U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

The facilities are great, bathrooms and rooms very clean, and we enjoyed the Flamenco night and the walking tour. However, we had more of a hotel experience than a hostel experience in UHostels. Didn't get to know a lot of people. PS: the swings in the hallway are lovely!

Met some of the best people at this hostel, pub crawl was awesome from what I remember! Awesome location, staff were getting stuck into the party aswell! Only 1 thing, some idiot spewed all through the hall. It didn't get cleaned up till mid morning. Result of a good pub crawl I guess

Hi I didn't stay at your hostel that night. There has been a mistake made by either the hostel or busabout with the booking. The day I booked was the 11th of July. It is a pre tour booking that leaves on the 12th. Please don't take payment for not turning up, it is my friends card. I was planning on paying cash for the rest of the payment on arrival. I will contact busabout tomorrow to try and resolve this issue.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Great location. Funky rooms that were very cleaned regularly and kept tidy. Room security was not ideal as there was a problem with the door actually closing.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Amazing hostel. The best hostel we have stayed in so far. Very clean and great facilities!

Have been travelling for the past 4 weeks and this was hands down the most spacious modern hostel we have stayed at (double with private ensuite) .great clean facilities and helpful staff!! Would definitely stay again if we ever came back to madrid, the tip based walking tour through the hostel was also one of the best! Thanks Pablo!

Great hostel, has a movie room, bar, and club underneath it.

They had a mix-up with the reservations and we had to switch rooms part way through our stay, but the staff were apologetic for the inconvenience, gave us free special breakfast coupons, and adjusted our bill so we did not overpay for the new rooms.

Awesome place. So well priced and really good facilities. The bed was comfy, the communal kitchen, eating areas, living room and movie room were great. They have free sangria and drinking games!! It was a cool joint. I'd go back there again for sure.

Fabulous location!! The breakfast could have been much better though, even paying the couple euro more didn't seem worth it for how skimpy it was. I ended up eating breakfast somewhere else. Other than that, I had a really pleasant stay in Madrid! LOVED the free walking tour with Pablo!!

• 29th Jun 2014

Everything about this hostel was great! I'd recommend this to anyone visiting Madrid!

Very clean, modern and spacious! Best hostel so far :)

• 27th Jun 2014

Best for groups.

Amazing place and great staff but sonetimes they dont have internet anywere .

Great place!! Very clean and quite convenient to go city centre and other scenic spots!!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • China

Located pretty close to the metro, and their metro system is amazing so we could get anywhere in town--ideal location. Very clean. Our room didn't have bunked beds, so my travel buddy and I each got our own bed that didn't require crawling in and out of which was very nice. WIfi wasn't strong upstairs, so we had to sit in the common room for it, but that wasn't too bad. Overall, one of the nicer hostels we stayed in during our eurotrip. I'd come back to it!

• 20th Jun 2014

A very nice and friendly hostel, I had a good stay there. It offers a lot of possibilites, nice rooms, enjoyable atmosphere. The staff is friendly and helpful. Good air condition makes rooms more chilly. It´s a big hostel with own program, guided tours, offering biking tours, pub crawls...everything you need to get to know Madrid better. Location is perfect! The only minus is that the men´s bathrooms were not always very clean, that could be better.

Everything was amazing during our stay at u hostels in Madrid. We stayed there twice! Once before we went to Portugal and then again afterwards. Kitchen could be better equip and cleaner, however everything else was perfect.

We loved the unique layout of the rooms (every bed with its own outlet, light, and shelf) and floors (ours had swings), but the party atmosphere was too much. Be prepared for a loud night and bring some extra food to supplement the small breakfast.

Great hostel! Very clean and tidy and the rooms are a decent size! All of the staff were excellent and the bar/common room is a great place to meet people. The hostel puts on different activities (walking tour, free sangria night, tapas night, pub crawl) which were all so much fun! We only stayed there as it was recommended by Busabout but would definitely return next time we're in Madrid.

• 19th Jun 2014