U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

1980 Total Reviews

The staff was very nice and helpful, clea bedrooms and great common spaces. The bathrooms had a sewage problem so wasn't the cleanest. Kitchen was very small with very few pots and pans and the stove was a hotplate that worked fine. Overall great experience and great people!

• 25th May 2015

Arrived late Friday night last. Great friendly staff throughout. No problem checking in and the staff answered all question I had. They provided a great walking tour which set the tone for a very enjoyable weekend. I got to see so much and their guide/map is very useful too. Great prices and for 3 nights, I had a cheap, excellent quality stay in a 12 bed mixed dorm in a superb central location! Thanks to all at Uhostel for an enjoyable first stay in Madrid

• 22nd May 2015

This hostel was absolutely amazing. The hostel itself is super open, spacious and clean (They had daily cleaning staff). The atmosphere- daily FREE walking tours with Pablo was so fun and a very cool way to learn about the cities history while chatting with other people, nightly pub runs, free sangria nights and organized dinners for a fee. Thanks to Roberto for leading all the fun activities! if your looking to meet others, this is the place to go.

Confusing layout. Very very loud. Only really good for English-speakers looking to get obnoxiously drunk

Really grrat place to meet people and have some parties

The bedrooms are extremely big, but the bathrooms are quite small. There could be more tables in the bathroom to set items on to make it more clean for guests. The toilet dispenser made it hard to get toilet paper.

Nice facilities, free breakfast was good. If you get a chance, do the walking tour with Pablo he is very well informed about Madrid and entertaining as well.

I had a great time! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked for recommendations as to where to eat for dinner each night and was very pleased. I participated in the walking tour Saturday morning and definitely enjoyed it. I did the bar crawl Saturday night with a group from people staying at the hostel and we had a lot of fun. The rooms were very clean and provided everything I needed. Thanks U Hostels for a great time in Madrid!

Great hostel: looks new even if it's not, clean, good breakfast, nice staff - no complain at all, would come back!

This was the best hostel experience I've had so far. My friend and I were in a mixed 6 bed room...there was SO much room.. Plus a bathroom for just us 6 to use. Nicest shower of my trip. The hostels bar is located underneith the building with a separate entrance and that really cut down on noise. The staff was always willing to help and spoke fantastic English. I cannot recommend this hostel enough!

Fun interior design. Great location. Spacious, well designed dorms. However UHostel's 'luxury hostel' atmosphere is detracted by catering several large groups of school children meaning common areas at times are overun by kids/teens or areas are reserved out to them.

Uhostel is THE place to stay in Madrid. Location is fantastic, a short walk to a main metro station and about a 25-35 min. walk to most tourist attractions (Puerto del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Prado Museum. Aside from the great location it is super clean and security is great. The staff instantly welcomes you as if you're family and the activities are great for budget travelers (ex. Drinking games with free sangria, Paella with a free drink for 5 euros). Felt like leaving home when it was time to go.

Great location but I do think the bathroom area and kitchen could be a bit cleaner. I slept on the top bunk. It was pretty high up there and the bad’s got no fence. I was worried that I might fall off the bad ( which I didn't do I guess it's ok)

A great hostel! Staff very helpful and friendly, location is amazing located right in front of the Palace, infact you can see the palace from the bedroom windows. Had a great stay there everything a hostel needs.

I've stayed here a few times, loved it, this time I was in a back room, smelled like sewage the entire time, the room wasn't clean when I arrived, and it wasn't the same lively feel as before. I tried their dinner and the paella, though hard to make, was very fishy tasting. Yes, there is fish in it, but it shouldn't have that distinct bad fish taste to it. I didn't finish it. It wasn't worth the 6euros. Overall a lil disappointed with my stay this time around.

Very recommended. One of the best hostel ever!!

Great hostel and great staff. Harriett did a great job for the walking tour and was very helpful. Would recommend staying here.

Nice hostel, decent location, great breakfast options. Lots of different places to chill out, depending on what you're after. The staff were super friendly and the whole place was clean. The location is good if you feel like a walk, otherwise the metro is super close too. Great stay overall!

The Hostel is really cool, rooms are huge and spacious with a terrace. The en suite was wonderful with a power shower. I would recommend this hostel. I arrived on a Sunday and stayed for 2 nights and there was a bit of a lack of atmosphere in the hostel but this is because most people stay Thursday - Saturday.

Nice rooms, fun parties, let the good times roll!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7