USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Liked the natural light of the hostel- lots of stairs! But great location.

Staff that ran the events where great

Perfect location! Great breakfast (even though fruits shouldn't be cut but left in one piece). We were in a private room and didn't have any window, but the room was nicely decorated.

It's been more than 30 years since my last stay in a hostel and I still feel this is the best way to travel, which to me is about the joys of making new friends and experiencing new places and things. A hostel such as this is a wonderful treat. Thanks for being there!

• 6th Jan 2015

It was great, the vibe was friendly and the rooms were comfortable! There's just this off aroma in the hostel.

• 5th Jan 2015

Great place to stay

It was just awesome. I would stay again.. I only booked for 3 nights at the beginning but stayed 6 nights. You get to meet people so easily from around the world. I had so much fun. I really enjoyed it. Every morning we've got breakfast (pancakes, oatmeal..) and everyday they've program. The hostel was clean. I can't complain about anything. I really recommend staying there.

I waited for 45 mins to get checked in (after 2:00 pm), the room is clean but small, there are plenty of plugs around your bed, and you have more privacy.

Ahhhhh what can I say... I absolutely loved this hostel. Had such a lovely time here. Rooms were great, beds were comfortable, pods gave you privacy, breakfast was great, daily activities were awesome, showers were always hot and the staff were super helpful and friendly. This hostel is sooooo centrally located and is very very safe. If you are going to San Diego STAY HERE!!!

Nothing really bad to say except for the configuration of the building itself : the common parts as the lounge and the kitchen don't play their role of helping meeting new people because they are somewhat small and inconvenient. To tell the truth, on this particular aspect, this might be the worst hostel I stayed in. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the location, the staff and the really good bed.

• 14th Dec 2014

After traveling across the US for 9 weeks, this is the best hostel I've stayed at. Nothing but good vibes with well maintained rooms and common areas, all the staff and fellow travelers were great and it's such a good location, couldn't recommended a place more

The dorm rooms are great with privacy thanks to 'enclosed' areas around the head of the bed. Nice large lockers also. The hostel is in a beautiful old historical building in the revitalized downtown area of San Diego. There is a comfy lounge area and other good common areas... and constant music playing over the speakers (even in the bathrooms) is a nice touch (although it shuts off at 11pm or thereabouts). The reception staff are super friendly and attentive and have strong local knowledge.

This place is awesome! Right in the heart of the party but somehow quiet enough to allow a good night's sleep. I'll be back.

Yea! Thanks for the great review!

I like this hostel, it's a good place for young people, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the location is very good. What's more, I bought cheaper entrance ticket of Sea World at the hostel.

I have stayed there for a week !! It was fantastic ! make sure that you do Tijuana tour with the hostel on Saturday ! you won't regret it. Location is very handy, shops and restaurants are everywhere !! staff are super friendly.

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Our Tijuana tour is rather infamous...we mean famous. :-)

Great location with activities happening each night. Very easy to meet fellow travellers. Friendly people on reception who are very helpful on ideas of places to go and visit.

Had a fantastic stay, thanks mostly due to the amazing staff (the daily outings and events were great fun). Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was excellent! I'd definitely go again!

• 21st Nov 2014

The place is great and cheap. I will definitely stay here again if I get the chance. I would have liked more breakfast options, however.

• 21st Nov 2014

It's a great space with a really dedicated team. With optional daily events for supporting social engagement, the USA Hostels did a good job of balancing a space for people who want to socialize to others who are simply there with their own goals. Free breakfast was appreciated and my room felt safe. Occasionally, the bathrooms would be closed during periods of high rush, though that is something that could be fixed by individual pre-planning. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and recommendable!

Super conveniently located. People were nice. Be careful about where you leave your things and be sure to bring your own lock.

• 14th Nov 2014

We're glad you liked our hostel overall. We also recommend guests bring their own lock to use on the lockers we provide for free in each dorm. Our lockers come with power points inside so all guests can securely charge their electronics. However, if a guest arrives without a lock, we sell them at reception or they can be bought in a nearby shop.

« first « Prev 1 2 3