USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

We stayed in a twin room near in a really noisy place! All the staff conversation we've heard all night long. I don't really know if it was in the middle of the week or what, but there was almost no interaction of guests.

• 9th Feb 2016

Excellent staff! Wish I could remember there names...one young man originally from Germany and a young woman from New Jersey...excellent help from both of them-friendly and informative

• 6th Feb 2016

i've been travelling over ten years, and USA San Diego is one of the best hostel I have stayed! everything in order, nice kitchen (full facility) clean shower/bathroom, rooms are very clean, quality beds/bed linen! feel like u r in home away! top quality stuff for breakfast (most hostels provide the cheapest & poor quality). staff are nice & friendly (reception guy "Heny" is amazingly polite and professional, he takes care of everything). this hostel highly recommended.

Great deal and location for the money, my only complaint is that the bedroom had a bad smell, probably because of no outdoor windows.

Excellent breakfast Staff friendly and very helpful Stairs very steep ... lift would be handy 4-bed rooms very small and very little air - suggest 6 bed as much more space and natural light Free dinner on 2 nights Freebies for Super bowl

I enjoyed my stay. The people were nice and helpful. The hostel was clean and inviting.

• 2nd Feb 2016

This hostel couldn't be in a better location. It's walkable to pretty much everything which is perfect. I would definitely stay here again if I ever go back to San Diego!

• 1st Feb 2016

Staff is great, Rooms are very modern, 2 Socket for every bed, very clean. The only negative point is the laud noice from the street (Friday + Saturday)

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

Overall a solid hostel. It gets quite loud at night on the weekend but it's the Gaslamp District and is to be expected. Towels are included which is always a plus. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended.

This was my first hostel experience. I booked to share a 6-bed room. I was delighted with the accommodations and location. I was able to walk to Balboa Park, with its museums and the zoo, and the waterfront area, as well as night spots, a 15-theater facility across the street, grocery stores and restaurants of all kinds. The staff was welcoming and helpful. The kitchen and laundry rooms were very useful, and the bright colors and friendly decorations were fun and attractive. Great experience!

We love it when we can make a great first impression especially when someone is giving hostelling a first try. .we're so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope you keep on hostelling!

Amazing location! Great staff and so glad we stopped on this hostel rather than the sister hostel in the City.

Thanks for the great rating, though we think this might be for our newest location in Ocean Beach...but that's okay, we'll take our applause where we can get them!

this place was a dump, the staff was very rude and third world, horrible experience

• 16th Jan 2016

I found it really bad that there wasno daylight and fresh air in most of the dorms, also it was really noisy during nighttime

Thanks for the overall high rating. As we are in a row of buildings from the 1880s, we have some unique architecture which includes some interior facing rooms. Back in the day fresh air was brought in by air shafts which we still use. Should you visit us again please ask for a street or back facing room as those are the exterior facing rooms. You could also treat yourself to a private room as those are all airconditioned. Happy travels.

Absolutely amazing hostel. Comfortable beds, good activities, great kitchen, helpful staff... This place was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in in all my travels.

Thanks! We love when we're told we'Re among the top of the list!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Great location. Wasn't there for long as just passing through San Diego but this hostel made me want to stay longer. They have regular events/outings, even free meals at times, shuttles to popular beaches etc. really good vibes. The dorm room I was in was quite small but adequate, linen was pretty old but was clean. Great staff who went out of their way to help me sort out some travel issues and all very friendly! I definitely recommend this hostel.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Thanks so much for the great review! And thank you for pointing out our linen needs to be looked at. As our building is a historical landmark from the 1880s, rooms vary in size. .so next time you visit us please just ask for a bigger room and we'll be happy to oblige.

Great place, front desk was slow and messed up our reservation (gave us two beds in a room with only one empty), we didn't bother to fix it. Great location, a little too warm, didn't provide blankets but does have towels. "Privacy pods" cover headboard + 3ish feet of bed. Buzzer didn't work both times we entered building; we just followed other hostellers in; poor security that way. $5 discount on seaworld or zoo tickets. $15 club crawl sounded awesome, but didn't go. Well staffed, felt safe.

Had a great time in San Diego and a great time at this hostel. Nice facilities, comfy beds, filling breakfast, and helpful staff all added up to a nice weekend away.

• 9th Jan 2016

Everyone was so helpful, the staff is absolutely amazing, and friendly. The living spaces were carefully thought out and planned. The free breakfast is always cool. I had such a great experience, at first i was only supposed to be there for one night but i was acquainted with a lot of different travelers, needless to say i decided to stay for two extra days.

• 7th Jan 2016

The hostel is perfect and the staff are friendly

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5