Tropic Days Backpackers Reviews

28 Bunting street, Westcourt, Cairns, Australia

Just an amazing place! 100% relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff !! If you are planning to go to Cairns you MUST go there !!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Loved to stay in this hostel. It is very clean and it is really nice to spend time in the garden in one of the hammocks. Even the location is a little bit outside a free shuttlebus is provided to town. The staff helped us a lot with the booking of tours. I can highly recommend to stay at Tropic Days.

Great hostel, staff are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable! All the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and well equipped with storage boxes for valuables and plug sockets. Great atmosphere, very relaxed with hammocks and big outdoor area to sit in so as a solo traveler, it was great for meeting people . Monday BBQ night was great with great food and a good laugh. Bit further away from the main city but great for relaxing and booking tours. Would definitely stay again, had a great time :)

A little out of the way but a free shuttle into town is run all day long. The place itself is probably the most friendly hostel in Australia. It's slightly rustic feel gives it a large amount of charm and the atmosphere is so relaxed your worries and stresses seem to drift away on the breeze. A great base for a North Queensland adventure!

A good hostel with a great atmosphere. It's located a bit out of town so its nice and quiet and there's a regular bus service to and from town which is excellent. The staff are super helpful and friendly and the rooms and kitchens are clean. There are limited bathrooms and showers though so it can be a bit tricky when its busy.

Low pressure shower and hot water was unstable. No AC and far walk to the centre of the city. Otherwise decent facilities and atmosphere

Really nice hostel. Relaxed atmosphere and staff were very friendly. Nice pool and hammocks everywhere.

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel, everything was just perfect! It was very clean, well decorated and the stuff friendly and always helpful. I can recommend this place warmly.

Best. Hostel. Ever. I cannot recommend it enough. The staff was phenomenal (shout out to Carrie for being my life coach and helping me plan my trip), the rooms were clean, the atmosphere was great. Did I mention free wifi? My friends and I were still able to go out and have fun without needing to be at a party hostel. You won't regret your stay here. I miss it already!

Wow, thanks for your review. We love the place too and we all love working here.Enjoy the rest of your travels and stay safe

There where two showers and two toilets for all the guesses (more than forty). Very noisy at night, which was annoying because we had chosen the hostel precisely because they said that it was quiet. There was nobody responsible, so I had to go and ask some of the guesses to be respectful. The kitchen was close till seven in the morning, which make it difficult to be ready at 7:30 to take the shuttle to the great barrier reef tours.

Hi, thank you for your review. We at Tropic days love to show each guest around upon check in. You may of noted that we actually have 6 showers and 7 toilets, which is more than adequate for our guests. I am sorry you experience a noisy night, however we do supply a 24 hour afters hours number you could of rang at anytime. We also have staff that live on site too and would of been more than happy to solve this situation. Our kitchens are open 7 am until 9.30pm, Thanks again Gabriel.

Absolutly loved this hostel! Staff was outstanding, great atmosphere and met some really nice people. By far one of my favorite hostels in Oz! Had a great time here

Hi there, thank you sooooooooooo much for your kind words. Means the world to us!!

Such a chilled, friendly an comfortable hostel. The beds were super comfy, the outdoor area is really nice, especially while eating breakfast, very clean and the staff were always willing to lend a hand. The BBQ was brilliant as well.

Wonderful staff who make sure that you have a great stay. Very home-y feel.

Overall I absolutely loved this place; comfiest bed

A great hostel situated outside of town and as a result it is not a party hostel which fits my criteria! Friendly and helpful staff and very clean facilities meant that once I returned to Cairns from Cape Trib I booked a second set of days here and again have been impressed. The town is a 15 minute walk away which isn't too bad but there is also a shuttle bus several times a day if you don't fancy the walk, either way you're covered. In all I would highly recommend Tropic Days to anyone!

Super friendly and helpful staff, very clean place all around. Great facilities. If you find the main floor kitchen cramped, remember there's another upstairs. Only complaint was the location of our room--sandwiched between the main kitchen and outdoor patio/common area, not much quiet time (even 6 people talking @ reasonable levels comes across as noisy when it's right outside your window!). Definitely recommend this place, but if you want a double room request another besides #10.

The hostel itself is a short walk from the Cairns city center (roughly 15 - 20 mins) but there is a free shuttle bus at regular intervals. The atmosphere is laid back and it is a great place to relax. The Aussie BBQ they have on Mondays is very good. The staff is very friendly and service minded and are more than happy to help you with everything from bookings to suggestions on what you can do in and around Cairns.

Amazing place. kerri, in the reception is an angel. Helpful and patience. She take care of 1 or 2 troubles i had and fix it in 5 min. Thanks sweetheart. The staff is great too. Gabriel the owner is incredible funny and charismatic.... So If you go to Cairns make yourself a favor and go there. It´s a little bit far from the center, but for me was fine cause i don´t like the noisy explanade, and they take you in the free bus if you want go there. Please don´t miss the monday night Barbacue...

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Reception was great, helpful and friendly. Even though it's a little far from town they offer a free shuttle which is great, Wifi isn't very good but if you go into town you can get the community wifi which is a lot better.

Lovely relaxed atmosphere easy to meet people. Very clean hostel with nice comfortable communal areas and lots of hammocks. Helpful staff, location is a bit out but can walk to town im 20 mins or use the shuttle bus provided. Highly recommend if your looking for a little bit quieter hostel but still fun.