U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Hands down, the best hostel I've stayed at in all of Europe. Very spacious, clean rooms and bathrooms. Staff were very friendly and helpful with local knowledge. Must stay here if you're going to Madrid!

One of the best hostels we stayed at! Loved it!

Upon arrival to the hostel, I was happy that we were able to spilt the cost of the bill at check in. This made it easy so that no one needed to owe the person who made the reservation. Also, the check in lady accounted for the fact that the person who made the reservation had to pay an online deposit. The amenities of the hostel were nice and there were ample showers and WCs for people to use on each floor. The hostel is also near to two metro stops which made travel in Madrid really easy.

I had a positive experience at the hostel but I feel as though much more could have been done by the staff. There were no directions given about choosing rooms. I also had no idea about many of the group activities that were offered. Upon leaving I learned that there was a cinema with movie nights! The place was pretty clean and I lived the swings. The public computers on each floor were also useful. It was situated between two metro stops so good for travel.

Such a great hostel, such great value for money, excellent facilities, The bathrooms were very clean, there was an awesome cinema room, a bar downstairs (which could use some more furniture tbh) and an awesome cook in the common area after 830 who was so so nice. An awesome atmosphere and design. The only negative things are that the beds are not assigned and so caused some confusion our first night and no wifi in the common room but you should be socializing in that room anyways!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!! I would highly recommend this hostel. It's layout and organisation was great. The rooms were very modern and clean and the staff and common area were fabulous. Definitely stay here on your next trip to Madrid!!

I have written a few answers but no internet. Every thing as I ticked of was excellent, staff friendly helpful supportive, I send you all a big hug and thank you for all your help. Clean , spacious, beds have curtain so more privacy , great out door porch , Food breakfast very good, kitchen facilities good. Thank you from my heart for every thing Lora hillel

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Dear Guest! thank you so much for your great comment! we are really glad you had an awesome hostel experience! we will keep giving our best for our guests!! many thanks!!!

Really modern, clean and funky. Great communal areas, small kitchen but enough to so what you need to so. Cleannnn showers!!!! So important!!! Had a nice stay here

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We like to make sure every little detail is taking care of so we can provide the best service. .We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again when you are back!

Breakfast was poor

• 4th Jul 2014

Perfect hostel, couldnt ask for anything more

Enjoyed our stay, thanks to Roberto Carlos' hospitality. Wonderfully clean facilities, and an awesome movie room perfect for relaxing. Wifi worked in the rooms, and there was even swings in the hallways as an added touch. Great location, steps from Chueca. Will definitely be back.

Such a beautiful Hostel, so cute and adorable. Loved the swings !! I would say it is on par to a hotel. Location is good, cleanliness very good and the staff were really friendly. Definitely the best hostel I've come across

The facilities are great, bathrooms and rooms very clean, and we enjoyed the Flamenco night and the walking tour. However, we had more of a hotel experience than a hostel experience in UHostels. Didn't get to know a lot of people. PS: the swings in the hallway are lovely!

Met some of the best people at this hostel, pub crawl was awesome from what I remember! Awesome location, staff were getting stuck into the party aswell! Only 1 thing, some idiot spewed all through the hall. It didn't get cleaned up till mid morning. Result of a good pub crawl I guess

Hi I didn't stay at your hostel that night. There has been a mistake made by either the hostel or busabout with the booking. The day I booked was the 11th of July. It is a pre tour booking that leaves on the 12th. Please don't take payment for not turning up, it is my friends card. I was planning on paying cash for the rest of the payment on arrival. I will contact busabout tomorrow to try and resolve this issue.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Great location. Funky rooms that were very cleaned regularly and kept tidy. Room security was not ideal as there was a problem with the door actually closing.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Amazing hostel. The best hostel we have stayed in so far. Very clean and great facilities!

Have been travelling for the past 4 weeks and this was hands down the most spacious modern hostel we have stayed at (double with private ensuite) .great clean facilities and helpful staff!! Would definitely stay again if we ever came back to madrid, the tip based walking tour through the hostel was also one of the best! Thanks Pablo!

Great hostel, has a movie room, bar, and club underneath it.

They had a mix-up with the reservations and we had to switch rooms part way through our stay, but the staff were apologetic for the inconvenience, gave us free special breakfast coupons, and adjusted our bill so we did not overpay for the new rooms.