Tropic Days Backpackers Reviews

28 Bunting street, Westcourt, Cairns, Australia

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel, everything was just perfect! It was very clean, well decorated and the stuff friendly and always helpful. I can recommend this place warmly.

Best. Hostel. Ever. I cannot recommend it enough. The staff was phenomenal (shout out to Carrie for being my life coach and helping me plan my trip), the rooms were clean, the atmosphere was great. Did I mention free wifi? My friends and I were still able to go out and have fun without needing to be at a party hostel. You won't regret your stay here. I miss it already!

There where two showers and two toilets for all the guesses (more than forty). Very noisy at night, which was annoying because we had chosen the hostel precisely because they said that it was quiet. There was nobody responsible, so I had to go and ask some of the guesses to be respectful. The kitchen was close till seven in the morning, which make it difficult to be ready at 7:30 to take the shuttle to the great barrier reef tours.

Absolutely the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Cockroaches and ants everywhere, incredibly dirty facilities and highly unprofessional staff. The hostel is owned by an incredibly uninviting couple, the wife (Cathy) is hands down the most vile and demeaning person I've ever met. Holes in the hammocks, stained bedsheets and duvet covers, erratic bus drivers, broken emergency exit windows, old and rusting bed frames, mouldy bathrooms and more make this "hostel" one of the worst in the country!

Absolutly loved this hostel! Staff was outstanding, great atmosphere and met some really nice people. By far one of my favorite hostels in Oz! Had a great time here

Such a chilled, friendly an comfortable hostel. The beds were super comfy, the outdoor area is really nice, especially while eating breakfast, very clean and the staff were always willing to lend a hand. The BBQ was brilliant as well.

Wonderful staff who make sure that you have a great stay. Very home-y feel.

Overall I absolutely loved this place; comfiest bed

A great hostel situated outside of town and as a result it is not a party hostel which fits my criteria! Friendly and helpful staff and very clean facilities meant that once I returned to Cairns from Cape Trib I booked a second set of days here and again have been impressed. The town is a 15 minute walk away which isn't too bad but there is also a shuttle bus several times a day if you don't fancy the walk, either way you're covered. In all I would highly recommend Tropic Days to anyone!

Super friendly and helpful staff, very clean place all around. Great facilities. If you find the main floor kitchen cramped, remember there's another upstairs. Only complaint was the location of our room--sandwiched between the main kitchen and outdoor patio/common area, not much quiet time (even 6 people talking @ reasonable levels comes across as noisy when it's right outside your window!). Definitely recommend this place, but if you want a double room request another besides #10.

The hostel itself is a short walk from the Cairns city center (roughly 15 - 20 mins) but there is a free shuttle bus at regular intervals. The atmosphere is laid back and it is a great place to relax. The Aussie BBQ they have on Mondays is very good. The staff is very friendly and service minded and are more than happy to help you with everything from bookings to suggestions on what you can do in and around Cairns.

Amazing place. kerri, in the reception is an angel. Helpful and patience. She take care of 1 or 2 troubles i had and fix it in 5 min. Thanks sweetheart. The staff is great too. Gabriel the owner is incredible funny and charismatic.... So If you go to Cairns make yourself a favor and go there. It´s a little bit far from the center, but for me was fine cause i don´t like the noisy explanade, and they take you in the free bus if you want go there. Please don´t miss the monday night Barbacue...

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Reception was great, helpful and friendly. Even though it's a little far from town they offer a free shuttle which is great, Wifi isn't very good but if you go into town you can get the community wifi which is a lot better.

Lovely relaxed atmosphere easy to meet people. Very clean hostel with nice comfortable communal areas and lots of hammocks. Helpful staff, location is a bit out but can walk to town im 20 mins or use the shuttle bus provided. Highly recommend if your looking for a little bit quieter hostel but still fun.

Fantasic hostel, free coffee and bread in the morning,very nice staff,shuttle bus, but there is a lack of toilets and showers.

Really nice hostel! Feels like home, almost, and the staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to help you out in any way possible. It's a bit pricier than other hostels in Cairns but I believe this place offers the best value. It's also a bit further out of town than other hostels.. but they offer a free shuttle into town and offer food vouchers to two really good restaurants. The WiFi is pretty strong and the hostel was very clean. If you're in Cairns I'd suggest staying here.

Great hostel! Free WIFI and shuttlebus to town, great atmosphere and friendly and helpful staff!

• 11th Jun 2014

best hostel in cairns. you meet a lot of friendly people there and everything is clean. would recommend it to everyone. there's a shuttle driving into town every hour, so if you want to party or to chill, it's always perfect! FREE WIFI!

I love here. Here is the first place that I stayed one place for my whole trip. They are so friendly and clean. And out of city so not noisy. But buying something is little bit uncomfotable. this is only one bad thing. there is enough area to take a rest with nature. Resonable price and free wifi free shuttlr bus free computer~ if you come to cairn to take a rest, i really recomend here!

Really enjoyed my stay here. But please put some proper locks on the toilets and showers! Also, people were sleeping on the sofas and this meant that no one had real access to those facilities.