U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The room was boiling hot at night (november) because of the heating that couldn't be controlled from the room. Other than that, it was an excellent place to stay!

U Hostel experience was good in general, I stayed for five nights and I didn't have any major issues. I even used the washing machine, I watched a movie and everything was OK. Staff was friendly and helpful although not very punctual when it came to serve breakfast (I needed to go to work early). Cleanliness could also improve but overall I recommend it to anyone visiting Madrid since its location is good and facilities are modern!

• 24th Nov 2013
  • Spain

For the value, U Hostel was the best experience i have ever had in a hostel in Europe. The facilities were very clean and safe. The breakfast upgrade for 3€ was very good. The wifi worked perfectly and the bathrooms were spotless. The only downside was that the rooms were a bit cold. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• 24th Nov 2013

Amazing fun and friendly staff. The showers and bathrooms were spotless. Beds were very spacious even on the bottom bunk. The environment in the hostel was great, the lounging area was comfortable giving the ability to meet other travelers. Kitchen is well equipped, large fridge, only one burner though. Well worth staying a few days, specifically Thurs/Fri/Sat to take advantage of their daily activities and spend a night in the bar located under the hostel. So many good things about this place.

I like the lounge area. You can socialize and you can also relax. The rooms are really spacious! Even though I am in like a 10 people dorm, you definitely have your own private area where you can relax. I love hostels which gives you your own electricity outlet next to your bed.

It's one of my best place during traveling in Europe. It need for around 30min to go there by Metro. But I definitely recommend to stay here!! Not only good facilities but also a kind of activity this hostel provide it!!! So good memories I gain it from here!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in my life

just perfect!

The location is pretty good, and just a block from the metro station, making it easy to get just about anywhere in Madrid. The facilities are top-notch, with plenty of sinks, toilets, and showers on each floor so I never had to wait once. The kitchen and common area are also very modern and nice.

Brand new hostel, sparkling clean. Only comment was that in a shared dorm sleeping 6, I was the only woman, which was not the best situation in the world, but I did opt for shared so fair enough

This was our first time staying in a hostel. It was a great experience. Staff and patrons were so friendly. The extra activities you could do were fun. We did the Flamenco Night which was a local group who perform in the basement of a building which is a cave. You would never find this on your own. The hostel was so clean, appreciated that.

This was a really clean hostel. The staff gave a great service and the location was good. The kitchem was well maintained. I stayed in a four bedroom dorm that was ensuite. The room conatined a locker and a clean bathroom. I would recommend the activities. Erica, Vivianna and Patrice did the activities I participtaed in. I did two pub crawls, drinking games and the tapas night out. They where are very good. Erica did the free walking tour and brought the group to a good Restaurant after the tour

A fairly large hostel with good modern facilities. Only the basic breakfast - 2 slices of toast and juice - is free. The Tapas tour doesn't provide good value for money and the "Tapas" is mainly bread.

I had such an amazing time at U Hostels. From the walking tour, to the pub crawl to the Halloween party! All of the staff were super nice and I would come back in a second. The location was amazing because you were able to walk to all the main tourist places! The twins were amazing and very nice, as well as all the rest of the staff. I would recommends this hostel to any young travellers!!

• 28th Oct 2013

U hostel is immaculate kept and decorated. Staff mostly helpful. One of few places in Madrid with a bar, and a pretty good bar. Except for 1 unhelpful woman on reception the only criticism is being tight with breakfast, not necessary to count slices of bread for each person or have a milk monitor, also tea and coffee isn´t included, which it should. However the place was nice and private rooms, particularly the en-suites, are just great, better than a hotel. The showers too, are excellent!

The location is great. You have 2 different subway stations very close to the hostel, beyond nice places to take a good (and cheap) breakfast, lunch or dinner and little markets. The only thing I believe they need to check is the internet that was very very slow and a lot of times didn't work. But I recommend this hostel for sure!

One of the best hostels I have ever been! Great location, great staff. The rooms are super nice and modern. The breakfast is just toast and coffee, but is free :) Activities are great, there is even a Flamenco night!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »