Tropic Days Backpackers Reviews

28 Bunting street, Westcourt, Cairns, Australia

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! Great staff, atmosphere and overall excellent place. It's a 20 minute walk from the town center, but I didn't mind. There is a regular shuttle that runs hourly. If you're around on a Monday night, they put on an Aussie barbecue. I highly recommend Tropic Days!

This really is a place i will never forget! Bus to town! Best phrase ever go stay and you will see what i mean. Staff are awesome friendly and very helpful. If you want to meet some awesome travellers from all countries, have a bbq, drinks n a time to remember go here! Love you tropic days!!!

• 20th Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

really a good hostel but the window of my room didn't open so we needed to sleep with the door opened! please fix!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Great atmosphere; it was like staying in someone's house with friends rather than staying in a hostel. The only negative was the one shower and toilet on the top floor; would be good to have one more shower.

Awesome hostel, great staff and atmosphere, clean, safe...everything you can wish for. Located a 15-20 minute walk from the city center, which didn't bother me at all. Free bus from the hostel to city center and back, several times a day. Whatever you do, don't miss the Monday Aussie BBQ! The owner himself is the chef, and it is a genuine and great atmosphere. Staff is also really great when it comes to helping out with booking tours. Excellent recommendations! Would definitely stay here again!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Was lovely had a private room very reasonably priced came with a tv and private bathroom aswell.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Scotland

A very Nice hostel! The staff is so lovely ! The room are very good : it s the first Time i feel home in a hostel ! It s just a bit far from the center but there are some free bus from the hostel !

Great hostel, worthy of Lonely Planet's classification as "Cairn's best hostel". The only downside is the location - it's a 20-30 min walk from the center of town, however the regular shuttle makes up for that

The best hostel ever! Staff are the friendliest, especially Kerry she's so nice and helped me book all my tours. Free really strong wifi that reaches the bedrooms too. Everything is always being cleaned and it's really cosy, stand alone beds and nice kitchen and living room area. Shuttle into town otherwise 20 min walk. Clean towels for you to take on the tours. Friendly sociable atmosphere. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to escape the party hostels.

Really liked this hostel. The staff were very helpful and helped us plan our trips. It was walking distance to Cairns pier (although it took 25 minutes). Enjoyable stay and highly recommend it.

This hostel was a bit of a trek to the main town but there was a free shuttle bus. I stayed with my girlfriend in a private room which was clean, had a little fridge and a tv. We both enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and helped us book tours and trips. Overall, good stay.

Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed throughout Oz, New Zealand and Western Europe. Quiet but lots of socializing if you want it. Free security lockers, wifi and towels, my room (13) was spacious and had hooks and mirrors on the walls, outlets near every bed. Staff was excellent and helpful. I tried to stay an extra night and they were booked. Stayed at Dreamtime which was about the same price but not nearly as clean and without amenities Tropic Days offers.

1 2 Next » last »