UB Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Baga Toiruu street, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Cosy, comfortable, and congenial. What's not to like? Grand value for the money and the staff is magnificent. At first blush, the place seems a little snug for all those folks. But it turns out to be just right for making friemds with fellow travelers. I shall stay nowhere else in UB tham this wonderful and cosy guesthous. Did I say it was cosy?

It's a nice hostel, but the facilities are all a bit old. But the staff tries everything to keep it clean. The location of the hostel is very central and most important places in UB can be reached by foot. I didn't book a tour through the guesthouse and was not pressured about it by the staff, which I really appreciated. I met people in the Gobi Desert a few days later who had booked through UB Guesthouse and they were very happy with the tour.

I thought it was a bit cramped and dark, but overall it was clean. It is hard to find and the sign is often covered by hanging laundry so ask for very specific directions or have someone meet you. It's good for a night or two but I preferred another hostel I stayed in in UB. The kitchen is very small.

We had a great time here. The beds are good and big but the kitchen is a bit small and sometimes gets too busy. We also did 3 tours (2 ,10 and 6 days) and all were amazing. Definetely recommended!

This hostel is in a great location and super cheap. The showers are clean, but sometimes there is a wait even though there are 4. The kitxhen is small and ot is hard to get a spot to eat breakfast, but the simple breakfast is a nice perk. Bobby is very nice and will help you book tours, but she often seems a bit stressed. If you book the Terelj tour bring your own map or plan where you want to go because no maps or info is provided. The horseback ride2as quite short.

The entrance to the hostel is very hard to find, if you come for the first time. There are no signs and even no housenumbers.

Great place to meet people. Nice large, bright rooms with balconies for drying clothes. Common areas are very small though and it can be difficult to find somewhere to sit. Staff seemed very overworked at busy times and it could be difficult to get anyone's attention.

Stayed here for a few days. Good hostel which has a good location and okay beds. 5 minutes from the square and the departmentstore. Staff was friendly and picked us up at the station. Only thing is that the showers etc is sometimes lacking hot water, but heard that it counts for most of the hostels in the area.

Staff were awesome and helpful, nice chilled social vibe

• 16th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Not an amazing hostel by Westen European standards but certainly seemed to be the best Mongolia had to offer

Great location near Peace Ave. No security for the dorm rooms, but the outside door to the building was always locked. Tiny common room. The staff were extremely helpful, even if you weren't buying one of their tours.

The hostel is a great place both to meet people and plan your journeys around Mongolia. Bobby who runs the hostel is just awesome - I really don't know how she finds the time for everything, but she can help you with literally anything and will know you by name after your first night. Check out the tours that the hostel offers since they are great and cheaper (at list for what I found) compared to other places. Also, Bobby knows a guy named Ganba who can help you with any travel arrangements!

Rooms too small, Lots of Mosquitoes, low quality beds, noisy, thin walls, small kitchen,ect

Hi Myles, Actually my beds are from American Military base camp. I think these are American high quality standard beds. Everyone loves these beds. Bobby

Not a bad Hostel but the staff to concerned to sell their tours in Mongolia (not the best prices...)

We enjoyed our stay at this guesthouse. The very helpful owner arranged a three day tour for us to stay with a nomadic family.

We had a great time in the UB guesthouse. We stayed there for about one week and it was like a little family for us....The location of the guesthouse is also great because it is very central....

Great hostel, very helpful staff!

Great hostel, and very helpful staff!

Stayed 4 nights at UB guesthouse. Its a very cozzy place to stay in UB. Staff is very friendly. Bobby her owner very helpfull. Very good location.

• 5th May 2014
  • Argentina

Great stay at UB guesthouse with my parents. Bobby is a great hostess and she and her staff will make your stay in Ulan Bator a very comfortable one.