U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Facilities of the kitchen aren't very good. Kitchen is always a mess. The fridge is in terrible condition. I've been in other hostels and somehow they manage to deal with these things. I think that lack of commitment by staff is main reason for this. It came also clear that the staff doesn't consider working in "tourism industry" so question like "where to eat?" made difficulties to answer.

Huge hostel, and very commercial. The atmosphere was not particularly welcoming, but not unfriendly either. They give you sheets to make your own bed, which was pretty tricky on a top bunk - especially since the ladder was horrible. I almost fell off a few times. The wifi sucks. I couldn't only connect half the time I was there. The only other complaint I have is the kitchen: the only pan had no handle, and no one cleaned after themselves so it was a bit of a wreck.

Very clean and new hostel plenty of bathrooms and toilets. Good location everything is walking distance no need to catch the metro at all. Didn't try the breakfast so can't give a review. Overall very good and would definitely stay again.

The hostel is safe and clean ,the kichen is big and clean.I like the hostel's style but the stuff is not so enthusiastic like i image.But it's still a good hostel.

This was a wonderful hostel with great amenities like movie room, kitchen, cleaning facilites and clean. It was ideal for travellers and Taylor and the Lithuanian girls were helpful and brilliant. Christmas dinner was brilliant and an excellent vibe thanks to Taylor, Gintare and all involved. Muchas gracias

The place is amazing!! It's all you need and more... very well planed, great at,osphere and the staff really, really cool!!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Staff r very nice and helpful! The upper bunk beds in the dorms are a bit too high and difficult to climb though.

awesome - best ever

Been to many hostels around Europe, this one beats them all! Great friendly staff, and located right in the heart of Madrid.

I've been to many cities in Spain, and I have to say, this is one of the best hostel I have stayed in. Staff made me feel welcome right away, Jesus, Georgette, Gintare, Fany, Jason, the tremendous Taylor :P they were all great staffeta and I consider them as friends. Never had a single complaint from start to finish

Clean, comfy and stylish. Hot showers, great sized rooms and lockers. Close to metro, shopping and sites.

The hostel is really modern-looking. The rooms for 4 with private bathroom are spacious, clean, the beds and the blankets are new. It also has shared bathrooms that are very clean and tidy. The included breakfast is poor, but if you pay an extra 3EUR/day/person you get a decent one! The staff is friendly and willing to help. Wi-Fi works fine. You have computers in the public areas, free water and even swings in the public areas! Definitely the BEST HOSTEL I've ever been too!

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The Uhostel is a nice hostel located close to the city centre. I stayed in the 8 person mixed dorm. The beds are very comfy and the rooms are super clean! The washroom facilities are spacious. Special shout out to Taylor, you rock! The events within the Hostel are COOL!

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to hear that the staff, location and facilities met your expectations. Looking forward to seeing you son!

Our room was double booked so we had some people try to come in while we were in there, which was mildly annoying. And because it had been double booked our key deactivated everyday after 11 so we had to reactivate it everyday. But other than that it was pretty good.

• 13th Dec 2014

Awesome hostel, friendly fun and very helpful staff, very clean and nice rooms. Would definitly live here again, money well spent!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

What a nice review! thank you very much. We look foward to welcoming you back to the hostel in the future.

All the staff were great... especially Erika (Colombian), Taylor (Chinese) and Jason (American).

The hostel is great but it lacks identity, everything is too Americanized. The beer at the bar is too expensive.

It's an old house but really good facilities, clean and helpful staffs.

Really nice design and clean bathroom.

Excellent location, very near from everything, it's a very nice hostel, I really recommend, the staff (At least the guys who work at night are great, very nice and polite, the girl in the afternoon not at all. The only problems was the radiator, first days was freezing