U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

1975 Total Reviews

awesome - best ever

Been to many hostels around Europe, this one beats them all! Great friendly staff, and located right in the heart of Madrid.

I've been to many cities in Spain, and I have to say, this is one of the best hostel I have stayed in. Staff made me feel welcome right away, Jesus, Georgette, Gintare, Fany, Jason, the tremendous Taylor :P they were all great staffeta and I consider them as friends. Never had a single complaint from start to finish

Clean, comfy and stylish. Hot showers, great sized rooms and lockers. Close to metro, shopping and sites.

The hostel is really modern-looking. The rooms for 4 with private bathroom are spacious, clean, the beds and the blankets are new. It also has shared bathrooms that are very clean and tidy. The included breakfast is poor, but if you pay an extra 3EUR/day/person you get a decent one! The staff is friendly and willing to help. Wi-Fi works fine. You have computers in the public areas, free water and even swings in the public areas! Definitely the BEST HOSTEL I've ever been too!

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The Uhostel is a nice hostel located close to the city centre. I stayed in the 8 person mixed dorm. The beds are very comfy and the rooms are super clean! The washroom facilities are spacious. Special shout out to Taylor, you rock! The events within the Hostel are COOL!

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to hear that the staff, location and facilities met your expectations. Looking forward to seeing you son!

Our room was double booked so we had some people try to come in while we were in there, which was mildly annoying. And because it had been double booked our key deactivated everyday after 11 so we had to reactivate it everyday. But other than that it was pretty good.

• 13th Dec 2014

Awesome hostel, friendly fun and very helpful staff, very clean and nice rooms. Would definitly live here again, money well spent!

What a nice review! thank you very much. We look foward to welcoming you back to the hostel in the future.

All the staff were great... especially Erika (Colombian), Taylor (Chinese) and Jason (American).

The hostel is great but it lacks identity, everything is too Americanized. The beer at the bar is too expensive.

It's an old house but really good facilities, clean and helpful staffs.

Really nice design and clean bathroom.

Excellent location, very near from everything, it's a very nice hostel, I really recommend, the staff (At least the guys who work at night are great, very nice and polite, the girl in the afternoon not at all. The only problems was the radiator, first days was freezing

Very clean, love its design. Bfast is included but didnt try it since always oversleep. Went for the tapas crawl and its great experience. Especially for staffs, taylor, the tapas guide who claimed his name roberto carlos (freaking funny) and pablo. Thanks!

Really good Hostel, would stay here again.

Great common room for meeting new people. Decent drink prices. Had a really good stay in this hostel wish I was there for longer.

Great staff, great vibes. Fun activities organized almost every night, nice bed and nice shower. Staff was very helpful.

Great internet access, which is so essential when you're on the road and need to make bookings. A great vibe, location and excellent. Yezan was particularly helpful, please pass on our thanks. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

I didn't like the hostel, it was not really clean, there are dust all over in the room. They didn't clean the blanket: you take off the linen and let the blanket on the bed, then they just put back on the locker for the next guest. It was full of someonelse hair, disgusting. The staff are like "nice cop, bad cop". There are a guy who is so friendly and help me with everything but there are a girl that just charged to borrow me the plug adaptor! (on the morning the boy borrow me without charged).

Very good hostel would recommend the pub crawls. The best experience by myself and by many others at the hostel was Definetly the pub crawl with Taylor the Asian guy . He went above and beyond to make sure we all had a good a good time . His advice regarding Madrid was also very valuable. He was always friendly and talked to everyone and made you feel at home That is certainly what being at a hostel is all about . I would Definetly recommend this hostel . Pub crawls with Taylor were awesome!!!