Tropic Inn Reviews

30 College Avenue, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Great shower, close to train, wonderful breakfast

old fort building as expected, good service and helpful staff

My wife and I stayed at the hostel twice and it was perfect for what we were looking for.

• 20th Feb 2015

We very much enjoyed our stay at Tropic Inn. The pick up service from the airport worked fantastic. The stuff was friendly and helpful and even changing our booking was no problem.

Nice decently clean place staff were friendly , dorm could use some lockers . Just a few minutes from the beach. The airport pick up was handy. Nice quite place to relax

I enjoyed my stay here as it was clean, not too busy and it helped by having a tv in the dorm I stayed in which was nice to unwind to asi wafched a couple of films on HBO chamnel. There is nothing in mt lavinia so not alot to do, it is close to the beach but its not a great beach. Wifi was good but had a few powercuts during one evening. Nice guy on reception. I guess the wifi and tv helped me to relax and having noone in the dorm gave me a relaxing time. Close to town but area is boring.

Nice cheap place near the beach and train station. No complaints.

A 2 minute walk to the beach. A 10 minute walk to the Mt. Livonia train station. (Although if you want a seat in 2nd class, you should go to the Colombo station.) Maybe about a 40 minute tuktuk ride to Colombo.

The young staff are excellent, all the boys try to help. When things go wrong, like tv, air con, water or anything they apologise and try to fix it. I think management could be a bit more proactive in fixing the facilities and that would help. It's the best customer service I've had in Sri Lanka. They just need to fix a few things and keep the maintenance up. They could improve the food too, the breakfast is fine and some of it is adequate but some is too pricey for what it is and staff agree.

Best hostel, I ever had. Friendliness of staff is overwhelming, esp. LASITHA -hopefully correct spelling(?!) does everything to make you happy. If you want busy nightlife, go closer to Colombo city. If you want to relax from a busy life, choose Tropic Inn. Breakfeast is heaven there.

• 5th Oct 2014