U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

The uHostel Madrid was really nice hostel to be. It was clean and secure which are my main things when choosing a hostel. Also the staff and atmosphere were great and it was really easy to meet some new people. On our 3 weeks interrail this one was the best hostel where we have been. There is also nice Free Walking tour through the city which was really nice, mostly thanks for our guide Harriet. There was also this Roberto Carlos who organized many events from pubcrawls to sangria nights.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Amazing hostel to stay at, very central location and lots of activities to take part in such as the walking tour every morning and the various activities at night to get to know your fellow travellers.

• 16th Jun 2014

Highly recommend U Hostel! The best hostel in my trip! The staff here is friendly and helpful, who help us a lot. The room is comfortable and the toilet is really clean.

Only here 1 night but easy to get to from the airport & you can walk or catch the subway to the sites. You can also walk to the cathedral/palace etc - about 30 minutes. Had flamenco show in the bar downstairs for 12 E. Would stay again if in Madrid

Great hostel. Would stay here again.

Great great! We really enjoyed our stay! Did our first walking tour and loved it! Thanks to Harriet! Many thanks!

Best hostel so far! More like a hotel. Loved the vibe and style of the hostel Perfect location and always something to do. Clean and the most comfiest beds.

The only reason I didn[t give Excellent for staff is because as soon as I arrived the lady that did my check-in was quite in a bad mood and didn[t pointed to me where were breakfast place, kitchen or anything. But the rest of the staff were absolutely lovely, everything was very tidy, good location and infrastructure. Highly recommend.

• 13th Jun 2014

Fabulous location but on the whole a bit dull on the atmosphere

Central location, very close to all the attractions. Highly recommend.

This hostel was my first stop in my eurotrip. it was the first hostel I have been in my life. Most of the staff were friendly, I felt comfortable at the place. This hostel is located at walking distance of several museums and attractions and It seems like a safe area. The common areas, restrooms and rooms were clean and modern. I enjoy the walking tour with Harriet. She is a knowledgeable and entertaining lady. I learnt so many facts with her. Pedro (aka Pablo) is cool. I recommend uhostel!

I thought the breakfast was a disgrace and the coffee very bad served in a glass!!!

What an awesome stay with good people. Roberto Carlos was the best host. I have never stayed in a hostel where I had such a great time. Will def return to U Hostel and Madrid.

• 8th Jun 2014

Big hostel but very quiet in the accommodation floors. Helpful and nice staff. Quite nicely located close to several metro stations, so easy acces from/to airport and also to centre, if using metro. By walking already a bit far away from the centre and main sights. Elevator was often not available, because people forgot to close the doors, which were quite stiff and therefore difficult to open and close. Without luggage that is not such big problem, but with luggage...

Really cool comfortable hostel. Proper mattresses and huge rooms. Movie room was amazing.

Clean, nice, new hostel. Had a great stay! My only suggestion is they need to update the directions on how to get to the hostel (the ones in the confirmation email). When you get off the metro, there is a 7-street intersection and the directions were vague, so we got lost trying to find it. Otherwise had a great stay!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, the staff were great and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. Thanks Carlos and the friendly lady on reception!

best hostel I've stayed at!! Rooms were spacious and clean, showers were hot and had a separate dressing area and the bar downstairs was great. They put a movie on for us while we waited for our washing (cheapest washing/drying I've found too) and all the extra activities they provided were great.

Great place. The level my room was on smelled like there was sewerage issued. Fun events led by Roberto Carlos(?) through the hostel. Definitely worth doing!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Everything about Uhostel was fantastic! Hostel building was beautiful even to the door balconies, both elevators, clean space, wooden style sitting area, movie room, reading room. Staff were very helpful especially the one man advertising the weekly activities-so friendly/funny. The swings, fountain and pc in our level were a hit-great idea!! Cant wait to stay with you again. Location was perfect, walking distance to everything. We did not need to metro. I would recommend sensor lockers.