Tropic of Capricorn Resort Reviews

11 Wasa Wasa Rd Newtown Nadi Fiji, Nadi, Fiji

Awesome hostel to stay in Nadi. Really frendly staff :)!!!

I had such a great time at Bamboo Tropic. I stayed there twice during my visit to Fiji. The staff were always so friendly and ready to help at anytime, especially the likes of Jerry, Rico and George. The kava ceremonies in particular we're great fun. Loved the location on the beach, a great atmosphere that was really driven by the staff and the other guests!

5/5 # i really enjoyed my stay at Tropic :) The Rooms are clean and in good Conditions just as the Pool as well. Pretty fancy Place for such a Price is almost unbelievable so i extended my Stay there a few times The Staff is really friendly and helps you if you got any kinda Problem, e.g. Lost youre FlipFlops... Couple Times :D Thanks Rafael, Sarah, Pela, Wayne, Jo, Jerry, Junior and many many more Names for making my stay unforgetable!

The bathroom in the dorm was dirty and wet and there was hardly no place to hang/put onto one's clothes or things while using the bathroom or the shower. Also the toilet in the main building was dirty and untidy. There was a big cockroach in our dorm.

A nice clean hostel. Worlds apart from their awful sister hostel Bamboo. The vibe was more intimate but still lively with the kava ceremony. The staff were competent and friendly. The only negative is that they state they have hot water showers but in fact this is just one hot water shower for the whole hostel.

Stayed here for a few nights and really enjoyed it. Friendly staff, especially Holly, and really clean. Also enjoyed the food, which u can get for a good price. The kava nights were amazing and the entertainment in general is really nice. From housekeeping, front office, kitchen and the fijian food was absolutely perfect. I will definitely come back after my round trip to the vitilevu island. Thank u so much for the hospitality!

• 19th Apr 2015

I stayed at tropic of Capricorn for 4 days upon arriving in fiji and two days before I left fiji, and it was great. The hostel itself is nice but the best part for me was one of the staff member holly who could not have been more helpful! She booked all of my island trips for an amazing price and then amended them no problem when cyclone pam hit and my plans had to be changed, the place wouldn't be the same with out her! It is also a great starting point to get to the islands.

• 9th Mar 2015

This hostel was such a let down. Based on reviews I expected a clean and welcoming environment. The staff was extremely slow moving making us wait an hour to check in, another 4 to provide a wifi code, and failing to notify us that our day trip was canceled because they "forgot". The kitchen was closed and we weren't provided breakfast vouchers because we booked with hostel world instead of them directly. The bathrooms were dirty and a lack of good screans led to misquitoes in the showers.

Bula, thanks for the comments and sincere apologies that your stay was less than perfect. Our new management team are excited and determined to improve facilities, cleanliness, and our overall guest experience! Please note that your breakfast vouchers reference is surprisingly incorrect. We do not offer vouchers for any guests, but our beach cafe does have a nice light breakfast @ F$4. Vinaka and happy travels. the tropic team.

Arrived very late in Nadi: NO free pickup as they promised. No one at reception so we had to wait another hour before getting our room! No Wifi or A/C in the room. Next day, no apology for the pickup. Reception starts hard selling tours in mananuca's we don't want. We find a massive discount for Mana resort online instead. Tropic of Capricorn insists on calling them, and LIES TO OUR FACE about the price. I call from my cell ($$$) and learn the truth. T.O.C. didn't care. Stressful and unpleasant!

Bula. Thanks for the feedback. Your super last minute booking and very late arrival were a big challenge for our team! We do actually offer a free airport pickup, but only when you email us your flight number in advance to secure a free pickup plan ;) And we do have great free wifi, but only in our main pool and lounge area. And finally, our lovely front desk team are always keen to offer tips, tricks and friendly advice for Fiji travel. We humbly apologise about this mis-communication.