U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

Very good hostel! Not directly in the centre, but very close (El Sol 15-20 Mins walking), also very good metro connections. Overally super clean, the showers/bathrooms were the nicest I have seen in any hostel and the staff was very friendly and helpful. You can meet nice people to party with but it's not a crazy party hostel and in the bedroom floors it's quiet at night. Also, there are 5 floors in the building and all of it is the hostel, so it's very big. Definitely recommended.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review :-) It is thrilling to know you found our hostel an excellent option! We always do our best to be number 1 in Madrid! Thank you again for your review! We hope to see you again here in the near future! Best regards!

Great hostel! Stayed in a six bed all Girls dorm and loved our stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Met cool people from all over the world. Tapas Dinner was fun, although the Tapas we ate was poor quality and not worth the money.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! Great to know you liked our hostel and found it perfect overall! We will take all your comments, including the ones relating to the Tapas activity quality, into full consideration. Thank you very much for staying with us and we look very forward to seeing you here again in the near future!

This hostel definitely has a cool, college-student vibe to it. The staff was very nice and helpful, and the place was pretty clean. It seemed kinda far from the main attractions, and breakfast wasn't much to be excited about. Also, it's one of the pricer hostels I've stayed in (which may just be because it was in Madrid). However, overall, I would recommend this hostel!

Higher end hostel, great for groups.

Dear guest, Thank you a lot for your review! We are so happy you were completely saitisfied and happy with our hostel and services! We always do our best to be the best option for both groups and individuals! Thank you very much for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you here again! Best regards!

They were perfect for my stay. I was only in transit from Madrid to Malaga. They are a few stops from Atoche RENFE where I caught the train to Malaga. They have a lot of young people that come in groups which gives the Hostel a nice ambience. I may return to the Hostel on my way back the USA. I´ll take the Metro to Airport from here. Also I might spend a couple of days in Madrid to see the Prado from here.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review and staying with us! We had the honour to host you and we are so thrilled to knowing you had a great experience here while staying in Madrid! We look forward to seeing you again here when you come back to Madrid and we would provide you with any help or recommendation needed! Hope to see you soon!

Best option for Madrid

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy you found our hostel the best option in Madrid as always work to be the best! We thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again here!

U-Hostels was a great hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and showers, very safe and secure. We enjoyed the daily activities offered. The decor was so neat and fun! Would definitely stay here again.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our hostel during your trip in Madrid! We look forward to seeing you again here!

If you need internet, don't go to this hostel! It does not matter if you are on the fifth floor or at the facilities at the entrance: Internet connection is extremely slow and not reliable at all, even at the desktop-computers from the hostel which the guests can use. The staff could not help out at this issue either. Besides of this, the hostel is ok, nothing super special but quite well in general. Showers and toilets are very clean.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review and staying with us! We are happy you liked the cleanliness of our hostel. During your stay here we had an issue with the internet but now the problem has been sort out and the internet is working perfectly again in our entire building and inside all our rooms. We assure you that next time you are here you will not have any problem with the internet connection. Thank you a lot for your review and we look forward to seeing you again here!

It is my second time at the hostel and I do recommend it.

Dear guest, Thank you a lot for your review and staying again with us while staying in Madrid! We really appreciate that and hope to see you again here for more times in the near future! Best regards!

The activities in the evening were great and the walking tour was good also the extra info she wrote on the maps was appreciated

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy you had a great experience hear and enjoyed all our services including our daily free activities, maps and recommendations! We look forward to seeing you again here in the near future!

V clean hotel and nice staffs!!! Good locations and easy to find! Nice shower with hot water! Just a bit cold and noise when sleep!! A nice hostel!!!

Dear guest, We are so happy you liked our hostel! We always do our best to serve our customers perfectly and be a great part of their memory in Madrid! If you felt cold when you were sleeping, you should have told us so we could have increased the temperature of the room. We usually seek to make the tempertaure very moderate so it suits all guests. Regarding the noise, this depends on the people of the room, we hope it wasn´t annoying though! We hope to see you again here soon!

Very clean and comfy common area to meet other travelers. Staff was unprofessional and not prepared or attentive.

I´m very disappointed to hear that you found our service that way. We really care about the customer service and we would like to know more. Please email us with a pone number or email address so i can know more about this.

Amazing hostel! The staff (Aicha, Yasam and Erica - I'm sure I didn't spell any of the names correctly -are awesome!). Facilities and atmosphere are great. The hostel is a little stingy when it comes to food though.

Dear guest, We´re so thrilled you found our staff members awesome, and you liked our facilities and atmosphere! Regarding the kitchen, we clean it profoundly more than once per day. If you found an undisreable smell from there, it would have been by customers cooking their food and probably didn´t clean the cooking tools instantly. We truly always work hard to assure that every part of our hostel clean and fresh. We´ll take your comments into consideration. We hope to see you again soon!!!

Very good:)

Dear guest, Thank you for your review! We are so happy you had a very nice experience at our hostel during your visit to Madrid! We look forward to seeing you again!

Nice hostel.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your review! We´re happy to hear you liked our hostel and found it nice! We look forward to seeing you again here in the near future!

Great stay at at Christopher. Fun crowd, helpful staff. Really good facilities for all ages and whatever you are looking for. I highly recommend the place. Centrally located and right next to the metro stop. Bar/ restaurant in the ground floor.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Dear guest, Thanks for your review! I think you made a mistake in the name and wanted to say U HOSTELS Madrid ;) We are so glad you liked your stay at our hostel and found all of us helpful! We hope to see you again at U HOSTELS Madrid!

The hostel was good as far as showers (amazing), events, and quiet rooms. But the staff was just ok. They all live in dorms there so they stick in their staff groups and don't have many recommendations to give when I asked questions.

Dear guest, We are happy you enjoyed our facilities, activities, and quiet rooms! As we are a hostel, it´s really normal to have most of our hostel rooms as dorms (Travellers share rooms with each other) so we don´t only have private rooms. Sorry if you asked questions that our staff couldn´t give many recommendations about. We usually do our best to provide our clients with the best directions and recommendations. We´ll take your comments into consideration! We hope to see you here soon!

Great location. Walking distance to centre of Madrid. I found the hostel to be on the older side which I didn't like. There was no heating so it was very cold when I went in February. However, because not all the beds were occupied, I took blankets from another bed so I slept comfortably.

U Hostel was very nice and modern. Something to note: this is NOT a youth hostel. I had a 50 year old woman in my dorm room. The hostel does a pretty good job at organizing events for those few that were interested. Breakfast was weak but included. The bar was not really a place to meet other travelers. Besides that it was clean and located close enough to walk to the sights. I probably would not stay there again but it was sufficient for my trip to Madrid this time.

Dear guest, Thanks for your review! We´re a large hostel welcoming people from different ages, so there´re people from different ages. Breakfast isn´t so big as we give it for free to every guest, though guests can buy the low-cost big special breakfast. We organize various daily events including several free ones at different times, in the hostel and in its bar, to help travellers socialize and meet, so we are disappointed you didn´t realize that. We hope to see you again here soon! :)

Everything was great and easy. Comfortable. Friendly. Sometimes music was a bit loud and hard in the common areas but that is the trend these days.

• 19th Feb 2015

Dear guest, Thanks very much for your review! We highly appreciate it! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here. Regarding the music, we apologize if it was a little bit loud. If you told us that, our staff would have definitely instantly lowered its volume. We thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again here in the near future! Best regards!