U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Awesome hostel. I will definitely go back here.

The staff was very nice and helpful, clea bedrooms and great common spaces. The bathrooms had a sewage problem so wasn't the cleanest. Kitchen was very small with very few pots and pans and the stove was a hotplate that worked fine. Overall great experience and great people!

Very nice hostel. There are a lot of showers and toilets so you never have to wait. Pretty clean also. For breakfast you don't have to clean the dishes so that's nice.

The hostel is very clean And well decorated. The bathrooms are very nice And it also provides lots os fun acrivities. Most foi the staff is lovely, except for one blonde fiel at reception, who was very rude.

The checkin time is very late (2pm) and the crowd is very young. The crowd seemed to be mostly individuals in their early twenties looking to party.

• 22nd May 2015

A great hostel but several times I had to wait a long time to get attention at the reception. You should have more than one person attending at the check out time.

Arrived late Friday night last. Great friendly staff throughout. No problem checking in and the staff answered all question I had. They provided a great walking tour which set the tone for a very enjoyable weekend. I got to see so much and their guide/map is very useful too. Great prices and for 3 nights, I had a cheap, excellent quality stay in a 12 bed mixed dorm in a superb central location! Thanks to all at Uhostel for an enjoyable first stay in Madrid

• 22nd May 2015

This hostel was absolutely amazing. The hostel itself is super open, spacious and clean (They had daily cleaning staff). The atmosphere- daily FREE walking tours with Pablo was so fun and a very cool way to learn about the cities history while chatting with other people, nightly pub runs, free sangria nights and organized dinners for a fee. Thanks to Roberto for leading all the fun activities! if your looking to meet others, this is the place to go.

Confusing layout. Very very loud. Only really good for English-speakers looking to get obnoxiously drunk

Wifi is not working all the time

Really grrat place to meet people and have some parties

The bedrooms are extremely big, but the bathrooms are quite small. There could be more tables in the bathroom to set items on to make it more clean for guests. The toilet dispenser made it hard to get toilet paper.

Erica was very helpful in giving us recommendations for what to do in Madrid. My husband and I came for our honeymoon and everyone was SO welcoming and happy to celebrate with us. It made our stay very special. They set up wine, swan towels, and chocolate in our room for us to be surprised with. THANK YOU!

Fantastic hostel and the best set up to meet new people!

Nice facilities, free breakfast was good. If you get a chance, do the walking tour with Pablo he is very well informed about Madrid and entertaining as well.

I had a great time! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked for recommendations as to where to eat for dinner each night and was very pleased. I participated in the walking tour Saturday morning and definitely enjoyed it. I did the bar crawl Saturday night with a group from people staying at the hostel and we had a lot of fun. The rooms were very clean and provided everything I needed. Thanks U Hostels for a great time in Madrid!

Everything is good. The staff is friendly, the location is easy to get major tourist spots.

Great hostel: looks new even if it's not, clean, good breakfast, nice staff - no complain at all, would come back!

This was the best hostel experience I've had so far. My friend and I were in a mixed 6 bed room...there was SO much room.. Plus a bathroom for just us 6 to use. Nicest shower of my trip. The hostels bar is located underneith the building with a separate entrance and that really cut down on noise. The staff was always willing to help and spoke fantastic English. I cannot recommend this hostel enough!

Fun interior design. Great location. Spacious, well designed dorms. However UHostel's 'luxury hostel' atmosphere is detracted by catering several large groups of school children meaning common areas at times are overun by kids/teens or areas are reserved out to them.