Superb 1,706 Total Reviews
Superb 1,706 Total Reviews
USA Hostels San Diego Located at 726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego.
USA
San Diego CA 92101 726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA
91% 1706
32.7129039 -117.1603059
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 31-40
25th Jun 2016

My stay there was awesome. I am at another hostel now and wish I would have booked more nights there as when I realized I needed to they were already booked. That is understandable considering it was my first stay at a hostel and was very pleasent. So far. I don't think my second hostel will be the same.

• jomunkenbeck9954
  • England, Couple, 25-30
17th Jun 2016

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in in 10 years of backpacking! They've really thought about what backpackers want and need and do o great job of getting everyone to mingle and have fun. Breakfast was excellent, they had a party on Friday night with free margeritas chips beer and salsa, and the lockers and beds are perfect. Only possible negative: not enough toilets and showers

Thanks for the great review and for your stay! Means a lot to hear reviews like this. Love the comment, "They've really thought about what backpackers want." The owner is a backpacker, the managers are backpackers, and all the staff are backpackers so we've pulled a lot of ideas from our own travels. Really hope to catch you the next time through. Thanks again and safe travels!

10th Jun 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever been at. Positive aspects: great staff (Maurice is very friendly and the best man!), cool lounge, good location in downtown (close to many bars), clean bathrooms, good shower, good breakfast, cool atmosphere. Negative aspects: some rooms receive too much noise from the streets. Also, they may be too warm.

2nd Jun 2016

USA Hostels in downtown San Diego served as the central location for my recent trip to the west coast. Having been warmly welcomed immediately on my first arrival I knew right off the bat this place would be good. With well organized nightly events and knowledgeable staff who are willing to just hang out and chat I'd definitely consider this hostel on my next stay in SD. Marianna (receptionist) is one of the many awesome staff members who'd get my vote if there was such a thing.

• christophertumilson
  • Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
26th May 2016
7.1

Good location, although rather difficult to spot the entrance. Most staff were friendly, polite and helpful. Breakfast was limited but still good. Plenty of laundry facility. Rooms were very hot and fans did next to nothing. **They are refurbishing the toilets, so there are only 3 toilets and 3 showers for the whole hostel, which just isn't enough** This probably should've been done in the winter when it's quiet, rather than the summer.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
21st May 2016
5.7

Really noisy - I was in a front room so street noise was really bad, but not unexpected, but the hostel also cranked music with lots of base early in the morning and thru the day. Hostel not very big, felt stuffy and not much room to hang out. Moved to the HI hostel down the street - much happier

Thanks for the feedback and for your stay. We are in the heart of the gaslamp so we are surrounded by great restaurants, bars, and nightlife so sometimes some of that noise can seep through. We are currently installing air conditioning and a new ventilation system into the entire building that will be completed shortly to address any issues of the hostel seeming stuffy. We like to play music throughout the day as most of our guests feel it adds to the atmosphere, that said we will make sure that it is not turned on in the early morning. Thanks again for your stay and safe travels!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th May 2016

really cool place, great spot, great staff, showers could have been cleaner and more plentiful.

• England, Male, 25-30
6th May 2016
6.6

Good location but there is noise until 3:30 am outside, buskers, traffic, stereos, outside the window every night. Privacy pod beds are a good idea but the bunks themselves are so cheap that the slightest movement from someone above or below you is like an earthquake. Good hostel but very overpriced I paid 41 dollars for a room with excessive noise and no a/c. HI is much better

Thanks for your stay and for you feedback. We are in the process right this moment of installing air conditioning and a new ventilation system into the entire building. We apologize if you felt warm in your room, we are very proactive on feedback and as you are not the first guest to mention this we are installing the AC. We are in the heart of the gaslamp and the moment you step outside you are surrounded by great bars, restaurants, and nightlife so occasionally that noise does spill through. Thanks again for your stay and safe travels!

• USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
2nd May 2016

First hostel ever and I was left with a wonderful impression. Now I'm inspired to travel the world! Great rooms, great staff, delicious breakfast...privacy, perfect!

Thanks for your stay and the great review! Welcome to the world of hostelling and it inspires us to hear we are inspiring people to travel! That is what a great hostel is all about and what we strive to do! So thanks for making our day here with this review! Safe travels!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Staff were incredible, super friendly and helpful. Hostel is easy to get to with lots of public transport close by. If you want to get a peaceful nights sleep this isn't the place. Windows are so thin (pretty sure it was just plastic) that doesn't block any sound out and curtains don't even cover the whole window. They were doing maintenance on the bathroom downstairs so there were only 3 bathrooms and 3 showers meaning you had to wait most of the time. Felt like it was a little overpriced.