U & I Guesthouse Reviews

1772-10 Yido 2Dong Jeju City Jejudo, Jeju Island, South Korea

Having read the rave reviews online I was eager to try out this hostel. I wasn't disappointed one bit. However they could beef up on the room security. They provide tiny lockers to lock your stuff up, but no option to lock your entire bag up. The room 'keys' are actually 'passwords' which can be easily shared between guests. I guess this isn't much of an issue however because Jeju isn't known for much theft. Overall I was extremely happy with my stay and will be back!

• 18th May 2015

Great hostel! I really enjoyed my stay!

Very charming and helpful staff. Thank you so much!

Incredible conditions and super helpful staff!

Helpful staff, excellent resources for planning your time in Jeju.

You guys were fantastic. I cannot thank you enough for your helpfulness, kindness, politeness and all around world class hospitality. I also foolishly left my running pack in my room and the staff were kind enough to ship it to Seoul for me before I returned home. I had a great time, enjoyed the facilities and all that there is to do and participate in on Jeju Island. I will be back again most certainly!

Manager was super nice. He helped us multiple times. The bathrooms for the double private rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good.

This place was absolutely amazing! YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE! The staff was the nicest I've ever had. So helpful! They have a huge basement which serves as the breakfast area and hangout area. Best I've seen of all my hostel stays. Staying in Jeju City the best choice if you want to hop around a lot. Pretty much everything is less than a one and half hour bus ride away. The Jeju City area has great restaurants, nightlife, and shopping. I'm not sure if you can get that elsewhere on the island.

The hostel is conveniently located near a bus stop where a lot of the busses heading to tourist destinations stop. The staff is very helpful. They always took time to explain which bus to catch, or where some local site is exactly. Initially, I thought I should stay in Seogwipo, but this location is about an hour and 15 minutes from there and other sites on the east and west coasts. Not too bad at all! It's also just a 45 minute bus ride to the main hiking course of Hallasan!

The hostel can't be seen from the main road but no worries, the landmark is Dunkin' Donuts. After Dunkin' Donuts, take the first small lane to the left. The check in was smooth, the hostel is very clean and I had a very good sleep. The breakfast was yummeh. The wifi on our floor wasn't stabile, but it was ok as the wifi at the lounge was very good. It's very near to bus stops. Highly recommended!!! :D big love from Sabah, North Borneo, Malaysia!!!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

After one day I wanted to leave because the room was dirty and the bed felt unclean. I had to put the sheets on myself and the bottom sheet was already on the bed and looked like they didn't wash it. The dorm was also very crowded and noise from pubs outside. The best part about the place is the common area at the basement! If the room was clean I would have stayed.... :(

A fabulous hostel with friendly, helpful staff and in a good location next to bus stops and amenities. Highly recommended.

The location is pretty convenient, right in the center of old jeju city. Get off at bus stop City Hall, and have everything close by. The staffs are very nice to. But the only thing disappointed me is that my umbrella was taken by other guests I guess, right in the front door where you normally put it. That never happened to me during my stay at other guest houses, but I wouldn't blame the owner, instead they felt sorry couldnt find it back so gave me 7000 to buy a new one.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • China

Great place, really fantastic hostel in jeju City - staff were so incredibly helpful and breakfast was great! Great value for jeju!!!

Pros: Heated floors! Hot water! Included breakfast! Tea and coffee until 2 am. Laundry machines. Great location across from City hall and 5 WON taxi to airport. Staff walked us up to our room and let us select our own room entry code, showed us how to use the TV, showed us how to enter the hostel entrance door, and overall was very friendly and warm. No cons from us! Will def stay here again :)

Excellent location, friendly staff (had some problems with the atm and the staff helped enthusiastically! Thank you!), clean and nice room.

ensuite in the dorm was great, the ondol floor heating did get a bit too hot at night and couldnt turn it down. The staff offered many ideas for my trip including Mt. Hallasan which is a must do!

I stayed in a three person ensuite with two other friends. It was a nice room with your own fridge, TV. Very friendly staff gave us recommendations on places to eat and drink. They lent us crampons and poncho for our hike to hallasan.

I have nothing bad to say about the hostel. It is a very good stay at jeju island

Location is excellent. Everywhere around Jeju is accessible via bus. However, renting a car is still the best option. Rooms are clean and breakfast is MARVELOUS! You cook your own food giving you a feel at home atmosphere.

• 26th Dec 2014