U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff immediately made me feel at home and I became friends with many of them over the course of my stay. The room was the nicest I've ever stayed in, w personal outlets, bed lamps, working lockers, clean bedding and bathrooms, LOTS of open space and a beautiful view of the city below. The common area and kitchen downstairs were really comfortable/welcoming and created a great, friendly atmosphere. Breakfast was good/cheap. AND ALL FOR 15/NIGHT!?!

• 24th Nov 2014

I was very impressed with this hostel! The staff was great and very helpful, the rooms was very clean and spacious, and there was a very nice kitchen facility and dining room! I now understand why this place received such a high rating!

• 21st Nov 2014

The staff were BRILLIANT as we were in a large group (stag) and they were a great help. Hostel in general excellent with cinema room, good cheap bar and cheap expresso's!! Handy! Superb showers and wash areas very clean, comfy beds however was a bit noisy on the main road.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I was really impressed with the cleanliness and how friendly the staff were. Definitely an upgrade in hostel accommodations. Well done!!!

Room was overbooked, had to discuss with other guests who would leave. Keys didn't work on our last night, front desk said they couldn't be fixed, next morning we had to get ready one at a time so we could get back in the room. So We checked-out 50 min late. They kept our 10 euro deposit. We didn't get extra 10 euros for all the delays during check-in, but she kept ours though their inability to have working keys caused the delay. U Hostel made a bad first and a terrible last impression.

This hostel had large lockers (bring a padlock), numerous showers, a luggage storage room, and a moderately-sized breakfast (4 toasts or churros plus drink). I felt very safe in the neighborhood with its affordable restaurants. The hostel was a good 20 minute walk from the museum triangle and half an hour from Puerta del Sol, more than expected but still not bad. The map at the front desk with suggested sites and tapas bar was nice also.

• 14th Nov 2014

I had a really nice time in in the hostel. It was clean, in a perfect position and with all the services one could need. The people working there are very friendly and helpful. Last but not least everyday there is something to do if you want to join (a free walking tour, a movie night..) and meet new people to spend time togheter.

Rooms spacious and clean, especially liked the practical "alcoves" above beds. Liked the shelf of "free food" in the kitchen. Activities organised by the hostel all great: at flamenco night really feeling were proper non touristic spanish artists, thanks Taylor ! ; the walking tour with Harriet very good, taught us a lot about the town I'd never have known otherwise ; tapas night with Pablo was amazing ! Really great spanish experience not to miss.

nice clean modern place. location was good, staf were efficient and helpfull. I would recomend with no reservations.

Great location, great facility, many washrooms but I found the staff to be abit more formal like in a hotel. Besides Taylor who made an effort to talk to everyone and make them feel welcome the rest of the staff just sat behind the desk and worked on their computers.

we stay there for 3 days,the room is clean and comfortable.there we met Taylor,he is kind and passion,we had great time in Madrid.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Great Hostel with awesome facilities except for the kitchen which was too small and lacked appliances. The staff were friendly but often acted unprofessionally which made our stay uncomfortable. Being woken up at 2am because there were supposedly too many people in our dorm and being interrogated for ID and being called sweetie was not a great way to end our stay. Despite this, overall it's a nice Hostel.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

My friend and I were here a couple weeks ago and it is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Super clean, modern, they even had swings...I love swings. Erika worked at the main desk and was AWESOME. She helped us so much and was extremely welcoming.

• 7th Nov 2014

That was really nice hostel, a good atmosphere, really clean, all facilities are in.

Uhostel is a nicely located hostel right in a lively and good area of the center of Madrid. It's near to plenty of bars and restaurants and feels safe and secure. The staff is great and helpful and the building was absolutely great. It was clean, there was enough facilities for everyone to feel secure and be able to shower or use the toilet at the same time. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious. It was like no hostel I have really ever been too. Thank you! Saludos!

• 5th Nov 2014

Because this was my first stop I emaild a lot with them before I arrived. They were quick and very helpfull. On their website there're good directions how to come to the hostel. I had booked an 8-p dorm but got an upgrade fot free because they didn't have a lower bed available which I prefered because of a broken finger. They were very kind! The room was spacious, modern, clean and loved the bed! It has a thick matrass and own bedlamp and plug. On this floor there were plenty of showers (good on

• 4th Nov 2014

Great centrally located hostel, clean, safe. Only there for the night for Real Madrid vs. Liverpool but the social areas looked really good as well.

Great location and value for money. Only three stops on the metro to Real Madrid's stadium, too.

• 3rd Nov 2014

The staff was very unhelpful and the new asian guy was just downright annoying. I felt like I was bothering them every time I tried to ask a question. The lights were all sensor based so when getting ready, the lights would frequently turn off and I would have to run around until they turned back on. If you are just looking for a clean and safe hostel then this is an okay option but if you want an environment to meet people and get local help from the staff, look elsewhere.

HI, the hostel has a white clean interior design which makes it look like a space ship or an hospital or a company. . It's not so warm welcome, minimalist, very practical but nothing is missing and everything works properly. The hostel is very properly sirtuated near two metro stations and has a good price-quality ratio.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7