USA Hostels Ocean Beach Reviews

4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego, USA

Super location on the beach. Nice staff. Free beach towels!! Would totally recommend it.

• 8th Feb 2016
  • Denmark

Renting out bikes would be a good idea

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Belgium

Loved my stay here. Everything was very clean. I was excited about the outlets in each bunk and the private bathrooms. Location was wonderful. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• 30th Jan 2016

One of the cleanest and best staffed hostel I've stayed at! The only thing I could fault in their breakfast. Its basically toast with butter. But other than that, great location, super clean and newly refurbished. They also have lots of planned activities you can sign up for.

Excellent atmosphere, we were only there for three nights but there was always something going on, the staff were friendly and played a big role in such a good atmosphere. It's only two blocks to the beach and I'd also recommend the Tijuana tour!

This Hostel is awesome. One block from the beach/pier. Nice shower/WC, nice bed. Nice staff, which I believe may vary, since they often receive volunteers. They even offer Beer Pong for free, which is cool cause interacts. They also have Softboard to rent including wet suits etc. I stayed just one day, but everything was good. Definitely I recommend this hostel.

Best experience in a hostel ever

Yay! Come stay with us in our other hostels and have more best experiences! Happy travels.

Staff was so professional, friendly, and helpful. Building and facilities were very clean. Loved that it was so close to beach and places to eat and shop. Looking forward to coming back soon and will definitely tell friends and family.

• 20th Jan 2016

Thanks for the great review. Being 2 blocks from the beach is a big plus! Hope to see you soon.

Awesome place and staff!! The best place to surf as a beginner and pro. So easy to rent a wetsuit + board and the waves are only 5 min away. The hostel arrange several activities every day and makes a delicious breakfast. I came back again after my trip to Mexico.

Great place and location. Very clean. Very nice and fun staff. Great group activities and daily breakfast.

Thnx for the love!

Great staff and very clean place

It was a great place to stay, I met a lot of nice people, excellent atmosphere. The hostel service was fine, the breakfast good, it was clean enough and right next to the beach. Perfect stay!

The location is amazing, the breakfast is pretty good. It is a hotel very clean and new!!

Highly recommended. This was a stellar hostel. Surfboards available for rent, just a couple blocks from the beach, located in the center of many great restaurants and bars (Mike's Taco club *starts drooling*), excellent staff, free clean towels (!!!), excellent facilities, spotless bathrooms, comfortable beds. I've stayed in a lot of hostels, and I think this is my first 100% positive review. Kudos to the staff.

That rocks that we're your first 100% review! And we loooooove Mike's tacos too...the carne asada and the grilled fish are just the best! Hope you visit us again.

The staff there just talking to the staff, hang out with each other. Ignore other people in the hostel. The atmosphere is so bad. Good environment but poor staff.

We're not happy that you weren't happy. Usually our staff get great marks for their friendliness, so we'll contact you separately for more details.

The paintings in the exterior is very pretty. It's been recently refurbished, very nice, modern, higher standard than most hostels. Staff very friendly and helpful, smiling all the time. Awesome backyard BBQ and beach bonfire nights. Even a van dropping off people to some most popular places like zoo and sea world on some days and tour to sea sea lions in another town for free. It was raining for many days which was rare for San Diego, it would be great if they had an interior common area also.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!

The staff was always friendly and the hostel was neat all the time. I stayed around new year's eve and it was a very pleasant experience. This hostel feels like home (:

Hostels Ocean Beach offered a great atmosphere and value. I've stayed at several hostels throughout California and this was by far one of the best. Breakfast was on point and the range of activities was fantastic. My boyfriend's never stayed at a hostel before and he was really impressed (yay, we can stay at more now). The only con is the parking situation, however, I don't really see this being a huge issue with the majority of people who stay there.

This is the cleanest and most modern hostel I've stayed at. The facilities are great, the staff is lovely, and the location is perfect if you love the beach! My only recommendation would be that there should be more in-door communal space. I'm a non-smoker and it was difficult to hangout outside when everyone around me was smoking. That's my only criticism. I would gladly stay here again and recommend it highly to my friends!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4