U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

The Uhostel is a nice hostel located close to the city centre. I stayed in the 8 person mixed dorm. The beds are very comfy and the rooms are super clean! The washroom facilities are spacious. Special shout out to Taylor, you rock! The events within the Hostel are COOL!

• 14th Dec 2014

Awesome hostel, friendly fun and very helpful staff, very clean and nice rooms. Would definitly live here again, money well spent!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

All the staff were great... especially Erika (Colombian), Taylor (Chinese) and Jason (American).

The hostel is great but it lacks identity, everything is too Americanized. The beer at the bar is too expensive.

Excellent location, very near from everything, it's a very nice hostel, I really recommend, the staff (At least the guys who work at night are great, very nice and polite, the girl in the afternoon not at all. The only problems was the radiator, first days was freezing

Very clean, love its design. Bfast is included but didnt try it since always oversleep. Went for the tapas crawl and its great experience. Especially for staffs, taylor, the tapas guide who claimed his name roberto carlos (freaking funny) and pablo. Thanks!

Great internet access, which is so essential when you're on the road and need to make bookings. A great vibe, location and excellent. Yezan was particularly helpful, please pass on our thanks. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

I didn't like the hostel, it was not really clean, there are dust all over in the room. They didn't clean the blanket: you take off the linen and let the blanket on the bed, then they just put back on the locker for the next guest. It was full of someonelse hair, disgusting. The staff are like "nice cop, bad cop". There are a guy who is so friendly and help me with everything but there are a girl that just charged to borrow me the plug adaptor! (on the morning the boy borrow me without charged).

Very good hostel would recommend the pub crawls. The best experience by myself and by many others at the hostel was Definetly the pub crawl with Taylor the Asian guy . He went above and beyond to make sure we all had a good a good time . His advice regarding Madrid was also very valuable. He was always friendly and talked to everyone and made you feel at home That is certainly what being at a hostel is all about . I would Definetly recommend this hostel . Pub crawls with Taylor were awesome!!!

Uhostels is a great place. Not right in the center but just 15 minutes walk or two metro stations and you're in the center. But the place of the hostel provides supermarkets, bars, clubs etc. The hostel has its own bar and cinema. It's very big what makes the atmosphere not so cozy but if you meet people, it's good. The modern rooms are clean and well equipped. Recommended? Yes!

Such a good hostel, really friendly people and activities organised every night. Bit sly with the free walking tour as they definitely expect money but other than that everything was perfect!

• 25th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

This is the place to stay if you want to meet people. They have activities every night (Taylor you're awesome at organising a great night out)! There will always be people in the common area to talk to but the rooms are far enough away and the walls thick enough that you don't here any noise if you do go to sleep. The walking tour with Harriet was amazing, I would definitely recommend doing that and the tapas night with Pablo. If I came back to Madrid I would choose this place to stay!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff was fantastic and a lot of fun. Taylor's pub crawl and Sagnria drinking games were particularly awesome and he had a great personality that kept everyone together and encouraged lots of people to go. Harriet also did a fantastic tour of the city which she deserves special recognition for. Lastly, Pablo's Tapa night was unforgettable and tons of fun. He was funny and gave a lot of great information about the history and cuisine of Tapas.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff immediately made me feel at home and I became friends with many of them over the course of my stay. The room was the nicest I've ever stayed in, w personal outlets, bed lamps, working lockers, clean bedding and bathrooms, LOTS of open space and a beautiful view of the city below. The common area and kitchen downstairs were really comfortable/welcoming and created a great, friendly atmosphere. Breakfast was good/cheap. AND ALL FOR 15/NIGHT!?!

• 24th Nov 2014

I was very impressed with this hostel! The staff was great and very helpful, the rooms was very clean and spacious, and there was a very nice kitchen facility and dining room! I now understand why this place received such a high rating!

The staff were BRILLIANT as we were in a large group (stag) and they were a great help. Hostel in general excellent with cinema room, good cheap bar and cheap expresso's!! Handy! Superb showers and wash areas very clean, comfy beds however was a bit noisy on the main road.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Staff very helpful. The breakfast was very meager - a cup of coffee and a piece . Location was excellent - very close to the metro and 15 minute walk to the central area. I would stay there again if I were in Madrid.

• 19th Nov 2014

Overall excellent hostel! Great common room, clean rooms, nice staff and not too far from the center. Only thing I would change is that I wouldn't charge anything for the lockers, but rather just ask for a deposit.

I was really impressed with the cleanliness and how friendly the staff were. Definitely an upgrade in hostel accommodations. Well done!!!

Room was overbooked, had to discuss with other guests who would leave. Keys didn't work on our last night, front desk said they couldn't be fixed, next morning we had to get ready one at a time so we could get back in the room. So We checked-out 50 min late. They kept our 10 euro deposit. We didn't get extra 10 euros for all the delays during check-in, but she kept ours though their inability to have working keys caused the delay. U Hostel made a bad first and a terrible last impression.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7