USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews

1624 Schrader Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Got yelled at by staff. Like full on actually yelled at. They told us breakfast was served at 6 and I had to leave for the airport at 6.20 however they didn't have breakfast yet. I asked the guy who was setting it up if maybe he could just grab me a bagel or something and he went off at me. He was humiliating and unnecessary and just unacceptable. Was also not impressed by the cleanliness since we were baking pancakes out of the Sam's pan for hours with batter that wasn't cooled. Tour was bad

• 26th May 2014

We apologize that a member of our staff was not helpful to you. This is completely unacceptable to us and we think we've located who on staff was taking out their grumpiness on you and he has been disciplined. As for the pancake batter - it usually is meant to be used at room temperature. We store it in the fridge overnight and have to let it 'warm up' so it will pour correctly. If it too cold it just stays in the container. Our manager will be contacting you directly to discuss your experience.

First hostel visit ever in the states. I liked it a lot. Staff could have told us that there were extra bathrooms and not only the ones in the room. Other than that I was happy with my stay.

• 24th May 2014