U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Spain

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. It was clean, great location with great rooms (balconies overlooking the Main Street). The people at reception were so helpful when I needed to use their phone (id lost my baggage). It really is the best place to stay in Madrid: great bar and kitchen also!

Tiny kitchen and the fitted sheet is actually a huge version of a pillow case so it's a lot of work to get it on the mattress- and super dangerous on a top bunk, I nearly died. Not the best breakfast. But really clean, and the staff were really helpful

The crowd at Uhostel is mostly kids in their low 20s looking to party while in Madrid. The hostal has drinking games in the dining room every night at 9 pm. My 8-bed room was filled with hormone-busting US kids drinking and smoking. The rooms are clean with bunk beds distributed tightly across the room without curtains. There is no lights-out-time set by the hostel. Each bed has an electrical outlet.

Staying at this hostel, you could walk to almost anywhere you wanted to be in Madrid. They had fun events that people could join every day/night as well which was a total bonus. A tour ABSOLUTELY worth going on is the Madrid walking tour with Harriet. My cousin and I did that at the beginning of our trip and we learned so many good places to go/historical and cultural facts/just plain good tips to have when traveling to a new city. She was awesome! Thanks Harriet and highly recommend.

U Hostels - Madrid was easily the nicest hostel I stayed at during my trip. The staff were not only helpful, but very kind too! They offered activities every night of the week, along with a cinema where you could watch movies and play PS3. Everyone had there own reading light and outlet. The beds were large, comfy, and clean. Each shower stall had its own separate room too! I cannot say enough good things about U Hostels! I would DEFINITELY stay here again!!

Perfect place to stay!

This was one of my favourite hostels to stay in. The staff was amazing and the atmosphere was good fun. Loved the swings and the theatre room and how they had something going on everynight! 100%

U Hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. First, the location is conveniently located in the middle of the city and very close to all the most popular tourist attractions. If you need to take the metro, the stop is a one minute walk from the hostel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and although I did not have a private bathroom for my stay, I found the large bathroom very clean and well maintained. The bar area can get very busy and makes it easy to meet people.

I was really impressed w this hostel. It was really clean, big and everyone was nice and helpful. It was in a safe location. As a solo traveller, I felt fine out on my own after dark. The bathrooms and showers were really nice. The showers had a space for changing. The beds were comfy and clean. It was a short walk to a lot of different sites and juat down the street from the metro. Thank you for the great stay.

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Clean, safe, massive dorm rooms, friendly staff. The area is nice - would recommend this area over the centre. Breakfast is basic... but I would stay here again if I was in Madrid.

Amazing hostel! Provided me with the best shower I have had all trip! There is also a cinema room so you can chill out and watch movies in your down time. Close to a subway but you can also walk to the Main Street and the park El Retiro. Loved it, stay here!

Such an awesome hostel, wish I could spent more time just for the hostel!

Met the best people ever!! Bunks a bit hard to climb into and showers could use a shelf. But overall wonderful!

Very good hostel, clean, great atmosphere. Having a bar downstairs and social areas was amazing. Bedrooms were very clean.

This place is hotel qualify with the hostel price. An in hostel bar and club make for a great time, but the highlight to this hostel are the spacious rooms and plenty of facilities. I had a selection of showers and bathrooms at all time and a computer available for use in the common area on each floor. I wish more hostels were of this caliber.

Many thanks for your great comments! We really appreciate that you loved our hostel. We wanted to create a hostel but with hotel quality! You really appreciated all our small details, like the plenty number of showers or our super big rooms! Of course, our U Hostels bar is also a Blast

Everything you need in a hostel

Impressed with this hostel, beautiful 5 story colonial building in a nice area of Madrid. Wifi was best we've had and the staff were brilliant going out of their way to ensure your questions and needs were met. Cool & funky interior, clean room, secure, really modern facilities. Cafe, Bar, Big TV, pub crawl. Friendly travellers. Would definetly stay here again. Top Hostel!!

Hands down, the best hostel I've stayed at in all of Europe. Very spacious, clean rooms and bathrooms. Staff were very friendly and helpful with local knowledge. Must stay here if you're going to Madrid!

One of the best hostels we stayed at! Loved it!

Upon arrival to the hostel, I was happy that we were able to spilt the cost of the bill at check in. This made it easy so that no one needed to owe the person who made the reservation. Also, the check in lady accounted for the fact that the person who made the reservation had to pay an online deposit. The amenities of the hostel were nice and there were ample showers and WCs for people to use on each floor. The hostel is also near to two metro stops which made travel in Madrid really easy.