Tuatara Lodge Reviews

30 - 32 Dee Street, P.O. Box 960, Invercargill, New Zealand

When we checked in, the staff was very short with us. It was also the coldest hostel I've ever been in. The kitchen was so cold I could see my breath. Only the heaters in the room worked. The rest of the building was freezing. Also, the hot water in the shower lasted all of three minutes. It was just not a very comfortable place to stay. Not very friendly, not warm, and the wifi is only available in the reception area.

I stayed there one night. It was fine. Not many atmosphere as the very big hostel was almost empty but I can't really blame them for that. Very clean, nice staff, shower was good and the place was tidy

Very quiet hostel with a nice cafe downstairs. The kitchen and tvv room are spacious. The showers a decent. The place is overall kind of dingy, but I think this could be fixed by using different lighting, it's quite dark in the halls/bathroom/and dorms. I stayed for 2 nights and it was great for thus short stay!

Basic hostel, no extras, in the center of Invercargill. Staff was really nice, but unfortunately the female toilet on the second floor was not working (flush was broken.) Security system felt safe, but I couldn't lock expensive things anywhere.

Free wifi, but it is SO slow. But you can go next door to the library for faster free wifi. The bunks are noisy and shake at the slightest movement. And there isn't really a cool atmosphere there... Or in Invercargill in general.

View all Invercargill Hostels