U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

I loved the feel of the place, very well equipped and one of the newer and more modern hostels that I have stayed in & easy access from train station. Rooms were spacious and clean and the place smelt of bubblegum (girls dorm). Plenty of toilets and baths so I didnt have to wait to use them. Sufficient electrical outlets, with a lamp and socket at each bed. its a real plus. Great cafe/ kitchen! and movies available in the theaterette. Washing machine and dryer.. what else can I ask for!

It is a very nice hostel located in a nice area, about 15-20 mins walk to the central area. But Madrid is so small you can walk everywhere. I liked the area was away form the crowd and has great cafe and bars near by. And it is a very social hostel with a great kitchen and bar area.

I am so happy and satisfied with this hostel! The showers, toilets and rooms are GREAT! Location is awesome; me and my friends could not have asked for more! I will definately go back!

We are v satisfy with our stay

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Good location (next to Bilbao and Alonso Martinez metro stops), very clean and well-thought out dorm rooms and an amazing atmosphere. Something happens every night there as well as there being a cinema room and a great kitchen. Special mention to the staff as well - Jason, Diego, Natalia and Eddie are all fantastic and made it almost impossible to leave. Great hostel!

great hostel

Hands down the best hostel that I have stayed at in Spain. Great value for your money and super comfortable. Loved the personal outlets in each bed and area to put stuff. Good use of the space and doesn't feel over crowded. Staff is really helpful and can give you great suggestions of what to do and not to miss. Stayed at this hostel and another in Madrid and the whole time wished I would have made my booking the whole time at U Hostels. Loved my time here and in Madrid.

This hostel is awesome. Super comfortable, cool decoration and great staff. the location is also very good, a few blocks to a metro station.

• 18th Apr 2014

Definitely one of the best hostels i stayed in so far. Rooms (i failed to book one room for all days and had to change it once during my stay) were the largest and cleanest i've seen. Staff very friendly and helped eagerly.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Really clean EVERYWHERE, non-creeky beds, excellent wifi and resourceful staff. Location is excellent. I didn't have the b'fast so I cannot comment but I would definitely stay here again in future. Girls, don't bother with a private bathroom dorm because the common bathrooms are excellent.

From all the cities I visited this month in Europe, Madrid was definitely the best one. Not only because the city itself but specially because of the hostel I stayed. Very nice neighborhood, important streets and avenues around, floors very clean and mainly the activities the hostel provided during the week. Eddie, the guy which takes care of the pub crawls, received me very well and was very careful with us and made my night funnier! very nice memories about UHostels.

I've stayed there for a week, felt as close as it can to my home. I'm sure I'll be back there, hope it will be soon. Gracias for an amazing vacation

Nice hostel in a goody location. Staff was friendly and the hostel always had some fun event going on in the evening.

Overall facilities were very good, but wifi didn't work upstairs. I'd like to say thank you to the staff, who were really great! I loved the flamenco presentation they had downstairs in the "Meet Me" bar. Also the activities were really good for meeting people.

Lovely staff!!!

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

This hostel is great! We had a Private with plenty of space, great view from our window, very clean and a really good location. A bit noisy at night but I guess thats part of staying on a hostel. 100% recomended!

Very clean, fun contemporary furnishings, plenty of showers and sinks on each floor, little night stand and light for each bed. One of the nicest hostels I've been to, would definitely recommend. Didn't try out activities and meal specials but they sounded promising.

• 10th Apr 2014

I had a really good time while I stayed in the hostel, everyone on the staff was nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. The walking tours, pub crawl and all you can eat are a must.

Good fun hostel, clean modern facilities. Eddy will guarantee a good time and knows his way around the city.

If possible provide hotel slipper or shoe for rent because traveller didnt bring their bathroom shoe/ slipper.