Twentytu Hi-Tech Hostel Reviews

Pamplona 114-116, Barcelona, Spain

We were quite excited about staying in a sustainable hostel, however the execution was disappointing. It had a cold atmosphere, more like a hospital, and the "17 second" shower was annoying and I think you spend more time turning on the shower than actually showering. Not a great vibe, listening to people vomiting and arguing during the night. The hostel is a great location to the metro and the beach and just out of the main tourist area.

Pretty decent hostel

Thanks for you name! We hope to see you again at Twentytú!

It's unfortunate, but I did not enjoy this "hostel" at all. Aside from being roomed with three girls who were all traveling together, it seemed like a place for families to stay together. The terrace and lockers a nice, but location is blah. It isn't right ON the beach. It's about a 15/20 min walk. I wouldn't stay here again. Hard to meet anyone.

Thanks for your comment! We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. We have now a public relations who is going to work on creating a better atmosphere. We hope that you come again and see the difference.

Tuve una estadía placentera. El hostal está cerca de la estación de buses del norte, tiene el metro cerca y una vista muy bonita desde la terraza. Es muy limpio y el desayuno es muy completo. Es un gran ejemplo de optimización de espacio y recursos. Lo mejor del hostal es el staff. Recomendable!

Hola Mayu! Muchas gracias por tu comentario, estamos encantados de que te gustara todo tanto y esperamos verte muy pronto por aquí otra vez!

Although walkable, the hostel is quite far from the center. The beach is a bit closer and its really close to the main busstation: about 10min walk. The large lockers that you can lock with your swipecard are really handy.

Thanks for your comment! You are right, our lockers system is very original and safe! Hope to see you again at Twentytú!

They are in a non-residential location with two great common spaces in the rooftop terrace and the basement, yet they close both of those spaces at midnight, unbelievable! they have a long way to go to create atmosphere.

Thanks for your comment! We do have good common areas as you say and we started working on the atmosphere, we've hired new activities and a public relations who will be working on that! We hope to see you again and show you the new vibe of the hostel!

If you want a really calm hostel this is the right one, there is a lot of families and couples. There is no activities in the hostel and you can get a better one for the price. The facilities are normal, clean. I had a problem with my roomates, but that was bad luck. The location is a bit weird too. Breakfeast was normal.

Thanks for your comment! We are now offering more events and we've hired a public relations to create more atmosphere in the hostel. We hope next time you come you get a better impression of the hostel!

I realise now that twenty tu is a cheap hotel and not a hostel, It didn't have any of the atmosphere that most other hostels have. The staff were robots and had no character. There was only one event provided by the hostel during my stay and that was just a DJ on the terrace, Saying that the rooms were clean, the breakfast was good and the building was air conditioned.

Thanks for your comment! We are sorry that you didn't feel like being at a hostel! We are lately organizing more events and we've hired a girl to work on the sociable side of the hostel, also we've created an information point. So if you come again hopefully you will notice the improvements. Thanks for giving your opinion.

Other than the location (a bit out of the way, but still close to the beach and subway) this was one of the cleanest and well equipped hostels I've been to. Very hard to meet people because of its size, but definitely worth it!

The hostel is ok but a few problems: Firstly, they did not provide me the option to pay in Euros over Australian $$ so I ended up paying more that I had too. The curfews were stupid: locked out of common room at midnight. What if I'm not tired, need to eat or chill somewhere? The breakfast staff were rude and looked like he despised his job. Not exactly fun

Good location for looking to go to the beach but not good for sight-seeing; was very quiet neighborhood and under construction. Atmosphere was good; felt like a hotel except in bunks. The facilities were clean but it was a hindrance having to go to a separate room to wash hands (toilets separate from sink/shower). The staff was superior! Shoutout to Adrien for going above and beyond to help us during our stay! And a free breakfast to top it off!

Thank you so much for your comment! Good that you liked the facilities and our friendly staff!

expensive bike rentals. not allowed to drink/eat in rooms. did not like the rooms. very small - I felt very uncomfortable going to the bathroom with people in their bunks. Very clean, friendly staff. not the best neighborhood, but not the worst. had lockers, but bring your own lock. fair-long walk to beach.

Very clean and quiet hostel. En-suite has separate shower and loo. the Fair quality of their breakfast for the accommodation price. 15 min walk to the beach, 5 min to the tram and underground. It is a very big hostel, but you can hardly find people to hangout with (apparently the hostel didn't organize any event when I was there).

Great service! Although they were fully booked and I had no place to stay for two nights because of the football match and Primavera Sound, they still went beyond to help me and put me first in line for a room if it came up. I'm so grateful that I didn't had to sleep on the beach. So helpful.

• 27th May 2015
  • Norway

Thanks for your comment Nio! It was a pleasure to host you, next time you already know where we are!

Twentytu Hostel is a very clean, comfortable, and accommodating hostel. I appreciate their hot showers, clean bunkbeds, large and secure lockers, accommodating reception, and delicous breakfast. Great value for a wonderful hostel! Just 5 minutes from the metro and 15 minutes walking distance from the beach. Only negative is the wifi signal is weak from the dormitories, but overall I had a great experience.

Thanks for your comment! As you say we are really close to the beach and to many metro stops!

It is great that the rooms only have four beds (with lockers) and a separate shower and WC. The building is newly built and is in a good condition. The rooftop terrace is a nice feature too. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only negative was that the duvet cover was just a second bedsheet, so you couldn't cover the duvet with it....

Thanks for your comment! We hope to see you again in Twentytú!

Breakfast could be better

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review. We offer continental breakfast, which is included on the price. There is fruit, cereal, coffee, milk, tea, bread, toasts, butter, jam biscuits and also gluten free products. Anyway we take your comment into account to improve every day. Best regards and see you soon. Twentytu Satff

Overall, my stay at this hostel was ok. The staff are great, super helpful and friendly. The location and facilities are a little lackluster though. It's a trek to get to the main attractions and not a nice neighborhood. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and modern. There is a big common area downstairs, where I had some breakfast which wasn't great but there was a variety. There are also lots of computers and the wifi was pretty good.

By far the best hostel i stayed in spain.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review. Hope to see you soon. Best regards from Twentytu Hostel.