Tropic Days Backpackers Reviews

28 Bunting street, Westcourt, Cairns, Australia

I would like to have had longer here as Tropic Days had a great feeling about the place and looked like it had everything a traveller would need. Unfortunately, I was here less than 12 hours on a stopover but was made to feel welcome by Sebastian and loved the Uluru caravan!

• 15th Jan 2015

The people were absolutely amazing. So accommodating. They really make sure you enjoy your stay and travel while in Cairns. They helped me book every trip I took and even spent time calling around and making the reservations. Extremely helpful and amazing.

• 5th Jan 2015

Tropic Days was really clean and comfortable! I spent a few nights and really enjoyed the peaceful environment. It's a bit anti-social though, it was hard to find people to chat since you have your own unit. The staff were very friendly and helpful but they had no interest in having conversations with anyone besides their own click. The location was not too bad. It was about 20 mins of walk to the central station mall and 30 mins away from the main strip- a bit long walk after the bars close.

The hostel is great but the location is less than ideal. It is located a bit out of the main part of town (20 minute walk), but they provide a free shuttle that runs every 1-2 hrs. What you trade for location, you get peace and quiet, security, and helpful staff.

I think this hostel could be perfect if they changed a few little things. Some of the staff are noisy all the time and especially after they have been on a night out (if you are in room 9 you will be right next to them). Only one kitchen has full facilities in to make a meal, so it gets pretty busy during the evening. The beds are super comfy, the wifi is good and the free pool table is great. It's a fair bit out of the city but they have lots of shuttles in. I enjoyed my stay here.

Nice hostel! Very nice staff. There is a positive vibe and everyone is really friendly. I loved staying there! The rooms are very clean and also the toilets and showers! Thumbs up for that! Nice pool and chilling hammocks!

• 15th Dec 2014

Just an amazing place! 100% relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff !! If you are planning to go to Cairns you MUST go there !!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Loved to stay in this hostel. It is very clean and it is really nice to spend time in the garden in one of the hammocks. Even the location is a little bit outside a free shuttlebus is provided to town. The staff helped us a lot with the booking of tours. I can highly recommend to stay at Tropic Days.

Great hostel, staff are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable! All the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and well equipped with storage boxes for valuables and plug sockets. Great atmosphere, very relaxed with hammocks and big outdoor area to sit in so as a solo traveler, it was great for meeting people . Monday BBQ night was great with great food and a good laugh. Bit further away from the main city but great for relaxing and booking tours. Would definitely stay again, had a great time :)

A little out of the way but a free shuttle into town is run all day long. The place itself is probably the most friendly hostel in Australia. It's slightly rustic feel gives it a large amount of charm and the atmosphere is so relaxed your worries and stresses seem to drift away on the breeze. A great base for a North Queensland adventure!

A good hostel with a great atmosphere. It's located a bit out of town so its nice and quiet and there's a regular bus service to and from town which is excellent. The staff are super helpful and friendly and the rooms and kitchens are clean. There are limited bathrooms and showers though so it can be a bit tricky when its busy.

Low pressure shower and hot water was unstable. No AC and far walk to the centre of the city. Otherwise decent facilities and atmosphere

Really nice hostel. Relaxed atmosphere and staff were very friendly. Nice pool and hammocks everywhere.

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel, everything was just perfect! It was very clean, well decorated and the stuff friendly and always helpful. I can recommend this place warmly.

Best. Hostel. Ever. I cannot recommend it enough. The staff was phenomenal (shout out to Carrie for being my life coach and helping me plan my trip), the rooms were clean, the atmosphere was great. Did I mention free wifi? My friends and I were still able to go out and have fun without needing to be at a party hostel. You won't regret your stay here. I miss it already!

Wow, thanks for your review. We love the place too and we all love working here.Enjoy the rest of your travels and stay safe

There where two showers and two toilets for all the guesses (more than forty). Very noisy at night, which was annoying because we had chosen the hostel precisely because they said that it was quiet. There was nobody responsible, so I had to go and ask some of the guesses to be respectful. The kitchen was close till seven in the morning, which make it difficult to be ready at 7:30 to take the shuttle to the great barrier reef tours.

Hi, thank you for your review. We at Tropic days love to show each guest around upon check in. You may of noted that we actually have 6 showers and 7 toilets, which is more than adequate for our guests. I am sorry you experience a noisy night, however we do supply a 24 hour afters hours number you could of rang at anytime. We also have staff that live on site too and would of been more than happy to solve this situation. Our kitchens are open 7 am until 9.30pm, Thanks again Gabriel.

Absolutly loved this hostel! Staff was outstanding, great atmosphere and met some really nice people. By far one of my favorite hostels in Oz! Had a great time here

Hi there, thank you sooooooooooo much for your kind words. Means the world to us!!

Such a chilled, friendly an comfortable hostel. The beds were super comfy, the outdoor area is really nice, especially while eating breakfast, very clean and the staff were always willing to lend a hand. The BBQ was brilliant as well.

Wonderful staff who make sure that you have a great stay. Very home-y feel.