U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

I was very happy with the atmosphere of this hostel and the rooms were very comfortable. Staff was begrudging to talk sometimes. Other times they were very helpful, showed where I could find the market. I was most annoyed that I didn't get breakfast. This was my last night in Spain, and I specifically booked this hostel so that I could have a good breakfast. But I needed to go to the airport before the breakfast was ready. They didn't provide any suplement, like some toast, water, a fruit, anyth

It was a beautiful hostel. Was pretty dead when I was there though. Didn't have the chance to meet other people.

To be honestly, for this price could have offered better breakfast than only 2 toast. Or even breakfast is not included. Facility looks quite new, staff frienly, very nice bar just beside.

I really like the modern style of this hostel. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. The location is also great, just a few meters away from the metro, short walk to the park etc. The atmosphere in the hostel on the other hand is quite cold. The breakfast routine is ridiculous and when I arrived early the first day, the girl just barked at me that check in is at 2 (sry - just wanted to leave my bag and go for a walk). Not a nice welcome...

Met many nice people, the reception was very helpful, and together with a couple of other hostels they offered an excellent (free) city tour on Saturday morning in my case.

the rooms and bathrooms were REALLY good, although ours was a lot bigger then others. kitchen and bar area and well planned out. when in your rooms you feel far away from everything as you have to get an elevator to them. the Mexican guy who runs the pubs crawls is awesome and took us to an club even though we didn't go on the pub crawl they have their own bar which they took the whole hostel down to when we all started drinking. overall was good, but not the best for young social backpackers!

amazing Hostel! Great atmosphere.. Highly recommended for solo travelers!

Good beds and excellent showers - quite impersonal in the way that big hostels are, but not a bad place to stay. Not as central as some other Madrid hostels, but close to a couple of metro stops.

I had a really great stay at Uhostels, I would recommend it to anyone! Also the staff were extremely fun and helpful! The atmosphere was amazing which made it very easy to meet new people. My last night was awesome, we played a bunch of drinking games and the staff did really well to keep the games going and keep everyone involved. Big ups to Jason for that!

• 15th May 2014
  • South Africa

everything good…location,staff,atmosphere,cleanliness,facilities…I love this hostel.

• 14th May 2014
  • Thailand

Stayed only one night wish I stayed longer. The bathrooms were nice And modern. Staff was great and friendly. Def worth the money. The pubcrawl on weds night was good. Also had a nice tiny patio in bedroom with big doors to let some air in on hot nights. Would recommended this to anyone!

Hard to fault this really, the whole set up is great. Staff were incredibly helpful and came across as really genuine. I wish I could remember the name of the Spanish girl who seemed to be in charge in reception she was so helpful. I did the walking tour there as well which was great - run by an English girl (Harriet I think!) really good. Tip - when you get to your room and can't find the duvet or pillow - look in the locker! Would stay there again without hesitation.

Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. I wish we'd been able to stay a few more nights

I had an overnight layover in Madrid and this hostel had amazing reviews and solo many. It was literally the nicest hostel I have ever been too, SUPER clean. The only downside: I wish there was a survey that asked what kind of person you were to put you in similar rooms. I had an early flight the next day to the America and a mom, grandmother and very young daughter got to the room around 10pm. They were all laughing and coughing and snoring all night….Needless to say, didn't get much sleep :(

• 13th May 2014

Had a great time staying here, very friendly environment. Especially loved Sarah downstairs and the walking tour with Erika

Its a nice hostel with everything, the only thing it's missing is culture. I enjoy a hostel where I can meet people around the world in the common area. This place didn't have a strong culture of that.

Staff were a bit seedy

Very nice and friendly hostel. Clean rooms, every bed has own electric socket and lamp for reading. Very nice common space. To lock your private box you should use your own luggage lock. Normal breakfast only for additional price. The hostel has it's own bar. choice is quite poor but there are some beer and other drinks.

At the time before I had stayed at U-Hostel Madrid, I had a problem with the wifi, that wasn't accessible from my room. This time however, I stayed at a 6-room with private bathroom, and the wifi worked! The room was very clean, looked new, etc. 10 out of 10 in every aspect. I'd like to thank the staff, specially to Javier(?) and Jason. And also Eddie and Erika (group events).

Great location. The showers were clogged a few times, but always fixed by the staff pretty quickly. They have a lot of events during the week. The tapas event for 10€ was a great deal!