Two Oceans Backpackers Reviews

47 Long Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Altogether it certainly was not bad but when I compare the hostel to other locations we have been in (also in capetown) some things come to mind: - try to clean up some details abit more, for example the wind blowers where very dirty. - try to avoid using TL light: it makes the place look dark and unwelcome - use more colours instead of just the blue. For the rest: thnx for everything! Very friendly employees and manager.

• 26th Mar 2014

Nice location, friendly staff and large common grounds just the 6 bed dorm was the tiniest room I ever slept in. Otherwise great experience

the male staff were really helpful and friendly but the woman working in the morning was not.

The place Is on Long Street which is Great, but the cleanliness very poor. They promise you fresh towels everyday, we never got those towels. The kitchen was very dirty and the bathrooms were even worse.. To be honest this place has great potential, only if they cleanliness issue.

• 23rd Sep 2012
  • South Africa

Tow oceans backpackers was a suburb Hostel for us to stay in, with helpful management and friendly staff and backpackers. As visitors in Cape Town for the first time I can highly recommend anyone to stay at two oceans. We found the hostle to be in a great location (Long Street) with easy access to bars, restaurants, cafes, Table Mountain, train station and bus station. Bellamy & Belise (United Kingdom)

• 7th Sep 2012

Not a great location and not the cleanest place.

• 24th Aug 2012
  • South Africa

I was extremely unhappy that when I showed up, no one was there to check me in. I called a number left on the door which ended up being to a cell phone. I could barely understand the person on the other side because of several screaming girls in the background, was personally insulted twice by the person I was talking to , and then was asked to wait for an hour on the street outside the hostel for someone to show up.

• 24th Aug 2012

Prefect! Only spoiled by the dirty showers, and the hobo that was breaking in.

• 10th Jul 2012
  • South Africa

In the heart of city, on the main street, 20 minutes walk from Waterfront, free tea and coffe, free internet.I booked 4 nights in luxurious room throught Hostelworld with a discount of 50 percent because of low season. Good room with satelite tv.The only problem was that I could watch tv only when in some other close hostel somebody was watching tv, and I could watch only channals which that person was watching!?Hostel staff told me that they had a problem with satelite antena because of storm.

• 24th Jun 2012
  • Croatia

Definitely a little lacking in character. I stayed there for four days and met some great people staying there, but there was only one staffer there the whole time and she never spoke. Great location, a little dirty but it is the cheapest spot on Long Street.

One of the cheapest deals in town, so it has certain downsides: - not really clean (more like 75% clean, so good enough if you don´t mind) - often you will find noone at reception (staff has certain working hours) - noisy because most rooms are facing the street (that´s the price for being at long street) If you want to go for a cheap stay in an ok hostel - go for this one! It even has an computer and free WIFI, a pool table and a balkony...I rate it low, but considering the price its´s ok.

We booked a special offer on hostelworld and upon arrival the manager immediately responded very aggressively and accused us of cheating on the price. He wouldn't let us explain anything and even insulted us. We left and are never coming back. I heard similar stories about this hostel and its arrogant, aggressive manager.

• 4th May 2012

I pais a deposit for a locker key, but was not advised as to how to get it back (still outstanding). Also, the afterhours numbers are not answered or sms's replied to. We had a break in and none of the given numbers were answered and no reply to sms received regardibnf key deposit

• 20th Apr 2012
  • South Africa

When you hand in a key you get your deposit back pretty simple, for normal people to understand.

Met a lot of people and made a lot of friends. I can recommend this hostel.

The location is great, but the staff was pretty much always gone! We couldn't even check in! The bathroom smelled pretty disgusting and there were insecst all over the place. The kitchen has all your heart wants, but it's not tidy!

1. Security: Someone got inside at night. Not Safe. People steal from the fridge. 2. Staff: Supposed to be there from 9am to 5pm. Supposed. You never see them when you need them. 3. Cleanliness: bathrooms are dirty, cockroaches in the kitchen and bedrooms. We stayed 2 weeks, didn't propose to change linen. 4. Facilities: no swimming pool, bar is always closed (or never opens^^). Conclusion : The price is cheap, but so is the service !

We did not experience any bad things, the kitchen seemed nice, their were warm water in the showers (also very early in the morning). The only downside we experienced was that they couldn't get their credit card machine to work. One of the mornings we woke up early and met a "privet detective" who apparently were on the hunt for a thief who has been operating in the area - nice to see that they are proactive. A pretty decent experience, you are just not capable of checking out earlier than 10am.

• 23rd Mar 2012
  • Denmark

Thanks. but our office hours are 9 to 5 and early checkouts are as easy as pie. There is nothing to it you just leave there is no paper work etc its a backpacker bye bye safe travels

Accommodated every need I had and was a great place to stay!

• 20th Mar 2012

The most horrible hostel, don't go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They claim they have both a swimming pool and a bar - which they don't have at all. It's so dirty we wouldn't even go to the toilet, and it was wet all over in the stairs and all. We never saw anyone who worked there, and the beds smelled. The room for six people was so small we couldn't move. Very, very unsatisfied! I've stayed in hostels all over the world, and this must be the worse. Stay far, far away!

• 10th Feb 2012