UNITY Hostel Skopje Reviews

Ilindenska No.1, Skopje, Macedonia

it was a cosy, warm, fully equipped place, where one can feel relaxed, in a good company and stay as if in a friend's home. it was a really pleasant stay and i would recommend it to friends travelling to skopje.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

The hostel is beautiful and the service is perfect !

Fantastic location, really comfy beds with great bed curtains and lots of power sockets for each bed. Big under bed storage with padlocks for luggage.

Fantastic hostel! We were fortunate enough to be dropped off right across the street so didn't have trouble finding the place. Walking distance to all the sights. There was always a staff member which we appreciated. Clean rooms and well stocked kitchen. But best of all, we loved Ollie (the owner) and the atmosphere he has created. It's evident that a lot of love and effort went into making the hostel a welcoming place. We have yet to meet a better hostel owner in the Balkans! Thanks Ollie!

Very good run hostel. I highly recommend the hostel to all interested.

Great little hostel. The living area felt like home

This was BY FAR the most outstanding hostel stay!! There is not a senile category that wasn't excellent and i feel sorry for every hostel i stay in after this as NONE will live up to how great this was!! I felt like i stayed at a friends place. Spectacular facility Spectacular owner & staff!! Will go back in a heart beat!!!!

I've spent two nights at UNITY. It's really close to the city center, you can walk to all places to see in Skopje. It has very friendly staff and clean rooms as well.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

Really cosy and nice place… friendly staff and clean room and bathroom! Thanks!

I cannot say enough about how much I have enjoyed my stay. To say a felt like a part of the family during my stay seems like cliche, but it is absolutely true. From preparing a feast with everyone to meeting friends and having a few drinks, everything has been more than I ever imagined Skopje to be. Thank you so much for everything you have done over this past week. More than anything else, it is experiences like these that make traveling such an incredible adventure.

• 20th Feb 2014

my first experience with the staff ruined my complete impression of the hostel. i arrived quite early (8.30 am.) because i took the night train. upon my arrival i saw the host sleeping on the couch, not willing to lift a finger and just pointing out that c/i is at 2 pm although my bed was ready and no one else had stayed in my 6-bed-dorm. so i took a nap on the couch in the common room and after he woke up, he turned on the music. never experienced sth that rude. this isn't hospitality at all.

great place, awesome staff, very clean, over all very good!!!!

Olly is great as are the rest of the staff and they give you a wealth of information. Really great hostel in a really great city!

The hostel looks a bit off-putting when you first arrive (on the third floor of a sort of grungy-looking tower) but inside it's wonderful - bright, cheerful, extremely clean, very well-equipped kitchen. We stayed in the private double room and it had a TV, a couch and a balcony - such luxury for a hostel! Would definitely stay again.

This was the second hostel I stayed at in Skopje, and it's the one I will always return to. It's new, right in the centre, secure, has a great, friendly atmosphere, all the amenities you need, and is kept completely clean. The owner works really hard to make it a great place for travelers, and it shows.

A very nice hostel and a great town!

Had a lovely stay here. Beds are comfy with individual lights, power points and curtains! Staff friendly and helpful. Lounge comfortable and feels like home. Location good for exploring the city and an easy day trip to Matka. (must see). I plan to stay here again.

very nice accommodation and very helpful staff

nice hostel and friendly staff, really need to change the check in times though 2pm is too late for most people.

We stayed at Unity 3 nights and I can easily say that it was the most pleasent hostel stay ever. The owner (Ollie) is a positive and helpful guy. There is something magical about the hostel. It may be the positive energy that it spreads. I higly recommend and will always come back there whenever I will be at Skopje...Peace!!