U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

I spent my last night in Europe here and it was well worth it. Big thanks to the hostel staff for making it a great experience; Jessie for the food recommendations and her bar skills, Erica for the tours, tapas nights and enthusiasm, and the others I didn't get the names of, but just being awesome at reception.

Thank you! thank you, thank you! Many thanks for your comment! we really enjoy working at U hostels with great guests like you! is awesome that you had such a great experience!

This was my first stay in a hostel ever and I was more than satisfied with this experience. The showers were very clean which was a big thing. The beds were very spacious and I got wifi everywhere I was. The staff was very very friendly, accommodating and awesome!

• 10th Jan 2014

We are very happy that your first stay in a hostel was a wonderful experience that’s to our staff and our facilities!

U Hostels is a great option to stay in Madrid, well located an helpfull crew. Join the free walking tour and tapa's experience, both were great. Breakfast offer could be better, very limited compared to other hostel free offers.

So many thanks for your comment! we will take note of it! We know that our free breakfast is basic, but for only 3€ you can get a super breakfast that you won't need to eat. Our free breakfast is the max we could offer without increasing the room price :( Hope you could understand

Enjoyed the nice community room/dining room

We are happy that you make new friends in our common areas and that you enjoyed our hostel many thanks

Very beautiful place and very clean! Wasn't worried about security and the people were very nice. Comfy sense of community. The view from our room was great and it is right next to some great sights in Lisbon including a breathtaking viewpoint. Highly recommended!

• 2nd Jan 2014

This hostel was extremely clean and modern. I was here for New Year's Eve and really enjoyed the party they organized in the bar downstairs. It's centrally located in a nice, safe neighborhood, about a 10-15 minute walk from Plaza de Sol and close to two metro stations.

Large dormitory with lockers inside the room, clean bathroom, breakfast included, large common areas, great location! Except the problem that we could't turn the heating down, we enjoyed our stay at the U hostel and recommend it!

Incredible hostel! Everything was so clean and new. The staff was very helpful and the other travelers were very friendly. This was one of the most up to date hostels I've been to. The rooms are really great dormitories and the beds even include night lights. I loved it

The best hostel I've ever been to. The staff is always there to help you, the rooms are amazing, the bathrooms are super clean, the location is great and it is really save. And there is a bar downstairs, which helps the ones who want to party.

Great rooms, comfy beds, wonderful lounge and bar and movie room, and close to public transit. Sparse book shelf with some nice photo and travel books. Very meager breakfast, though you can purchase more food (a slight bit more for 3 Euros or so); Only one induction burner in the kitchen, dull knives, no skillets, sometimes meager dining ware. I had the same experience as the "mixed review" regarding staff and other elements.

The room was VERY spacious. I stayed at 6 bed room that could comfortably accomodate 8 people. Water fountains on every floor was a really nice touch. But, on the other side, I wasn't a fan of their breakfast policy. You could have 2 toasts for free, and pay for 2 more, with slices of ham, cheese or something like that. I'd rather like they charged everyone that wanted to eat breakfast there, but not counted the number of toast or slices of ham I'm eating. They felt cheap doing that.

I thought the hostel, as well as the staff, was the best I've ever been in. In addition, the location couldn't be better.

• 23rd Dec 2013

it was a good stay and we really enjoyed it, thanks.

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

A very nice walking tour with Harry!

A mixed review: The staff are cold, distant, and quite unwilling to provide assistance (let alone any information about the hostel, upon arrival (note: we had to ask the flippant receptionist where our room/kitchen/lounge/bar were, because she too occupied to find the time to give a basic verbal tour, during check-in)). The hostel facilities are equally cold, sterile, and void of life. The hostel is immaculately clean, the bedding is fresh, showers hot, security excellent, and events offered.

Many thanks for your comments, we really appreciate that you liked our outstanding facilities, our design, location and our super clean hostel I would like to apologize if our staff didn't treat you well, our goal is that you have an amazing experience of Madrid and this start for us at your check-in. We can't understand why you weren't provided with a basic introduction to our hostel. You have to understand that in low season there is less people thus less atmosphere. Hope you enjoy Madrid.

I had a great experience at UHostel. The room, showers, and toilets were clean. The hostel staff all spoke English and easily answered all of my questions. Everyone was really nice and the common area was a great place to meet other travelers. They offer events like pub crawls, a walking tour of the city, a Flamenco outing, and more. Harriet gave a great tour of the city. Ari and Patricia lead some fun crawls and Pablo helped explain Flamenco. It is walking distance to everything too.

• 12th Dec 2013

An Amazing hostel with very nice staff!!

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Best hostel I have stayed in since i have been in europe. For the price it was way better than expected. Facilities and atmosphere was incredible, lounge area was nice to rest up in. Minus having to pay for the towels i have no complaint at all.

• 7th Dec 2013

It´s a good hostel, really well located, very close tothe central station. Staffs are friendly and the breakfast is good as well. Also free walking tour.

The staff was great and very helpful. The activities were good but not as great a value as originally thought. I attended the flamenco dancing demo and there was no male dancer with the female dancer so the effect was not as good I also thought the narration lacked some authenticity. Nevertheless, I enjoyed spending time with fellow hostelers and made new friends because of the event. Overall, I have enthusiastically recommended my stay as uhostels. Thank you Elizabeth Calderon

• 1st Dec 2013