U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Nice hostel.

The hostel was good as far as showers (amazing), events, and quiet rooms. But the staff was just ok. They all live in dorms there so they stick in their staff groups and don't have many recommendations to give when I asked questions.

U Hostel was very nice and modern. Something to note: this is NOT a youth hostel. I had a 50 year old woman in my dorm room. The hostel does a pretty good job at organizing events for those few that were interested. Breakfast was weak but included. The bar was not really a place to meet other travelers. Besides that it was clean and located close enough to walk to the sights. I probably would not stay there again but it was sufficient for my trip to Madrid this time.

Awesome location and great backpacker vibe. Events every night organized by the hostel. Rooms are some of the best I've been in. A bit weird to have to make up your own bed but at least I know the sheets are fresh and changed (by me). A 2 minute walk from the nearest metro stop and a grocery store. Also has a small breakfast included and an open kitchen (pots and pans available) for other meals.

Everything is perfect! Good strong solid wood bunk beds, good mattresses, good common rooms and TV room, guided tours and organised pub crawls.

Great hostel, would definitely go there again! Nice stuff, good facilities and very clean and safe building. You have to take the metro to get to the centre (it's quite far to walk) but it's a short ride and everything else is really great.

My 2 night stay at this hostel was surprisingly UNpleasent. I was constantly Anooyed and receiving terrible service from the staff. This hostel is more like one giant free for all hotel with no control over what goes on, as when I was hear a group of literally 50-100 school kids were here who were very disrespectful in terms of noise very late at night, and early in morning. They also made me switch rooms, for no reason. Wifi was inconsistent, when the big group arrived It got very poor.

I would definitely use U Hostels again.

Great hostel. They have lots of activities and people are really friendly there. The facilities are really clean, I think I saw the staff cleaning the bathrooms 3 times a day. It even smells like grapes. It's really close to a metro station, supermarkets and bars. Would definitely stay there again.

We stayed in a room with a private ensuite - definitely not worth the extra cost. The heating was ridiculous given it is controlled by staff and over each floor. It was overly hot one night and when we asked the staff to turn it down or off, they didn't. It took 3 different people asking the staff in order for the temperature to be lowered.

Staff are excellent, especially Gabriel.

• 30th Jan 2015

What a large and still cozy hostel. Cool vibe, good extras and great staff. Unfortunately it takes a longer walk (15min) to reach the sights and party places, but then again: The hostel is quite exciting as is. Will come again.

Nice location, clean and good wifi. But there description is not sufficient . Breakfast was not enough to me.

The hostel is a big chain, so the services are good. Big spacious rooms, comfortable mattresses, plenty of showers and toilets. Not much atmosphere though, and the breakfast is not worth the price.

Good place to stay with great atmosphere! Its main strengths are location and value for money. Recommended.

Thank you to Uhostel! You were the last stop of a 3 month trip and it was amazing. The beds were comfy amd spacious. The bathrooms clean and always available because there was so many showers. And the people so helpful, a special thanks to Roberto, Patricia and Violet for the amazing tours! It was the best way to end my trip with beautiful people!

Really nice Hotel with great location. The staff are very nice and friendly. The rooms are big and very warm inside. Maybe they could be a little bit cleaner but it was ok. The baths are very good! The breakfast maybe more space it was a little bit crowded but it was very good. Its a great place to stay once the cost and the location are great!

Loved this hoste! It was clean and staff where more then accommodating, great location can walk to everything and so close to the train station :)

Harry did a great free walking tour

Dear guest! Thanks for your review! We are so gald you enjoyed your stay at our hostel! We look forward to seeing you again here in the near future!

The window latch was broken so it didn't close properly. As a result the room was really cold and the duvet was too thin for a January night. And I say that as someone from cold, wet Britain! Everything else was fine though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7