Tropic Days Backpackers Reviews

28 Bunting street, Westcourt, Cairns, Australia

Incredibly helpful staff, beautiful and serene surroundings. The perfect place to chill out between your Queensland adventures.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Israel

I cannot rave enough about Tropic Days! The Monday BBQ is a must do! It is cleaned daily and the bathrooms are amazingly clean. The outdoor area is great for socializing and meeting fellow guests. The staff are amazing! So helpful with any questions I had and also suggested/booked all my tours for me and they all turned out great! The only SLIGHT downfall is the location, but they easily solve this by offering a free ride to the city every other hour. I'd go back to Tropic days in a heartbeat!

The best hostel in Australia so far!! Relaxing and clean. In a quiet place with free bus to the city all day long. Great staff, very friendly and helpful! Will recommend this place to everyone who visiting Cairns.

The hostel itself was really nice, and the staff were lovely. However we stayed in the camping facilities which were quite cramped. We used one of the supplied tents, and for 2 tall people there was not much room to move in the 2 person tent. We had to leave our bags outside the tent while we slept, it would have been good if there were some kind of outdoor locker facilities for these times. The barbeque night was really good though, and salads and veggie patties were available for vegetarians.

Very chilled hostel. Quiet and clean and everything you need.

we didnt find it as amazinggg as other previous comments mentioned. we had a room right next to the tv, with a group of guys watching an action movie and it was quite loud way after the allowed hours. maybe because there just isnt anyone of the staff present when we came back around 9pm. no one there. hostal door was even locked and we werent told we had to use the code behind the room key (we hadnt even looked at our room key as it was open when we went in). just about ok for us, no neverland.

Great clean hostel with a nice yard. Only negatives were that the AC was charged and the location was pretty far from the main area of Cairns.

While tropic days is a little far from the city center(25min walk) it makes up for it by having great facilities, multiple kitchens, and a great BBQ night. Thanks for everything guys!

This hostel is nice and clean. The staff are good too. The pool is really nice to swim in on hot days and the hammocks are very relaxing and comfortable.

After traveling Australia for 2.5 months I can confidently say this is the best hostel I have in which I have stayed in Australia. Most hostels have a corporate feel, and very strict rules. They do not trust their guests and their "culture" is very artificial. Not the case with Tropic Days. Young, friendly staff keep the atmosphere positive and chill...like I am used to from Eastern Europe and Central America. Great job guys!

Have a fantastic returns policy! Unfortunately had to use it but the actual accommodation was really good for the price. The staff are brilliant and very helpful, the location a little out from the city but regular shuttles means it isn't a problem. The bathrooms are clean. the surrounding plants make it seem like a little oasis. The only problem is lack of lockers but they do have small safes big enough to fit documentation, iPads. If I'm in Cairns I would stay here and recommend staying here.

Tropic days is the best hostel I have stayed in so far! It has a friendly atmosphere, the staff are extremely helpful! They offer so many things complimentary: tea, coffee, bus into town, wifi, swimming pool. The BBQ was also great definitely recommend it :)

Very welcoming place with a great environment.

We had a beautiful time, thanks. The hostel is very clean and the kitchen 90% of the day clean. We realy enjoyed our stay.

Best hostel in cairns for meeting people

The staff here were fabulous, helped us to arrange some tours and recommended great places to eat in town. Our room was also ready as soon as we arrived which was great after 22 hours flying! Would love to come back to such a great place.

• 8th Feb 2015

Amazing setting, palm trees, hammocks an lovely pool. Felt very homely! Good place to meet people. Super comfy beds, most of which weren't bunk beds which is great. Safes in rooms. Good free wifi and computer access. Couldn't fault the staff, really friendly and helpful. If your there on BBQ night, it's defiantly worth a go. We were worried about the distance to town but the hostel has a bus which goes pretty regular and the walks not bad-so had no problems. Air con is $1 for 3hours.

1 2 Next » last »