Tucano House Backpackers B&B Reviews

Rua das Araras,229, Lagoa da Conceicao, Florianopolis, Brazil

We were placed in a room with an extremely unhygienic man (well known to staff as they had been asking him to use shower facilities). It was horrible and we were moved although our clothes smelled like urine after a day in the same room. The kitchen is not a kitchen, there is one pot, they obviously wish you'd buy dinner. The staff much make commission on tours as one member told us our plan for the day was stupid as we chose not to do his activity. Bathrooms also very poor cleanliness.

One of the best hostel I ever stayed. I definitely recommend the place. Thanks to the staff, you guys rock it! and the food was insane! Congrats to the chef

• 30th Jan 2016

The hostel is amazing. Very friendly staff and nice common area. They have a schedule with many activities for the day and night. The location is also good, very easy to go party (the best places are very close, you can go by foot). I only complain about the fact that my room was without the overhead light (they have provided a light fixture, which falls short) and the fact you can use the air conditioning only from 11 p.m to 11 a.m. Anyway I strongly recommend.

I traveled for two weeks around Brasil for the first time, and Florianopolis was definitely the best city in the trip, by far... but 80% was thanks to the Tucano House Hostel and his staff, they put the greatest atmosphere you can ask when you are traveling in a unknown city, they are well organized to offer you daylight activities and by night the best parties in the city, they also propose delicious diners home made in the hostel, they help you with everything, thank you TUCANO HOUSE, U RULE!

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Bolivia

Epic hostel! The staff all speak great English and go above and beyond to help you out. The location and set up is awesome, the staff provide tours and give guidance on what to do everyday and night. We absolutely loved our stay and highly recommend this hostel.

Nice hostel close to the center of town. Great to have activities organized and dinners at the hostel - great for socializing. Rooms don't have enough lockers or space for everyone's belongings in the dorm rooms. There was often a queue for the showers too. Kitchen was not equipped with basics such as bowls. A good hostel but certainly not worth the amazing rating it has!

Great location, good food, really nice staff!! Probably the best in town... ;)

• 3rd Jan 2016

I really liked to stay at this holstel. The place and people are great! I would go back to there many times!

• 26th Dec 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great shared dinners put on every night with different international cuisines. Fun atmosphere.

Great hostel with amazing staff. Nice area of Florionopolis and very close to many beaches. Nice chill atmosphere and the staff always has some parties planned.

Booked to stay here for 2 nights and ended up staying 6 nights! Great hostel with a great atmosphere! Really friendly staff and the chef who cooks in the evenings cooked delious food! The hostel was extremely clean and in a great location. I would highly recommend this hostel!

Incredibly good hostel - great location, amazing food, very easy to meet people, lovely hammocks, super friendly staff...deserves all the plaudits it regularly gets. One of my favourites around the world.

View all Florianopolis Hostels