USA Hostels Ocean Beach Reviews

4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego, USA

Although the hostel was partly under construction while I was staying there, it was the best experience I've ever had at a hostel. The location was awesome; the people were awesome! There's so much going on, including loads of activities organized by the hostel, like, beer pong, pub crawls, cooking session, bike tours, to name but a few. There are plenty of music instruments and enough space to hang out and meet new people. I really had a blast and I'm so grateful to all my new friends who made

• 6th May 2015
  • Austria

Should get speakers for the courtyard and do more group activities

the place was amazing, staff was very friendly, the hostel management is looking forward to make you have great time in the city more than caring about money taking into consideration that that the value for the money paid is really amazing. I loved that the place organized activities to the guests, all the hostel staff were very helpful and have great knowledge of what the guest needs from the city. i would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting san diego

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Egypt

Great staying! Nice front desk staff!

We arrived mid-construction at the hostel - which I would have loved to have known prior to booking, as it was a hot mess in there. There were dudes banging around all day/especially around the women's washroom which I felt was awkward. The staff were pleasant enough, but they seemed to care little for the abundance of noise that was coming from the people drinking outside my room at 2 am (even after I went to the front desk to sleepily complain). Nice location - expensive for mid-reno.

Thank you for your feedback. We know there have been some noisy days as we get our hostel getting back to looking great! We very much appreciate our guests patience and humor during the process. Quiet hours should be enforced after 11pm, so we'll be sure to remind staff of this policy. We hope you give us another try and come enjoy our location by the beach once the building is all buttoned up!

The OB hostel has improved over the years. and kenda and the rest ofthe staff were very good

An amazing location, cool vibes, but they let a homeless guy hangout in the kitchen and he asked us for alcohol and our credit card to use for a room at the hostel... But other than that blip I highly recommend!

Thanks for your overall great ratings and comments about our hostel. We are dismayed that you experienced a negative incident in our hostel as we work hard to make sure only guests are allowed in. As you know as a former guest, we check all keys for all guests entering the building. We are reviewing our procedures now to make sure that no non-guests get past reception. Happy Travels to you.

Great hostel! It's very close to Ocean beach which is nice, but I prefer the other beaches.

The staff was helpful and so nice and friendly. My stay here was amazing and I would recommend to anyone.

• 8th Mar 2015