Tuatara Lodge Reviews

30 - 32 Dee Street, P.O. Box 960, Invercargill, New Zealand

A friendly comfortable place to stay. Very good laundry facility but no breakfast. A variety of pastries and coffee can be purchased from the bar/cafe on the ground floor. My concern was about the fire procedures. I did not see any fire buckets, extinguishers or maps of the escape routes. The written instructions in the room referred to exits and assembly places but as a newcomer I had no idea where they were.

• 6th Mar 2014

Great staff, great location. I had a great time there and really great staff, friendly, helpful, amazing :)

Good if you're in one of the rooms that actually has windows...! Otherwise nice lounge and café

Nice hostel in the middle of the town. The only thing that confused me was that the bunk beds are quite low considering the high ceilings-there would be room for some more height. It was more of a problem that Invercargill seemed like a ghost town the one night I was there.

Had an ace time in Tuatara, would def recommend to anyone going to Invercargill.

Staff didn't know about my booking. The hostel doesn't have a homelike atmosphere. The inside of the building looked like a hospital to me.

Quiet and clean, close to city centre. There weren't many people around, but Invercargill is still pretty cold at this time of year.

Great place with a cinema and supermarket near by; within walking distance to the museum. We ended up staying here again when we came back through Invercargill! Only issue was that someone had smeared bogies all over one of the walls of our room, and when I told reception they looked at me a bit blankly and said they'd mention it to the cleaner. Apart from that, a great place to stay - and thankfully our room was booger-free the second time around.

View all Invercargill Hostels