U inn Berlin Hostel Reviews

Finowstrasse 36, Friedrichshain, Berlin, Germany

Very well located hostel in Friedrichshaine. The hostel was nice and clean, with a nice lounge area and big kitchen. The vibe was a little strange though, we were there for 2 nights, and did not meet many people to go and eat dinner or have drinks with. Maybe this is because there are no ‘organised’ events in the evenings, or that the hostel does not like alcohol to be brought in, but charges 2euro for a 0.5L beer. The bathrooms were nice and clean, would recommend to stay here.

At first this hostel didn't seem like a good place to meet other travelers, but its because everyone just hangs out in the kitchen and not the common room. You have to take public transit to the centre of the city, but its in walking distance to the east side gallery.

Everything is excellellent here, especially the people are very nice! I will come again!

• 4th Aug 2014

This was a nice, low-key hostel -- perfect for travelers who want to spend some time in a quiet atmosphere. It's a bit far from the city center but it's close to the metro and there are plenty of restaurants/bars in the neighbourhood.

We booked a room with a twin bed and we were placed in a room with 3 seperate beds. So it went wrong right from the beginning. Our room was in the ground floor and we had big windows. Right outside was the smoking facilities so the noise and the smoke came in to our room (because no AC). They have a rule against staying out after 2200, but i didn't see anyone of the staff mind about that. One day our room was left open when we came : "must've been the cleaner" was the answer. Rude staff.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Finland

I ended up having to book this hostel as a sort of last minute thing. I would not recommend booking any hostels in this area if you are looking for anything quiet, or you are wanting to get some sleep. This is definitely the party district, and the guests who stay here are generally there to party. This is not to say anything negative of the hostel, but I just wanted people to be aware of the atmosphere. The hostel was very clean, and the staff were friendly. The showers were VERY nice & clean!

Very lovely hostel, interior is beautifully decorated, all facilities are modern and clean, not far from a metro stop.

Very nice hostel and also very nice staff! I would definitely recommend this hostel!

The hostel is really good, clean, well located, small but with a good atmosphere. The staff were always helpful and friendly. The shower was great and super clean!

safe place, well located, nice staff

The hostel staff were very nice and things worked smoothly here but the rooms didn't have outlets at each bed (just 2 outlets for 8 or 10 people), the only bathrooms were down a flight of stairs from most rooms and at least the men's ones were somewhat dirty and smelled awful. You're right by a subway line so it's easy to get anywhere. The neighborhood itself is relatively quiet but has some nice restaurants, bars, etc.

U Inn Berlin is a lovely affordable place to stay. It is a little out of the way of the city center but this is not a problem as it is very close to an S Bahn/ U Bahn station. There are lockers in the room which although not big enough for a backpack, are a good size for all valuable items. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hostel is clean and in a good condition. I would stay again!

A really great hostel. Very clean, secure, great kitchen, and located in the lively area of Friedrichshain. I'd stay there again.

Really easy to find and get into the main sights of Berlin. No complaints and would stay here again next time I'm in Berlin.

A bit more of a hotel feel (very competent staff, clean etc.), smallish common area, excellent wifi (even in dorms), well-equipped kitchen (probably more sociable than the lounge)

Nice location, there are shopping center, U-bahn, S-bahn and night bus stations nearby; Impeccably clean; great staff; not really a big, crowded party hostel but got a nice chilled, cozy atmosphere. Wifi works like a charm. Thumbs up!

Hostel was super! I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Berlin. The location was great- near the major Ring U-Bahn and in an area that was not too touristy but also not smack in the middle of Kreuzberg. The hostel was super clean with good bathrooms and lounge area. The staff I dealt with were friendly. The only thing I didn't like was one night I came back to the hostel (around 10pm) and the front door was open, allowing anyone to walk right in.

Great place to stay. Other hostels should model themselves from this one. Staff very friendly and willing to help. A little out from Berlin centre, but fairly easy to catch train.

We really enjoyed the hostel. Near public transportation (U-Bahn and S-Bahn), friendly staff, and very clean! I would stay there again!

Very good Hostel! A bit too quiet for my taste but If a quiet and secure hostel with supernice staff and quite central location is what you are looking for then I highly recommend U inn Berlin Hostel! Not to mention that it is clean! The breakfast could have contained yogurt and something else than jam for your toast, but then again, you dont have to eat their breakfast. Just walk a street down and you'll find a mall. once again: I highly recommend this Hostel!

• 18th Jun 2014