Tuncay Pension Reviews

Isabey Mah. 2015 Sok. No 1, Selcuk, Turkey

We loved this place wish we had more time here, the people and staff were all very chilled out and happy to help with any questions we had. Very good vibes here.

• 15th Aug 2014

I just stayed one night at the Tuncay hostel but I really enjoyed it. Breakfast was really nice (fruits, omelette, bread, spreads..) I made a mistake with my booking but the staff still helped me. The hostel itself was really nice and clean!

Good location, near St Jean Church, the bus station and the storks nesting in the ruins & the minarets of the mosque.

The manager picked us up from the near bus station. The house is very well located. The courtyasrd and the terrace are fantastic. Amazing breakfast.

I don´t know whether it is the Pension´s or the hostelworld.com problem, but the online booking wasn´t very clear so that there was a confusion with the dorm and the single room with bathroom booking. The online booking showed the single room, but the price was for the dorm, which wasn´t indicated. I hope for some improvevement of that.

• 19th Aug 2013

We had a great experience at Tuncay Pension; safe clean, great breakfast and the staff is nice.

Dorm is a large room ( 8x5 m )at the first floor, like a loggia, with large windows, probably cold in winter and hot in summer. There are 11 beds and a little passerway in the middle. 2 toilets and 1 shower are in the ground floor. Unsafe,without lockers, key at the door and with easily access from the road. A good, turkish breakfast is served 8-10. The other rooms are a better and more expensive accomodation.

Liked it- nice people and pretty little patio area... but there are some things that could be better. The shared dorm room doesn't have the privacy needed in order to change clothes, and there's no AC (it gets hot up there). I was all alone in the shared dorm room but I imagine if it were full it would be inconvenient to wait for the bathroom downstairs. To get to this pension you have to walk through areas where men just hang out, which is only down and across the street from the trendier area.

I thınk ıt must be very dıfferent ın summer. On the plus sıde ıt was ın a good area-very close to shops and sıghts. On the negatıve sıde, ıt could be cleaner, our blankets were fılthy - we actually found an old sweet wrapper wedged between the layers on the bed and ıt looked as though they were the dogs blankets. We also had ıssues gettıng the owner out of bed ın the mornıngs and there were contıual problems wıth the hot water and electrıcıty. I thınk ıts a bıt expensıve for what yo

We were met at the bus station and taken to the pension. It was a short walk. The room was clean and nicely decorated. There was air conditioning. It had a modern ensuite bathroom. Breakfast was served in a shady courtyard. We were given a free ride to Ephesus but had to wait at a carpet sellers shop for the van. There was no pressure to purchase. We can highly recommend this accomodation when visiting Selcuk. The staff were really helpful and friendly.

I have been doing a lot of travelling, and this is one of the best places I've been! The staff went above and beyond to arrange anything we wanted to do and were always friendly and ready to lend a hand. The rooms are clean and simple and very homy. An excellent breakfast! This is a great place for families or anyone who wants to relax and enjoy the beauty of Turkey or have a drink and make new friends! The location is great being only about a 2 minute walk from the main area of town.

The food served in this Hostel is delicious.The Turkish breakfest is monumental. Enjoy your stay.

Good place to stay. Great breakfast and staff were helpful.

Really friendly staff who really go out of there way to help you. Also do great dinners and have a lovely coutyard to sit in and chill.

Great place to stay .The owners are sensational friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend this location in this warm and welcoming town of Selçuk.

I recommand this place. Very good service!!!!

Fun place, guests are friendly with each other, as well as staff. Lots of French guests while I was there which I enjoyed. Only problem was that I booked single room with A/C on hostelworld and wound up sharing a room with a fan the first night. All good after that. Bathrooms very clean.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful and we felt very welcome. All the staff spoke English, some very fluently. We appreciated very much being collected by minibus from Selcuk railway station when we rang up on arrival from the nearby post office. The evening meal we had there was very good. The location is very convenient for both the railway and bus stations and for the town centre. It was only about 3 km walk to the lower entrance to Ephesus. Would recommend Tuncay Pension very highly.

View all Selcuk Bed and Breakfasts