U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

I had an overnight layover in Madrid and this hostel had amazing reviews and solo many. It was literally the nicest hostel I have ever been too, SUPER clean. The only downside: I wish there was a survey that asked what kind of person you were to put you in similar rooms. I had an early flight the next day to the America and a mom, grandmother and very young daughter got to the room around 10pm. They were all laughing and coughing and snoring all night….Needless to say, didn't get much sleep :(

• 13th May 2014

Had a great time staying here, very friendly environment. Especially loved Sarah downstairs and the walking tour with Erika

Its a nice hostel with everything, the only thing it's missing is culture. I enjoy a hostel where I can meet people around the world in the common area. This place didn't have a strong culture of that.

Staff were a bit seedy

Very nice and friendly hostel. Clean rooms, every bed has own electric socket and lamp for reading. Very nice common space. To lock your private box you should use your own luggage lock. Normal breakfast only for additional price. The hostel has it's own bar. choice is quite poor but there are some beer and other drinks.

At the time before I had stayed at U-Hostel Madrid, I had a problem with the wifi, that wasn't accessible from my room. This time however, I stayed at a 6-room with private bathroom, and the wifi worked! The room was very clean, looked new, etc. 10 out of 10 in every aspect. I'd like to thank the staff, specially to Javier(?) and Jason. And also Eddie and Erika (group events).

Great location. The showers were clogged a few times, but always fixed by the staff pretty quickly. They have a lot of events during the week. The tapas event for 10€ was a great deal!

It is very big hostel,a lot of customers ,sometime young people make aloud after 24 hrs. Staffs are good but not enough for sometime.

The shouldn't say "Free Breakfast" for just two slices of bread and a coffee. Just got the same on Way Hostel and they didn't say they included breakfast.

Dear guest, We are really sorry if you got confused. We actually specify in Hostelworld and our website that the Free breakfast includes 2 toasts (though you can asked for more), butter, jam, tumaca (spanish tomato sauce for breakfast) and coffee or orange juice. We like that all of our guest know exactly what we offer. Way some times gives breakfast, other times don't. You could have also notice that we have far better facilities than Way Hostel Hope you enjoyed your stay in Madrid

Loved U Hostels!! The place was great, clean and friendly. Host Eddie was great in making everyone feel welcome and made the nights fun! Harry on the walking tour made it enjoyable and interesting! Would recommend anyone to stay here and would definitely come back!

• 24th Apr 2014

The cleanliness factor was amazing and I enjoyed staying there. The beds were big and it was lovely and the best hostel in terms of cleanliness I have ever stayed in. The staff are however not as friendly. There was an issue with me being put in the wrong room and after 2 days I was then asked to move and when I declined to move the staff member Anika was quite unfriendly and abrupt. Other than that I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Im a student so ive stayed in many hostels and this one i absolutely. So clean, well decorated, nice beds, good staff. I have nothing bad to say about it. They are also in a perfect location, right in the city center where you are a 20 minute walk or less away from everything. It is right on the edge of Malasanya, a neighborhood with all the restaurants and bars you could want and it's right next to the metro and a straights shot to sol. I recommend it to everyone.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Had a good stay. Safe (key card to get into room and individual lockers), located 15min walk away from Sol, friendly atmosphere, clean. Staff are friendly and helpful, but solo female travellers beware of unsolicited advances by male staff.

• 21st Apr 2014

I loved the feel of the place, very well equipped and one of the newer and more modern hostels that I have stayed in & easy access from train station. Rooms were spacious and clean and the place smelt of bubblegum (girls dorm). Plenty of toilets and baths so I didnt have to wait to use them. Sufficient electrical outlets, with a lamp and socket at each bed. its a real plus. Great cafe/ kitchen! and movies available in the theaterette. Washing machine and dryer.. what else can I ask for!

It is a very nice hostel located in a nice area, about 15-20 mins walk to the central area. But Madrid is so small you can walk everywhere. I liked the area was away form the crowd and has great cafe and bars near by. And it is a very social hostel with a great kitchen and bar area.

I am so happy and satisfied with this hostel! The showers, toilets and rooms are GREAT! Location is awesome; me and my friends could not have asked for more! I will definately go back!

We are v satisfy with our stay

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Good location (next to Bilbao and Alonso Martinez metro stops), very clean and well-thought out dorm rooms and an amazing atmosphere. Something happens every night there as well as there being a cinema room and a great kitchen. Special mention to the staff as well - Jason, Diego, Natalia and Eddie are all fantastic and made it almost impossible to leave. Great hostel!

great hostel

Hands down the best hostel that I have stayed at in Spain. Great value for your money and super comfortable. Loved the personal outlets in each bed and area to put stuff. Good use of the space and doesn't feel over crowded. Staff is really helpful and can give you great suggestions of what to do and not to miss. Stayed at this hostel and another in Madrid and the whole time wished I would have made my booking the whole time at U Hostels. Loved my time here and in Madrid.