U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Was a good place to stay on a quick pass through. Beds were kind of high though. I ended up being late coming in, and had last pick of beds. Wasn't too bad for two days.

It has been the best hostel that we've stayed at so far. We really appreciated the fact that everything was so clean and new. The staff was amazing and very helpful.

It's a clean, well kept spacious hostel. The breakfast is a bit sparse, but that's not unusual in hostels. The staff were friendly, and the hostel offers lots of activities such as pub crawls, and tapas tours if you're into that kind of thing. I will mentioned, however, that they air conditioned the living day lights out of the room I was in. This was nice immediately after stepping out of the hot Madrid sun, but within 15 minutes, I was shivering in my sweater. The other thing I would mention i

The location is perfect, two Metro stations to chose from. Each bed has its own light as well as electricity outlet. They even thought of the hooks in the shower. Cool place for younger travellers since it can get pretty loud at night. Breakfast is basic, would be easier to handle without queuing up for having a coffee. But altogether not a bad choice for a stay in Madrid.

Extremely clean and spacious room, helpful and friendly staff who speak perfect English! Hostel was just minutes away from metro and it was very convenient to get around. A lot of events were held but it was quiet at night. Truly enjoyed my stay here and will come back again!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

So many thanks! we are very happy you enjoyed our super clean and spacious rooms!! we wish you a great trip and hope to see u soon

I stayed 3 nights at U Hostel and everything was absolutely great. Very safe area, my friend and I travel from the US and we loved it. The staff pretty helpful Roberto such a great fun person. Very clean. I really didn't have any problems I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone one who's is looking for a safe fun a great and safe place

• 2nd Jun 2015

So many thanks for your recommendation! we really agree with you, there is no hostel located in such a safe area as we are and only walking distance to main highlights. you can enjoy the local Madrid staying with us! hope you have a great trip

The hostel is located in a good area between two Metro stops. The free walking tour was good. Some of the staff members are very kind and helpful. Others are not, which is my biggest complaint. There is generally one person working the desk, so it can take a LONG time for service. I gave up on trying to get laundry tokens after waiting 20 minutes. Also frustrating was the extremely slow Wi-Fi, which didn't even work sometimes.

Dear guest, many thanks for your comment, we are happy that you like our location and most of our staff. We are very sorry that you had to wait but probably you had bad luck with the time you arrived to the desk. During the day, we always have 2 people at reception and sometimes even more. The Wi-fi had been running bad because of the telephone company maintenance bu this have been fixed hope you can come again and enjoy the Madrid experience that you deserve

Fantastic stay. My suitcase was stolen before arrival and the staff were amazing in helping me through it. They loaned me some towels and helped me contact the police and tube staff. The atmosphere in the Hostel is great as the guests are all really friendly and collective. Great facilities too. I will 100% be staying again.

We were not there for very long but the small amount of time we were there it was beautiful, clean, and very safe!

So many thanks for your comment! we really wish you had stayed a bit more time in our hostel and enjoyed our city Many thanks

this place is so awesome. super helpful staff, they are very nice, clean clean clean. the bathrooms and rooms are so clean. I was in a room of 12 and had zero problems. they have something for you to do every day if need be. Harriott gave us a free walking tour and was so awesome. she rocked. they set up activities every night. Roberto Carlos leads most of the events, super friendly and a very nice guy. you have to stay here at UHOSTELS. I will definitely stay here again.

So Many thanks for your great comment! it makes us very happy to see that all our effort is producing a great experience! We will keep working hard so all our guests enjoys U Hostels and have the best experience ever in Madrid.

Great hostel. Very clean, helpful staff, good location and comfortable beds!

First hostel experience, wasn't that impressive if I'm being honest. The rooms were great and clean (all girls dorm). Pub crawl hosted was severely boring, but that's not the hostels fault. Security lockers were good. Didn't really have the greatest atmosphere and was kinda not too close to main hub of the city but for the price it wasn't bad. If I ever came back to Madrird I'd maybe stay there again.

The hotel was nice, clean and right in the center of everything. It was less then a 15 min walk to all the attractions

Be careful with a twelve person room as the occupants can be noisy well into the night. Some informal noise curfew say after eleven pm would be good in the bedrooms.

Only stayed for one night on a stopover in Madrid but was happy with my stay. staff were helpful, hostel was safe and clean.

Nice place to stay for a night or two. Didn't have the great community vibe I found at other hostels, but the facilities and beds are more than adequate.

the place and staff very good

This Hostel was amazing. It had large spacious rooms, swings to sit on, and the staff were very friendly. Location is very close to everything including the metro. My only complaint is that I did not have more time to stay there.

This is an excellent hostel. It is all ages and there is lots of open space to relax. A huge kitchen, dining/common area, a reading room, and a huge TV room. The rooms all have plugs and lights on each bed, and there are plenty of bathroom facilities. The staff is excellent. Roberto Carlos is so awesome and does everything he can to make your stay more enjoyable. Thanks Roberto! I am travel blogger, @backpacktheworld and I will always stay at this hostel when I am in Madrid.

We had a bad experience here due to the most HORRIFIC roommates you can ever imagine. But we realize that's not the hostels fault. In fact, when we had to go downstairs at 5:45am to get a new room, they were very accommodating and quick. The location isn't great- too far from the city center but the main facilities were pretty good. Overall, will not return, but that's mostly because we just had a bad experience with Madrid.