Two Ducks Hostel Reviews

Via calatafimi N. 41, Rome, Italy

I was there only for one night, its really hard to find the place and for sure this is one apartment that the guys made a hostel. I arrived at 1 am, late night, and the guy opened the door for me with the question 'do you know what time is it?' And than i said to him to change what is on hostelworld about 'reception 24h'. The place is cheap but think twice if its worth.

I stayed here two nights while visiting Rome. The first night was great, because there was no one else, so they said I could have a room to myself during my stay. The second night, I was woken up at midnite by staff installing 3 roommates in my room. Unfortunate because the two rooms next to me we're empty. Besides this it's a decent hostel, very cheap, but you get what you pay for. Flimsy doors, moldy shower, uncomfortable beds. But cheap.

• 9th Nov 2014

I had an expensive shirt taken during my stay, this made it an expensive trip, the other people staying there were of all nationalities and were there for many reasons other than tourism, it was easy for someone to take something away believeing that it had been left behind by a previous guest.

• 1st Nov 2014

First of all its a nightmare to find this hostel as it has no signboards. It's on the 5th floor of an apartment. The apartment smells weird, the toilets are smal and smelly . I was given a bed in the morning and when I returned in the evening the bed was given to someone else. When I complained the guy asked me to take money and leave at 11.30 pm. The bed makes noises, nails all around. I checked out the next day though I had booking for 3days, I requested for refund but was turned down.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • India

Mr.Prakash Mohanty What ever happened with you we are taking full responsiblity.We are really sorry for you and would like to tell you if you ever come to Rome again please give us an opportunity to serve you.We are promising we will do everything to make your stay comfortable.May GOD bless you. With respect from TWO DUCKS HOSTEL

The guy at reception is friendly but not helpful. The shower is so tiny that you barely fit standing. There is no do to the bathroom and the door of the shower is horrible. The beds are old and make a lot of noises, if you blink the bed makes noise. Things are really old or broke. The kitchen is poor equipped ( one fork two pans). There is no locker and where the luggage is left is open, in the end of the hall. Do yourself a favour and pay 5euros more to stay at another hostel.

Don't stay here! The price is very low, so I didn't expect to find anything great, but the place is a dump. It's a residential building where the owners seem to have a few apartments turned into a hostel. Members of staff are unprepared, they don't give you any information about the city and some barely speak English. But the worst for me was how disgusting the place is: toilet is filthy (yes, singular, only ONE on my floor), I saw a member of staff smoking inside and there are BEDBUGS!

Where to start. ... They never gave me a key, so the room was always open. Anyone could come in and out, which made me feel really unsafe weeks when leaving my stuff. The doorman has to open the door, but he is there whenever he feels like it, so after 12 you never know if you're going to be able to get in. The bathroom stinks. I stayed 4 nights and I don't think they ever cleaned it. If you need anything from the staff, they'll answer with a rude "so what do you want, huh?"

• 21st Oct 2014

The building lacked lockers, but there was n available shower and kitchen. If you don't need, or can get away with not using a locker, this hostel was well worth the low price tag.

The hostel is very nice and clean. The kitchen and bathroom was also great! The only thing, which i did't like it the nose from the street.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

Good location. If you go out, you can't come back after midnight or the hostel will be closed (one of my friends ended up locked out for the whole night when he came back at 1 AM). Also you have to be out of the hostel between 10 AM and 2:30 PM. If I had known about it I wouldn't have booked there... The showers are ok but there is no space to put your clothes and towels so they get soaking wet.

Very bad experience. So dirty and staff dishonest.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Vietnam

the staffs very unkind , and i can't understand how this hostel still can operate. i want to tell that money never lie ! if the price is low, it must have some reason. actually i can stand anything except staffs but they are very unkind. if you have to stay just one day, it'ok but not more.

Plus sides: Friendly staff and friendly guests. Its clean enough. Location is ok. Its cheap. Could be better: -No indoor common area -No 24hr reception, so when I came home at 5 AM I had to knock and scream until one of the other guests woke up and opened the door. Not so nice. -Sometimes instead of closing the door at night it remained open, so I didn't have to scream to wake up the other guests but all Rome could have walked in to take my suitcase. Also not so nice:-(

Not sure if we can even review 'Two Ducks' because they took us to another separate building without even explaining what was happening. In this building there was no wifi, one bathroom and shower for all the rooms, some of which seemed privately occupied by strange old men, and the most under-equipped 'kitchen' you will find. We would not reccommend staying here if you are a solo traveller (particularly female) or if you want to cook your own meals.

The location was definitely not what expected. Don't look for a sign, look for a small thumb size name next to the buzzer on the door, located at the end of the right hand side of the street. It was a great location five min. From the train and bus station and fairly close to everything you want to see. Had a private kitchen on the floor, internet , clean facilities, one bathroom but more two floors up in the main office and 2 plugs to a room.

Nothing crazy here. Great location for a low price = trade offs. The place is 5th floor of an apartment block, and it's cramped. The stove is about 30cm from reception, and the available cooking tools are below average. One 20cm diameter x 10cm height pot was the biggest, and there were no mugs at all for tea/coffee. No common room, so you'll keep people awake if you don't want to sleep yet, and the people at reception are pretty well occupying the only common couch anyway. Location is fine tho.

The location is great, two metro stops to Colosseum and close to Termini The place is clean, but there was no wifi, doors to the room dont have lockers

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

Хорошее расположение. Цена завышена для этого уровня. С др стороны есть отель за чуть дороже, но намного лучше.

Close to Termini station which is good but a little bit hard to find this hostel. But overall, this reasonable price is good for the travellers.

Staff was helpful, its newly renovated and the internet connection was very good. Its also very clean.

• 7th Sep 2014