U & I Guesthouse Reviews

1772-10 Yido 2Dong Jeju City Jejudo, Jeju Island, South Korea

I stayed in a three person ensuite with two other friends. It was a nice room with your own fridge, TV. Very friendly staff gave us recommendations on places to eat and drink. They lent us crampons and poncho for our hike to hallasan.

I have nothing bad to say about the hostel. It is a very good stay at jeju island

Location is excellent. Everywhere around Jeju is accessible via bus. However, renting a car is still the best option. Rooms are clean and breakfast is MARVELOUS! You cook your own food giving you a feel at home atmosphere.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

The staff were really friendly and really helpful. Probably the most comfortable time I've had in Korea at a guesthouses was here. Stairs were tiring with heavy luggage but that's probably because I'm unfit. Otherwise a must stay if you want help and guidance around Jeju.

I had a fantastic stay at U&I guesthouse. Staff was kind, and very helpful. Location was very convenient, and it was the cleaniest guest house I have ever been.

• 30th Nov 2014

Would def stay here again. Everyone was very nice!

The staff from the u and I hostel is so helpfull and nice! The free breakfast with tangerines and tangerine juice from jeju is awesome! the rooms are clean!

• 15th Nov 2014

Staff were very friendly and incredibly knowledge about places to go in the area, transport, etc. Good location. Rooms were clean and not too cramped. The free breakfast was quite good.

Extremely helpful staff able to answer any questions with good humor. Hostel is in middle of jeju city which is an interestingand modern city in itself full of famous food and shops. The hostel has complete directions and options for getting around the island in an efficient manner. All rooms are clean with high tech automated locks. Breakfast with eggs, toast, and cereal are available in the downstairs lounge. All people can feel comfortable staying at the guesthouse.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. They helped me with my plans every day! Trust them - NOT taxi drivers! The kitchen was modern, clean and very large (the best I've seen in a youth hostel). Great shared living space for guests with couches, widescreen TV. Bathrooms very clean! Only drawback was that the room was very hot at night and we needed to turn on the air conditioner (despite it being late fall). In saying this, at least there was an air conditioner on hand!

• 26th Oct 2014

This hostel was great! Everyone was very nice and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. I definitely recommend this hostel! If I visit Jeju again I will stay here!

The building felt like it used to be a hotel, if anything. Staff were good with how to get around Jeju island. The common area felt like it was either almost empty or had large groups of I would guess school students.

Great stay, great hosts. Really liked the spacious, clean living area

U and I Guesthouse was a great place to stay. Clean beds, clean bathrooms, clean common area, and a great breakfast. I wish I would have planned more time in Jeju, but I will definitely be booking rooms again when I return. The only problem with the guesthouse was finding it.

Good place to explore Jeju from, as from the bus stops nearby there are buses to anywhere on the island. The staff is nice and will explain to you in detail how to get anywhere, they will also advise what's best to do depending on weather conditions. The (make your own) breakfast is quite good. Laundry is free, and for a small amount you can also use their drier. The bunks in the dorm are quite sturdy (no movement when the person above/below gets into bed) and the beds comfortable.

Good hostel in a perfect location. Lacks some atmosphere but all in all very acceptable. Staff is really helpful.

Very nice hostel. Everything was kept clean. Front desk staff were awesome- very helpful with any of my questions.

• 15th Sep 2014

The staff were very helpful, the dorms were clean, the showers were hot with good pressure and the breakfast was self prepared eggs, toast and spreads. The common room downstairs has loads of informational flyers about the island. Excellent jumping off point to explore Jeju.

The staff was wonderful! They even prepared a chuseok dinner for all the guests!

• 6th Sep 2014

The receptionists at the welcome desk were incredibly helpful. I was only in Jeju for 4 days, but Sue was incredibly knowledgeable of the area and helped me plan my trip during my stay, including bus information, restaurants and Jeju hotspots. All the facilities were clean, the staff was excellent, and the location was centrally located. Highly recommended!

• 28th Aug 2014