Trotamundos Hostel Reviews

Bailen 12, Seville, Spain

The hostel itself was cute, and very close to a lot of attractions. The wifi was absolutely terrible, though, and the maps they give out at the front desk are actually only of the city center, so useless if you plan on going outside of it. The room door also has a weird lock, and every room has huge windows that you can just climb in. Thankfully, they so provide a locker in the rooms.

We stayed in a 8 bed dorm and they were all taken, but the room was very spacious and so so so clean! only 1 bedroom in our hallway but okay. You receive a code of the front gate which i think is great. The staff cannot speak English that well but we managed haha.

The actual hostel building itself is a beautiful building and has so much potential, but unfortunately that's pretty much where is ends. The cleanliness was a major issue, shower doors had hair and dust all over them, floors throughout the hostel where filthy, kitchen needed a good clean and our sheets hadn't been changed as there was chocolate on my partners matress sheet and still chocolate wrappers in the bed, and my bed had someone's hair still on the pillow and matress.

Good hostel but with no atmosphere. Location near Plaza de las Armas bus station, which was perfect for me. Also the staff could wasn't helpful or nice if you needed something.

Start with the positive the bed was really comfortable and there was hot water in the shower. Now for the negative, staff we're not helpful at all. One lady does the check in and does all the cleaning, problem there is the place isn't clean at all. The hostel is noisy, if anyone slams a door or talks loud it echoes throughout the hostel. We were unlucky to be staying at the same time as a large group that made excessive amounts of noise. There is meant to be quite time but the staff don't care

This place was a little overpriced for what was offered. The breakfast was very poor, only bread, and some bland cereal and if you didn´t eat right away there was nothing left. I would have at least liked to have seen enough food for everyone if it is going to be sparse. Also, people were smoking in the stairwell and in you had to walk right through the smoke to get to your rooms. The rooms themselves were nice and air condition and plug in next to the beds but other than that it was lacking.

Since the dormitories have all windows facing the inner court where people meet and talk, light and noise enters in the dormitories. All the guest should be given a "hostel id" due to security reasons. During daytime just anybody can enter the hostel. This is not good. During nighttime the hostel is quite secure with the access pin code.

• 9th May 2014
  • Austria

Gorgeous hostel, staff were very kind even though we came too early and woke them up! Beds comfy, breakfast was a great little surprise though basic, really close to everything, only a 10 minute walk to the centre :)

• 1st May 2014

Reeked of cigarettes, man on the night shift unwelcoming and disappeared for 30 minutes when it was time to check out even though he saw us standing at the front desk. Bathroom floors looked like swamp water, and now that I see another review about spider bites I think I know what's on my ankles and hand...I felt uncomfortable and was relieved to check out after one night.

• 22nd Apr 2014

I was very unhappy with my stay here. As soon as I walked in the place smelt of smoke and I am not a smoker so I was not pleased. The showers were disgusting with mold on the walls. The floors were filthy with dirty water as well. The staff was ok, but when I had to check out there was no one at the desk to sign me out or take my keys. The location is excellent but unfortunately I would not recommend this hostel to anyone due to the cleanliness.

This hostel was one of the worst I've stayed in in Spain. Though the location is good, the staff was rude and unhelpful, and even after I had emailed and confirmed I would be able to check-in early, I was not allowed and had to sit in the lobby until it's 1:30PM check-in time. There is one woman who does everything: check-in, cleaning... which is probably why the bathrooms and kitchen were disgusting. Also, woke up the next morning covered in spider bites. Thank god I only stayed here one night.

The rooms were stuffy, although the beds were comfortable I will say. There were people smoking inside the hostel. The cleanliness of the hostel was a huge question for me.

Staff was very helpful and answered all of our questions and arranged an early morning cab for us. Rooms and bathrooms were clean

We wished there was a little more offered for breakfast, but overall a good hostel not too far away from many of the attractions.

Nice hostel, cheap ans good quality. Very calm ambiance.

The hostel is very clean and the price is cheap. It is located near to most of the attraction sites, restaurants and bars. The staff are very friendly. Each guest has its own small locker where you can keep your property locked and safe. The bath rooms are clean with hot showers. I have been to several hostels in Europe and I found Trotamunods hostel the best at such cheap prices.

The hostel is located close to the main attraction and it is in a beautiful old style building... Unfortunately mainteinence is not properly managed and facilities are poor: only one shower working in the male bathroom and no light in the wc... The room was very cold… Old style means nice but we are in 2014 and only one plug in a room for six people is hilarious... Staff was polite but not very proactive in giving information and suggestions about the city...

everything was very nice and if i came next time i would choose the same hostel:)

Internet doesn't work in any rooms.

• 3rd Mar 2014

The only thing i really liked has been the kindness of Sabrina, one of the owner, beside she has been the only one who cleaned the hostel.