Tropic Inn @De Vos Avenue Reviews

19 De Vos Avenue, Colombo 4, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Very clean and staff were always helpful. Breakfast is massive and really good. You also have a choice between sri lankan and western breakfast. It's also placed well so you can walk to get the bus or train easily.

Very helpful staff made me very welcome and helped me in finding my way around Colombo

Wonderful stay in Colombo...room and others are very clean..Big breakfast..helpful and friendly staff(specially thanks to Ashok^^)..it's worth it..

Clean and friendly. What it lacked in atmosphere , the staff compensated by giving us an enormous, banquet of a breakfast..... huge plate of fresh fruit each, choice of eggs, stacks of toast, marmalade and large pot of tea. Couldn't fault it and helped us to get transport to the railway station. Bed was clean with very comfy pillows.

I really enjoyed my stay in Tropic Inn! HIGHLY recomend this place, mostly thanks to its wonderful staff - especially Ashok (I believe your name is, sorry if I didn't get it right?), the receptionist, who is so thoughtful and helpful in every way. The included breakfast is just wonderful - (quickly) made as you wait. Really good location, close to Galle Road, Majestic City (shopping mall) and buses. Room is clean and neat. Excellent WiFi! THANK YOU for taking so good care of me :D Best wishes /C

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

Very good place I recommend !!

My next vacation, I will stay with Tropic Inn, Colombo,4, Sri Laqnka Thanks, Hostel World and Tropic Inn saincerely, Daya Thennakoon

• 31st Jan 2014

The staff acted a little weird and knocked on our door all the time. The rooms were really ugly, but they had what we expected: a bed and a bathroom. Our room was situated almost in the reception, so it was really noisy. There was a door bell for the entrance that woke us up from time to time. Good location though, and nice breakfast.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Good place !!! The location allows to go quickly to Fort or Pettah, or Mount Lavinia in South, by train. The place is clean and pretty. Ashok the young guy is very kind and very helpful. Good value.

Average location, great breakfast. Clean, simple and very quite: great for one or two night staying in colombo

The staff were very kind and helpful. As I suffer from a bad back I found the mattresses very comfortable.

• 23rd Jan 2014

Very handy for the center of Colombo, a bit noisy if your in the wrong room (traffic noise) 5 mins walk from various shops and restaurants and the coast line, but no beach.....head 2-3ks south for that. Wifi in the lobby area and a good fruit breakfast

I stayed here on 3 occasions on my trip to Sri Lanka, Run by a good team, 3 young guys and another old guy. Did have few issues, the Electricity in room 5 was playing up so the Air con stopped working then they ended up having to move us to another room in the middle of the night.. also the hot water stopped working which was horrible because I was suffering from cold..

Clean and well run, friendly helpful staff and comfortable rooms for a good price.

Very clean and nice room, helpful staff and great food. I would definitely stay here again!

The breakfast is very good.

• 19th Dec 2013

The staff were great. I arrived very early in Colombo and was given breakfast whilst my room was cleaned and then allowed to check in. The location is good for access to Colombo, but the beach is not easily accessible and not sand so don't use it for this

nice place, very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast.

I liked very much my stay at Tropic Inn. The hostel is very clean, very secure and the staff is super friendly and always willing to help. They serve tea all day long and the breakfast is great. I would recommend this hostel to every Colombo traveler.

This hostel is simple, clean and pleasant, in a nice location (a bit south to the main tourist attractions). The atmosphere is more than agreeable, and the staff - especially Prakash and Rumais, who took very good care of us - is friendly and efficient. There are several good and cheap places to eat nearby (Green Cabin, for example, is 10 minutes by foot), as well as a shopping mall (Majestic City) which has a supermarket with whatever you might need.

• 31st Aug 2013