Two Ducks Hostel Reviews

Via calatafimi N. 41, Rome, Italy

I paid for a bed in a central location, and that was ok. in the apartment were 2 bedrooms, a kitchen were you can cook and a bathroom. All very basic.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Uruguay

It is a horrible place. I arrived in Roma late and no one at aeroporto knows where was it. I got a taxi and it was hard to find as it is situated in a scared and not safe area without any sign at door. I did my reservation in a female female room and the people in the reception after get my payment want to put me to sleep in a full males bedroom. I did not acepted it and they were very rude. They can not speak a properly English so it was a bad experience. I could not sleep all night.

The bathrooms give off a disgusting smell and I tried to stay away from them as much as possible. The shower is tiny & I barely fit, same for the bathroom. My room had no lock & there was no luggage storage. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and helpful

Average accommodation, great location! Two ducks hostel is close to Rome Termini so you can walk to get it if you go to that beautiful by train. They are also close to food and touristic shops, but the area is not so nice if you are gonna go back to the hostel at night. Is a bit expensive for what they really offer and the services, small bathrooms, showers and rooms, no breakfast but helpful staff. You'll be fine but you need to know that you shouldn't expect so much from this place.

Definitely one place not to return...

• 13th Jun 2015

Friendly staff

• 13th Jun 2015

There was no personal to clean the rooms nor the bathroom. It was disgusting. The beds were all in very bad shape, the mattresses had a bump on them and it was too warm all the time because the window was too small and there was no air conditioning or fan of any kind. I would not recommend it at all.

-lack of any hot water! -one bathroom between the entire hostel -no lockers or space to store luggage safely -no signage made it hard to find -dirty bed -no air conditioning -sparse (one knife) kitchen utensils -nice location not too far from town

• 6th Jun 2015

We booked the six bed dorm. On arrival we were guided to our room in another building. There was an apartment turned into a hostel, so only one bathroom for 14 beds, which meant some waiting time. No room key, no lockers! Something was wrong with the toilet, it was very smelly even after cleaning. Last two days of our stay there was no hot water and we could not reach the front desk staff in the morning. Staff was friendly and helpful though. Location is right next to Termini, very good.

case #1: I saw this with my own eyes. there were 2 spanish guys who were trying to find a room at the reception. the receptionist pretended NOT understanding english and spanish, and that he only understood italian. BUT the truth is that the same receptionist was speaking english to me before they came in. probably the dickiest receptionist to run a business, especially this is a hostel. case #2: dirty bathroom. really smell. case #3: dirty kitchen without decent forks. case #4: fine wifi

Really not the best hostel. It's pretty dirty, and there is only one bathroom between 3 dorm rooms on the first floor. The kitchen is sucks, and the prices vary day to day. But the locations good, and it's about the cheapest available for Rome.

ONE OF THE WORST..The hostel has no sigh and it is not easy to find the location. The bathrooms and the toilets are very dirty and naiseous. İ preferred not having shower in the second day. The room was not clean when we arrive there. Especially, the bed sheets and blanket are disgusting and we did not want to use them. One of the beds is collapsed and lower than the other one but it should have been a double bed.The room has no lock for balcony, we had to put a bed to close the door, not secure

Staff rude and unhelpful. Checking time is falsely advertised as 2pm when staff said 2.30pm. The kitchen is 5 floors below with no knobs on the gas cooker and very dangerous. You require an extra key for the kitchen which staff do not offer u unless you demand it. No free maps, no tea a coffee making facilities. No leg room in toiletry cubicle to close door when inside.Directions are awful on website and there is just a door buzzer label for the hostel which appears to be an illegal venture. NO!

• 1st Jun 2015

You get what you pay for. The dirtiest hostel I have been in, an inch of dust below the beds. Staff don't be speak english and are very creepy. Would not want to be a girl travelling alone.

The beds were clean and relatively comfortable. The bathroom could have been more clean. The shower curtain had mold at the bottom of it. This hostel is an okay place to sleep and that's about it. You get what you pay for.

Value for money was decent. Good location. Helpful staff, when they were there.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Switzerland

Dirt dirty dirty. Not filthy though. But just needs some work. The kitchen may not be on your floor and doesn't work. Internet only works on first floor. Ran out of toilet paper often. Kitchen didn't work. There are seriously Better places I guarantee

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL this hostel is the worst hostel we have ever been to. they even stole the 40 euro deposit we paid Security* the security is very poor, they have a cabinet, no safe Location* the location is average, its a 10 minutes walk from termini. but the neighbourhood is really bad Staff* the staff talks very bad english, and they wont help you with anything more than check inn or out cleanliness* the cleanliness is very bad, you only get a dirty blanket,

• 18th May 2015
  • Norway

I got exactly what I paired for: a clean room with clean sheets and a woking toilet. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect breakfast, character, a nice decoration or even towels. It is fine and the staff is very kind!

There was a great staff, very cool people around there :) U get what u pay, it is not very big, but familiar.

• 12th May 2015