U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

The hostel has great facilities, right next to the underground, friendly staff, the only thing we thought was strange is that no staff made our bed, but I dont know if this their procedure. everything else was perfect.

Hostel was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The main areas of lounge for each floor were cool- swings connected to the ceiling and a computer and a bean bag. Didn't explore too much of the hostel but it was all white in the spacious rooms, clean, cool (temperature wise). It didn't seem to have a group area to hang out, but again, didn't explore too much and might have just missed that. The balconies were nice to have as well. Not very easy to make friends.

• 9th Aug 2015

Great hostel, good vibe, & friendly an helpful staff! Even a comfy cinema room for some down time.

Great hostel, great facilities and dinners, pub crawls etc. Sheets could have some more attention, mine weren't very clean upon arriving at the hostel. Lots of hairs found.. Apart from this minor problem, excellent hostel!!

Everything about this place was great! Staff is very helpful and friendly, it's very easy to get there from the airport and is in a great location. Would definitely stay here again next time.

This was an excellent hostel. There is a large community space, making it easy to meet and mingle with fellow travelers. The staff are warm and friendly, and legitimately care that you have a good time in Madrid. This is an award winning hostel and I can see why!

This is a really good hostel. Most importantly, the dorms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable. In addition the staff are friendly and helpful, they have lots of different events each day including hostel regulars like pub crawls but also different walking tours and a tapas tour as well.

• 7th Aug 2015

I had a great 3 days here, staff were lovely, I met alot of people and just had a great time

• 7th Aug 2015

Great hostel! Very clean, very good and attentive staff, and lots of good activities.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hostel. Definitely the best one I ever stayed in. The staff was great. The rooms & bathrooms were clean. The atmosphere was excellent. The pub crawl was amazing. The tour guide, Cecilia, was awesome! I'd stay there a million times over!

The toilets on the ground floor need soap dispenser!

I had a great time staying at U Hostels. The room was very clean and spacious and it was also very easy to meet people. The walking tour and tapas tour was especially memorable. Diego from the tapas tour made it great experience and gave a good story to everything. The staff were friendly and helpful also. I would stay here again!

• 5th Aug 2015

Both hostels are in great locations and your staff are excellent.

Ended up extending my stay here; it's wonderful! On a major street with metro access very close, plenty of cafes around, & a bank across the street. The rooms are spacious & clean with secure lockers and the bathrooms are cleaned daily. They've enough showers and toilets that I never needed to wait even with a lot of people on my floor. The AC can be a bit chilly but the comforter solves that. The downstairs common area can be pretty loud, but that noise doesn't travel up to the dorms. Love it!

A really well thought out hostel!

• New Zealand

Loved the stay

• India

This has been one of the better hostels I have stayed in during my trip of Europe. It is in a really good location in Madrid which allows great access to all the major sights & go to areas. Definitely recommend the free walking tour of the city which departs from the hostel every morning. Our guide Eduardo was excellent in providing us with an insight into all of the major sights in Madrid - really enjoyed it! The staff at the hostel are incredibly friendly & are happy to help 24-7 :)

• Scotland

Nice hostel in a good location. It's away from all the hustle and bustle so it's quieter but still walking distance from most of the sites. Rooms and common areas were smaller and less clean than the pictures shown online. Some of the front staff were very nice and helpful and others were kind of intimidating. Pub crawl was crazy and it's so easy to meet people at this hostel. I would recommend going out with wild walkers to the daily excursions and trying the paella the hostel cooks up.

Great atmosphere, staff was fantastic and super helpful. The free club entrance was to a terrible club, disappointed I waisted my time going there instead of to a big one. The showers turn off after 30 seconds and the bathroom light after 5. I appreciate eco friendly but it was unrealistic to push the button all the time. Over good stay, but I'd love to shower in a cleaner bathroom

• 1st Aug 2015

Best hostel experience I've had so far in Spain. The staff were incredible, particularly Tiago and Toni. They made the stay at Madrid a blast and I would stay there again in a heart beat. It is walking distance to gran via, plaza manor, and Puerto De Sol. You can walk just about anywhere from the hostel. Totally worth the money I spent.

• 31st Jul 2015