USA Hostels Ocean Beach Reviews

4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego, USA

Super clean, nice staff, great opportunities to socialize. Had a great Night!

• 19th Nov 2015

I cannot speak highly enough of this hostel

• 18th Nov 2015

This was a fantastic hostel and I really enjoyed my time here. Everything was great and I genuinely can't fault it one bit.

One of the only two toasters in the kitchen was broken, which I mean...how much does a toaster cost? Hahah they could easily replace it. Hostel is amazing thou and the location is great! Loved the private toilets with showers in it and loved the beds and having the lockers in the room.

This was my favorite hostel of all the hostels I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere was awesome and I felt as if I was part of a big family. Everyone was very open minded and welcoming. The rooms are great: they are clean, the beds are comfortable and even in a dorm you get a little bit of privacy because your bed is partly shielded from view. It is the best place to stay at if you want to have a relaxing vacation and the neighborhood is so beautiful with some really great shops.

What a cool hostel, I loved my stay there. It was a bit loud during nights when they're playing music and chatting on the back patio (room 17 was right above it) but that's the hostel vibe and everything else was really good, yummie breakfast, awesome free tours & shuttles, rooms & bathrooms very new & clean! Would definitely stay again, cause Ocean Beach is a lovely area, especially with the dog beach being so close as well. Good bus system!

Great hostel to party, organized activities going on every day to get to know people

Killer vibe and great hospitality

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in America! Staff were friendly, things to do most evenings. Just a real nice, friendly atmosphere! I made friends really easily and had the best time. It's so close to the beach and there's bars and restaurants on the same street. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 7th Nov 2015

Great space to hang out! I didn't feel that there was a particular atmosphere, I would recommend the hostel to someone who is passing through ocean beach and wants to relax or someone who is on the move to party... One extreme or the other, I'll definitely go back!! Ocean beach is amazing fun! Definitely recommend the TJ tour!!

The best hostel I've ever been to! I want to live here forever

Had an awesome time, staff and guests were great

• 30th Oct 2015

Everything was good during our stay! Just the night time attendant wasn't as friendly as I expected!

Best place to relax and meet easily laid back and great people

The location was amazing! Surrounded by fabulous restaurants and little shops. Right on the beach and the pier and just a short walk to sunset cliffs! The hostel was clean and colorful and the beds were super comfy! The outdoor area was a great place to meet people and the evening activities were brilliant! Highly recommended; fantastic location with lovely people and tons to do!!

• 26th Oct 2015

Good location close to the beach, younger and partyhungry people, awesome facilities, very new and modernized facilities, excellent safety features (changing codes for frontdoor, show card, card at roomdoor), lockers in room, comfy beds with usb and power oulets as well as reading light om each bed!! ( they are a little short though, and i am only average tall), no aircon which is no bog deal, very nice staff, all in all very good and great value for money!

Right beside ocean beach and the surrounding bars and stores etc. Amazing location and staff. Great facilities and services, board hire and so on. Would definitely stay here again.

Super friendly & helpful staff. Bunks were spotless with comfy soft sheets & blanket. My boyfriend and I had enough room to share a bunk & sleep next to each other at night when we wanted. Clean bathrooms & nice hot showers. Cool patio to hang out on in the evening or recoup with a nap in the hammock. Surfboards, boogie boards, coolers, beach towels & chairs all in really good condition & free to use. What more could one need in OB?!?!

• 6th Oct 2015

So clean!! Thanks for your hard Work

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for commenting on our hard work! We've recently finished renovations and we're trying hard to provide a clean and fun hostel. We hope you visit us again.

The staff was great and the location could not be beat. Close to the beach and a cool neighborhood. Will recommend to friends.

• 2nd Oct 2015