USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Great hostel! Great staff and location! Bathrooms are cleaned several times a day and are very clean. Fun atmosphere all around.

Great location, lovely old building, helpful staff, good programme of evening events to get people to know each other. The last point is particularly welcome in this age of wifi and tablets where people spend too much time plugged in and not enough talking to each other. Slightly small communal areas - lounge and kitchen - but lots of seating including comfy new sofas in the gorgeous glass-canopied atrium. Have stayed before and would stay again.

Perfect !

I've been to many hostels and this one is in the upper class. Great hostel. Excellent staff and very helpful. I highly recommend this hostel and will definitely go back whenever I return to San Diego.

I dont know If I loved more the hostel or the city! I had a amazing time there!

• 28th Apr 2015

Loved it! Great staff and great atmosphere. Definitely coming back

great hostel!!! Mexican style!!!

Planned activities were a bonus for someone like myself that was travelling solo. bathrooms were always clean, as well as the rooms. Outlets in lockers were great for security purposes. Key card entry into both the building and your room squashed any nerves I had. The free breakfast was a perk and a good way to save cash. The staff would ask what my plans were for the day to ensure i was taken care of. The directions and map of how to get around was very helpful.

• 17th Apr 2015

Full marks to this friendly and relaxed hostel right in the middle of 5th Avenue. Although retired and considerably older than most of the other guests we felt right at home. Staff bent over backwards to help us and being able to make our own breakfast left more money for fine dining in the excellent restaurants on Fifth Avenue. We hired a car in San Diego to trip around the U.S. And have booked another couple of days when we return it, prior to flying home to Australia.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

staff was kind enough to let us store our bags a few hours longer than check out so we can have lunch and bum around the city before catching our flight out...appreciated that...spot is excellent in the middle of the Gaslamp District...lots of clubs and restaurants of all types...total blast on the weekends...I'll be back...

Very nice facility, location, great weekend party place!!!

Nice place with a good central location. Also the staff was great in helping me out with some computer stuff.

Didnt find staff very friendly, warming or personable.

The Staff were super friendly and supportive. Showers and rooms were cleaned daily which was great and i felt safe and secure as well as feeling my belongings were safe.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Great place to stay. The location is great. Perfect for a getaway.

• 21st Mar 2015

A friendly ,well run hostel and well located, recommended but not for older travellers or for those who would find the loud recorded music everywhere, including the bathrooms, intrusive.

Great hostel, great place to meet people from all over the world! The only thing is that American hostels are quite expensive and booking a hotel sometimes might be cheaper. However, I can only recommend it. They also offer a Programme for the day, which is a great thing!

Overall, a nice hostel and a good value. Location couldn't be better for downtown San Diego, and the hostel itself is definitely kept very clean. One drawback is the common areas are a bit spread out and small so it's not as easy to lounge and meet people, however I did go during the winter so there may have been less people overall. The staff was helpful and there were a ton of resources for getting around the city so that was definitely appreciated!

Everything's fine, but the smell is not OK. Killed the mood.

The hostel could use a water cooler.

« first « Prev 1 2 3