USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Pretty cool hostel. Very clean and organized. The atmosphere was lacking. People didn't seem like they wanted to meet anyone. Staff were friendly but could have encouraged more hostel comraderie. Perfect if you want to explore Hollywood tourist attractions.

Some unwanted hairs on my bed but other than that, great place! Breakfast was a dinky but you can't ask for much at $40 a night. Great place!

• 13th Mar 2015

Great location and great staff. But didn't like the atmosphere at all. Would not come back because of that

• 10th Mar 2015

Front desk staffs are really kind. I arrived in LA in the morning after riding night bus. So I need to rinse my hair, and the staffs allow to wash myself before check-in. Because of that, I spent nice time in LA. Beds in dormitory are nice. Beds have wall not to be seen, and also have personal lights. The location is good to go hollywood and universial studio. But at night, it can be little dangerous because little far from crowded hollywood avenue.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Great hostel, great place to meet people from all over the world! The only thing is that American hostels are quite expensive and booking a hotel sometimes might be cheaper. However, I can only recommend it. They also offer a Programme for the day, which is a great thing!

really nice and new hostel. offer many activities for day and night.

The place is situated in the best location that you can find in Los Angeles only one block of the fame hall in Hollywood. If you want to go from the airport you need to take the flyway shuttle for only 8 usd.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

The location is right in Hollywood, awesome except that the window of my room and bathroom peered onto a parking lot where bums would hangout. My biggest qualm is the en-suite bathrooms, people leave it messy, you have to wait to use it if someone else is in there, and hurry if someone is waiting. Perfect for meeting people. The outdoor lounge creates a social environment and I was up until 5am both nights of my stay chatting with people from around the world. An unforgettable, awesome time!

I really enjoyed my stay at USA Hostels Hollywood. The facilities were excellent and I really loved that there was all-you-can-eat pasta the night I was there. I only stayed for one night and thought that was much easier than finding my own dinner. The location was close to Hollywood Boulevard but in general I felt a little unsafe in the whole area around, nothing to do with the hostel though. Overall really enjoyed my stay and would recommend.

I was given a sheet with a big yellow stain in the middle and although the staff member changed it he did so with a sour look on his face, as if it were my fault. The rest of the staff are all very rude and disinterested, save for a couple. One bathroom per 8 bed is very limited. The tours and activities that are offered are ridiculously overpriced as are the beds themselves. Not a bad place overral but if you want friendlier staff and better value then look elsewhere.

Awesome hostel, totally recommended!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Chile

I would like to see more breakfast options such as more fruits, cereals with milk and frozen waffles.

Cleaner than some hotels I've stayed in, and feels really spacious and bright. The staff are amazing and super friendly (minus one rude, miserable girl) Big rooms, comfy beds, this hostel is great! Close to walk of fame, oscars theatre, Chinese theatre, hollywood blvd. The only negative is the small kitchen but that can't be helped. Plus you can eat out on the patio if you can't get a seat inside. Hike to Runyan Canyon is well worth it the views are stunning! Would 100% recommend this place!

A decent enough hostel, it's clean and has a good location but didn't think it's worth '$41 a night in an 8 bed dorm.

Great hostel. Noisy but confortable and friendly staff

• 15th Feb 2015

What a great hostel! One of the best I have stayed at. Breakfast was excellent, the rooms were really great. Loved the full sized lockers with outlets... genius! And the privacy screens on the beds were great too, but they block the fan and no air conditioning is hard to adjust to. The staff were really nice, and helpful. The hostel was super clean, I saw them moving furniture to clean behind it every single day, I don't even do that at my house! I would stay again any time!

I am traveling from Georgia to California. I did not want to spend an arm and a leg on a hotel, so a friend suggested I try staying at a hostel. Upon arrival I am asked to show my passport- considering I came from GA I didn't have one. I was almost refused a place to stay because I was not traveling from abroad. I was allotted a bed for one night only and had to find another place for the duration of my trip.

• 13th Feb 2015

Place was clean and secure, however the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful.

• 8th Feb 2015

The staff at check-in seemed high. They didn't really know what was going on in reference to our booking through hostelworld. They claimed the hostelworld reservation didn't go through and that this had never happened before. Then after 30 minutes, they managed to get me and my 2 friends in the same room. Otherwise, hostel was great. Clean, quiet, great location and free morning breakfast.

• 7th Feb 2015

Aging hostel but it was decent. Room smelt very musty so we had to open the windows and turn on the fan. Appreciated the power outlets and light at every bed, and also the power outlet in the lockers! Good location for Hollywood but be aware that it gets very noisy at night especially on Fridays as there are loads of party animals in the area. Hostel is located next to a parking lot so there were loads of people, making car noises and what not. Had to compromise and close some windows...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5