U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

This place was a dream. Everything is super duper clean! The nice bright feeling you get when you step in, the nice young atmosphere you get here, just everything is amazing. I had one of the rooms at the corner of the building on the last floor and it was the best! 4 balconies and a wonderful view. I believe every room has a balcony but this one had a lot. The breakfast is great although I recommend paying more for the coffee and the ham. The staff are all friendly. It costs 7 euros for laundry

Wi-fi wasn´t working properly..- Anyway had a good time!

• 27th Sep 2015

the u-hostel is near a metro-station and near downtown of madrid. in the hostel you have got a chilling/living-room, where you can meet other people. a nice bar and a cinema is there too,to relax and looking a movie film. the staff is very helpfull and friendly- you can meet a lot of people.

This is a big hostel.. So u would face some tipical problems .. Like unclean toilets, kitchen area .. In this case their kitchen was always dirty.. As many big hostels there wont be much of hostel gatherings like dinner n all ... So it does look great but isnt a great hostel at all Try to avoid it ..

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your review! We are a big hostel and we always do our best to make our entire hostel clean and tidy. We manage 3 times cleaning of our kitchen and bathrooms.. Though their situation mainly depends on their users. We can´t control them 24 hours. We also have several daily social activities (Paella nights, tapas tours, pub crawl, karaoke nights, walking tours...). Though we will take your comment into serious consideration! Thanks for your stay!

The staff here was super friendly and helpful anytime I asked them a question or needed assistance. The room was good size however with all my luggage and coming from flying all day the last thing I wanted was to have to take linens and make my own bed but the bed itself was comfortable. The shower rooms were decent sized but no where to put your toiletries in the room except on the floor unless you wanted to leave them out in the open space which for me is a bit awkward.

My stay at UHostels was amazing. The staff is awesome - I hung out with some of them almost every night. Rooms are spacious and beds are very comfy! Showers always have hot water. The tap water is cold and drinkable. The daily walking tour and nightly tapas tour are great. Both lobby bar and MeetMe bar downstairs are always fun and have a good crowd. Location is good, only a 20 min walk to main areas and nightlife district Malasaña is actually only about a 3 min walk. I will definitely be back!

Great hostel... kind staff... clean rooms... location is near train station which takes you anywhere... they have big lounges.. a movie room which u can sit around while waiting for your flight

• 21st Sep 2015

Dear traveller: Thank you so much for your review! We try to make our customers feel the hostel like their own home. We hope to see you soon! Best regards, Uhostels

Uhostel was by far one of my best hostel experiences. It was safe and extremely clean with a great atmosphere and great location. The staff was friendly and helpful and made my stay great :)

My review is very late! But I only stayed at uhostels for 1 night. Uhostels was in a great location close to two metro stops. It was very clean and the rooms were spacious! Great lighting and plenty of storage. I had a bathroom in my room of 6 but I preferred the community bathrooms. The showers and toilets were in private stalls so it felt more personal instead of bathroom in room. Complaints: breakfast was blah. They charge extra for condiments. Vibe wasn't as much of a community. nice staff.

Great all around hostel. Large, clean, lots of bathrooms and showers, nice staff. A good place to be!

Dear traveller: Thank you so much for your review! We try to keep the hostel clean everyday for the customers. We hope to see you soon! Best regards, Uhostels

Loved the personal touches on the female dorm level. Pink, hairdryers and mirrors etc.

Staff is very friendly! Rooms are very beautiful, spacious and beds are comfy. Breakfast is OK. The hostel is very close to a metro station and you can walk to some touristic places as well (although walking they're not that close). There is a lot of opportunities for solo travelers to meet other people in the common rooms and activities organized by the hostel. I'd go back there again!

This hostel is really beautiful and is perfectly located for travellers/backpackers looking to either just visit Madrid and go sight seeing and also party. The staff here is really helpful and more than willing to give any information regarding your requirements. Will definitely suggest this one to all my friends looking to travel through Madrid!! Awesome stuff!!

Dear traveller: Thank you so much for your review! We're happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you soon! Best regards, Uhostels

I really enjoyed my time at UHostel. So many good things to say! The location is perfect, in itself in a great neighborhood and walking distance to other great ones, as well as right next to a metro. The staff is very nice, they organize tapas tours, pub crawls and walking tours. Atmosphere is wonderful and easy to make friends. The beds are comfy, the dorms are huge, so at the end of it all a good nights sleep is guaranteed.

Dear traveller: We are happy that you enjoyed you experience at Uhostels! Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you soon. Best regards, Uhostels

The hostel is great, it's just that i slept in the upper bed and it was very difficult to climb it and i almost fell getting out of the bed, if you can just fix this thing. Everything else was good.

Staff really friendly and helpful. Located in a really great building and my room on the top floor for 6 people was huge and had a balcony and ensuit. The whole of the top floor smelt very strongly of urine though which wasn't pleasant.

• 7th Sep 2015

Dear customer, Thank you for the review. We hope you enjoyed your overall stay. We are sorry to hear the top floor had an unpleasant smell. We try top keep the floors as clean as possible, but unfortunate incidents happen. We are glad that you did enjoy your room and our staff! Once again, thank you for your stay. We hope to see you again and we will try to make you stay even better. Best regards, Uhostels

I was suprised to see the hostel had won awards when the facilities were shoddy. Some days there was no toilet paper, the showers were closed with no indication that it was necessary to go to showers on other floors. The bunk-beds were dangerous and too high and while I was there someone fell down the ladder.

We( my husband and self ) found everything about this Hostel excellent . Especially thought the staff ,( notably Jesus on the reception desk)were very friendly and helpful. It was very central to any where we wanted to go by foot as well as close to the Metro if needed. We have already recommended it to many people who are visiting Madrid.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Everything was really nice except the wifi sucked. Room are nice bathroom and showers very nice and clean and TV room is really cool for chilling and staff are nice

Dear customer, Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We clean our bathrooms multiple times every day, and we try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Best regards, Uhostels

A very clean and luxurious hostel. Good people and very good facilities. Bed was super comfy. Computer terminal, print for free.. well equipped. I didnt have to spend anything xtra as i was prepared with trvel stuffs like towel, flipflop etc. Service was xtra ordinary

• 4th Sep 2015
  • India

Dear customer, Thank you so much for the review, and thank you for the compliments. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We try to be as much at your service as we can. We hope to see you again one day! Best regards, Uhostels