Tuatara Lodge Reviews

30 - 32 Dee Street, P.O. Box 960, Invercargill, New Zealand

I met 3 staff at here. Two of them is very kind and nice but the other one is so unkind. I don't know her name but I feel really displeased because of her.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Tuatara, the staff were lovely and welcoming, it was located right in the middle of town, the ambience was fantastic in the place, and I loved the cafe on the bottom level. I would certainly go back and stay in the future.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel, central location. Only stayed one night, convenient for a short stay. Old decor, reminded me of my old school!

there were hardly any people when I was there so I attempted to entertain myself by watching a film. there were 2 tv lounges. lots of VHS and DVD boxes - the VHS player upstairs didn't work (I couldn't get anything to show up on the tv at all) the tv lounge downstairs was big and cold and some if the lights didn't work. there was only a DVD player downstairs, the only DVDs were upstairs. when I eventually found a DVD that was worth watching I managed to have a pleasantish evening.

A friendly comfortable place to stay. Very good laundry facility but no breakfast. A variety of pastries and coffee can be purchased from the bar/cafe on the ground floor. My concern was about the fire procedures. I did not see any fire buckets, extinguishers or maps of the escape routes. The written instructions in the room referred to exits and assembly places but as a newcomer I had no idea where they were.

• 6th Mar 2014

Great staff, great location. I had a great time there and really great staff, friendly, helpful, amazing :)

Good if you're in one of the rooms that actually has windows...! Otherwise nice lounge and café

Nice hostel in the middle of the town. The only thing that confused me was that the bunk beds are quite low considering the high ceilings-there would be room for some more height. It was more of a problem that Invercargill seemed like a ghost town the one night I was there.

Had an ace time in Tuatara, would def recommend to anyone going to Invercargill.

View all Invercargill Hostels