USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the place as a whole was clean and very welcoming. Would 100% stay here again.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Really great place - definitely out best Hostel so far. The people at reception were really helpful and there is a really fun atmosphere here but most importantly the breakfast is amazing - those pancakes and worth the money alone !

• 21st Jun 2014

thanks for the great review! We hope you had lots of pancakes!

Staff were very friendly and helpful. they showed you around and explained everything when you first arrive which was great.

I had my hair straightener stolen from the bathroom I assume by the cleaners cause I was in a room full of boys and I doubt they would have wanted it

• 16th Jun 2014

I had a great time staying, staff were helpful and there was a range of extra activities available.

• 16th Jun 2014

Nice Hostel, would stay there again. I have to mention the staff are outstanding, they were very helpful

Thanks so much for the great review. We'll share your comments with the staff.

Great staff that encouraged more of a party atmosphere out in the front seating area. Good location, very close to hollywood blvd without being too loud.

Great hostel!

Fantastic hostel ticked every box not a single thing I can think of to tell you that isn't great!

The hostel was great, very neat, clean, fun, and with very good facilities.

You are awesome guys =D

I loved it here! I'm a really shy quiet person but i managed to meet and make friends here. Also shout out to the reception blonde with a (british accent i believe) works in the mornings. really took care of the guys in our room after an incident with someone who had too much to drink. I will most likely be staying Here or over at Podshare when i visit LA

when a new friend is made and the memories of a stay with us are good, then we've done our best and fulfilled our commitment to hostelling. great to hear!

Great hostel, great location, plenty of activities free or low cost, free breakfast, rooms are great, some power points in lockers are also great

My stay at the hostel for a night was perfect

i have mixed feelings about this place. the location is awesome and the front patio is a GREAT hangout spot. it is also nice that there is a bathroom inside the dorm. however, i booked for 2 people but they put us in separate rooms. the apathetic front desk staff member, jaimie kept repeating that they sometimes can't put groups together... SORRY BUT 2 PEOPLE DOESN'T COUNT AS A GROUP! i wouldn't say she was rude but just cold/uncaring. luckily, another staff noted to give us $10 for the mistake

argh. We really regret this happened to you. it doesn't make the situation better, but sometimes we are so booked up that it's hard to keep people together...nonetheless we should have tried harder to find a solution. We hope that doesn't put you off our hostels and hope you give one of our other locations in San Fran or San Diego a try.

If you want to meet people in a nice athmosphere next to the Hollywood Boulevard, this is exactly the right place to do. I had a wonderful time. Thanks to all the nice staff, who always tried to find a solution for every problem or question.

We'll be sure to read the staff your review. thanks!

Very friendly helpful staff, room was lovely clean and spacious. Decent sized lockers, well located hostel. Enjoyed my stay!

I don't have anything negative to say about this place. Met some amazing people on the patio and through the hostel's very well organized events. Was easy to get around as it's close to two metro stations and has great connections with the Hostel Hopper. Friendly staff, but Louie was the most memorable because he'd hang out with the guests on the patio and make sure everyone was having a good time on the pub crawl.

thanks so much for the great score!

This hostel is a great location for people wanting to visit the Hollywood area. They offer numerous tours/shuttles (some are free), and $7 all-you-can-eat dinners. The rooms are a good size, with a clean en suite bathrooms. The night-lights and power sockets for each bed are great. Some staff were friendly and welcoming, others were not and seemed to have an attitude.

oh darn! all was going good with that review until the very end. We apologize that you didn't find all the staff friendly. We certainly want all our guests to feel welcome and at home. We're glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Felt just like home away from home. $7 all you can eat dinner some nights is amazing :) lovely staff always happy to help.

• 3rd Jun 2014

thanks mate! it makes us feel we're doing the right thing when people say it feels like home....only you gottta do your own dishes in our place. :-)