U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Thank you to Uhostel! You were the last stop of a 3 month trip and it was amazing. The beds were comfy amd spacious. The bathrooms clean and always available because there was so many showers. And the people so helpful, a special thanks to Roberto, Patricia and Violet for the amazing tours! It was the best way to end my trip with beautiful people!

Really nice Hotel with great location. The staff are very nice and friendly. The rooms are big and very warm inside. Maybe they could be a little bit cleaner but it was ok. The baths are very good! The breakfast maybe more space it was a little bit crowded but it was very good. Its a great place to stay once the cost and the location are great!

Loved this hoste! It was clean and staff where more then accommodating, great location can walk to everything and so close to the train station :)

• 20th Jan 2015

Harry did a great free walking tour

Dear guest! Thanks for your review! We are so gald you enjoyed your stay at our hostel! We look forward to seeing you again here in the near future!

Excellent hostel with all the facilities you could ask for. The staff are extremely friendly and will try to help you with any query you may have . I'd like to thank Erika especially who assisted me with looking for permant accommodation in Madrid .I would highly recommend this hostel to any friends visiting Madrid .

• 16th Jan 2015

It's a big, impersonal 'hotel' (guests avoiding eye contact and conversation, except with their companions). The reception process was unwelcoming, breakfast was meager (just American white bread and packaged butter and jam, and thin orange juice). No effort to create a social milieu. Showers on second floor were 50% out of order. On the plus side, the cleaning ladies were friendly, and there were metro connections were nearby.

Dear guest, We daily have at least 3 social activities where people socialize and have talks. We give our free breakfast as a gift to all our guests (Not charged). It´s unfortunate you found the reception process unwelcoming. Usually all our guests are satisifed by our professional helpful and friendly staff. When you found the shower not working, you should have advised us so we could fix it in a matter of few minutes. We´ll definitely consider all your notes. We hope to see again soon!

Decent hostel.

I have travelled alone, in a couple, with friends for over 4 years and have to say this hostel, was one of the best. The staff was very helpful, the rooms were immaculate, the location was very good and the price was cheap! One not to miss.

Dear guest, Thanks for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed all parts and areas of our hostel and the services given by our professional staff, Our location is so so strategical indeed and surrounded by various bars/clubs/pharmacies/supermarkets/shops... Great you enjoyed our cheap prices considering the high quality and services we have! We were very happy to accommodate you. We hope to see you again here in the near future!

The place - rooms, common areas, bathrooms - were all so clean, as well as the towels and bedclothes. Gran Vía was very close Given the size of the hostel the kitchen was quite small but there were numerous cheap cafés and eateries on the door step which appealed even more! Breakfast was also very sufficient - an added bonus!

• 7th Jan 2015

Dear guest, We´re glad you enjoyed our spacious and clean areas of the hostel. The center and downtown of Madrid are indeed very closed to the hostel, not more than 15 minutes walking. Good you enjoyed our free breakfast! We´re disappointed you found our kitchen small although it´s fully equpied with cooking tools, 4 microwaves, ovens, fridge, ice maker... But we will definitely consider your note! We are looking forward to seeing you again at our hostel!

The amount of activities that the hostel planned were great, but I kind of like doing my own thing so I only attended the flamenco show, which was cool. The "free breakfast" didn't really offer a lot- four pieces of toast and coffee or orange juice... It was kind of lacking compared to other hostels I stayed in. The location was nice- close to a lot of metro stops, but you could walk to Plaza del sol in like 20 minutes if you wanted.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! Great to know how our performance is classified by you! We are happy you liked our amusing activities, professional low-priced flamenco show, and strategical location! We offer our guests a free breakfast as a gift so it is not so big (Other hostels may offer a bigger one but do not offer the same other services). Also, you could buy the special breakfast which is so big and full of different things We look forward to meeting you again here!

Estuve en el hostel el 7 enero de 2015 y todo muy limpio y un ambiente muy bueno. Las habitaciones son grandes y los lockers tambien por lo que puedes guardar tus cosas comodamente. I have been in the hostel on 07.01.2015 and I am so glad to have chosen it, the beds are really nice and clean and the environment is nice. big rooms, good beds, clean, big lockers and the personal helpful. so I highly recommend it.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Very clean and spacious hostel. The location is not as prime as Mad or Cats, but the cleanliness makes up for it.

Dear guest! Thank you very much for your review! Glad to see you noticed how really clean and spacious our hostel is. We´re disappointed you didn´t realize the strategical location of our hostel. We´re 15 minutes walking from the main downtown in Madrid, 8 minutes by metro to Santiago Bernabeu, 20-30 minutes to the airport. Also, we are in one of the most prestigious areas in Madrid and surrounded by bars/clubs/pharmacies/supermarkets/shops. We hope to see you again at our hostel!

Just about everything g here was "out of order" during my stay. In a two day span, I was without wi-fi, had to walk five flights of stairs due to problems with the elevator, and our rooms were absolutely freezing due to the heat supposedly having problems. Location was great, but the negatives truly outweighed this benefit. Will look for a different hostel the next time I'm in Madrid.

Hello Daniel. we sorry for all the inconvenients. We are very dissapointed this happend during your stay. We always fix everything very quick but because of this time of the year (new year´s eve and weekend!) took longer. we hope if you ever come back to Madrid you come to U hostels to see how everything works suitably: very fast WIFI, two efficient elevators, and please ask to adjust the temperature you want.. We hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Best regards

The hostel is really good, it makes your stay in Madri much better. The staff is reallreally cool. One of the best hostels I've been in Europe. Breakfast is also quite good.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your stay at our hostel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at U HOSTELS Madrid and had a very good experience at our hostel. It is good we proved to you that we are one of the best hostels in Europe, as many international well-known magazines and newspapers have classified us. We always do our best to satisfy our guests with the best services. We and our professional staff are looking forward to seeing you again at our hostel!

Facilities of the kitchen aren't very good. Kitchen is always a mess. The fridge is in terrible condition. I've been in other hostels and somehow they manage to deal with these things. I think that lack of commitment by staff is main reason for this. It came also clear that the staff doesn't consider working in "tourism industry" so question like "where to eat?" made difficulties to answer.

Huge hostel, and very commercial. The atmosphere was not particularly welcoming, but not unfriendly either. They give you sheets to make your own bed, which was pretty tricky on a top bunk - especially since the ladder was horrible. I almost fell off a few times. The wifi sucks. I couldn't only connect half the time I was there. The only other complaint I have is the kitchen: the only pan had no handle, and no one cleaned after themselves so it was a bit of a wreck.

Very clean and new hostel plenty of bathrooms and toilets. Good location everything is walking distance no need to catch the metro at all. Didn't try the breakfast so can't give a review. Overall very good and would definitely stay again.

The hostel is safe and clean ,the kichen is big and clean.I like the hostel's style but the stuff is not so enthusiastic like i image.But it's still a good hostel.

This was a wonderful hostel with great amenities like movie room, kitchen, cleaning facilites and clean. It was ideal for travellers and Taylor and the Lithuanian girls were helpful and brilliant. Christmas dinner was brilliant and an excellent vibe thanks to Taylor, Gintare and all involved. Muchas gracias

The place is amazing!! It's all you need and more... very well planed, great at,osphere and the staff really, really cool!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7