USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Was a good choice for a place to start. Many friendly people. Nice to check out Hollywood. Everything is nearby. Even the subway. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Really nice place, very clean with great facilities. Quite expensive, might stop me from staying again, but great for a few nights.

• 25th Mar 2015

One of the most disgusting hostels I have stayed at. One of the staff members was stoned 24/7 and messed up several of my bookings I had made. My dorm room smelt. Good facilities but they really need to clean up their act. Would not recommend staying at this hostel. I won't be back.

The location is perfect if you want to be right at the walk of fame but otherwise this is not a very fancy or clean area. The hostel offers lots of free stuff (walking tours to Hollywood sign, shuttle to the beach) but this is often first come, first served. Still the breakfast was fantastic (hot chocolate and butter/chocolate/jam spreading was missing). I loved the cleanliness of the hostel. The room is as dirty as your room mates are. Minus: no checking in before 11AM even if room is ready.

Pretty cool hostel. Very clean and organized. The atmosphere was lacking. People didn't seem like they wanted to meet anyone. Staff were friendly but could have encouraged more hostel comraderie. Perfect if you want to explore Hollywood tourist attractions.

Very clean and safe. It's very well located, just near all the touristic places of Hollywood and close to the subway. Good facilities, and good staff... That said, I have to say it's expensive. More expensive than other hostels around it. You pay for what you get. If you are not in a very tight budget, I think it's worthy. The breakfast was nice in general, but other spreads apart from butter (for example, peanut butter) would have been nice. I really liked the raisins & cinnamon point!

The location is perfect, right off Hollywood Boulevard, everything is in walking distance! Very secure, friendly staff, great offers on tours, shuttles and pub crawls.... Only thing that would be great is if the hostel had deals with the close by parking garages, fees are very high and almost doubled the cost of our stay...

• 20th Mar 2015

Honestly one of the best hostels ever!

Some unwanted hairs on my bed but other than that, great place! Breakfast was a dinky but you can't ask for much at $40 a night. Great place!

• 13th Mar 2015

Great location and great staff. But didn't like the atmosphere at all. Would not come back because of that

• 10th Mar 2015

Front desk staffs are really kind. I arrived in LA in the morning after riding night bus. So I need to rinse my hair, and the staffs allow to wash myself before check-in. Because of that, I spent nice time in LA. Beds in dormitory are nice. Beds have wall not to be seen, and also have personal lights. The location is good to go hollywood and universial studio. But at night, it can be little dangerous because little far from crowded hollywood avenue.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Great hostel, great place to meet people from all over the world! The only thing is that American hostels are quite expensive and booking a hotel sometimes might be cheaper. However, I can only recommend it. They also offer a Programme for the day, which is a great thing!

really nice and new hostel. offer many activities for day and night.

The place is situated in the best location that you can find in Los Angeles only one block of the fame hall in Hollywood. If you want to go from the airport you need to take the flyway shuttle for only 8 usd.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

The location is right in Hollywood, awesome except that the window of my room and bathroom peered onto a parking lot where bums would hangout. My biggest qualm is the en-suite bathrooms, people leave it messy, you have to wait to use it if someone else is in there, and hurry if someone is waiting. Perfect for meeting people. The outdoor lounge creates a social environment and I was up until 5am both nights of my stay chatting with people from around the world. An unforgettable, awesome time!

I really enjoyed my stay at USA Hostels Hollywood. The facilities were excellent and I really loved that there was all-you-can-eat pasta the night I was there. I only stayed for one night and thought that was much easier than finding my own dinner. The location was close to Hollywood Boulevard but in general I felt a little unsafe in the whole area around, nothing to do with the hostel though. Overall really enjoyed my stay and would recommend.

I was given a sheet with a big yellow stain in the middle and although the staff member changed it he did so with a sour look on his face, as if it were my fault. The rest of the staff are all very rude and disinterested, save for a couple. One bathroom per 8 bed is very limited. The tours and activities that are offered are ridiculously overpriced as are the beds themselves. Not a bad place overral but if you want friendlier staff and better value then look elsewhere.

Awesome hostel, totally recommended!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Chile

I would like to see more breakfast options such as more fruits, cereals with milk and frozen waffles.

Cleaner than some hotels I've stayed in, and feels really spacious and bright. The staff are amazing and super friendly (minus one rude, miserable girl) Big rooms, comfy beds, this hostel is great! Close to walk of fame, oscars theatre, Chinese theatre, hollywood blvd. The only negative is the small kitchen but that can't be helped. Plus you can eat out on the patio if you can't get a seat inside. Hike to Runyan Canyon is well worth it the views are stunning! Would 100% recommend this place!