Two Ducks Hostel Reviews

Via calatafimi N. 41, Rome, Italy

It was pretty good experience. Rooms and kitchen were cleaned every day. You can cook your meal easily. Hostel is really close to Termini and metro station. Also you can walk colleseo about 20 minutes. Hostel staff was polite and goodhumored. There was a little problems but it was not important for to say. Thank you all of them.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Turkey

Disgusting!!! This word express ecxactly how this Hostel looks like. Bed smell, old building, the room is separate of the reception and also completely dirty. When I arrived there there was a dead rat in front of that. I couldn't stay there so immediately when I got there extremely tired I had to cancel my booking and looking for another place. It was a terrible experience at all!

This is the worst hostel I have ever been to!!!! Bad smell, no hot water....

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

This hostel was okay. Staff member who checked us in was great and welcoming. But staff member who was staying in the apartment complex with us was cranky and not nice. Room and bathroom okay but fairly dirty. What helped was some of the great people we met staying with us.

NOT RELIABLE. I've sent them an email a few days before arrival saying that I will arrive late (Around 1 a.m.). I got no reply and I assumed it was OK with them. However, when I've arrived there was no one to open the door. I've tried calling them, but no reply. I had to find another place to sleep at 1.30 a.m. in the Termini area (not the most pleasant part of Rome). Quite a bad experience. Apart from that the hostel is quite clean and pleasant. I would give them a high note.

First of all there isnt indications of the hostel, you have to find the name in the bell. Staff is not rude but they dont welcome you and doesnt say anything, they are watching tv as you check inn. Rooms where big, but bathroom didnt have a toilet , its the first bathroom i visit without a toilet, just had a shower ( that didnt work ) and place for washing your hands, so all in the room had to go one bathroom outside the room. One night i woke up and someone from staff was watching our room.

My friend recommended me to stay there, the room is fine, the shower without locker, the stuffed is good. I my roommate is really friendly. Anyway, the price is very cheap.

Is good if you are just looking a place to sleep, the rooms are really good, but is impossible to use the kitchen, is too dirty, you need to leave the room at 10:30 and back ate 14.

Geras kainos ir kokybes santykis. Jaukus kambarys, nediduke virtuvele, viskas patogu. Nebuvo tik puoduku, gyveno gretimame kambaryje viresni vyrai. Virtuvele parasyta jog naudotis galima tik po pietu, be to viduryje dienos privaloma palikti patalpa del to, jog hostelis yra tvarkomas, o patalpos valomos. Kambarys buvo kitame pastate nei yra registratura. Beje, nuostabus, senoviskas liftas yra registraturos patalpose. Siek tiek nepatogu, jog mazas holas, kuriame galima butu pavalgyti.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Lithuania

It was a very nice stay, the place is safe and confortable, big rooms, good showers, and the two boys that manage the place are very friendly and nice. I have no complains about, I would come back definitly !! Thanks

Good place to stay, fare cost x beneficies, space rooms, very nice.

Really los ugly, during the morning there is nobody at reception so the bell is ringing all day and nobody is answering. To do the check out you just have to leave the key in the bed. Is not a "legal" hostel. There is not even linen to cover yourself, just an used blanket. The only good thing is that is near Termini. Ahhh is forbiden to stay at "hostel" between 10 to 2,30pm, there is even signs to remember you that, is to do the cleaning... Something i doubt... Carolina

As we didn't like of our first stay, we found another place to stay. Unfortunately that is not a place that I would recommend or even would like to book again.

The hostel is not far from the main train station, but when I made the reservation, it wasn't described in the website that they wouldn't put us in another building, different from the Two Ducks hostel, so we had to walk along the streets during the night to find our place with a staff guy. We didn't like the new location and even the building that was very dirty and smelling. We don't recommend this place to anyone.

would stay again if we're to visit Rome, though it's not a place to meet people really, it's cheap, and being close to the bus/train station was a perk. but I can't say that I would recommend you stay, unless you're just looking for a cheap place to stay.

This place is a good deal with you want just a place to sleep on a budget. It's a cheap place but the reception is in one place the dorm rooms are in another building - in the 3rd floor without elevators, cleaning lacking, there aren't any facilities, the guy that made our check-in was ok but the guy that take us to the other building wasn't so friendly. It's close to Termini station, so the location is nice for who is going to take a train there.

This place if perfect if you are looking for localisation and only a place to sleep few hours. The beds are okay, bathroom aren't that dirty but the floor is greasy. There aren't any lockers so you leave everything on your bed when you leave. You have limited hours in the hostel (for cleaning it seems) and limited time in the kitchen, actually you can't access the kitchen before around noon. Overall, below than okay but you get what you pay for in a city like Rome. Okay for once, not for two.

• 5th Sep 2015

I don't recommend

Very good experience, arrived late and second day left my lugagge for a few hours there, all secure, nice friendly stuff, close to Termini, cheap and clean bed covers. Booked a 6 bed room but got a very nice 2 pers room. Totally happy!

• 25th Aug 2015