Two Oceans Backpackers Reviews

47 Long Street, Cape Town, South Africa

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were super friendly and always going out of their way to help us get our activities booked. Great place!

• 26th Aug 2014

Not much of an atmosphere, but for the price it was a good stay

• 26th Aug 2014

The doorms have are very dirty and the beds very squeaky. The mattresses have clearly been used and are not comfortable. I stayed for a week and only once the floor in the doorm was swipped. The bathrooms are ok with the exception of the showers. The walls are very filthy and the curtains look like they've never been washed. The kitchen is very messy. The common area is not at all like the pictures. Outside it's always noise. I would never go back.

• 21st Aug 2014

A really nice Place, i can definately recommend it. Safe ans charming and directly in the Centre. Grienend Staff will help you with all Questions.

• 21st May 2014

Pros: Walking distances to restaurants Cheap underground and secure parking available Cons: Atmosphere seemed a bit grim Very dirty Windows broken in room Plug in room for fan was very dangerous with wires exposed

Not a bad place to stay, could use a little renovation though.

Altogether it certainly was not bad but when I compare the hostel to other locations we have been in (also in capetown) some things come to mind: - try to clean up some details abit more, for example the wind blowers where very dirty. - try to avoid using TL light: it makes the place look dark and unwelcome - use more colours instead of just the blue. For the rest: thnx for everything! Very friendly employees and manager.

• 26th Mar 2014

Nice location, friendly staff and large common grounds just the 6 bed dorm was the tiniest room I ever slept in. Otherwise great experience

the male staff were really helpful and friendly but the woman working in the morning was not.

The place Is on Long Street which is Great, but the cleanliness very poor. They promise you fresh towels everyday, we never got those towels. The kitchen was very dirty and the bathrooms were even worse.. To be honest this place has great potential, only if they cleanliness issue.

• 23rd Sep 2012
  • South Africa

Tow oceans backpackers was a suburb Hostel for us to stay in, with helpful management and friendly staff and backpackers. As visitors in Cape Town for the first time I can highly recommend anyone to stay at two oceans. We found the hostle to be in a great location (Long Street) with easy access to bars, restaurants, cafes, Table Mountain, train station and bus station. Bellamy & Belise (United Kingdom)

• 7th Sep 2012

Not a great location and not the cleanest place.

• 24th Aug 2012
  • South Africa

I was extremely unhappy that when I showed up, no one was there to check me in. I called a number left on the door which ended up being to a cell phone. I could barely understand the person on the other side because of several screaming girls in the background, was personally insulted twice by the person I was talking to , and then was asked to wait for an hour on the street outside the hostel for someone to show up.

• 24th Aug 2012

Prefect! Only spoiled by the dirty showers, and the hobo that was breaking in.

• 10th Jul 2012
  • South Africa

In the heart of city, on the main street, 20 minutes walk from Waterfront, free tea and coffe, free internet.I booked 4 nights in luxurious room throught Hostelworld with a discount of 50 percent because of low season. Good room with satelite tv.The only problem was that I could watch tv only when in some other close hostel somebody was watching tv, and I could watch only channals which that person was watching!?Hostel staff told me that they had a problem with satelite antena because of storm.

• 24th Jun 2012
  • Croatia

Definitely a little lacking in character. I stayed there for four days and met some great people staying there, but there was only one staffer there the whole time and she never spoke. Great location, a little dirty but it is the cheapest spot on Long Street.

One of the cheapest deals in town, so it has certain downsides: - not really clean (more like 75% clean, so good enough if you don´t mind) - often you will find noone at reception (staff has certain working hours) - noisy because most rooms are facing the street (that´s the price for being at long street) If you want to go for a cheap stay in an ok hostel - go for this one! It even has an computer and free WIFI, a pool table and a balkony...I rate it low, but considering the price its´s ok.

We booked a special offer on hostelworld and upon arrival the manager immediately responded very aggressively and accused us of cheating on the price. He wouldn't let us explain anything and even insulted us. We left and are never coming back. I heard similar stories about this hostel and its arrogant, aggressive manager.

• 4th May 2012

I pais a deposit for a locker key, but was not advised as to how to get it back (still outstanding). Also, the afterhours numbers are not answered or sms's replied to. We had a break in and none of the given numbers were answered and no reply to sms received regardibnf key deposit

• 20th Apr 2012
  • South Africa

When you hand in a key you get your deposit back pretty simple, for normal people to understand.

Met a lot of people and made a lot of friends. I can recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5