USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Place was clean and secure, however the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful.

• 8th Feb 2015

The staff at check-in seemed high. They didn't really know what was going on in reference to our booking through hostelworld. They claimed the hostelworld reservation didn't go through and that this had never happened before. Then after 30 minutes, they managed to get me and my 2 friends in the same room. Otherwise, hostel was great. Clean, quiet, great location and free morning breakfast.

• 7th Feb 2015

Aging hostel but it was decent. Room smelt very musty so we had to open the windows and turn on the fan. Appreciated the power outlets and light at every bed, and also the power outlet in the lockers! Good location for Hollywood but be aware that it gets very noisy at night especially on Fridays as there are loads of party animals in the area. Hostel is located next to a parking lot so there were loads of people, making car noises and what not. Had to compromise and close some windows...

You pay for what you get, its more expensive than other options but its clean, secure, good area, breakfeast is more than decent, power points, lights and privacy at each bed, cleaned daily. Lots of activities. Defs stay here again

I liked it so much I didn't want to leave!! In fact, I haven't. I now work there :)

The hostel is conveniently located, just a short walk from Hollywood Boulevard. The place is very secure, has a huge amount of staff and is extremely clean. The beds have quite some privacy, even for bunks. The downside is that the place is quite noisy, also from sounds outside. Breakfast is included, with fresh pancakes. Also, lots of tours are organized and airport transport at good prices. Would stay again.

Very nice and modern hostel, very clean, Central to most places in Hollywood! Rooms spacious and nice, comfy bedsn Everyone was friend however I thought that the staff were very rude at times and very abrupt.

I definitely recommend this hostel if you're doing anything in Hollywood. I walked to Runyan canyon park for Great hiking, Chinese Theatre, Pantages Theatre, and it's really close to the red line which I took to and from Union Station and Universal Studios. And it's near bus 222 that I took to Warner Brothers Studios. And the beds were Amazingly comfortable! My room was 2 girls and 4 guys, everyone was super respectful. The pans for making pancakes were warped. . . Big deal lol

• 1st Feb 2015

This is in a great location, right next to Hollywood Bvld. Beds are comfy and staff are friendly and helpful for the most part but do not know everything so check on maps/internet if you want to go places. Also while I was there the internet was not working which was frustrating! However if you're looking for a decent, good value for money hostel and are relying on public transport in LA this hostel does the job well.

• 31st Jan 2015

Very clean, well organised, good location, good atmosphere and funny pub crawl. I would stay there again.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

I stayed here last year and its still a really great hostel to stay at if your in LA! The breakfast options have changed though since :( no more yoghurt and banana

I've stayed at quite a few hostels and this is by far the best one! A very good location and I felt safe in the neighbourhood and at the hostel. The staff knows a lot when it comes to good hikes, which bus to take or nice places to eat.

Great location, friendly staff, loved the individual lights and powerpoints for each bed. Free breakfast was excellent as we're the nightly dinners for $7. Would recommend staying here.

Really awesome place to be. Hostel arranges loads of free walks or tour sign ups, discount attraction tickets. Staff so helpful with all questions. Easy to meet people in the social areas, and the beds are super comfy. Would definitely stay again if ever in LA. 10/10! Thanks!

Nothing bad to say about this hostel. A lot of staff and pricy, but location is good.

Location is everything, and it doesn't hurt that the rooms were tidy and the free breakfast in the morning was awesome too, will definitely recommend them to friends.

• 20th Jan 2015

perfect when you only have one day in Hollywood and want to see Star Avenue, Universal Studios etc. Staff knowledgeable. Great location. Clean. Fun but also very easy to get sleep. Limo party was great. It's the perfect combination of being able to chill, to party or to sight see. Slept very well very comfy beds. Shuttle pick up to the airport. I can honestly say this was just the perfect place for that small time I had to see Star Avenue, Hollywood BLVD and the VIP day trip to Universal Studios

Great location - right in between Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd. Easy walk to lots of great places to eat as well. Rooms were clean, as was the bathroom. Great shuttle that runs between here and the HI at Santa Monica, or the airport, or other locations, which saved lugging our stuff around on the public buses. Made life a lot easier!

good place just a bit pricey I checked in at 4 45 am because the train stopped running at 12 and they gave me no discount

This hostel was really good place to enjoy Hollywood mood! So many traveler and young people stay here, so u can feel vibrant energy. Price is also reasonable but hostel offer u breakfast, towel, entertainment, etc. If I visit LA again, probably I'm gonna stay this hostel.

• 13th Jan 2015