U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

This was the first hostel I had ever stayed at - if far surpassed my expectations. Staff were so nice and give you a city map on arrival. It is ridiculously clean. Bright colours, fresh paint - and the bathrooms are always tidy. The rooms are air conditioned and have a balcony that has a great view. A locker is provided for you - however you need to have your own lock to secure your belongings. 100m from a metro - you cannot miss it. Stay here.

This is a great hostel! I would recommend it to my friends. The only "problem" we had were noisy/rude roommates. Each bed has a locker, bed light, outlet, and a shelf. Nice, clean bathrooms too!

I've stayed at a lot of hostels throughout my travels, so it's tough to pick the best one, but U Hostel easily is one of the best, an excellent way of relaxing, socializing, partying (if you so choose), or going on a pub crawl or walking tour while enjoying the sublime city of Madrid. The location is good, close to two Metro stops, and there always is something really fun to do every night, even if it's just grabbing a few drinks at the hostel bar. Special shoutouts to Roberto Carlos and Pablo.

Very cheap Flamenco show here is fantastic and great value for money. The staff are very friendly and happy to help and will always make sure you're having a good time. Especially the guide Roberto Carlos. The free bike tour is pretty good too just note they don't always start on time. Dorm rooms are very spacious and bathrooms are kept nice and clean. Excellent wifi even in the rooms. About a 20 min walk from the main squares. Must book here!

This hostel is best of best in my life

I loved this hostel, beds were comfortable, clean rooms and bathrooms. Computers to use on every level. Awesome movie room, great lounge area to meet people or play some drinking games. Would recommend this hostel!

• 1st Aug 2014

U Hostel was possibly the best hostel I have stayed at in Europe. The facilities were fantastic! Clean, new and spacious, with the bar downstairs and friendly staff. Would absolutely stay at U Hostel Munich again :)

Extended my stay here for a week. Room 54 is the most beautiful dorm I've seen in over a year of travel - light, bright

Start with the good: - The rooms and bathroom area were very clean and well maintained - Our room had a huge window/patio area that looked out on to the street which was very cool - The tapas experience we had with Pablo was a lot of fun and the food was delicious The bad: - Had an iPod stolen by a member of the cleaning crew; all other people had checked out and they were the only people in the room. So if you're staying here be wary of the contracted cleaning company!

Great hostel. Sad my train was delayed but I still had to pay the whole day even do I didn't stay there that night. Breakfast was real simple. Arriving at hostel was simple by train. Facilities were extremely clean. Room were nice sized and liked the size of the in room lockers. Bathroom on rooms were a nice touch as well. Only bad is with the breakfast (sort of felt cheap compared to other hostels) and lift as sometimes people do not close doors.

One of the Best hostels on our trip. It was far cheaper than some other hostels we stayed in and quite luxurious (for a hostel). Computer rooms, and then another computer on our floor, with an adorable swing next to it on some fake grass - very cute setting. Lots of showers and toilets and quite clean with the odd exception. Very white and bright room, amazing view from our balcony on the 4th floor. Cool hang out areas. Only downside being there didn't appear to be a bar.

Great place! The should improve breakfast

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Europe. My one and only complaint is the that the Wifi wasn't working my second night which is really important for me.

• 28th Jul 2014

Great Hostel! The staff was friendly and the building was really flawless. The only thing is there were several large groups of college and high school students (I think, but I could just be older now and college and HS student are harder to differentiate) so I didn't really meet anyone there. But that just could be tired awkward me that was only there for 2 nights.

Staying in the Uhostel Madrid was one of the best part of Madrid . The hostel is superclean and the atmosphere is really cozy, they have cinema ,bar ,walking tours... So its a wonderfull hostel

• 26th Jul 2014

The air conditioning was very nice considering it was 40 degrees out. The staff were also very friendly and helpful, and I also learned a lot about the city on the walking tour offered every day by the hostel. I would definitely recommend this hostel to somebody staying in Madrid.

The best. Free dinner, amazing staff, great security, great location. Did I mention great staff, Angel is the man. Did not pay cover charge once and hit up the best clubs.

Great location and facilities. Did not feel like I was staying in a hostel. Will definitely be staying at U hostels again

Amazing modern hostel, great night life nearby. Staff at this hostel are amazing! Roberto needs a pay rise!

When we checked in the hostel, a person (Roberto Carlos) approached us so friendly. He takes care about the atmosphere in the hostel and his enthusiasm was catching our group! Because of him we were able to learn other foreigners much more quicker than in other hostels. We call him, the connected guy!

• 21st Jul 2014