U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Fabulous location but on the whole a bit dull on the atmosphere

Central location, very close to all the attractions. Highly recommend.

This hostel was my first stop in my eurotrip. it was the first hostel I have been in my life. Most of the staff were friendly, I felt comfortable at the place. This hostel is located at walking distance of several museums and attractions and It seems like a safe area. The common areas, restrooms and rooms were clean and modern. I enjoy the walking tour with Harriet. She is a knowledgeable and entertaining lady. I learnt so many facts with her. Pedro (aka Pablo) is cool. I recommend uhostel!

I thought the breakfast was a disgrace and the coffee very bad served in a glass!!!

What an awesome stay with good people. Roberto Carlos was the best host. I have never stayed in a hostel where I had such a great time. Will def return to U Hostel and Madrid.

• 8th Jun 2014

Big hostel but very quiet in the accommodation floors. Helpful and nice staff. Quite nicely located close to several metro stations, so easy acces from/to airport and also to centre, if using metro. By walking already a bit far away from the centre and main sights. Elevator was often not available, because people forgot to close the doors, which were quite stiff and therefore difficult to open and close. Without luggage that is not such big problem, but with luggage...

Really cool comfortable hostel. Proper mattresses and huge rooms. Movie room was amazing.

Clean, nice, new hostel. Had a great stay! My only suggestion is they need to update the directions on how to get to the hostel (the ones in the confirmation email). When you get off the metro, there is a 7-street intersection and the directions were vague, so we got lost trying to find it. Otherwise had a great stay!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, the staff were great and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. Thanks Carlos and the friendly lady on reception!

best hostel I've stayed at!! Rooms were spacious and clean, showers were hot and had a separate dressing area and the bar downstairs was great. They put a movie on for us while we waited for our washing (cheapest washing/drying I've found too) and all the extra activities they provided were great.

Great place. The level my room was on smelled like there was sewerage issued. Fun events led by Roberto Carlos(?) through the hostel. Definitely worth doing!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Everything about Uhostel was fantastic! Hostel building was beautiful even to the door balconies, both elevators, clean space, wooden style sitting area, movie room, reading room. Staff were very helpful especially the one man advertising the weekly activities-so friendly/funny. The swings, fountain and pc in our level were a hit-great idea!! Cant wait to stay with you again. Location was perfect, walking distance to everything. We did not need to metro. I would recommend sensor lockers.

I had really high expectations because this hostel was rated so highly. I was pretty disappointed. The staff was not accommodating and the room smelled terribly and so did the sheets. I stayed at many hostels during my trip and this was the only one that made you pay for a lock. The security deposit was practically what I paid just for my one night stay which is absurd.

• 1st Jun 2014

The best hostel I've seen!

Our private room was very large and comfortable. We liked the movie room. The one elevator not working when the doors left open was pretty bad when you have to walk up to the 5th floor and then find out your key card isn't working. My main issue was the breakfast, two pieces of toast and a glass of either orange juice or coffee and you have to cross your name off a list. This was the only hostel we stayed at in Europe that limited breakfast in this way.

Thats a good hostel, with comfortable beds, clean rooms and good location. The breakfast is simple and the atmosphere could be better. Recommended !

U hostels feels like one of those forward trending hostels; there's daily activities ranging from movie screening, parties, walking tours for it's guests. Breakfast 's included but expect nothing more fanciful than 2 slices of bread with self service butter/ jam and a berverage.

I loved my stay here. The facilities were extremely clean, all the showers and sinks worked well, and the computers worked. They even have their own small movie viewing room where I was able to see a screening of a movie in English, which was a nice taste of home. It is a bit of a walk to the major museums, but not too bad. The free breakffast was a nice touch. The beds were very comfortable and each had its own outlet and light.

Great Hostel! Very Clean, spatious room! Staff a little rude.. But very clean place! close to attractions and metro

Friendly staff, a lot of shower room and always clean. There only one thing to complain is the breakfast really poor.