UB Guesthouse & Hostel Reviews

Baga Toiruu street, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Great location, good atmosphere, helpful staff - I would stay here again.

Hostels/Guesthouses in Ulaanbaatar are in general not that lovely. They are ok to sleep for one or two nights and to organize trips. However, in UB Guesthouse it's easy to organize trips, because many single travellers are staying here waiting for other people to join their trips. UB has lockers (I missed that in Russia) and the staff helps you, if you want to organize a trip or need to go to an embassy. The location is quite good near to the big Sukhabaar Square.

Very useful to organize tours around mongolia!

Good place to stay!

Great place to stay!

Great location! The hostel is busy, but pretty clean and quiet despite this. The staff were great at answering questions about activities and booking taxis. Everyone seemed pretty laid back, which was a welcome change from the chaos of the streets outside. It's really good value given that it's so close to Suhkbaatar square and all of the museums, shops, and restaurants around the area.

A great hostel! Bobby (who runs the hostel) picked us up from the train station and was extremely helpful, making our stay in Ulaanbaatar very easy! She recommended restaurants, helped organise tours and gave us some great tips for exploring the city. The hostel itself is easy to find, clean, comfortable and very central, and has good wifi and free tea/coffee and breakfast. This was the perfect base for us to explore Mongolia for a few days - I'd definitely recommend it!

• 17th May 2015

Fun environment, and they really try hard to make things comfortable for every guest. Nice amenities for such a low cost place. Free morning coffee, breakfast, etc. Friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. free pickup from the train statation was really great.. definitely to recommend!

• 17th Apr 2015

Loved it! My third time guesthouse experience and the location was awesome, bathrooms were clean, the people staying seemed friendly too. The security of the guesthouse was also very good.It was really good and funny! A lot of great tours( Gobi tours) organized by this guesthouse, I highly recommend this place based on location, cleanliness, and friendliness of other visitors.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Iceland

Helpful Lady. Convenient location. Only bad thing is the polluted air from the outside got into my dorm room and made me cough a lot at night.

Welcoming from when I arrived and my room was all made and good to go. As I winter, the heating system inside was fantastic and very pleasant to walk into after being out in the cold! Breakfast very basic but I was happy with it. The shower wasn't the best as you hold the shower head in the bath tub and would vary in power and heat throughout use. Overall it was a great base for a busy trip, not to mention in a fantastic location (5 minute walk from Chinggis Square).

The room and toilet is tidy and clean. The staff is nice. The hostel fee is definitely worth for it. I love this hostel so much. I will live there if I go to UB again.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

UB guesthouse was a nice stay for my 5 day visit to Mongolia. It was on a good location, pretty much in the center of the city. They have a pick-up service from the train station (and I arrived around 5am) so that was really great! They provide a light breakfast with bread, cookies and tea etc. Dorm rooms were really comfy and it wasn't too cold even if it was the coldest month of the year (January). They have also tours available which are okay and reasonably priced. Recommended!