U & I Guesthouse Reviews

1772-10 Yido 2Dong Jeju City Jejudo, Jeju Island, South Korea

Good hostel in jeju city hall, very clean, spacious lounge, staff is helpful and friendly, really nothing negative about this hostel

Great hostel in Jeju City, really close to the bus stops to take you all around the island. The staff was really helpful as well to help you find your way.

I felt happy with our stay here. The staff had good trip advice. The location was in the heart of Jeju City (which is a smaller city, so coming from Busan it lacked a lot of the variety we were used to) but still very near the airport. The *free* breakfast was not fancy but solid and the kitchen was big and clean. The room smelled a bit dank due to the lack of a window that opens, but it was clean inside and fresh bedding was provided. There were small lockers in the room too.

Great staff, easy to find location and very affordable.

Really good hostel in Jeju. Lovely manager called Sue was super helpful, friendly and gave us really handy public transport directions to all of the places on the island we wanted to visit (he basically helped us plan our entire stay!) Area seems a little dodgy at first, but we wandered behind the hostel and found a cool indie shopping and eating district! Mega handy for the airport. Make sure you get off at 'CITY HALL' not citizens hall - like we did, it's a bit of a walk away otherwise!

superb!

Nice hostel, well located near intercity bus stop. Staff speaks OK English. The four bedroom had its own bath which was a little annoying if you needes it and someone else was using it. Overall I would recommend.

Best hostel I visited during my holiday

Having read the rave reviews online I was eager to try out this hostel. I wasn't disappointed one bit. However they could beef up on the room security. They provide tiny lockers to lock your stuff up, but no option to lock your entire bag up. The room 'keys' are actually 'passwords' which can be easily shared between guests. I guess this isn't much of an issue however because Jeju isn't known for much theft. Overall I was extremely happy with my stay and will be back!

• 18th May 2015

Great hostel! I really enjoyed my stay!

Very charming and helpful staff. Thank you so much!

Incredible conditions and super helpful staff!

Helpful staff, excellent resources for planning your time in Jeju.

Free breakfast all you can eat eggs and toast and cereal in a large common room. Nice reception though does not give off a homely feeling but they will help you however they can. Including helping with finding rental cars. Rooms cosy clean and had private bath room which was also clean. Had nice and considerate bed mates in four person room. So it made the stay enjoyable. Everything is very clean and convenient!

You guys were fantastic. I cannot thank you enough for your helpfulness, kindness, politeness and all around world class hospitality. I also foolishly left my running pack in my room and the staff were kind enough to ship it to Seoul for me before I returned home. I had a great time, enjoyed the facilities and all that there is to do and participate in on Jeju Island. I will be back again most certainly!

Manager was super nice. He helped us multiple times. The bathrooms for the double private rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good.

This place was absolutely amazing! YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE! The staff was the nicest I've ever had. So helpful! They have a huge basement which serves as the breakfast area and hangout area. Best I've seen of all my hostel stays. Staying in Jeju City the best choice if you want to hop around a lot. Pretty much everything is less than a one and half hour bus ride away. The Jeju City area has great restaurants, nightlife, and shopping. I'm not sure if you can get that elsewhere on the island.

The hostel is conveniently located near a bus stop where a lot of the busses heading to tourist destinations stop. The staff is very helpful. They always took time to explain which bus to catch, or where some local site is exactly. Initially, I thought I should stay in Seogwipo, but this location is about an hour and 15 minutes from there and other sites on the east and west coasts. Not too bad at all! It's also just a 45 minute bus ride to the main hiking course of Hallasan!

The hostel can't be seen from the main road but no worries, the landmark is Dunkin' Donuts. After Dunkin' Donuts, take the first small lane to the left. The check in was smooth, the hostel is very clean and I had a very good sleep. The breakfast was yummeh. The wifi on our floor wasn't stabile, but it was ok as the wifi at the lounge was very good. It's very near to bus stops. Highly recommended!!! :D big love from Sabah, North Borneo, Malaysia!!!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

After one day I wanted to leave because the room was dirty and the bed felt unclean. I had to put the sheets on myself and the bottom sheet was already on the bed and looked like they didn't wash it. The dorm was also very crowded and noise from pubs outside. The best part about the place is the common area at the basement! If the room was clean I would have stayed.... :(

View all Jeju Island Bed and Breakfasts