Trotamundos Hostel Reviews

Bailen 12, Seville, Spain

Hostel was good value for money. However, there was no toiletpaper sometimes and there was music from the livingroom until late.

• 14th Nov 2015

Good budget place, I really enjoyed my time here though I do wish the wifi worked in the rooms

Very basic hostel but it's very comfortable. Showers are almost impossible but overall it was fine.

The receptionist was not friendly and forgot to give me the door code to get in late at night. When I tried to re-enter at 11pm, the other receptionist gave me a hard time for not remembering the code even though I explained no on gave it to me. A few minutes later, a French guy and his mom were ringing the bell for five minutes before the receptionist let him in. Again, the lecture on remembering the code that no one gave them. That kind of spoiled the experience though the hostel is nice.

Location and kitchen were good. Bathroom floors were almost always wet. Saw a couple of cockroaches in there too. The guy who checked us in was nice and helpful but he disappeared quickly. Not sure about reception hours but nobody was there in the afternoon or evening . There was a guy who stayed in the common area and another loitering behind the reception desk who seemed to work there but when we asked for help they told us reception didn't open til the next day. Okay place just for a sleep.

I must admit it s the most beautyful hostel i ve never seen, in a typicall Andalusia style building but it seems that the owner doesn t care about it.infact it was not so clean ( bathroom, stairs, pillows) and not so much safe bacause i could not close my room even if i could close the locker. However it was perfect for 12 euros.

Beautiful hostel, good location, nice staff, homely vibe. Air con in rooms. Only problem would be wifi not reaching reaching my bed but other than that super nice

The hostel was pretty good, but the fact that the washrooms didn't have soap was a huge turn-off. It was the only hostel we stayed at that didn't have soap in the washrooms. And there weren't enough washrooms for the number of people.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It was a great hostel, no problems what so ever.

God awful hostel do not stay here. Staff were so rude and awful. Had to arrive in the early hours I the morning so emailed (as requested on website) to let them know as apparently there's a code?? Got to Seville no reply via email nothing. So a creepy man answers the door on crutches who is just a guest staying there and wants us to give him €25 or our passports ha! So we ring a number in the wall and someone barks at us what's the problem?! Filthy bathrooms, 0 atmosphere as 0 guests. Awful

Room, bed, and kitchen are relatively old but still function. Could be a fight for shower and bathroom in rush hour. Breakfast can be purchase with 2€. Common zone is huge with great atmosphere of meeting new people. Air-con is very good in bedrooms

For sure one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe. Very close to everything, including a supermarket. It has a very cool common area and it's very easy to meet people and make friends. Carlos, the host, speaks 6 languages and is the nicest guy ever!!! I really recommend it!

There were constantly cockroach in the kitchen.The one guy in the reception was very rude and unfriendly. Manuel- the oher guy was very helpfull and nice.The rooms were cleaned every day.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Greece

There was an okay atmosphere but it was very dirty, and there was fungus in our room and a cockroach by the washing machines. They should also consider getting a larger fridge.

Lack of facilities such as: No 24h desk reception, no towels, pc broken. Only good was the kitchen. In my personal experience I was unlucky because of noisy Chinese ppl in the room singing and watching videos until 4AM. Even so, I liked it and was enough for the money I paid.

Very close to the main plazas in Seville as well as within walking distance of some of the greatest food around town. A bit tricky to get to from the bus station but doable and not too tiring considering the heat this summer.

Please, please, please put hand soap in the bathrooms. I get that it costs more, but the pure hygiene problems that accompany that sort of cost cutting measure are not only obvious, but deplorable to subject in a shared living environment.

I only stayed here for one night but I enjoyed my time here, great atmosphere, good WiFi, right by a supermarket, close to the main bus station, and decent price, good facilities, would recommend staying here.

Very nice location in the center of Sevilla and the building is great! Rooms provide air conditioning and lockers, also laundry and WIFI definetely are a big +! The staff was very kind and helpful. Unluckily the kitchen and the bathrooms weren't very clean, although they clean the Hostel every day, the fridge and some showers weren't in a very good state. The breakfast, even though it's just 2 Euros could be improved and lockers on the doors would be great!

Too few toilets. NO SOAP in the bathroom!! Breakfast = toast with jam and coffee. The rooms had no locks on the doors! Poor WIFI. Night concierge doesn't speak english.