USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Felt just like home away from home. $7 all you can eat dinner some nights is amazing :) lovely staff always happy to help.

• 3rd Jun 2014

thanks mate! it makes us feel we're doing the right thing when people say it feels like home....only you gottta do your own dishes in our place. :-)

Good location, good vibe and helpful staff. The best thing was the privacy pods on the beds with a power point, light and little shelf. All hostels should have these. Would stay here again.

Thanks for your great review! We're glad you like the privacy pods...we decided to create them after we couldn't figure out where to put our glasses or phone at night...as travelers ourselves we want things to be as easy and helpful as possible. Happy Travels.

LOVED my stay at this hostel! Greatly recommended. Rooms were clean, each bed had it's own socket and night light. Bathroom was clean as well. The Kitchen was ok, breakfast in the morning could include milk. Patio in the front had a very good ambiance and very great for socializing. Would stay there again!

Great hostel. Incredibly easy to meet people and make new friends. The walking tours are great as are the pub crawls and the shuttle buses to other places. Bit of a dodgy area of a night time but besides that, I loved it. Would definitely stay there again.

The location simply cannot be beat. It's just off of Hollywood Blvd. I also loved the privacy pods with the little light, shelf, and outlets. The upstairs hangout room was underutilized; not sure why. The free breakfast was great! Make sure you sign up early for the shuttle to Venice Beach, I had to take a different shuttle which wasn't free but still a pretty good deal. I saw the people who worked at the hostel constantly cleaning the place which was nice. I'd stay here again!

Got yelled at by staff. Like full on actually yelled at. They told us breakfast was served at 6 and I had to leave for the airport at 6.20 however they didn't have breakfast yet. I asked the guy who was setting it up if maybe he could just grab me a bagel or something and he went off at me. He was humiliating and unnecessary and just unacceptable. Was also not impressed by the cleanliness since we were baking pancakes out of the Sam's pan for hours with batter that wasn't cooled. Tour was bad

• 26th May 2014

We apologize that a member of our staff was not helpful to you. This is completely unacceptable to us and we think we've located who on staff was taking out their grumpiness on you and he has been disciplined. As for the pancake batter - it usually is meant to be used at room temperature. We store it in the fridge overnight and have to let it 'warm up' so it will pour correctly. If it too cold it just stays in the container. Our manager will be contacting you directly to discuss your experience.

First hostel visit ever in the states. I liked it a lot. Staff could have told us that there were extra bathrooms and not only the ones in the room. Other than that I was happy with my stay.

• 24th May 2014

All pub crows around de world are free, in this hostel we have to pay 15 dolars, does no make sense... But in general, this hostel is good.

There is a charge for the pub crawl because many places in Hollywood charge cover or make you wait in line. We get preferred treatment as a group and this fees helps with that.

The Hollywood boulevard is a little bit sketchy but we were ok. There is a parking lot across the street, we paid 50$ for 3 night. Hostel has all equipped kitchen, ensuite room was really nice. According to my reservation i remembered that the tax was included in the room price but when we checked in. It was not :( Also the receptions in european hostels are a bit more friendlier.

Great hostel. Highly recommended. The social atmosphere is fantastic.

Compared with other hostels, the breakfast is not that good.

We're sorry you didn't like our breakfast. Our research has shown that we offer quite a bit more than other Los Angeles hostels with our variety of bakeries, all you can make pancakes, oatmeal, fresh fruit, fruit juices and coffee/tea, but we'd love to learn what more is being served elsewhere. We will contact you directly to follow up.

I love this hostel, I met a lot of people there... The rooms are pretty comfortable... Great security... The staff is not as friendly as the hostel, but you can handle with that.... They have a shuttle service from Hostel to LAX for 16 USD... I'll stay here again on my next LA visit.

The excellent breakfast gets you started. Plenty of entertaining activities while indoors. Central location is PERFECT for exploring L.A. (Not just the tourist attractions but the REAL Los Angeles.) SAFE...Frequent law enforcemt patrols & close proximity of police station, the Security team keep the large homeless population at bay & brazen panhandlers in check. Front desk personnel are either VERY friendly or VERY unfriendly. LA is known for 100 degree days but there is no air conditioning

• 16th May 2014

Thanks for the insightful feedback. We are glad you enjoyed breakfast and our location but are concerned about the staff you mentioned. We'll write to you separately about that. Regarding the weather, this part of LA very infrequently sees days of more than 85 degrees with typically cool nights requiring a light jacket or sweater. It's more inland in 'the valley' where the temps are high. however, the recent heatwave did tax our cooling system a bit.

The USA hostel in Hollywood is not as good as their one in San Fran. Excellent location, good staff, but no real indoor area conducive to hanging around and meeting people (tv is always on). There is an outdoor area but this gets way too hot. The rooms at night also get pretty stuffy. Good wifi, decent kitchen & free continental breakfast provided. Also a great pub crawl put on by the hostel and the area is fantastic for the night life! The night shift worker needs to calm down slightly.

Some of the staff proved to be unhappy and unreasonable at times.

• 15th May 2014

Hi James. Thanks for the great overall scores, but we'll contact you directly about the staff. We value good customer service and want to figure out what happened during your stay. We appreciate the candor.

USA hostel is a nice hostel with a very good location , staff is really helpful , would love to go back and stay

• 11th May 2014
  • India

I like very much this Hostel for the location and atmosphere

Cool common aria out side. Best standard of all hostels i stayed in USA Florida/ Los Angeles. (THAT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH)

글쎄요... 여러가지 행사를 많이하는건 좋은것 같아요. 무료투어 행사도 진행하고.. 근데 전체적으로 시간도 안지키고... 너무 늦게까지 술마시는 사람이 많은데다 시끄러움

• 8th May 2014
  • South Korea

i pad works quite slowly.