Tropic of Capricorn Resort Reviews

11 Wasa Wasa Rd Newtown Nadi Fiji, Nadi, Fiji

I stayed at tropic of Capricorn for 4 days upon arriving in fiji and two days before I left fiji, and it was great. The hostel itself is nice but the best part for me was one of the staff member holly who could not have been more helpful! She booked all of my island trips for an amazing price and then amended them no problem when cyclone pam hit and my plans had to be changed, the place wouldn't be the same with out her! It is also a great starting point to get to the islands.

• 9th Mar 2015

This hostel was such a let down. Based on reviews I expected a clean and welcoming environment. The staff was extremely slow moving making us wait an hour to check in, another 4 to provide a wifi code, and failing to notify us that our day trip was canceled because they "forgot". The kitchen was closed and we weren't provided breakfast vouchers because we booked with hostel world instead of them directly. The bathrooms were dirty and a lack of good screans led to misquitoes in the showers.

• 9th Mar 2015

Arrived very late in Nadi: NO free pickup as they promised. No one at reception so we had to wait another hour before getting our room! No Wifi or A/C in the room. Next day, no apology for the pickup. Reception starts hard selling tours in mananuca's we don't want. We find a massive discount for Mana resort online instead. Tropic of Capricorn insists on calling them, and LIES TO OUR FACE about the price. I call from my cell ($$$) and learn the truth. T.O.C. didn't care. Stressful and unpleasant!

Bula. Thanks for the feedback. Your super last minute booking and very late arrival were a big challenge for our team! We do actually offer a free airport pickup, but only when you email us your flight number in advance to secure a free pickup plan ;) And we do have great free wifi, but only in our main pool and lounge area. And finally, our lovely front desk team are always keen to offer tips, tricks and friendly advice for Fiji travel. We humbly apologise about this mis-communication.

Extremely friendly people will help you with ANYTHING ! Great sunset location over water great facilities for cheap price .

• 24th Feb 2015

Best Hostel in Fiji, Very very friendly staff and helpful people. Stayed there 2 times and its very clean. Did already bring a friend and he loved it. Actually Its also belongs to bamboo now. Suppose to go to the island but decided no to because this place is hard to leave and its fun, Kava every night, playing pool, chess with Samu but no body beats him..lol., lots of free activities. I definitely recommend it :) I will come back for sure with all my friends.See you soon.

• 28th Jan 2015