USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

I was given a sheet with a big yellow stain in the middle and although the staff member changed it he did so with a sour look on his face, as if it were my fault. The rest of the staff are all very rude and disinterested, save for a couple. One bathroom per 8 bed is very limited. The tours and activities that are offered are ridiculously overpriced as are the beds themselves. Not a bad place overral but if you want friendlier staff and better value then look elsewhere.

I would like to see more breakfast options such as more fruits, cereals with milk and frozen waffles.

Cleaner than some hotels I've stayed in, and feels really spacious and bright. The staff are amazing and super friendly (minus one rude, miserable girl) Big rooms, comfy beds, this hostel is great! Close to walk of fame, oscars theatre, Chinese theatre, hollywood blvd. The only negative is the small kitchen but that can't be helped. Plus you can eat out on the patio if you can't get a seat inside. Hike to Runyan Canyon is well worth it the views are stunning! Would 100% recommend this place!

A decent enough hostel, it's clean and has a good location but didn't think it's worth '$41 a night in an 8 bed dorm.

Great hostel. Noisy but confortable and friendly staff

• 15th Feb 2015

I am traveling from Georgia to California. I did not want to spend an arm and a leg on a hotel, so a friend suggested I try staying at a hostel. Upon arrival I am asked to show my passport- considering I came from GA I didn't have one. I was almost refused a place to stay because I was not traveling from abroad. I was allotted a bed for one night only and had to find another place for the duration of my trip.

• 13th Feb 2015

Place was clean and secure, however the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful.

• 8th Feb 2015

The staff at check-in seemed high. They didn't really know what was going on in reference to our booking through hostelworld. They claimed the hostelworld reservation didn't go through and that this had never happened before. Then after 30 minutes, they managed to get me and my 2 friends in the same room. Otherwise, hostel was great. Clean, quiet, great location and free morning breakfast.

• 7th Feb 2015

You pay for what you get, its more expensive than other options but its clean, secure, good area, breakfeast is more than decent, power points, lights and privacy at each bed, cleaned daily. Lots of activities. Defs stay here again

I liked it so much I didn't want to leave!! In fact, I haven't. I now work there :)

The hostel is conveniently located, just a short walk from Hollywood Boulevard. The place is very secure, has a huge amount of staff and is extremely clean. The beds have quite some privacy, even for bunks. The downside is that the place is quite noisy, also from sounds outside. Breakfast is included, with fresh pancakes. Also, lots of tours are organized and airport transport at good prices. Would stay again.

Very nice and modern hostel, very clean, Central to most places in Hollywood! Rooms spacious and nice, comfy bedsn Everyone was friend however I thought that the staff were very rude at times and very abrupt.

I definitely recommend this hostel if you're doing anything in Hollywood. I walked to Runyan canyon park for Great hiking, Chinese Theatre, Pantages Theatre, and it's really close to the red line which I took to and from Union Station and Universal Studios. And it's near bus 222 that I took to Warner Brothers Studios. And the beds were Amazingly comfortable! My room was 2 girls and 4 guys, everyone was super respectful. The pans for making pancakes were warped. . . Big deal lol

• 1st Feb 2015

This is in a great location, right next to Hollywood Bvld. Beds are comfy and staff are friendly and helpful for the most part but do not know everything so check on maps/internet if you want to go places. Also while I was there the internet was not working which was frustrating! However if you're looking for a decent, good value for money hostel and are relying on public transport in LA this hostel does the job well.

• 31st Jan 2015

Very clean, well organised, good location, good atmosphere and funny pub crawl. I would stay there again.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

I stayed here last year and its still a really great hostel to stay at if your in LA! The breakfast options have changed though since :( no more yoghurt and banana

I've stayed at quite a few hostels and this is by far the best one! A very good location and I felt safe in the neighbourhood and at the hostel. The staff knows a lot when it comes to good hikes, which bus to take or nice places to eat.

Great location, friendly staff, loved the individual lights and powerpoints for each bed. Free breakfast was excellent as we're the nightly dinners for $7. Would recommend staying here.

Really awesome place to be. Hostel arranges loads of free walks or tour sign ups, discount attraction tickets. Staff so helpful with all questions. Easy to meet people in the social areas, and the beds are super comfy. Would definitely stay again if ever in LA. 10/10! Thanks!

Nothing bad to say about this hostel. A lot of staff and pricy, but location is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5