U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

I had a really good time while I stayed in the hostel, everyone on the staff was nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. The walking tours, pub crawl and all you can eat are a must.

• 10th Apr 2014

If possible provide hotel slipper or shoe for rent because traveller didnt bring their bathroom shoe/ slipper.

It was nice staying in this beautiful Hostel. The Stuff is really helpful and nice as we'll. Its easy to get around because the Metro is close to the hostel. I would always come back again.

AMAZING. This is one of the BEST hostel in Madrid. It's a block away from Metro. Walking distance to food/market. The bathroom/showers are super clean and organized. The decor is very modern and hipster. You just want to spend your day here. Internet is super fast. Movie room was great to watch a futbol game. The manager Alvaro there was super awesome. We couldnt have asked for more. He knew it was my gf & i last night so he got us a private room. We are so appreciative of that kindness. Thx

good facility but poor breakfast... even at night too noisy.. for 3days.. I was not able to sleep at all. and for breakfast you eat just two slices of bread and butter or jam and milk or coffee... anyway... I was always hungry. but good location and facilities... those were good not bad.

It was a great hostel. But some nights there would be no paper towels in the bathroom and it would get quite messy. Also the "breakfast" they offered should not be considered breakfast. The staff was great. I also really enjoyed the building itself with the swings, kitchen, bar, and hang out spaces.

• 20th Mar 2014

This was the first hostel I have stayed in where people were genuinely inconsiderate of other guests. Throughout the night people were coming and going, having full conversations, turning the lights in the whole room on. There wasn't any real concern for other people who were sleeping. They give you a locker, but you have to bring or buy a lock. The front door is always unlocked so it is not impossible for strangers to get in the building. Overall: Not bad, but not great.

Great Hostel! one of the best I've ever been! love everything of it! Super clean! pretty big rooms (I was in a 6 bed dorm with bathroom)! The cinema is a blast! we saw "el Clasico" (real vs Barcelona) in their big screen! Try the tapas they make for dinner! very cheap and really good! Location is great, just a few meter walking distance from Metro Staff were nice and helpful I would come back!

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Spain

It is really good hostel, I will visit it again. Even I was stolen the money in the room, but it is my fault, I need to be more careful!

Really good hostel, excellent showers and great location. My only complaint is with regards to breakfast. The one included would be ok, if it weren't for the rude staff and the fact that they offer a better one for 3 euros. I really don't see the point in this.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

This is the best accomodation in Madrid for people who want to have fun. Nice place, great staff, Good breakfast. I will use them again. Thanks for everything.

It was great very very nice place but there something about And place it's not so big the stuff care more about you but it's and great Place to meet people and the nices beds I've every had in a hostel

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff was friendly, not over friendly:-) The room was very big and clean. The hostel has a nice relaxation area and bar. The location was perfect. Away from the noise of downtown Madrid, but close to Fuencuaral en Gran Via (approximately 10 minute walk). one of the best, if not the best hostel I have stayed in and I have stayed in a lot of hostels all over the world. I would definitely recommend it to travellers worldwide.

• 26th Feb 2014

It was nice experience to stay there. Staff is good (but nothing more). Location is really good. Room is clean, but one thing I really didn't like that was too cold there because door to balcony not closed tightly.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Russia

really good position, staff always kind and ready to help, the structure and the bedrooms are perfect

So many thanks for your good review! we are very happy you loved our facilities, star, and location! we hope to see you soon at U Hostels ;)

Really nice place, the personal was kind and helpfully, I have took the big breakfast for 2-3€ more, it was really good, room are really nice. The only but think was that there was some sewage smell (and was not only my experience, it was not extreme but also not likeable. I think that especially in summer some air conditioning, especially for the high beds would be really good idea, otherwise will be impossible to sleep in the high beds :-)

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Colombia

Disappointed with this hostel. I don't know how they can call themselves a luxury hostel. There was nothing special about the rooms. Very basic. Location is good - close to two different metro stations. The kitchen is far too small and basic for the size of the hostel - and you aren't allowed to fry anything. Free breakfast is a laugh - 2 pieces of bread is all you get unless you pay extra. Cinema room is great though. Very expensive price for nothing special...

We really sorry to hear this about us. For us, Luxury is on the small details, I guess you haven't notice many of them, like our 5 start hotel mattress, our custom bunk beds, our design, our great location in one of the most expensive and secureneighborhoods of Madrid. Our big rooms with big balconies and all the cleaning we do so you always find the bathrooms super clean. Unfortunately, By law, is forbidden to fry in hostels in Madrid, but you can do a lot in our fully equipped kitchen

The facilities are great, very modern. We stayed just one night, but it was obvious that they were worried about their guests and that they could enjoy the city.

So many thanks for choosing U Hostels for your stay in Madrid! We really appreciate that you loved our great hostel! We love to take care of our guest with all of our attention and willingness that you have the best experience ever ;)

On one hand I can't fault the hostel for being modern, clean, having nice facilities, and a satisfactory complementary breakfast. However when I arrived to the hostel, the woman on the front desk was so rude. When I arrived it was quiet and she was reading her phone, but when she took me passport to check she just continued to read her phone for another 2 minutes before looking at the passport! Very poor treatment. IN GENERAL I didn't think the staff seemed that friendly or gave much effort.

Dear Guest, we are really happy that you loved our modern, clean and great hostel! In addition, I would like to apologize for what happened at your check in. I can assure you that this was something exceptional and it will never happen again. All our receptionist are very nice and treat our guest very nicely, giving them a warm welcome to all of them. Next time you come to U Hostels, you will find really nice smiling staff helping you in everything you wish for sure

It´s a lovely decorated hostel with kind staff and nice offers. We enjoyed particularly the free walking tour!

Thank you for your visit! We are happy you like our cosy decoration, our staff and of course, our super free walking tour! We hope to see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4