Fabulous 62 Total Reviews
Fabulous 62 Total Reviews
Tucan Hotel Located at Frente Al Bais Uvita, Cortes, Uvita.
Costa Rica
Uvita Uvita, Costa Ri Frente Al Bais Uvita, Cortes
86% 62
9.1726016 -83.7388229
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2016

Loved the location close to an amazing panderia and grocery store ! Staff even found taxis for me !

• Germany, Female, 18-24
6th Feb 2016

So far the Tucan Hostel in Uvita was the best hostel we stayed in in Costa Rica. We had a really good time, and especially were impressed with the great Restaurant they have. The Food was delicios!

• England, Couple, 18-24
28th Jan 2016

Excellent hostel with lots of hammocks and places to relax and provides a very chilled out, friendly atmosphere. There is both a restaurant and separate kitchen for when you want to cook yourself. The staff are very helpful and welcoming and they provide a free shuttle to the national park. One of the rooms we stayed in whilst there had not very comfy beds but this is our only complaint, as the rest of our time at the hostel was great - would definitely recommend!

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
13th Jan 2016
2.6

Don't go to the Tucan Hostel!! The owners of the hostel are very unkind and not willing to help you out. I travel a lot but I've never met such client-unfriendly people. The hostel itself is located very far away from the beach and they say they have a bus dropping you off at the beach but that only happens ones a day, sometimes only in late afternoon so it

Hi Kirstin, you booked a dorm for Jan 13th -15th, you cancelled on the 12th. We, as per our cancellation policy, charged your card. You changed your mind, wrote us you would arrive on the 15th till 17th. We wrote you: To help you, since you are coming for 2 extra nights, in case we will sell your dorm bed for the 13th and/or 14th we will not charge you the 16th and/or 17th. We will inform you about this once you'll be here and we wrote you: Kirsten, the cancellation policy covers a Hotel because, to keep your space the hotel says no to other clients that want your room, dorm or whatever you reserve. Now, with a short notice most of the time, it is hard to sell the room, dorm etc. therefore the hotels apply the policy because, like it is for us now, we refused reservations for dorms and we ended up having 1 dorm available...that is why we charged you card for that empty dorm. When finally on the 17th you showed up, because you changed your mind again, I wasn't there, I told you on the phone, I don't like to talk about this on the phone, please pay tonight and tomorrow I will check if I can refund you one night if I sold your bed. You said ok, and changed your mind again and left the day after. What a pity, we actually would have gave you cash to refund you for the one night (out of 3) that we ended up selling....we called the other hostel where you were and never got to talk to you. We wish you great travelling, and hope to host you in the future. Best Regards Betta

• France, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Jan 2016

Amazing place!! The staff was really friendly and helpful, they advised us on the free activities that we could do around the hostel and helped us book a whales watching tour! The bedroom, the bathrooms and the kitchen were really clean all the time. Great atmosphere, nice hammocks, nice restaurant, beautiful decoration... Perfect!!

4th Jan 2016
6.9

Accommodations where acceptable for the price. The staff was generally very friendly and helpful. I really liked the lay out of the place, hammocks, decent kitchen. There aren't lockers, but will hold anything super valuable for you behind the desk. It is a little far from the beach, but an acceptable distance from waterfalls, and they do at least have a shuttle to the beach (though no return shuttle). I was upset to find out they only have one bicycle left to borrow.

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2016
7.4

It was pretty quiet when I stayed here, so maybe it gets better in busy periods. I didn't find the staff overly friendly, they were happy just chilling most of the time. Be aware that the hostel is far from the beach! It's spacious and there's room to relax, but I would probably stay somewhere else if I were to go to Uvita again.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
14th Dec 2015

I would highly recommend staying at Tucan Hotel! It is a wonderful place, open and lovely decorated and the staff is super friendly! They offer a lot, you can lend a bike there for free and explore the area, enjoy the peace in a hammock or use their free shuttel to get to the beautiful beach. I enjoyed my stay there so much!