U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

1989 Total Reviews

Great hostel and great staff. Harriett did a great job for the walking tour and was very helpful. Would recommend staying here.

Nice hostel, decent location, great breakfast options. Lots of different places to chill out, depending on what you're after. The staff were super friendly and the whole place was clean. The location is good if you feel like a walk, otherwise the metro is super close too. Great stay overall!

The Hostel is really cool, rooms are huge and spacious with a terrace. The en suite was wonderful with a power shower. I would recommend this hostel. I arrived on a Sunday and stayed for 2 nights and there was a bit of a lack of atmosphere in the hostel but this is because most people stay Thursday - Saturday.

Nice rooms, fun parties, let the good times roll!

Had an awesome time at U Hostels in Madrid. They offer a bunch of events each day which are really good for meeting people if you're travelling alone (or just looking to meet new people). Did the walking tour, all you can eat tapas, and pub crawl, and all were more than worth the money that they charged. Would definitely recommend!

• 28th Apr 2015

The staff was very kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend the tour, tapas, and bar crawl; each one was great. I was really very happy with how nice everyone was, especially Greg and Harriet. Quality human beings.

• 26th Apr 2015

Hostel is very well situated in Central Madrid 2 mins from alonso Martinez metro line. Very clean hostel an staff are frindly and ready to practice their Spanish or English with you! Highly recommend to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Central Madrod at a reasonable price!

I´ve stayed in plenty of hostels around Spain and this is one of the best.

• 25th Apr 2015

Only stayed for one night between my flights, but the hostel seemed really organized, clean and the facilities were probably the best I've seen in a hostel. A bit expensive, but you get value for the money. Staff was really friendly and helpful.

Everything perfect. Thanks a lot..

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Everything looks new. Only one thing, disturbances throughout the night, caused by noise.

Rooms are spacious and come with personal bedside lamp and outlet. Also gets a lot of light during the day. Decor is great and inviting. But the sliding bathroom door in the ensuite rooms have a noticeable space between the door and the wall, so the ensuite bathrooms don't actually feel as private and secure as the communal showers/toilets.

I was missing a shower gel or shampoo in the showers. Since you can't carry these things in hand-baggage in airplanes, it would be nice to have it at the hostel.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel, but weak kitchen facilities.

I met some great people!! The staff were amazing!! Perfect for solo travellers!! And the hostel was super clean and showers were amazing!

The staff were rude and unprofessional. On two separate occasions the female staff where on private phone calls for long periods of time whilst they were meant to be serving us at breakfast or in the evening at the bar. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned. There was someone's pubic hair on the shower floor and used body wash bottles in the rack. Someone opened the door to our private room both days so we were concerned about security of our belongings even though we had a private room.

• 19th Apr 2015

Dear guest, We´re surprised if some staff were talking on their phones while serving you! We´ll direct a serious warning to the ones who were doing that. Our bathrooms get daily cleaned at least twice, though we can´t control the bathrooms all the time. It´s normal in hostels and hotels that everyday the cleaning staff enter all the rooms to clean, as long as there is no ´´No clean today sticker´´ on the room doors outside. Thank you for staying with us!

It's too bad there are consequences for rowdy guys...just sayin'

Super, los recomiendo, me fue muy super bien, las habitaciones bien, baños, camas, 100 % good, I like it

Excelent Hostel!! I think you should improve on fixing yout toasters but besides that it was an amazing experiencie! Keep the good work!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Friendly staff, clean and centrally located. Nice hostel for all ages