USA Hostels Ocean Beach Reviews

4961 Newport Ave., CA 92107, San Diego, USA

Great place, close to the beach and plenty of free parking for those that are road tripping

Why so strict with the visitors policy??

I had a blast and there is so much to do, the facility will be stellar once the remodel is completed and it was very nice. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely stay here again and again.

My stay at USA Hostels Ocean Beach was amazing. I had a really good time. The hostel is clean, the bathrooms are all new and remodeled. The staff is friendly and helpful. And seem to be proud of the work they are doing.

Great staff who spoke perfect English with good knowledge of the area! good location, and atmosphere. Hostel offers plenty of activities both at night and during the day! Great place to meet people so would recommend for those travelling alone!

This place was under construction. The community bathrooms were not working yet. They had no stalls up yet. One entire floor had one single toilet and shower. Unacceptable. The noise went from 8 in the am throughout the day. I wanted to leave but the area was booked up. There were no pancakes. There was no working kitchen. Food sat out in the sun covered in flies. It was really bad. The staff was very nice and tried to help you if you needed directions or bags stored. Location the best!

• 26th Aug 2015

We're sorry you didn't enjoy our alfresco dining while we put the finishing touches on the new kitchen. We did put all food under screens, but unfortunately people kept the food uncovered after taking their fill. We don't offer pancakes in this location as we are now offering yogurt parfaits as a healthier alternative to our guests based on customer feedback. The kitchen and baths are now open (new photos to be posted soon) and we hope you give us another try.

LOVED IT! So much fun great people and a great time.

• 24th Aug 2015

Lovely hostel very clean although work is being done. Excellent location wud love to go back. No large locker in room which was a bit of a pain but other than that plus free breakfast which is great.

This was by far the best Hostel I have stayed at so far! The staff are friendly and helpful, the location is superb and the vibe is awesome. I wish I could have stayed for longer! I will definitely be recommending this hostel to friends looking to travel back home (NZ ) and other travellers throughout my travels. Clean and comfortable living, the renovations were the only downside but it did not bother me one bit as the rooms block out the noise well and the outside living was a nice change :)

• 21st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for the great scores and comments! Much appreciated. We have only the finishing touches on the reception left and to decorate the hallways, so we hope you'll come back again soon to check it out. The new kitchen is up and running and the newly renovated bathrooms are open for 'business'. But as you said, it's about outdoor living in OB and the beach remains the same as always - 2 blocks away and AWESOME.

You cannot fault the location as its right on the beach surrounded by bars and places to get food. The hostel is currently undergoing renovation and I'm sure will be beautiful when finished. There are currently not enough bathrooms for guest which can leave you waiting for up to half an hour to go to the toilet. Not ideal! The bathrooms are absolutely filthy. It's disgusting. I'm sure this will change when more are built. Great breakfast, atmosphere and social activities. Shame about the dirt.

We apologize that we were not at our very best and hope you give us another shot in the future. We've completed renovations to the kitchen and baths (photos to be posted soon) now. We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast, atmosphere and activities. Happy Travels.

I loved the location! the staff was very friendly and excited to help in any way they could. The hostel promoted events that encouraged everyone to meet and get along. The site is undergoing renovation during the week. construction can make the location a little hectic at times. I would strongly recommend this hostel

Thanks for the feedback - we love our staff too! And, we're happy to announce that our new kitchen and baths are open! We hope you come back to visit us again.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »