9.5
Superb 1,489 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 1,489 Total Reviews
USA Hostels Ocean Beach Located at 4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego.
USA
San Diego CA CA 92107 4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107
95% 1489
32.7462439 -117.2503423
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016

An absolute pleasure to stay there!! I will be returning as soon as I can.

17th Jul 2016

Awesome hostel. Special thanks to the Irish girl, who was part of the staff. I can't wait to go back, very soon!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2016

After deciding on short notice to head down to San Diego we couldnt have picked a better hostel. Its not that the rooms are the biggest or the breakfeast is the greatest selection (all of that was perfect for what we wanted) it was the atmosphere and just the craic we had. Best hostel we have stayed in so far.

• India, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2016

Unbeatable location!

Thanks for your stay and the review! You're right, being right by the beach isn't too bad! ha ha Hope to see you again your next time through San Diego and we wish you safe travels! Thank you!

• USA, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2016

This is one smooth running hostel. Ocean beach is an amazing location, good patio for meeting folks, staff enjoyed the company of us travelers, fun activities and the place is buffed out nice n clean hey. I'll be back at some point. Cheers.

Thanks for your stay and taking the time to give us a review! We just did a huge remodel on the place last year so reviews like yours make our day as it appears people are enjoying it. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our staff. Hope to see you again your next time through and we wish you safe travels!

12th Jul 2016

I had a great time. Loved the free shuttle and it was very clean. My only complaint is the anout of smoking there was at night. It was hard to enjoy the back patio and meet new people if you are a non nicotine or weed smoker.

Thanks for your stay, review, and feedback! We will be sure to share your review with the housekeepers as they work their tails off trying to keep a hostel on the beach clean and fight their never ending war against the sand! :-) We also appreciated your feedback about smoking on the patio, we are currently looking into designating part of the patio as smoking and non-smoking. Thanks again for your stay. Hope to see you again your next time through and we wish you safe travels!

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2016

I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this is by far my favorite. The staff was welcoming, friendly, and super helpful! As a solo traveler, I felt safe and comfortable during my entire stay. Ended up cancelling my hostel downtown to stay here. The women's bathroom was cleaner than any other hostel I've stayed in. It was 2 blocks from the beach and on the main strip of Ocean Beach. I will definitely be back.

10th Jul 2016

Good times, great people beautiful place.

Thanks for your stay and taking the time to give us such a lovely review! Reviews like this make our day because this is what we strive to be all about, great time and great people! Hope to see you again your next time through and thanks again for your stay. Safe travels!

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2016

The hostel was amazing!

Thanks for your stay and the great review! We really hope to see you your next time through and we wish you safe travels!

7th Jul 2016

My stay at Ocean Beach was amazing! Good vibes, easy to meet people, great , helpful staff and great location!.Ocean beach is a wonderful place! Thanks to Gordie and Joe for the amazing surf lesson, they were so patient and encouraging. Can't wait to come back!