Tropic Inn Reviews

30 College Avenue, Colombo, Sri Lanka

The staff were very helpful and friendly. Free breakfast is included, however, we were not told what time this is at and since we got in from our flight very late, when we came down at 10am they had stopped serving breakfast. They also started construction work in the hostel fairly early. However, besides those two complaints, the rooms were very nice and clean and the location to the beach is excellent.

This was a great place to stay. The staff were very helpful and the airport pick-up service made our arrival so much easier.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

They do not have a safety deposit box at the front desk or luggage storage. A problem if you need to keep your things there or store luggage. i left my luggage sitting there in the front desk of the hotel. I was headed to Kandy and did not want to take it. I was lucky and nothing was stolen. The Hotel has excellent value and a nice free breakfast. the wifi is weak. The Hotel has a great location within 1 block of the beach.

I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff is soooo nice, especially lasitha! he's definitively the heart of the hostel. Furthermore the room was very clean, the breakfast was delicious and the beach is very close. Best location to start a trip through sri lanka or to spend your last days before you fly home. Thanx to the Tropic Inn to let me feel so welcome! And a special hug to lasitha! :)

• 28th Jul 2013

Extremely helpful staff - I had booked a dorm room, but was given a single room to sleep in when I arrived at 6.30am (after being picked up by one of their drivers). The receptionist helped me organise onward travel to Kandy, and EVEN woke me up when I overslept so I wouldn't miss my train! What a hero! Would definitely come again.