U inn Berlin Hostel Reviews

Finowstrasse 36, Friedrichshain, Berlin, Germany

Really easy to find and get into the main sights of Berlin. No complaints and would stay here again next time I'm in Berlin.

A bit more of a hotel feel (very competent staff, clean etc.), smallish common area, excellent wifi (even in dorms), well-equipped kitchen (probably more sociable than the lounge)

Nice location, there are shopping center, U-bahn, S-bahn and night bus stations nearby; Impeccably clean; great staff; not really a big, crowded party hostel but got a nice chilled, cozy atmosphere. Wifi works like a charm. Thumbs up!

Hostel was super! I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Berlin. The location was great- near the major Ring U-Bahn and in an area that was not too touristy but also not smack in the middle of Kreuzberg. The hostel was super clean with good bathrooms and lounge area. The staff I dealt with were friendly. The only thing I didn't like was one night I came back to the hostel (around 10pm) and the front door was open, allowing anyone to walk right in.

Great place to stay. Other hostels should model themselves from this one. Staff very friendly and willing to help. A little out from Berlin centre, but fairly easy to catch train.

We really enjoyed the hostel. Near public transportation (U-Bahn and S-Bahn), friendly staff, and very clean! I would stay there again!

Very good Hostel! A bit too quiet for my taste but If a quiet and secure hostel with supernice staff and quite central location is what you are looking for then I highly recommend U inn Berlin Hostel! Not to mention that it is clean! The breakfast could have contained yogurt and something else than jam for your toast, but then again, you dont have to eat their breakfast. Just walk a street down and you'll find a mall. once again: I highly recommend this Hostel!

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Stayed in a few hostels in my time in Berlin, this was by far the best one. Had sufficient plugs in room, decent wifi, clean toilets and NO STUDENTS!!!

I really enjoyed this place. I made the reservations at the last moment and they had a bed available for the days I needed it. My only complaint is, I wish in the kitchen the staff would put out paper towels.

Although it's located away from Mitte and the East Central district, I loved staying here because it gave me a chance to see more/different districts of Berlin. Lots of food places around the area too. There are people to chat with in dorms and the TV room but you can also have a quiet time by yourself (individual reading lights at the beds).

We had a great stay! Everybody was very friendly, the facilities were very good (hairdryer to lend for free, nice kitchen...). Friedrichshain is a great place in Berlin. I would definentely stay there again.

Nice location, close to Raw temple where you can find many cool clubs and bars. Well located especially for the public transports, the underground U5 is at only 5min walk, same for the S-bahn.

• 9th Jun 2014

Very helpful staff and cool location a little bit outside of main area. Hostel is not too big so atmosphere is good. But not much partying at the hostel itself.

First thing's first- do NOT rely on the hostel's directions. They are horrible. Second, get a hostel in Kreuzberg. Jetpack Alternative kicks this one's ass, not only the hostel itself but the location as well (I stayed there for 2 nights after this one). The one good thing I can say about this place is that the kitchen is a nice place to meet people. However, having washrooms only downstairs is a pain in the ass AND the halls are pitch black at night.

Not a terrible hostel but there's room for improvement. This most frustrating thing about this place is the AWEFUL WiFi. You have to enter in a username and password almost every time you want to use it and eventually this becomes quite annoying. Also, having to enter a code to open the front door was a bit of a pain. New WiFi and card system would be a worthwhile investment. Otherwise, not a bad place. Staff are friendly and beds are comfortable enough.. ;)

Our wifi is offered by one of the biggist providers in the whole of Germany. Sorry, that it didn´t fulfil your expectations. Same for the front door: We do believe in offering a high security standard for our guests and therefore, yes – we have a code system.

If you are traveling on a budget, this is the place for you. its not much of a social hostel but for the price i didn't mind that. There are only 2 showers for the guys but that's not too much of a hassle. Its pretty close to a train stop but you need to ride for 15-20 minutes to reach any touristy places. Overall i enjoyed my stay, but as i prefer slightly more exciting/socially oriented places, i probably wont return to the U inn Berlin. its not you...its me.

So easy to meet people here. Very clean rooms. Staff is very friendly.

Awesome hostel. About a 20min walk to major clubs (e.g. Watergate), and right near the metro. You're in a quiet neighbourhood but can easily get around by U/S-Bahn. Great staff as well, very helpful. Not a party hostel. You'll meet people in the kitchen which is the only real social area. They don't organize going out nights which I think could add a lot, I had to ask around to find out where to go out - but when I did, the staff obliged nicely :)

good: clean, fairly close to S and U bahn, 15 min wolk from nice restorants and pubs center. not so good: atmosphere mor like a hotel, hard to meet new ppl. location not very central, to get to center of berlin tales like 20-30 min, and you have to change S or U bahn at least ones. all in all very nice hostel and good Value for money.

Friendly, helpful management to go with clean and well kept facilities. Great value and good location. Made for a great weekend in Berlin. I would definitely stay again!

• 18th May 2014