U inn Berlin Hostel Reviews

Finowstrasse 36, Friedrichshain, Berlin, Germany

Overall it's a good option for a hostel. My only complaints are that in the rooms with bunk beds, there is a private behind it so someone else has to walk through your room in order to enter his/her room. Also sometimes it was hard to track down the receptionist. Good experience just not perfect.

I really liked U Inn Berlin's vibe - quiet and a little removed, but very close to a subway station which made it easy to get everywhere. I got 3 day Welcome Berlin Pass, which was a good decision because I used the subway a lot. I loved the kitchen space - spacious, bright, well stocked, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. My only complaints were that I found my mattress and pillow rather uncomfortable and the size of my mixed dorm room rather small. It felt a bit cramped at times.

• 7th Apr 2015

Affordable and clean hostel. Not very nice surroundings but it's walking distance from the 'hipster' area full of bars and cool restaurants. Metro station is close and getting to Mitte is fast. Staff was pleasant and spoke good English. Door code was changed every day but at least I felt secure. The private room was quite small with only 2 hangers and one tiny table. Shared bathrooms was quite a big problem as there weren't that many of them. Aside from that it was a pleasant stay.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Fine place. When I arrived, I was a little perplexed that it had a 95% rating on Hostelworld given the rather unfriendly and unhelpful reception. But, I wound up having a nice conversation with a mother from Munich, and the receptionist that was there when I came to retrieve my bags was a complete joy to talk to.

Overall good hostel. One remark I have is that it is not a good idea to have peoplo walk through other peoples rooms to get to their own room. Also I had the impression that rooms were not serviced in the weekend, but I may be wrong about this. These are a few remarks, but overall it was a good hostel. Staf was friendly and it is close to the U and S-railway system. They have a good security system although I do not feel it is necessary to change the entrance code every day.

nice naighborhood, close to good clubs and nice bars!

• 28th Mar 2015

Had a great stay at this hostel. Very pleasant staff. Good location with an excellent Vietnamese restaurant across the road and a cool little bar joined next to the hostel where we had many drinks with others from the hostel. Close to the U+S bann station. Will use again when returning to Berlin.

Nice and clean hostel in a good location with fantastic staff.

The staff were very helpful and effective. I had a private room, which was nice. The bed and linen was good.

No complaints about the facilities, cleanliness, or staff. Not the most central location, but better than many hostels, and its close proximity to U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations meant that I could be in the center of Berlin in 15-20 minutes. I would definitely recommend.

This hostel was so clean and homey. It also had many informative flyers of activities going on in the city that I would not have even known about. Great place!

• 13th Mar 2015

I loved U inn. It is a small and comfy place with many things around like clubs, restaurants, bars, clothes. It is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Thaaaaankk U!

• 12th Mar 2015

Very sweet hostel, home atmosphere, friendly staff. Many Bars and Restaurants very close. Also Berghain is close. I will come back. Merci U inn:)

• 12th Mar 2015

We really enjoyed our stay! U inn hostels was very clean, friendly and quaint. It felt like home! The beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, great kitchen and wonderful Internet connection. U inn hostel is a few U Bahn stops away from Alexander Platz, in a cute neighbourhood with grocery stores, cafes and bars near by. We would definitely come again! Thanks for the lovely time :)

Great hostel, I had a great time staying. The staff is especially friendly and accommodating :), I would highly recommend staying here in Berlin. The location is great, a short walk to Kreuzberg.

• 4th Mar 2015

A great hostel in a great location. I really enjoyed my stay here :)

Nothing bad to say about the hostel. Location is a little off from central berlin but close enough to public transportation to make it not an issue

Had received very good ratings in all categories before I booked my stSy here. Was very surprised upon arrival that it was not near downtown, staff was not very friendly. Facilities were fine, but hostel atmosphere was almost nonexistent. Hardly any common area. Fine place to stay if you're going to do your own thing, but if you want to meet people and have a "normal hostel" experience, look elsewhere.

• 26th Feb 2015

Meh. It was ok. Good facility but not very welcoming or social. There was little staff presence except for someone sitting in the office and the common room was small and closed off. It was an ok place to stay but not if you're looking for an overly welcoming place to meet people.

Real good place to stay. It is located in one of the best areas of berlin with alternative night clubs, flee market, street food and cafes. Also it is very easy to reach the main sights like alexanderplatz. The hostel itself is clean as well as friendly and I felt very comfortable. I will definately come back to U inn. Thanx guys :)

• 13th Feb 2015