USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

A decent hostel with friendly staff and good facilities. If you're looking to go to Hollywood it's relatively close, however the area immediately surrounding the hostel is quite trashy.

• 27th Jul 2015

Great location and great outdoor area.

:-) It is just awesome.

Awesome hostel in Hollywood area. Everything are great except that you have to be checked out by 10 am, which is too early for most of us.

Lack of air on made the room unbearable to sleep in, worst night sleep in any hostel j have stayed in. Homeless in street and outside bedroom was bothersome

• 19th Jul 2015

really wish I stayed there for longer, great place both staff and other residents friendly and fun

Very good location. The hostel offers plenty of free tours and cheap tours for us. Most of the staffs are very sociable and friendly.

Great! Best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Breakfast choices were good, steady supply of fruit and milk. Layout cramped at peak hour. A more user friendly system for doing dishes to avoid waiting in a line because with checkout time being at 10 am I was really rushing and waiting 10 min to do my dishes made it stressful as I was told in no uncertain terms I'd be charged another $10 if I was late checking out. Lots of travelers arrive late at night and 10 am is too earlier to checkout. Every other hostel has 11 am checkout .

• 14th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Some staff were not friendly at all.

Although the location was good, the general atmosphere of the place was undesirable for me. When I first entered the hostel, the smell of weed and alcohol immediately hit me in the face. I disliked that. That was why I shifted out after the 1st night. Although some of the staff was friendly, there were a few of them (one particular male staff) who saw my friends and I struggling with our suitcases but did not bother to assist us with them when we had to move them up/down to our rooms.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

There are too many people smoking weed and partying within or just outside the building. The fpushing system is weak as it is not able to flush a lot of things.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Great location. Decent price. Decent facilities. Security needs a bit of work

This was the first hostel I stayed at on my trip around California, and made such a good impression that I stayed at other USA hostels in San Francisco and San Diego. Great place, great atmosphere and activities, helpful and friendly staff. I felt safe and welcome and had a awesome time here. Highly recommended!

The beds were the comfiest I've stayed in, the staff was helpful and I loved the make your own pancake breakfast station! The map provided with food and attraction ideas was very helpful and very appreciated.

• 29th Jun 2015

Wish the shower water is faster .. and more forceful.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • India

A lot of fun awesome staff and people, great value for money!

• 25th Jun 2015

Hostel staff were helpful, it was clean and comfortable and had different activities every night. Good place to meet people. Facilities were great.

Good location next to Hollywood Boulevard. No parking for the hostel but we managed to get an ok deal from the lot across the street as we paid for 4 days up front - be prepared to haggle though. The room was comfortable and had an en suite. Wifi was good. Would recommend if you're in LA and on a budget.

Very clean, great staff. Though not located in a very safe neighborhood, the hostel itself makes travelers feel very safe staying there

• 22nd Jun 2015