USA Hostels Ocean Beach Reviews

4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego, USA

One of the cleanest and best staffed hostel I've stayed at! The only thing I could fault in their breakfast. Its basically toast with butter. But other than that, great location, super clean and newly refurbished. They also have lots of planned activities you can sign up for.

This Hostel is awesome. One block from the beach/pier. Nice shower/WC, nice bed. Nice staff, which I believe may vary, since they often receive volunteers. They even offer Beer Pong for free, which is cool cause interacts. They also have Softboard to rent including wet suits etc. I stayed just one day, but everything was good. Definitely I recommend this hostel.

Best experience in a hostel ever

Yay! Come stay with us in our other hostels and have more best experiences! Happy travels.

Staff was so professional, friendly, and helpful. Building and facilities were very clean. Loved that it was so close to beach and places to eat and shop. Looking forward to coming back soon and will definitely tell friends and family.

• 20th Jan 2016

Thanks for the great review. Being 2 blocks from the beach is a big plus! Hope to see you soon.

Great place and location. Very clean. Very nice and fun staff. Great group activities and daily breakfast.

Thnx for the love!

Great staff and very clean place

It was a great place to stay, I met a lot of nice people, excellent atmosphere. The hostel service was fine, the breakfast good, it was clean enough and right next to the beach. Perfect stay!

The location is amazing, the breakfast is pretty good. It is a hotel very clean and new!!

Highly recommended. This was a stellar hostel. Surfboards available for rent, just a couple blocks from the beach, located in the center of many great restaurants and bars (Mike's Taco club *starts drooling*), excellent staff, free clean towels (!!!), excellent facilities, spotless bathrooms, comfortable beds. I've stayed in a lot of hostels, and I think this is my first 100% positive review. Kudos to the staff.

That rocks that we're your first 100% review! And we loooooove Mike's tacos too...the carne asada and the grilled fish are just the best! Hope you visit us again.

The staff there just talking to the staff, hang out with each other. Ignore other people in the hostel. The atmosphere is so bad. Good environment but poor staff.

We're not happy that you weren't happy. Usually our staff get great marks for their friendliness, so we'll contact you separately for more details.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!

The staff was always friendly and the hostel was neat all the time. I stayed around new year's eve and it was a very pleasant experience. This hostel feels like home (:

Hostels Ocean Beach offered a great atmosphere and value. I've stayed at several hostels throughout California and this was by far one of the best. Breakfast was on point and the range of activities was fantastic. My boyfriend's never stayed at a hostel before and he was really impressed (yay, we can stay at more now). The only con is the parking situation, however, I don't really see this being a huge issue with the majority of people who stay there.

This is the cleanest and most modern hostel I've stayed at. The facilities are great, the staff is lovely, and the location is perfect if you love the beach! My only recommendation would be that there should be more in-door communal space. I'm a non-smoker and it was difficult to hangout outside when everyone around me was smoking. That's my only criticism. I would gladly stay here again and recommend it highly to my friends!

One of the best hostel I ever stayed in, would recommend it if you are in San diego

Being my first hostel experience I was a bit worried however I wasn't even inside the hostel when I was greeted. Extremely friendly and knowledgable staff. Everything was clean the conversation areas were always lively with chatter. I'll definitely be staying here again in the future.

• 29th Dec 2015

I spent amazing moment at the usa hostel ocean OB. The staff is so friendly, lots of events are organize. We did a fire on the beach, yoga on the morning. Very nice mood. I recommand.

Location, staff and facilities were outstanding! Definitely recommending it to anyone who wants to have a good time

Amazing hostel - everything is brand new, friendly staff, great breakfast and proper price! Definitely my #1 choice in SD!

The place is renovated and so is new. No complaints about the facilities. The only Con is the hangout place where we get to interact with other travelers which is located outside in the open area, hence it is cold in the winter.

• 23rd Dec 2015