USA Hostels Ocean Beach Reviews

4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego, USA

Being my first hostel experience I was a bit worried however I wasn't even inside the hostel when I was greeted. Extremely friendly and knowledgable staff. Everything was clean the conversation areas were always lively with chatter. I'll definitely be staying here again in the future.

• 29th Dec 2015

I spent amazing moment at the usa hostel ocean OB. The staff is so friendly, lots of events are organize. We did a fire on the beach, yoga on the morning. Very nice mood. I recommand.

Location, staff and facilities were outstanding! Definitely recommending it to anyone who wants to have a good time

Amazing hostel - everything is brand new, friendly staff, great breakfast and proper price! Definitely my #1 choice in SD!

The place is renovated and so is new. No complaints about the facilities. The only Con is the hangout place where we get to interact with other travelers which is located outside in the open area, hence it is cold in the winter.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • India

Nicest staff by far. So helpful, friendly and genuinely want to make your stay better. This alongside the clean and ultra cool accommodation? You get a truly 5 star hostel experience!! I loved it so much, I'm going back!!!

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Scotland

The hostel was hotel like. For its location it to a place for you to relax not explore San Diego. Nice art clean and friendly.

Well-decorated. Perfect location. Nice staff.

The best hostel that I've stayed in California. They have a really great breakfast and good bedroom installation, which includes a bed with USB charger and individual lamps. The only thing that could have been better is the common area that is not as big as the other ones and does not have a pool or something to interact with the other guests.

• 15th Dec 2015

Hostel super clean with great facilities and friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• 10th Dec 2015

Awesome location right near the beach, loved this place. Wish i had stayed here my whole time in san diego. Staff took us to the beach two make smores 1 night, really good fun

Fantastic. Best hostel experience in my 3 months travelling the states.

• 4th Dec 2015

Good all round. Solid choice.

Great staff, great location!

Great hostel, interesting experience.

Awesome hostel, one of the best I've ever been to. Super clean, great structure, ideal location, friendly staff and good vibes

• 28th Nov 2015

Highly recommend! The staff are suuuuper friendly and helpful. A girl works at reception called Brittany helped me out with my taxi to airport at 4am, even looked for a uber coupon online for me to save 20 dollars! What a caring effort! And location is good too, right by the beach, room is super cozy and clean. Kitchen and breakfast is nice. And daily activity just make you feel like to stay! I extended 3 more days there! Great stay!

Staff rooms and cleanliness made it worth it

• 25th Nov 2015

Had a great stay at this hostel! Staff is super friendly and the hostel itself is just awesome! Only a few steps away from the beach. The only minuspoint is the breakfast, which is very little.

Initially booked 2 nights - ended up spending a week there. Awesome located close to the beach in a lively street with nice shops and great food. If the weather is good just grab one of their cheap rental boards and enjoy the beach. The staff was really nice and the hostel in total was really new and clean. The common area in the back was a great place to spenf the evenig with all the great people who stay there! Highest recommendations! You won't be disappointed.