USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Really really great hostel! Clean, great breakfast included, the staff were very friendly and helpful, easy to do anything and everything here. And in the best location in the middle of Hollywood!

Was greeted with a chaotic reception desk followed by a barrage of unusually stringent policies and rules. Reception also not particularly helpful with advice/insight into the city. Other than that, a decent short stay.

Free, BBQ,free ride to beach, free comedy night, free returns to six flags,, more expensive than other hostels,but you get it all back and more.Good atmosphere on front lounge area, overal great experience.

Fantastic hostel. Centrally located. Met some amazing folks here. Very much a social/party hostel with good activities and cool staff too.

Well organized, clean. A little on the expensive side, but this is Hollywood. Plenty of places to mingle with other visitors, which I did. Had a great time, thanks!

We felt overall the hostel was nice although the staff weren't particularly friendly. There was only one nice guy but he had just started and the other staff were rolling their eyes and very impatient with him when he asked for help. Didn't create a great atmosphere for us as guests.

It has a great location right next to the Hollywood Blvd. It looks pretty nice from the outside and patio as well as the inside of the building. The beds have sockets, which is a great service, and the bathrooms were pretty clean. Not many hostels have events, but the hostel has several events everyday, some of which requires some payment if not much.

Staff was amazing. Atmosphere was fantastic, lots of people with cool vibes. The only suggestion I would make is to setup A/C in the rooms, it was incredibly hot and you have to struggle to get a decent sleep.

Comfortable beds,with a good amount of privacy when sleeping/reading.location excellent,decent breakfast.

Dope hostel. Helpful staff and always activities going on. Met some amazing people here

• 5th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

This was my 4th stay here.It could easily serve as a model or template of what a hostel should be.The location is very convenient , just off Hollywood Boulevard and the centre of the action in L.A. The staff are friendly, helpful and professional.The dorms are exceptionally well designed , with power points, reading lights and privacy screens at each bed and power points inside the large lockers.Big front patio with lots of seating to relax outside in the reliably balmy L.A. weather

Wow 4th stay! Thanks so much for being your hostel of choice in Hollywood. We'll keep trying to live up to expectations.

I've stayed in over a dozen hostels now and I'd say this one is a solid B+. Great hostel to meet travelers as there's a front porch area with couches and there's a bar open at night on the 2nd floor (although I wish someone told me this...i didn't figure this out until my last night lol) Free towels, easy check-in. The staff was a little "meh" honestly. They were friendly but just like I said..."meh". The rooms are hot, the other reviewers are not wrong here. Rooms are spacious though!

Friendly, helpful staff, very clean rooms and spotlessly clean ensuites. Excellent wifi and access to power supplies which these days is a necessity, not a bonus! Activities and shuttles organised for you....and a very generous breakfast included in the price. Highly recommend!

Fun hostel!

Staff were excellent and the place was very clean. My only complaint is the sound of delivery trucks next door waking me up every morning at 4 or 5.

• 30th Sep 2015

The Good: Breakfast was great The Bad: Staff is not a problem solver; some of them aren’t friendly at all. Check in time is very late 2:00 pm and check out time very early. 10 am. Other hostels check out times is 11 a.m. or 12p.m. and check ins at 1:00 The Worst: No air con, fans didn't do anything. Sleeping here is impossible because rooms are ridiculously hot. The Best: Location Conclusion: Overpriced. I will never go back there.

We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us and we'll contact you separately to ask about your staff experience. Regarding our check out/in policies - we want to be sure that guests have clean rooms when they check in and with 164 beds, it takes awhile to finish up. Most hotels have a 3 pm check in. While check out is 10 am, guests are welcome in all areas of the hostel until their departure, just not the rooms.

love this hostel but not LA

Thanks for the great scores and i'm glad you loved our hostel even if the city was not to your liking. If you're still travelling, perhaps give San Diego a try! We've 2 hostels there - the city is smaller, more relaxed and easy to get around - including getting to the beach. Happy Travels!

I stayed here for a week and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. A lot of people complaining about no AC. Yes it was hot but not that bad. The staff were great - some unfair and unprofessional at times but otherwise very helpful. Beds were comfortable, no issues with wifi, but I knew a few people who did. Security is tight but not during the day, homeless able to enter. Price a little high for a hostel but I can't complain as I have met some amazing people and would 100% return here

Thanks for the great feedback. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay overall. We strive for great customer service, so we'll contact you separately regarding your staff interaction. We'll look into the wifi as well. Usually we get complaints that our security is too tough - so we'll check that out as well! But we are happy that you'd return again! Happy Travels.

Good hostel, great atmosphere!! Easy to meet new people. Rooms were good, although AC couldn't hurt (hot!). Hollywood isn't that interesting, but it's a safe area. Bathrooms were a bit dirty. Breakfast was awesome!!

Thanks for the comments and we're glad you met some new friends! Summer has been unusually hot and we're working on cooling our guests down more. Glad you loved breakfast too.

Nice hostel. Clean toilets, confortable beds, corteous staff.