USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Really enjoyed my stay here! Would happily come back again for even longer !

• 25th Aug 2015

Bathrooms coed with individual showers and toilets--very crowded in the morning. Wifi good enough. Kitchen usable but a little awkward. Good info on what to do as well as hostel hosted events in the evenings. Location is ideal. Not particularly cheap, but I would stay here again.

This was my first Hostel experience and I am 50 years old. I was uncomfortable at first thought of staying in a Hostel. I felt I was too old, too American, wouldn't fit in, but the staff and the other guest (mostly foreign) were all so nice and accepting and there were even a few other older guys like me who were there. I had a great time and loved the happy hour meet n greet. I met some really awesome people, shared some stories and felt welcomed. I would definitely stay here againe

• 21st Aug 2015

Great fun. One of the few hostels in the USA where you actually get to meet people to hang out with. The hostel manager really cares for the feedback of the customers and you notice that, it's a great place! Also very clean, comfy beds, lockers, good breakfast and great location (if you mind noise though, be aware that some rooms face the bar district).

Great location and facilities.mplugs in the lockers are a plus and the showers are good.

A friendly hostel with a nice vibe, in a beautiful historic building right in the heart of downtown San Diego - beside all kinds of bars and restaurants. The breakfast (make your own pancakes) was great... and the staff (especially the two German guys) all did a good job of interacting with the guests. Nice common areas, especially the lounge... but my room (four-bed dorm) was kind of small. Can get kind of rowdy, which is good or bad, depending on what you are looking for.

Really lovely hostel right in the gaslamp district, walking distance to balboa park and very close to the trolley. Great atmosphere would stay again

In general I love USA hostels, I think they get it right with the privacy in bedrooms and individual shelves, lights and plugs. I have stayed at the hostels in LA and SF before now. In general people were friendly but didn't seem as keen to engage in social activities, but sometimes that is how it goes with the people you meet. Beds were comfortable, LOVE the lockers with plug sockets inside, do think the wait time for showers at busy times was a bit long.

As far as getting a "full hostel experience" goes, USA Hostels San Diego goes above and beyond. They have the friendliest staff with extensive knowledge on all kinds of things to do, see, and places to eat. The hostel itself is easy to miss if you're passing by in a car, but once you're inside, its a very welcoming environment with music always playing. Definitely will be back in the future. Special thanks to staff members: Henning, Dustin, Dylan, Olga, and Tim! They're the best.

really nice! secure entry to hostel and rooms, high ceilings in beautiful renovated turn of the century building, big common areas, outlets next to every bunk

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Antarctica

Really fantastic hostel right in the middle of where you want to be in SD. Staff are super helpful with any question you may have about the city, like public transport to the beaches. Highly recommend!

Everyhing was perfect except the breakfast with few options and the rooms were really hot, difficult to sleep. The staff is great, and the location is amazing!

So many pro's, location, customer service, ambiance. My only con would be that it was very hot in bathrooms and room we were in so maybe an update to their ac/ventilation system.

• 17th Jul 2015

First off, I rarely write reviews, I usually keep silent during the good or bad, but my stay at USA Hostel San Diego made me break that oath of silence. I think what USAH SD does shows everything what a hostel should be, a warm, inviting place for travelers all over to come and share experiences or create new ones, and in the midst of the Comic-Con chaos they did just that. The events are amazing, the staff is extremely friendly (Hi David and Bruno!), the rooms are clean, and the breakfast hot

What an awesome thing to say about us! We're so pleased that you had such a good time with us and we'll be sure to say hi to David and Bruno for you!

Stayed over the 4th of July Weekend. Staff were fantastic and organised lots of fun activities.

Thanks for the great review. We're so glad you enjoyed our activities. Happy Travels!

The hostel itself is really nice and you can't find a better location. It's definitely a party hostel though so if you want to sleep well maybe try something outside the gas lamp district

The hostel staff were really friendly and knowledgeable. The hostel was also really clean and safe.

• 27th Jun 2015

When I booked this hostel, it was a last minute thing but I am so glad that I did. The location is perfect. The staff was so friendly and always were a great help. I've stayed in hostels in Europe and this was by far the cleanest one I've been to. I work in housekeeping and as second nature, I tend to look in nooks and crannies and this place was impeccable. The bathroom was always kept clean. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but you get the point. Great Job Guys!!

• 25th Jun 2015

This was my first experience hosteling and it was great. Everyone was super friendly the staff were helpful and really wanted you to enjoy yourself and the facilities are safe and clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 25th Jun 2015

its really convenient in downtown ,and you can change any transportion if you want.

• 23rd Jun 2015