Two Ducks Hostel Reviews

Via calatafimi N. 41, Rome, Italy

Close to Termini station which is good but a little bit hard to find this hostel. But overall, this reasonable price is good for the travellers.

Staff was helpful, its newly renovated and the internet connection was very good. Its also very clean.

• 7th Sep 2014

A good place to stay, nice staff and very clean rooms, but the internet conexion is very poor inside the room, although you can use it downstairs.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

It's a small hostel, it's hard to find them and the neighborhood doesn't seems to be very trustable, to move during the day it's ok! Very kind the people who works there!

It's a terrible dump. I've never seen such a terrible place before and I stayed at hostels at different countries a lot, but something like this-never. They DO NOT HAVE duvet cover and I was supposed to cover myself with the blanket that thousand people used before me without any cover, how is that possible? It's neither pleasant nor comfortable to stay at a place that's so filthy :( EVEN FOR ONE NIGHT! And the price is just some 10 euros lower than in a decent 3-star hotel!!!

If you just want a bed to lay your head in then its ok, but other than that i would not ever go back to this hostel.

Very polite and friendly staff, ready to help... :)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Serbia

Firstly the main issue is how hard 2 ducks is the find. Guys you really need a sign outside to make it clear were you are, and also need to provide more cutlery and plates. Otherwise it's a great set up, we made loads of friends there and are happy we went. Showers were great, and beds clean. For those staying there the little shop with the glasses and magnets outside is brilliant for cheap food and good service.

The staff are extremely rude and speak very little English. First impressions were awful as we arrived into the tiny flat they call a hostel. There are no lockers, no aircon (which was unbearable) and awful kitchen facilities. There was about 2 plates in the whole hostel. There is one bathroom for the whole flat. Even if you are on a budget, don't stay here!

Worst hostel EVER. And trust me: I travelled the whole world. It was a DUMP.

The hostel was near to the termini station, so that was good. But it was very small and there wasnt really a common room and there was no AC. But there were ventilators in every room and the rooms looked clean. The showers were okay but small and the toilets either. But I think if you dont have much money to spend it is a fine place to stay. You can walk most of rome from there and it is not that bad if you dont care for luxery.

worst location and staff ever!! we couldn't event find the place on that road just a little flat with around not recommended people. I am a 19years girl and i was traveling with another girl of my age, once we get there we didn't fell safe so when a man of the staff appeared I cancelled our book. At least this man didn't have any problems with that. In the end we had to find another accommodation.

• 2nd Aug 2014

The reception/kitchen/waiting room is too small and unequiped to satisfy the costumers needs. There are only two showers for the entire hostel maybe it isn't enough... The beds are too old and they shake a lot, it's like riding the rolercoaster. The rooms are really hot and the air conditio is only for room decoration. The only good thing is the location (5 min from termini).

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Relation quality/ price not aceptable. 2 Persons of 3 in the staff with bad mood and not kind to give basic información to arrive somewhere.

Very secure with a brilliant location, located right near Rome Termini which makes it easy to get around the city, also walking distance from a few of the main sights! Also located near a supermarket and cash point as well as some reasonably priced pizzerias which is all the more convenient. There is a kitchen and only one bathroom and neither are particularly clean but they do the job.

This hostel doesn't deserve so much bad reviews. Room and bathroom were clean and everything was fine. It's a hostel for real backpackers who just need a clean bed to sleep in.

Pirate hostel, just this. We stay in another place, another building. Was not bad, but, we didn't wait this...

• 3rd Jul 2014

The location of the hostel is really good. There is a separate apartment that they may take you if the other rooms are full. Which is not bad but it is underground (but clean). There are no lockers in the rooms which is a down side. The upside of the other apartments which is underground is that there is not many people staying there although it is for 10 people (two room of 4 and 6). So it is quiet. To its price, it worths it.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Good price! About a 20min walk to the Pantheon. Super close to the station. A good fruit market every morning around the corner from the hostel! Kitchen was pretty decent with cooking stuff. Problem = only one toilet/ shower room for our floor (approx. 20 people!) This meant waiting ages for the loo in the morning. You were allowed to use the other floors showers also but that was a trip from 1st to 5th floor in your PJs!

The part of the city that Two Ducks is located is famous of hostels and hotels. However this area has some homeless and junky people. Rome is very safe and I was coming back to hostel in the night and it was ok, however I did not feel secure. I have seen more comfortable hostels for lower price. And at the beginning I was taken to some "room" in the basement, which was very moisture, there were bars on the windows and steel reinforced doors... I felt like in the movie "Saw IV".

• 24th Jun 2014