USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Overall, a nice hostel and a good value. Location couldn't be better for downtown San Diego, and the hostel itself is definitely kept very clean. One drawback is the common areas are a bit spread out and small so it's not as easy to lounge and meet people, however I did go during the winter so there may have been less people overall. The staff was helpful and there were a ton of resources for getting around the city so that was definitely appreciated!

Everything's fine, but the smell is not OK. Killed the mood.

The hostel could use a water cooler.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • India

This hostel needs an update, it still looks like it did in the flower power time. Three showers and toilets for 80-100 people on one floor? Come on that is absurd. Be aware when Emily is behind the desk, this girl wants to watch her favorite tv show on the computer instead of helping you and she shows it when you disturb her...bad attitude.

Love this place! Really good location, lots of bars and restaurants around. Staff are lovely, happy to help. Good social area to hang out and meet people. Good WiFi - always a must! Would go back in a heartbeat.

Great location.plesant and helpful staff good facilities

oh my god the receptionist had to be the loveliest person, in the world, Ever!!! a complete dream and I would have definitely asked her out if I A) lived in san diego and B) was a lot better looking... ...there was a small problem in training the staff because the person who comes to clean the rooms always said 'mousekeeping' before they entered :s Overall it's a really great hostel :) ...it is just a shame there are sometimes a person on the reception that wasn't Charlena

Enjoyable stay... Really rate the USA hostels, stayed in the San Francisco one and now the one in San Diego, both have been great and nice hostels to stay in.

There is some ordor from the carpet on the floor, but it is overall clean. There's no elevator, but the staff helped me a lot with my luggage. The hostel is not full, and pretty quiet. Perhaps winter is not the busy season, and that has advantages too. The decoration is very Mexican compared with its chain hostels in other locations.

Liked the natural light of the hostel- lots of stairs! But great location.

Staff that ran the events where great

Perfect location! Great breakfast (even though fruits shouldn't be cut but left in one piece). We were in a private room and didn't have any window, but the room was nicely decorated.

It's been more than 30 years since my last stay in a hostel and I still feel this is the best way to travel, which to me is about the joys of making new friends and experiencing new places and things. A hostel such as this is a wonderful treat. Thanks for being there!

• 6th Jan 2015

It was great, the vibe was friendly and the rooms were comfortable! There's just this off aroma in the hostel.

• 5th Jan 2015

Great place to stay

It was just awesome. I would stay again.. I only booked for 3 nights at the beginning but stayed 6 nights. You get to meet people so easily from around the world. I had so much fun. I really enjoyed it. Every morning we've got breakfast (pancakes, oatmeal..) and everyday they've program. The hostel was clean. I can't complain about anything. I really recommend staying there.

I waited for 45 mins to get checked in (after 2:00 pm), the room is clean but small, there are plenty of plugs around your bed, and you have more privacy.

Ahhhhh what can I say... I absolutely loved this hostel. Had such a lovely time here. Rooms were great, beds were comfortable, pods gave you privacy, breakfast was great, daily activities were awesome, showers were always hot and the staff were super helpful and friendly. This hostel is sooooo centrally located and is very very safe. If you are going to San Diego STAY HERE!!!

Nothing really bad to say except for the configuration of the building itself : the common parts as the lounge and the kitchen don't play their role of helping meeting new people because they are somewhat small and inconvenient. To tell the truth, on this particular aspect, this might be the worst hostel I stayed in. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the location, the staff and the really good bed.

• 14th Dec 2014

After traveling across the US for 9 weeks, this is the best hostel I've stayed at. Nothing but good vibes with well maintained rooms and common areas, all the staff and fellow travelers were great and it's such a good location, couldn't recommended a place more

« first « Prev 1 2 3