True Friends Hostel and Travel House Reviews

89a Nguyen Thien Thuat street, Loc Tho Ward , Nha Trang city, Nha Trang, Vietnam

We enjoyed our stay at True Friends with their friendly staff making our kids feel very welcome. Very helpful staff with assistance in booking whatever tour, scooter or cruise we wanted. Good room with excellent air con!! : )

Staff was very nice and funny. The location is good and it is very cheap, and the rooms are standard. They have a sister property called True Friends Inn which has a better common area, and has an included breakfast for only $1 more. Good hostel, though if I had known before hand that I could stay somewhere with the same management that has a nicer common area and food included for just an extra dollar I would have preferred to do that.

Staff were great and friendly. Dorms had ac and they bathroom was cleaned daily and linen changed daily.

There was no hot water during the whole time I was there (3 days)

Good enough for my one night stay and great that they let me into the empty dorm when I arrived early morning.

Nice, clean, simple room. 4 bed doorm was cleaned every day. No common area. 3 blocks from the beach. The lockers are a little strange, with bars instead of bottom.

I had such an amazing and accomedating stay. The family is wonderful. They cooked for us, took us out and even found space when they were full. It's a basic hostel, mattresses on the floor, no lockers, no crazy backpacker bar but it has amazing heart. Make this place your home in Dalat. P.s cannot recommend the canyoning enough - most fun and best value activity I've done in my 4 months in Asia!

just nice..... for the location is very good.! and price is nice!

• 21st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Good value for money hostel, closed to the beach and main attractions. They sell tours and tickets at reasonable prices. I arrived at 6 in the morning and they let me in the dorm without surcharge. There was an issue with hot water in our room so they offered us to shower on the first floor. All consider good value for money.

Good location, cheap, nice rooms. But we had only cold water and there's no common room.

Would not a rent a bike off the hostel. As it's not their own bikes, they get it off a third party and therefore when it comes to returning it the third party supplier tries to rip you off and the hostel staff do not support you. Take pictures before setting off on the bike and you will have some proof. But they will still try to con you.

Ok place, shower doors rather see through so be aware of this, funny when people haven't realised. I done it myself. Place is locked up and you have to knock to get in a night.

Not very clean. The sheets could do with a good wash. No hot water. When it rains the floor gets flooded. Very noisy. Im glad we only stayed 1 night

Fabulous hostel - comfortable beds, TV, chairs and fridge in the room! Great location (5 mins from the beach and near lots of great bars), and really friendly staff. We had such a good stay I lost my travel companion who wanted to stay longer!! Bathroom inside dorm is pretty small, and the lockers are flimsy, but would highly recommend this to anyone travelling on a budget as it is excellent value for money. Thanks for a great stay, I would definitely return :)

The staff were helpful and helped us find the buses and on trip to the mudbaths, its also in a central location for the bars.

nice hostel

• 13th Nov 2013

We got an upgrade for the first two nights, from dorm to private ensuite double for the same price as the dorm. But they asked if we would move to there newer hostel down the road - it's not great so we moved back and into the dorm here, much nicer. The staff are super friendly and very helpful, they can be a bit pushy on tours but nothing a friendly smile can't cope with. Clean and tidy. Wifi strong and good.

Stayed here on recommendation of a friend. I could not speak more highly of a place. The staff were awesome from the moment we arrived. Helpful, chatty and told us all the 'to do' of the area as well as helping us with things if needed. The rooms were fine and the location great. I loved my 4 days in Nha Trang and didn't want to leave. The only down fall was the wifi in the rooms wasn't very good at all However there were computers and wifi in reception area. Would 100% recommend to all :).