U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

The shouldn't say "Free Breakfast" for just two slices of bread and a coffee. Just got the same on Way Hostel and they didn't say they included breakfast.

Dear guest, We are really sorry if you got confused. We actually specify in Hostelworld and our website that the Free breakfast includes 2 toasts (though you can asked for more), butter, jam, tumaca (spanish tomato sauce for breakfast) and coffee or orange juice. We like that all of our guest know exactly what we offer. Way some times gives breakfast, other times don't. You could have also notice that we have far better facilities than Way Hostel Hope you enjoyed your stay in Madrid

Loved U Hostels!! The place was great, clean and friendly. Host Eddie was great in making everyone feel welcome and made the nights fun! Harry on the walking tour made it enjoyable and interesting! Would recommend anyone to stay here and would definitely come back!

• 24th Apr 2014

The cleanliness factor was amazing and I enjoyed staying there. The beds were big and it was lovely and the best hostel in terms of cleanliness I have ever stayed in. The staff are however not as friendly. There was an issue with me being put in the wrong room and after 2 days I was then asked to move and when I declined to move the staff member Anika was quite unfriendly and abrupt. Other than that I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Im a student so ive stayed in many hostels and this one i absolutely. So clean, well decorated, nice beds, good staff. I have nothing bad to say about it. They are also in a perfect location, right in the city center where you are a 20 minute walk or less away from everything. It is right on the edge of Malasanya, a neighborhood with all the restaurants and bars you could want and it's right next to the metro and a straights shot to sol. I recommend it to everyone.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Had a good stay. Safe (key card to get into room and individual lockers), located 15min walk away from Sol, friendly atmosphere, clean. Staff are friendly and helpful, but solo female travellers beware of unsolicited advances by male staff.

• 21st Apr 2014

I loved the feel of the place, very well equipped and one of the newer and more modern hostels that I have stayed in & easy access from train station. Rooms were spacious and clean and the place smelt of bubblegum (girls dorm). Plenty of toilets and baths so I didnt have to wait to use them. Sufficient electrical outlets, with a lamp and socket at each bed. its a real plus. Great cafe/ kitchen! and movies available in the theaterette. Washing machine and dryer.. what else can I ask for!

It is a very nice hostel located in a nice area, about 15-20 mins walk to the central area. But Madrid is so small you can walk everywhere. I liked the area was away form the crowd and has great cafe and bars near by. And it is a very social hostel with a great kitchen and bar area.

I am so happy and satisfied with this hostel! The showers, toilets and rooms are GREAT! Location is awesome; me and my friends could not have asked for more! I will definately go back!

We are v satisfy with our stay

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Good location (next to Bilbao and Alonso Martinez metro stops), very clean and well-thought out dorm rooms and an amazing atmosphere. Something happens every night there as well as there being a cinema room and a great kitchen. Special mention to the staff as well - Jason, Diego, Natalia and Eddie are all fantastic and made it almost impossible to leave. Great hostel!

great hostel

Hands down the best hostel that I have stayed at in Spain. Great value for your money and super comfortable. Loved the personal outlets in each bed and area to put stuff. Good use of the space and doesn't feel over crowded. Staff is really helpful and can give you great suggestions of what to do and not to miss. Stayed at this hostel and another in Madrid and the whole time wished I would have made my booking the whole time at U Hostels. Loved my time here and in Madrid.

This hostel is awesome. Super comfortable, cool decoration and great staff. the location is also very good, a few blocks to a metro station.

• 18th Apr 2014

Definitely one of the best hostels i stayed in so far. Rooms (i failed to book one room for all days and had to change it once during my stay) were the largest and cleanest i've seen. Staff very friendly and helped eagerly.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Really clean EVERYWHERE, non-creeky beds, excellent wifi and resourceful staff. Location is excellent. I didn't have the b'fast so I cannot comment but I would definitely stay here again in future. Girls, don't bother with a private bathroom dorm because the common bathrooms are excellent.

From all the cities I visited this month in Europe, Madrid was definitely the best one. Not only because the city itself but specially because of the hostel I stayed. Very nice neighborhood, important streets and avenues around, floors very clean and mainly the activities the hostel provided during the week. Eddie, the guy which takes care of the pub crawls, received me very well and was very careful with us and made my night funnier! very nice memories about UHostels.

I've stayed there for a week, felt as close as it can to my home. I'm sure I'll be back there, hope it will be soon. Gracias for an amazing vacation

Nice hostel in a goody location. Staff was friendly and the hostel always had some fun event going on in the evening.

Overall facilities were very good, but wifi didn't work upstairs. I'd like to say thank you to the staff, who were really great! I loved the flamenco presentation they had downstairs in the "Meet Me" bar. Also the activities were really good for meeting people.

Lovely staff!!!