U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Perfect place to stay!

This was one of my favourite hostels to stay in. The staff was amazing and the atmosphere was good fun. Loved the swings and the theatre room and how they had something going on everynight! 100%

U Hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. First, the location is conveniently located in the middle of the city and very close to all the most popular tourist attractions. If you need to take the metro, the stop is a one minute walk from the hostel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and although I did not have a private bathroom for my stay, I found the large bathroom very clean and well maintained. The bar area can get very busy and makes it easy to meet people.

I was really impressed w this hostel. It was really clean, big and everyone was nice and helpful. It was in a safe location. As a solo traveller, I felt fine out on my own after dark. The bathrooms and showers were really nice. The showers had a space for changing. The beds were comfy and clean. It was a short walk to a lot of different sites and juat down the street from the metro. Thank you for the great stay.

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Clean, safe, massive dorm rooms, friendly staff. The area is nice - would recommend this area over the centre. Breakfast is basic... but I would stay here again if I was in Madrid.

Amazing hostel! Provided me with the best shower I have had all trip! There is also a cinema room so you can chill out and watch movies in your down time. Close to a subway but you can also walk to the Main Street and the park El Retiro. Loved it, stay here!

Such an awesome hostel, wish I could spent more time just for the hostel!

Met the best people ever!! Bunks a bit hard to climb into and showers could use a shelf. But overall wonderful!

Very good hostel, clean, great atmosphere. Having a bar downstairs and social areas was amazing. Bedrooms were very clean.

This place is hotel qualify with the hostel price. An in hostel bar and club make for a great time, but the highlight to this hostel are the spacious rooms and plenty of facilities. I had a selection of showers and bathrooms at all time and a computer available for use in the common area on each floor. I wish more hostels were of this caliber.

Many thanks for your great comments! We really appreciate that you loved our hostel. We wanted to create a hostel but with hotel quality! You really appreciated all our small details, like the plenty number of showers or our super big rooms! Of course, our U Hostels bar is also a Blast

Everything you need in a hostel

Impressed with this hostel, beautiful 5 story colonial building in a nice area of Madrid. Wifi was best we've had and the staff were brilliant going out of their way to ensure your questions and needs were met. Cool & funky interior, clean room, secure, really modern facilities. Cafe, Bar, Big TV, pub crawl. Friendly travellers. Would definetly stay here again. Top Hostel!!

Hands down, the best hostel I've stayed at in all of Europe. Very spacious, clean rooms and bathrooms. Staff were very friendly and helpful with local knowledge. Must stay here if you're going to Madrid!

One of the best hostels we stayed at! Loved it!

Upon arrival to the hostel, I was happy that we were able to spilt the cost of the bill at check in. This made it easy so that no one needed to owe the person who made the reservation. Also, the check in lady accounted for the fact that the person who made the reservation had to pay an online deposit. The amenities of the hostel were nice and there were ample showers and WCs for people to use on each floor. The hostel is also near to two metro stops which made travel in Madrid really easy.

I had a positive experience at the hostel but I feel as though much more could have been done by the staff. There were no directions given about choosing rooms. I also had no idea about many of the group activities that were offered. Upon leaving I learned that there was a cinema with movie nights! The place was pretty clean and I lived the swings. The public computers on each floor were also useful. It was situated between two metro stops so good for travel.

Such a great hostel, such great value for money, excellent facilities, The bathrooms were very clean, there was an awesome cinema room, a bar downstairs (which could use some more furniture tbh) and an awesome cook in the common area after 830 who was so so nice. An awesome atmosphere and design. The only negative things are that the beds are not assigned and so caused some confusion our first night and no wifi in the common room but you should be socializing in that room anyways!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!! I would highly recommend this hostel. It's layout and organisation was great. The rooms were very modern and clean and the staff and common area were fabulous. Definitely stay here on your next trip to Madrid!!

I have written a few answers but no internet. Every thing as I ticked of was excellent, staff friendly helpful supportive, I send you all a big hug and thank you for all your help. Clean , spacious, beds have curtain so more privacy , great out door porch , Food breakfast very good, kitchen facilities good. Thank you from my heart for every thing Lora hillel

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Dear Guest! thank you so much for your great comment! we are really glad you had an awesome hostel experience! we will keep giving our best for our guests!! many thanks!!!

Really modern, clean and funky. Great communal areas, small kitchen but enough to so what you need to so. Cleannnn showers!!!! So important!!! Had a nice stay here

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We like to make sure every little detail is taking care of so we can provide the best service. .We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again when you are back!