U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Comfortable beds, clean hostel and rooms, really nice staff, and they have SWINGS! The bar in the basement has some great deals too although it's really really dark. There didn't seem to be much happening in the hostel and we even gave the pub crawl a shot on the Sat night but left it before they even left the first bar. Don't waste your money on the pub crawl - absolute scam. Great hostel as a base for checking out a really cool city though!

Many thanks for your comment! we are really happy that you loved our clean hostel and great rooms! I would like to apologize for the pub crawl, if you had tell us something before we would have tell the pub crawl company to refund your money. In any case, we have made already some changes to this ;) and I'm sure everyone will enjoy our new activities

U Hostels is in a great location ( between Chamberi and Recoletos neighborhoods), 15 minutes by walk to Sol and Plaza Mayor. The staff was very warm and kind. The room was very wide and clean also the bathrooms and showers .The breakfast was ok ! For Price/quality I can recommend !

Many thanks for your comments and recommendations! we really appreciate it! we also love our location, in one of the best and most expensive neighborhoods of Madrid but yet close to every main highlight of Madrid. Hope to see u soon

Location is not too bad, not too far a walk from main city centre. Staff were helpful. Very spacious and clean rooms and bathrooms. Wifi is strong throughout hostel. Free breakfast is sufficient and not too far from metro stations. There is a bar downstairs that I didn't get a chance to check out as was only there for one night but would recommend this boutique hostel and I'd stay here again :-)

This was the best hostel I've been to in Madrid and I have been 4 times , def stay here.

• 10th Jun 2015

Everything was very good, staff very friendly & helpful, great location. Thanks a lot and greetings from Poland.

This was one of the best hostels I stayed at in Europe. 5 stars from me. Friendly staff, fun atmosphere, and right in the city center. They also have a great bar crawl (props to Roberto).

• 9th Jun 2015

Great hostel! was very safe and clean

Those walls are paper thin. Bring earplugs or headphones or something so you don't have to listen to the conversations next door.

The rooms were clean and staff were very helpful. WiFi in the room was not very good, however overall it was a great stay!

So many thanks for your great comment! we really appreciate it! We are sorry for the wifi, normally works fine but during this month the T-company have been doing some maintenance that we have already fixed many thanks

Very good hostel and great staff.

Decent hostel well located, big and busy but easy enough to meet people if you want to. Great value for money, beds comfortable, rooms and shower areas clean, staff helpful but not intrusive. Not a party hostel but staff know where to have one if that's your thing! Metro stop 100m away, 8 mins to centre or a 20 minute walk if you prefer. Lockers maybe a bit small if you've got more than a few days' worth of luggage and common area lacking a decent bar, but for the money couldn't complain!

• 6th Jun 2015

Was a good place to stay on a quick pass through. Beds were kind of high though. I ended up being late coming in, and had last pick of beds. Wasn't too bad for two days.

It has been the best hostel that we've stayed at so far. We really appreciated the fact that everything was so clean and new. The staff was amazing and very helpful.

It's a clean, well kept spacious hostel. The breakfast is a bit sparse, but that's not unusual in hostels. The staff were friendly, and the hostel offers lots of activities such as pub crawls, and tapas tours if you're into that kind of thing. I will mentioned, however, that they air conditioned the living day lights out of the room I was in. This was nice immediately after stepping out of the hot Madrid sun, but within 15 minutes, I was shivering in my sweater. The other thing I would mention i

The location is perfect, two Metro stations to chose from. Each bed has its own light as well as electricity outlet. They even thought of the hooks in the shower. Cool place for younger travellers since it can get pretty loud at night. Breakfast is basic, would be easier to handle without queuing up for having a coffee. But altogether not a bad choice for a stay in Madrid.

Extremely clean and spacious room, helpful and friendly staff who speak perfect English! Hostel was just minutes away from metro and it was very convenient to get around. A lot of events were held but it was quiet at night. Truly enjoyed my stay here and will come back again!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

So many thanks! we are very happy you enjoyed our super clean and spacious rooms!! we wish you a great trip and hope to see u soon

I stayed 3 nights at U Hostel and everything was absolutely great. Very safe area, my friend and I travel from the US and we loved it. The staff pretty helpful Roberto such a great fun person. Very clean. I really didn't have any problems I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone one who's is looking for a safe fun a great and safe place

• 2nd Jun 2015

So many thanks for your recommendation! we really agree with you, there is no hostel located in such a safe area as we are and only walking distance to main highlights. you can enjoy the local Madrid staying with us! hope you have a great trip

The hostel is located in a good area between two Metro stops. The free walking tour was good. Some of the staff members are very kind and helpful. Others are not, which is my biggest complaint. There is generally one person working the desk, so it can take a LONG time for service. I gave up on trying to get laundry tokens after waiting 20 minutes. Also frustrating was the extremely slow Wi-Fi, which didn't even work sometimes.

Dear guest, many thanks for your comment, we are happy that you like our location and most of our staff. We are very sorry that you had to wait but probably you had bad luck with the time you arrived to the desk. During the day, we always have 2 people at reception and sometimes even more. The Wi-fi had been running bad because of the telephone company maintenance bu this have been fixed hope you can come again and enjoy the Madrid experience that you deserve

Fantastic stay. My suitcase was stolen before arrival and the staff were amazing in helping me through it. They loaned me some towels and helped me contact the police and tube staff. The atmosphere in the Hostel is great as the guests are all really friendly and collective. Great facilities too. I will 100% be staying again.

We were not there for very long but the small amount of time we were there it was beautiful, clean, and very safe!

So many thanks for your comment! we really wish you had stayed a bit more time in our hostel and enjoyed our city Many thanks