U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Everything about Uhostel was fantastic! Hostel building was beautiful even to the door balconies, both elevators, clean space, wooden style sitting area, movie room, reading room. Staff were very helpful especially the one man advertising the weekly activities-so friendly/funny. The swings, fountain and pc in our level were a hit-great idea!! Cant wait to stay with you again. Location was perfect, walking distance to everything. We did not need to metro. I would recommend sensor lockers.

I had really high expectations because this hostel was rated so highly. I was pretty disappointed. The staff was not accommodating and the room smelled terribly and so did the sheets. I stayed at many hostels during my trip and this was the only one that made you pay for a lock. The security deposit was practically what I paid just for my one night stay which is absurd.

• 1st Jun 2014

The best hostel I've seen!

Our private room was very large and comfortable. We liked the movie room. The one elevator not working when the doors left open was pretty bad when you have to walk up to the 5th floor and then find out your key card isn't working. My main issue was the breakfast, two pieces of toast and a glass of either orange juice or coffee and you have to cross your name off a list. This was the only hostel we stayed at in Europe that limited breakfast in this way.

Thats a good hostel, with comfortable beds, clean rooms and good location. The breakfast is simple and the atmosphere could be better. Recommended !

U hostels feels like one of those forward trending hostels; there's daily activities ranging from movie screening, parties, walking tours for it's guests. Breakfast 's included but expect nothing more fanciful than 2 slices of bread with self service butter/ jam and a berverage.

I loved my stay here. The facilities were extremely clean, all the showers and sinks worked well, and the computers worked. They even have their own small movie viewing room where I was able to see a screening of a movie in English, which was a nice taste of home. It is a bit of a walk to the major museums, but not too bad. The free breakffast was a nice touch. The beds were very comfortable and each had its own outlet and light.

Great Hostel! Very Clean, spatious room! Staff a little rude.. But very clean place! close to attractions and metro

Friendly staff, a lot of shower room and always clean. There only one thing to complain is the breakfast really poor.

Excellent bathroom facilities, bed room is also clean with an outlet and light by each bed. I didn't like the cash 10 Euro deposit at check-in. It seems a bit excessive for the sheets and key. Location is not quit central but Madrid is not that big so it is quit walkable to most attractions. Breakfast is a bit skimpy with just 2 slices of bread and a glass of juice. It feels likes large dormitory.

Nice hostel With friendly/helpfull staff. Good location and very clean. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Good choise for everyone !

Beautiful, spacious, clean dorms with comfortable beds! Nice common area.

Good things: kind of stylish, you can buy food there, close to a subway station Bad things: really hard to climb the top bunkbed, staff not that eager to help, noisy after midnight, poor mainteinance, you can only check in after two. I thought they would have a different concept, but it is just another not well managed hostel. I think it is not worth paying their premium.

I was very happy with the atmosphere of this hostel and the rooms were very comfortable. Staff was begrudging to talk sometimes. Other times they were very helpful, showed where I could find the market. I was most annoyed that I didn't get breakfast. This was my last night in Spain, and I specifically booked this hostel so that I could have a good breakfast. But I needed to go to the airport before the breakfast was ready. They didn't provide any suplement, like some toast, water, a fruit, anyth

It was a beautiful hostel. Was pretty dead when I was there though. Didn't have the chance to meet other people.

To be honestly, for this price could have offered better breakfast than only 2 toast. Or even breakfast is not included. Facility looks quite new, staff frienly, very nice bar just beside.

I really like the modern style of this hostel. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. The location is also great, just a few meters away from the metro, short walk to the park etc. The atmosphere in the hostel on the other hand is quite cold. The breakfast routine is ridiculous and when I arrived early the first day, the girl just barked at me that check in is at 2 (sry - just wanted to leave my bag and go for a walk). Not a nice welcome...

Met many nice people, the reception was very helpful, and together with a couple of other hostels they offered an excellent (free) city tour on Saturday morning in my case.

the rooms and bathrooms were REALLY good, although ours was a lot bigger then others. kitchen and bar area and well planned out. when in your rooms you feel far away from everything as you have to get an elevator to them. the Mexican guy who runs the pubs crawls is awesome and took us to an club even though we didn't go on the pub crawl they have their own bar which they took the whole hostel down to when we all started drinking. overall was good, but not the best for young social backpackers!