UB Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Baga Toiruu street, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Did not enjoy this hostel. Social spaces were very small, clunky and quite hot (this may be true for all UB hostels..) Breakfast was bread and tea. Seriously? This is a new low standard for Breakfast Included.

Great hostel with provide cheap tour, friendly staff and warm bed, close to Peace ave., sukhbaatar square and museum

My two friends and I had an excellent stay here during Mongolia's tourism "off season" in early March. The proprietors were helpful in arranging transportation, baggage storage, and were very flexible about changing our dates to accomodate our organized tour.

The place was grungy in character though kept pretty clean. This hostel is for backpackers so don't expect anything more. For the same price that I paid for the double room I could get a much better deal elsewhere.

Dear Yingqi Lai, I thought you already knew that UB guesthouse was for the backpackers. Have you tried to find any double room with $25 USD/night? I wish you had tried.

This is a solid hostel in UB but does lack decent cooking facilities( need a microwave) and a communal area. the staff, in particular Bobby were great and helped us arrange trips out of UB without pushing tours. You do not need to do tours of Mongolia if you have time to catch public transport. The hostel has a great location next to lots of cheap veggie restaurants and downtown bars etc. the hostel does have a curfew but they will eventually let you in after persistent knocking!

Thank you Bobby for everything! UB Guesthouse is a good place to stay in Ulaan Baator!

A very nice hostel in the heart of UB. Always full of backpackers and with quite helpful staff. Only problems would be that the place is kind of small for all of the people staying there and building is a bit old.