USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Didnt find staff very friendly, warming or personable.

The Staff were super friendly and supportive. Showers and rooms were cleaned daily which was great and i felt safe and secure as well as feeling my belongings were safe.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Great hostel, great place to meet people from all over the world! The only thing is that American hostels are quite expensive and booking a hotel sometimes might be cheaper. However, I can only recommend it. They also offer a Programme for the day, which is a great thing!

Overall, a nice hostel and a good value. Location couldn't be better for downtown San Diego, and the hostel itself is definitely kept very clean. One drawback is the common areas are a bit spread out and small so it's not as easy to lounge and meet people, however I did go during the winter so there may have been less people overall. The staff was helpful and there were a ton of resources for getting around the city so that was definitely appreciated!

Everything's fine, but the smell is not OK. Killed the mood.

The hostel could use a water cooler.

This hostel needs an update, it still looks like it did in the flower power time. Three showers and toilets for 80-100 people on one floor? Come on that is absurd. Be aware when Emily is behind the desk, this girl wants to watch her favorite tv show on the computer instead of helping you and she shows it when you disturb her...bad attitude.

Dear customer, First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing USA Hostels for your stay in San Diego. I am very sorry to hear that you didn`t like the hostel, and that you felt the receptionist didn`t value your presence as expected. I want to let you know that we value our customers as the most important priority, and work hard in delivering outstanding customer service. I will be in touch by email to extend my apologies to you more deeply, and investigate this further. Alessandro

I had a great time at USA Hostels San Diego. Thank you very much for having me! Excellent location, very clean and the staff are all very very helpful! Totally recommend the Tijuana tour :)

Love this place! Really good location, lots of bars and restaurants around. Staff are lovely, happy to help. Good social area to hang out and meet people. Good WiFi - always a must! Would go back in a heartbeat.

Great location.plesant and helpful staff good facilities

oh my god the receptionist had to be the loveliest person, in the world, Ever!!! a complete dream and I would have definitely asked her out if I A) lived in san diego and B) was a lot better looking... ...there was a small problem in training the staff because the person who comes to clean the rooms always said 'mousekeeping' before they entered :s Overall it's a really great hostel :) ...it is just a shame there are sometimes a person on the reception that wasn't Charlena

Enjoyable stay... Really rate the USA hostels, stayed in the San Francisco one and now the one in San Diego, both have been great and nice hostels to stay in.

There is some ordor from the carpet on the floor, but it is overall clean. There's no elevator, but the staff helped me a lot with my luggage. The hostel is not full, and pretty quiet. Perhaps winter is not the busy season, and that has advantages too. The decoration is very Mexican compared with its chain hostels in other locations.

Liked the natural light of the hostel- lots of stairs! But great location.

Staff that ran the events where great

Perfect location! Great breakfast (even though fruits shouldn't be cut but left in one piece). We were in a private room and didn't have any window, but the room was nicely decorated.

It's been more than 30 years since my last stay in a hostel and I still feel this is the best way to travel, which to me is about the joys of making new friends and experiencing new places and things. A hostel such as this is a wonderful treat. Thanks for being there!

• 6th Jan 2015

It was great, the vibe was friendly and the rooms were comfortable! There's just this off aroma in the hostel.

• 5th Jan 2015

Great place to stay

It was just awesome. I would stay again.. I only booked for 3 nights at the beginning but stayed 6 nights. You get to meet people so easily from around the world. I had so much fun. I really enjoyed it. Every morning we've got breakfast (pancakes, oatmeal..) and everyday they've program. The hostel was clean. I can't complain about anything. I really recommend staying there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3