Tropic Days Backpackers Reviews

28 Bunting street, Westcourt, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Was lovely had a private room very reasonably priced came with a tv and private bathroom aswell.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Scotland

A very Nice hostel! The staff is so lovely ! The room are very good : it s the first Time i feel home in a hostel ! It s just a bit far from the center but there are some free bus from the hostel !

• 29th Mar 2014

Great hostel, worthy of Lonely Planet's classification as "Cairn's best hostel". The only downside is the location - it's a 20-30 min walk from the center of town, however the regular shuttle makes up for that

The best hostel ever! Staff are the friendliest, especially Kerry she's so nice and helped me book all my tours. Free really strong wifi that reaches the bedrooms too. Everything is always being cleaned and it's really cosy, stand alone beds and nice kitchen and living room area. Shuttle into town otherwise 20 min walk. Clean towels for you to take on the tours. Friendly sociable atmosphere. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to escape the party hostels.

Really liked this hostel. The staff were very helpful and helped us plan our trips. It was walking distance to Cairns pier (although it took 25 minutes). Enjoyable stay and highly recommend it.

This hostel was a bit of a trek to the main town but there was a free shuttle bus. I stayed with my girlfriend in a private room which was clean, had a little fridge and a tv. We both enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and helped us book tours and trips. Overall, good stay.

Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed throughout Oz, New Zealand and Western Europe. Quiet but lots of socializing if you want it. Free security lockers, wifi and towels, my room (13) was spacious and had hooks and mirrors on the walls, outlets near every bed. Staff was excellent and helpful. I tried to stay an extra night and they were booked. Stayed at Dreamtime which was about the same price but not nearly as clean and without amenities Tropic Days offers.

• 27th Feb 2014

Awesome hostel. I stayed when i went to Cairns to do some diving and it was perfect. Really nice cosy family feel and the staff are super friendly. Super comfortable rooms and great chill out lounges and outdoor areas. Highly recommended!

I think probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Great atmosphere, clean bedrooms, and amazing people!! :)

I've stayed at lots of hostels and this by far is one if my favorites. Great atmosphere to meet new people around the pool, pool table, or just lounging in the courtyard. Wifi was good as well as shower and beds. The staff made it perfect. Remembered my name helped with excursions and had an amazing BBQ. (If you are there on a Monday you have to do it.) Luka one of the staff was the best. Just a great place to stay.

Tropic days is the best hostel i have been so far. The hostel is not right in the cbd but almost every hour drives a shuttelbus to town. Check in was perfekt. Thank you christian for feeling right away welcome!! Staff is really helpful and friendly Rooms have free lockers and charges for each bed!! Atmosphäre is perfekt. You have hangmats and a pool to chill. Everytime again!! Thank you.

It's the best hostel ever! Amazing atmosphere, great people, wonderful hospitality! Thank you so much for all your support, friendliness and everything:)

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Clean and well equipped but a long walk from the centre of town.

We loved this place. The hostel itself is brilliant, fitting Cairns perfectly. The staff were the best travel agents we have met in australia and couldnt do enough. Its nice and quiet, away from town but the free bus conveniently links the hostel to the town centre at well thought out times. We will be returning.

The hostel was really nice! Everything was very clean and spacious. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The only downfall was the distance. I don't mind walking, but it's not as nice when it's pouring rain. There are free shuttles into town, which is nice.

The friendliest staff!!!! Great wifi!!! The kitchen is always clean!! An absolute recommendation!!!

• 4th Jan 2014

Hostel is beautiful. Hammocks to lay on, a pool, great community areas. A little far from town, but there is a bus that can take you there and pick you up at certain times during the day.

Great ahmosphere! The bbq night is a really good way to meet people and enjoy good food (as long as u dare eating those animals)! Further from town than I expected!!!

It was the best hostel that we staid in australia, and free bus to town was awesome! :)

Staff are very friendly and those on reception are very knowledgeable about tours especially Kerri. 9 shuttles into town every day at good times if you don't fancy the walk which is great. Real chilled out atmosphere, would stay here again no worries ;-)