U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Extended my stay here for a week. Room 54 is the most beautiful dorm I've seen in over a year of travel - light, bright

Start with the good: - The rooms and bathroom area were very clean and well maintained - Our room had a huge window/patio area that looked out on to the street which was very cool - The tapas experience we had with Pablo was a lot of fun and the food was delicious The bad: - Had an iPod stolen by a member of the cleaning crew; all other people had checked out and they were the only people in the room. So if you're staying here be wary of the contracted cleaning company!

Great hostel. Sad my train was delayed but I still had to pay the whole day even do I didn't stay there that night. Breakfast was real simple. Arriving at hostel was simple by train. Facilities were extremely clean. Room were nice sized and liked the size of the in room lockers. Bathroom on rooms were a nice touch as well. Only bad is with the breakfast (sort of felt cheap compared to other hostels) and lift as sometimes people do not close doors.

One of the Best hostels on our trip. It was far cheaper than some other hostels we stayed in and quite luxurious (for a hostel). Computer rooms, and then another computer on our floor, with an adorable swing next to it on some fake grass - very cute setting. Lots of showers and toilets and quite clean with the odd exception. Very white and bright room, amazing view from our balcony on the 4th floor. Cool hang out areas. Only downside being there didn't appear to be a bar.

Great place! The should improve breakfast

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Europe. My one and only complaint is the that the Wifi wasn't working my second night which is really important for me.

• 28th Jul 2014

Great Hostel! The staff was friendly and the building was really flawless. The only thing is there were several large groups of college and high school students (I think, but I could just be older now and college and HS student are harder to differentiate) so I didn't really meet anyone there. But that just could be tired awkward me that was only there for 2 nights.

This is a Hotel at Hostel prices. We stayed in a private room and it was excellent. Clean, Air-Con. Great bar downstairs. Recommend to all.

Staying in the Uhostel Madrid was one of the best part of Madrid . The hostel is superclean and the atmosphere is really cozy, they have cinema ,bar ,walking tours... So its a wonderfull hostel

• 26th Jul 2014

The air conditioning was very nice considering it was 40 degrees out. The staff were also very friendly and helpful, and I also learned a lot about the city on the walking tour offered every day by the hostel. I would definitely recommend this hostel to somebody staying in Madrid.

The best. Free dinner, amazing staff, great security, great location. Did I mention great staff, Angel is the man. Did not pay cover charge once and hit up the best clubs.

Best hostel i have ever stayed in without a doubt. Stayed there twice now and would continue to if i go back to Madrid.

Great location and facilities. Did not feel like I was staying in a hostel. Will definitely be staying at U hostels again

Amazing modern hostel, great night life nearby. Staff at this hostel are amazing! Roberto needs a pay rise!

When we checked in the hostel, a person (Roberto Carlos) approached us so friendly. He takes care about the atmosphere in the hostel and his enthusiasm was catching our group! Because of him we were able to learn other foreigners much more quicker than in other hostels. We call him, the connected guy!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very nice hostel, in a great location close to 2 metros. The staff was really nice and welcoming, and the walking tour was great too. The lobby and common areas were very nice and easy to hang out in and meet people. The bathrooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were big and spacious, with the girls room having a makeup vanity with blow dryers! Loved it here

The hostel was new and clean with the most comfortable beds/best facilities I've been in so far on my Europe trip. Had a great time chilling out at the hostel and seeing Madrid. I would recommend and stay again.

Cannot speak highly enough about this place - why can't all hostels be like this???

This hostel is great for solo travellers. There is always something going on, but I would not recommend the tapas experience because the food was not the greatest, and it was over crowded and extremely stuffy. Ricardo is absolutely AMAZING and he definetly makes the experience, along with Harriet who did the walking tour. Both were amazing and knowledgeable. The staff are awful are VERY rude, but the rest of the experience made up for it.

Great hostel, really big rooms and bathrooms are very nice and clean. The wifi didn't work properly one night, but it was fixed in the next morning. Nice restaurants nearby.