USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

My experience in this hostel was fantastic. the usa hostel branch is the best i've stayed in so far. I've met so many good people, nice location, safe and clean. No free parking, but you can park your car across the street for a discouny if you tell you're staying at usa hostels.

The hostel is clean, safe, plays music during the day, but dont expect to meet interesting people there. LA is hard city to get.. so you will meet typical tourists. the types ones that dont travel alone, too cool for schooL.The front desk staff , that blond girl..american one.. likes to play cool, but was very mean, when i asked her if i could print a paper for free, she said once YES.. but i didnt hear and second time i asked she said I TOLD U YES.. very mean voice.

The hostel is in a good location, pretty much off the walk of game and a short walk to the Chinese theatre. Loved the privacy screens on the beds and free brekkie is always a bonus. Would come back again.

Asked at the reception how to get to the Hollywood Sign, got: "here's a Citymap, info is all on the back!" He seriously refused to explain it to me... Very bad and unprofessional customer service! thx Johnny

For sure one of the best Hostel I have ever been! Yes it was quite expensive but considering you are in Hollywood Blv is not justified???

best hostel I have every stayed in!!

• 9th Apr 2014

I liked the free hikes and shuttle to Venice Beach.

though didn't speed long time in the hostel, but the stuffs are so kind to help me. great yard to relax and meet new friends.

The staff are amazing. Super friendly, very knowledgeable. One night our group had a shady character follow us all of the street and the bloke behind the desk looked after it all and hearded 10 drunks up stairs no worries The beds are some of the best I have had, they have a metal hide away style thing that has some PowerPoint's etc - awesome idea. I'm 6"3 and still managed to squeeze ok too. Nightly events are sick, the meals and everything. Best hostel I have been too

good hostel, but hollywood was not my favorite place to stay.

Generally, the hostel is very good. It is very clean, and the general environment is very friendly. I like the breakfast, which is very convenient and save you a lot of trouble. I also like the kitchen, so that I can cook my own foods with all the cookers and dishes provided. I like the bed and the lockers too, because they provide several plugs for charging electronic devices. Though it is a bit more expensive than other hostels, it is worth the money.

The staff were very helpful with recommending places for me to visit. I had a great time and will consider staying here next time I go on a trip in California!

• 27th Mar 2014

Location great & activities provided by the hostel on a budget were a bonus. The 2 that I went on were with staff who had knowledge of the area and enthusiasm! However, at reception the staff were hit and miss. Generally you had to wait for them to finish their conversation before they acknowledged you. The additional shower (though there is no block, just the odd one) was really dirty and uninviting. The rooms were OK but 6 girls & 1 shower means an additional shower block is necessary!

Great hostel , really comfy stay...and a bunch of really great friendly staff

AMAZING HOSTEL. So clean. Very safe. The staff was incredible too. Highly recommend this place! A bit expensive for a hostel, but you definitely get what you pay for.

• 19th Mar 2014

It was my first time travelling on my own and this hostel has a nice outdoor area, where you can hang out and meet people. Beside that there is a lot of social activities. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly, delicious breakfast. Perfect!

Very good hostel, highly recommended.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Very good hostel, Good dorm room, clean, well equipped and quiet. Good staff and ideally located in the heart of Hollywood. I recommend it.

• 14th Mar 2014

Very clean, well organized and in a good location. Local restaurants and cafés are great. Delicious smoothies down hollywood blvd at juices fountain.

A very social, safe and fun hostel. Its so close to everything in Hollywood, and the staff have great advice to negotiate public transport etc to get around LA. My only regret I wish I stayed longer! I loved the idea for all the walking groups, night dinners and I loved how social this place was. The rooms are really spacious and I love the fact you have your own powerpoint and light in your bed. Highly recommend this place