U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

They were perfect for my stay. I was only in transit from Madrid to Malaga. They are a few stops from Atoche RENFE where I caught the train to Malaga. They have a lot of young people that come in groups which gives the Hostel a nice ambience. I may return to the Hostel on my way back the USA. I´ll take the Metro to Airport from here. Also I might spend a couple of days in Madrid to see the Prado from here.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review and staying with us! We had the honour to host you and we are so thrilled to knowing you had a great experience here while staying in Madrid! We look forward to seeing you again here when you come back to Madrid and we would provide you with any help or recommendation needed! Hope to see you soon!

It is my second time at the hostel and I do recommend it.

Dear guest, Thank you a lot for your review and staying again with us while staying in Madrid! We really appreciate that and hope to see you again here for more times in the near future! Best regards!

The activities in the evening were great and the walking tour was good also the extra info she wrote on the maps was appreciated

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy you had a great experience hear and enjoyed all our services including our daily free activities, maps and recommendations! We look forward to seeing you again here in the near future!

V clean hotel and nice staffs!!! Good locations and easy to find! Nice shower with hot water! Just a bit cold and noise when sleep!! A nice hostel!!!

Dear guest, We are so happy you liked our hostel! We always do our best to serve our customers perfectly and be a great part of their memory in Madrid! If you felt cold when you were sleeping, you should have told us so we could have increased the temperature of the room. We usually seek to make the tempertaure very moderate so it suits all guests. Regarding the noise, this depends on the people of the room, we hope it wasn´t annoying though! We hope to see you again here soon!

Very clean and comfy common area to meet other travelers. Staff was unprofessional and not prepared or attentive.

I´m very disappointed to hear that you found our service that way. We really care about the customer service and we would like to know more. Please email us with a pone number or email address so i can know more about this.

Amazing hostel! The staff (Aicha, Yasam and Erica - I'm sure I didn't spell any of the names correctly -are awesome!). Facilities and atmosphere are great. The hostel is a little stingy when it comes to food though.

Dear guest, We´re so thrilled you found our staff members awesome, and you liked our facilities and atmosphere! Regarding the kitchen, we clean it profoundly more than once per day. If you found an undisreable smell from there, it would have been by customers cooking their food and probably didn´t clean the cooking tools instantly. We truly always work hard to assure that every part of our hostel clean and fresh. We´ll take your comments into consideration. We hope to see you again soon!!!

Very good:)

Dear guest, Thank you for your review! We are so happy you had a very nice experience at our hostel during your visit to Madrid! We look forward to seeing you again!

Nice hostel.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! We´re happy to hear you liked our hostel and found it nice! We look forward to seeing you again here in the near future!

Great stay at at Christopher. Fun crowd, helpful staff. Really good facilities for all ages and whatever you are looking for. I highly recommend the place. Centrally located and right next to the metro stop. Bar/ restaurant in the ground floor.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Dear guest, Thanks for your review! I think you made a mistake in the name and wanted to say U HOSTELS Madrid ;) We are so glad you liked your stay at our hostel and found all of us helpful! We hope to see you again at U HOSTELS Madrid!

The hostel was good as far as showers (amazing), events, and quiet rooms. But the staff was just ok. They all live in dorms there so they stick in their staff groups and don't have many recommendations to give when I asked questions.

Dear guest, We are happy you enjoyed our facilities, activities, and quiet rooms! As we are a hostel, it´s really normal to have most of our hostel rooms as dorms (Travellers share rooms with each other) so we don´t only have private rooms. Sorry if you asked questions that our staff couldn´t give many recommendations about. We usually do our best to provide our clients with the best directions and recommendations. We´ll take your comments into consideration! We hope to see you here soon!

U Hostel was very nice and modern. Something to note: this is NOT a youth hostel. I had a 50 year old woman in my dorm room. The hostel does a pretty good job at organizing events for those few that were interested. Breakfast was weak but included. The bar was not really a place to meet other travelers. Besides that it was clean and located close enough to walk to the sights. I probably would not stay there again but it was sufficient for my trip to Madrid this time.

Dear guest, Thanks for your review! We´re a large hostel welcoming people from different ages, so there´re people from different ages. Breakfast isn´t so big as we give it for free to every guest, though guests can buy the low-cost big special breakfast. We organize various daily events including several free ones at different times, in the hostel and in its bar, to help travellers socialize and meet, so we are disappointed you didn´t realize that. We hope to see you again here soon! :)

Everything was great and easy. Comfortable. Friendly. Sometimes music was a bit loud and hard in the common areas but that is the trend these days.

• 19th Feb 2015

Dear guest, Thanks very much for your review! We highly appreciate it! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here. Regarding the music, we apologize if it was a little bit loud. If you told us that, our staff would have definitely instantly lowered its volume. We thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again here in the near future! Best regards!

Awesome location and great backpacker vibe. Events every night organized by the hostel. Rooms are some of the best I've been in. A bit weird to have to make up your own bed but at least I know the sheets are fresh and changed (by me). A 2 minute walk from the nearest metro stop and a grocery store. Also has a small breakfast included and an open kitchen (pots and pans available) for other meals.

Dear guest, Thanks lot for your review! We´re extremely happy you were impressed by our hostel! It´s really common in hostels people make their own beds with sheets and bed linenes (As you saw we give them fresh and for free upon arrival) In this way, guests also feel assured linens are completely clean :) Regarding our breakfast, it isn´t very big because we give it for free to each guest, though we have the low-cost big special breakfast. We look very forward to seeing you again here!!

Everything is perfect! Good strong solid wood bunk beds, good mattresses, good common rooms and TV room, guided tours and organised pub crawls.

Dear guest. Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you had a great experience at our hostel during your stay in Madrid! We always do our best to provide our clients with the highest quality of all facilities, equipment, and services! We thank you again for your review!! We look forward very much to seeing you again here soon!

Great hostel, would definitely go there again! Nice stuff, good facilities and very clean and safe building. You have to take the metro to get to the centre (it's quite far to walk) but it's a short ride and everything else is really great.

Dear guest, Thank you a lot for your review! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel! We always do our best to serve our clients in the best way possible! Regarding our location, we are actually very closed to Puerta del Sol and Gran Via (The center and downtown of Madrid), only 10-15 minutes walking maximum. You might have taken longer ways to go there so it looked far for you. We thank you again for your review and hope to see you again here in the near future!

My 2 night stay at this hostel was surprisingly UNpleasent. I was constantly Anooyed and receiving terrible service from the staff. This hostel is more like one giant free for all hotel with no control over what goes on, as when I was hear a group of literally 50-100 school kids were here who were very disrespectful in terms of noise very late at night, and early in morning. They also made me switch rooms, for no reason. Wifi was inconsistent, when the big group arrived It got very poor.

Dear guest! Thanks for your review! We´re disappointed if that group made any annoying noises. You should´ve notified us that and our staff would´ve gone instantly to talk to the teachers to sort out that issue. We´re surprised you say that about our staff service as our priority is always making our guests feel home and so satisfied. We assure there was a definite motivation to move you from your room. We hope to see you again here soon!

I would definitely use U Hostels again.

Dear guest, Thank you a lot for your review! We highly appreciate it! We are so thrilled to hearing you liked everything in our hostel! We look forwrad to welcoming you here again at our hostel whenever you come to Madrid!

Great hostel. They have lots of activities and people are really friendly there. The facilities are really clean, I think I saw the staff cleaning the bathrooms 3 times a day. It even smells like grapes. It's really close to a metro station, supermarkets and bars. Would definitely stay there again.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your comments! We are so delighted you had a nice experience here with all, our friendly staff, daily social activities including several free ones, the ability of reaching many markets and major metro stations and downtowns of Madrid in a couple of minutes, and that you realized our deep cleanliness (We indeed clean our bathrooms and showers at least 2-3 times per day) We thank you again for yor review! We look forward to your next stay here soon!

We stayed in a room with a private ensuite - definitely not worth the extra cost. The heating was ridiculous given it is controlled by staff and over each floor. It was overly hot one night and when we asked the staff to turn it down or off, they didn't. It took 3 different people asking the staff in order for the temperature to be lowered.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review! We sincerely apologize if you had an issue with the heater. The heating is indeed controlled by staff but that´s typical in hostels in Madrid. There was a problem in the heater of your room and thus the staff couldn´t fix it immediately until the maintenance staff arrived and fixed the issue. We truly apologize again for any inconvenience as our guests usually don´t find such issues here. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Staff are excellent, especially Gabriel.

• 30th Jan 2015

Dear guest, Thank you a lot for your review! We highly appreciate it and we are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay at our hostel! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best regards!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7