USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Loved our stay here, great location and lots to do with the hostel or on our own, staff were great. Only downside was the dorms got really warm but it is LA in summertime :)

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks so much for making my LA stay amazing! All the activities organised by the hostel were excellent, shown around by people who really knew the area and knew their stuff. The bar crawl was a particular highlight! Really appreciated being able to use the hostel facilities the day of check out - check out is 10am but my flight wasn't until later on that evening. staff were all so friendly and super helpful at all times. Couldn't have asked for anything more! :)

I liked that I was able to use the kitchen and lounge after I'd checked out and was waiting for my shuttle. The breakfast was also really good. I wasn't a fan of Hollywood blvd that much as there wasn't much for me to do other than souvenir shop (lots of bars but I'm underage). Tours were good fun, always ran in the middle of the day for some reason (very hot). Overs all I'm glad I stayed here and would stay again if I was over 21 and in a group.

The breakast ia terrible! No air condition. Summer day and/or night in this hostel is impossible.

Brilliant staff, always happy to help with any query (I had a lot).

The location and the hostel itself was great. It was annoying to show the card every time but it ensured only people who were staying there to enter the building. I just wish the rooms had air conditioning as the fan on the roof was not enough to keep the room cool during the hot summer month of July/August and the shower did not have a warm setting. My room had only a hot or cold setting.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

A great hostel, I travelled to many different hostels in America this summer and this hostel was the best I stayed in. The room was spacious and clean. I loved the design of the beds having a metal surrounding that created almost a den for you and you could charge your belongings. This hostel offered great activities for free or a small charge. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 15th Aug 2015

I loved the sign up tour oportunities and shuttles to go and the BBQ during my stay! The only thing that I didnt like was that the fan in the room turned off when we turned the lights off so it was very uncomfortable to sleep...I wish the roo s has AC!!!

• 15th Aug 2015

Checkout at 10am is too early. Needs to be changed to 11am. Staff weren't always friendly.

Absolutely LOVED my stay at USA Hostels Hollywood! The facilities were great, the atmosphere was great and there were plenty of activities on offer. The rooms had their own bathroom (which were cleaned very thoroughly) and lockers were a suitable size to put valuables in. The staff were friendly and professional!

I had a fantastic stay. The staff were lovely, as we're all the guests. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Mote shower and toilet facilities would be good, especially at this price.

Good hostel but not for the people (not staff) I mean, people in the hostel are likely to enjoy parties and it is fine with me. It is their business but after the party, they took shower at 1 am or noon... Everything is really great. Place, kind staff, facilities.. but if you want stay in a tranquil place or a quiet hostel, I do not want to recommend this hostel. That is th only deficit this hostel has.

I like to much this hostel!

This hostel had a very good location and had very clean and well designed rooms with loads of charging points and private bunk beds. We enjoyed our stay here!

Fantastic location!! Only bad thing about this hostel is lack of toilets!! What a joke, had to wait for about an hour due to everyone showering. Went to try and use the 3 only other communal toilets all taken for the whole time. Apart from this it was a fantastic hostel.

I didn't like the atmosphere, which in fairness was mainly dictated by the guests staying at the time, but could have been better with more social events.

This hostel is great value for money situated about 45 minutes outside of the national park. There is a sauna and spa which is perfect after a days hiking. The home made food and bar was also spot on! Altogether a great hostel and great value for money.

As a single traveller this place allowed for full participation in meals, tours, meeting people, being safe! This place was amazing! The dude overnight was amazing, let me in when my shuttle dropped me off at 3am, checked me in and gave me everything I needed. The security door process is awesome. Felt super secure. Plenty of food places around and super central to all the fun! Would certainly recommend to everyone! Thanks guys!

A decent hostel with friendly staff and good facilities. If you're looking to go to Hollywood it's relatively close, however the area immediately surrounding the hostel is quite trashy.

• 27th Jul 2015