USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Really awesome place to be. Hostel arranges loads of free walks or tour sign ups, discount attraction tickets. Staff so helpful with all questions. Easy to meet people in the social areas, and the beds are super comfy. Would definitely stay again if ever in LA. 10/10! Thanks!

Nothing bad to say about this hostel. A lot of staff and pricy, but location is good.

Location is everything, and it doesn't hurt that the rooms were tidy and the free breakfast in the morning was awesome too, will definitely recommend them to friends.

• 20th Jan 2015

perfect when you only have one day in Hollywood and want to see Star Avenue, Universal Studios etc. Staff knowledgeable. Great location. Clean. Fun but also very easy to get sleep. Limo party was great. It's the perfect combination of being able to chill, to party or to sight see. Slept very well very comfy beds. Shuttle pick up to the airport. I can honestly say this was just the perfect place for that small time I had to see Star Avenue, Hollywood BLVD and the VIP day trip to Universal Studios

Great location - right in between Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd. Easy walk to lots of great places to eat as well. Rooms were clean, as was the bathroom. Great shuttle that runs between here and the HI at Santa Monica, or the airport, or other locations, which saved lugging our stuff around on the public buses. Made life a lot easier!

good place just a bit pricey I checked in at 4 45 am because the train stopped running at 12 and they gave me no discount

This hostel was really good place to enjoy Hollywood mood! So many traveler and young people stay here, so u can feel vibrant energy. Price is also reasonable but hostel offer u breakfast, towel, entertainment, etc. If I visit LA again, probably I'm gonna stay this hostel.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Location is good, ten minutes walk to the subway. Although it is a bit far away from the beach, there's free shuttle. The staff were always nice and helpful except the one that helped me checking in. Great activities for meeting people. Patio BBQ is cool. Met some awesome friends here!

Great atmosphere for socializing, meeting new people and winding down. Loved the comedy show upstairs. Front desk was helpful in recommending places to go, things to see, and restaurants to eat at.

• 8th Jan 2015

Great location, friendly staff, central location, lot of organized activities, good breakfast. I would recommend to friends.

The staff was not helpful at all, everybody is a bit rude and this scheme of asking for your card every time you enter is really annoying. Additionally, it was very expensive for what we got. The rooms are very small. Last, all these signs trying to tell you how to behave made me feel in a boarding school

We regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us and have contacted you separately to see what happened regarding staff. In reference to the key checks, we are glad to know our receptionists are following the rules as security of our guests is of top importance to us and the key check is a way to ensure no strangers enter the building. As for the signage, most of that is 'tongue in check' but you would be surprised how many people do not understand traveler etiquette.

Besides it´s amazing kitchen, this hostel serves a poor variety of food for breakfast. Comfortable beds and awsome shower. The decoration is modern and they offer a lot of tours around the city, some for free. The staff is very helpfull and everything is pristine. It would be almost perfect if wifi worked better.

Good security. Have to pass through checks at two separate doors to get in. If you rent a car there is a parking lot you have to pay for across the street ($20/day but you may be able to get a discount if you pay for a few days or week at a time). Walking distance to main attractions on Hollywood Blvd. Across the street from the LGBT center. Walking distance to Enterprise rental cars. Free breakfast. I didn't have the breakfast but someone said there are pancakes. Hot water lasts in the showers.

• 22nd Dec 2014

It was a very friendly environment and the staff were very helpful and engaging. The location was fantastic as it was close to major attractions and other places were easily accessible via public transport. I had a very comfortable nights sleep throughout my stay and was very pleased with the security and cleanliness of the facilities.

• 15th Dec 2014

Great location in terms of its proximity Hollywood Boulevard but Hollywood itself is a bit boring with not much happening. Otherwise no complaints!

We had the worst snorer in our room! I got no sleep for 3 nights, also when we arrived the room and bathroom were pretty dirty and smelly..breakfast is very average. Good activities planned though which is really convenient and the hostel hopper bus is awesome!

• 14th Dec 2014

We regret that you did not find the bathroom and room up to standard. We have contacted you separately to see what time of day you checked in. While we clean each morning, unfortunately messy roommates can make for quite a change to the room's appearance.

This is hostel is the best I have stayed at by far. Their breakfast options and all you can eat dinners make your trip so much easier as you don't have to worry about spending so much money on food. The tours are well put together at affordable prices and delivered in such a great way. I really enjoyed staying here and would be back again in a heart beat!

• 9th Dec 2014

And we'd welcome you back anytime! Thanks for all the great stuff you said about us. It's really appreciated. We hope you try out our other hostels in San Fran and San Diego too!

Really great! Here for 2 nights. Lovely staff, always helpful and friendly. Right off hollywood blvd. close to universal studios on the metro. Rooms good. With lockers. Bathroom in room. Very comfortable and relaxed.

• 9th Dec 2014

Great location, staff are fantastic! very helpful and pleasant to be around. Breakfast was good. I never got to do some of the activities they offered but they sounded great! Top job guys!

Thanks so much for your kind words!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. This hostel is towards the higher end on price but worth every penny!

Thanks for your feeback and high score. It's much appreciated!