USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Nothing really bad to say except for the configuration of the building itself : the common parts as the lounge and the kitchen don't play their role of helping meeting new people because they are somewhat small and inconvenient. To tell the truth, on this particular aspect, this might be the worst hostel I stayed in. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the location, the staff and the really good bed.

• 14th Dec 2014

After traveling across the US for 9 weeks, this is the best hostel I've stayed at. Nothing but good vibes with well maintained rooms and common areas, all the staff and fellow travelers were great and it's such a good location, couldn't recommended a place more

The dorm rooms are great with privacy thanks to 'enclosed' areas around the head of the bed. Nice large lockers also. The hostel is in a beautiful old historical building in the revitalized downtown area of San Diego. There is a comfy lounge area and other good common areas... and constant music playing over the speakers (even in the bathrooms) is a nice touch (although it shuts off at 11pm or thereabouts). The reception staff are super friendly and attentive and have strong local knowledge.

This place is awesome! Right in the heart of the party but somehow quiet enough to allow a good night's sleep. I'll be back.

Yea! Thanks for the great review!

I like this hostel, it's a good place for young people, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the location is very good. What's more, I bought cheaper entrance ticket of Sea World at the hostel.

I have stayed there for a week !! It was fantastic ! make sure that you do Tijuana tour with the hostel on Saturday ! you won't regret it. Location is very handy, shops and restaurants are everywhere !! staff are super friendly.

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Our Tijuana tour is rather infamous...we mean famous. :-)

Great location with activities happening each night. Very easy to meet fellow travellers. Friendly people on reception who are very helpful on ideas of places to go and visit.

Had a fantastic stay, thanks mostly due to the amazing staff (the daily outings and events were great fun). Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was excellent! I'd definitely go again!

• 21st Nov 2014

The place is great and cheap. I will definitely stay here again if I get the chance. I would have liked more breakfast options, however.

• 21st Nov 2014

It's a great space with a really dedicated team. With optional daily events for supporting social engagement, the USA Hostels did a good job of balancing a space for people who want to socialize to others who are simply there with their own goals. Free breakfast was appreciated and my room felt safe. Occasionally, the bathrooms would be closed during periods of high rush, though that is something that could be fixed by individual pre-planning. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and recommendable!

Super conveniently located. People were nice. Be careful about where you leave your things and be sure to bring your own lock.

• 14th Nov 2014

We're glad you liked our hostel overall. We also recommend guests bring their own lock to use on the lockers we provide for free in each dorm. Our lockers come with power points inside so all guests can securely charge their electronics. However, if a guest arrives without a lock, we sell them at reception or they can be bought in a nearby shop.

Great location with great staff. It was clean with activities scheduled nightly.

• 12th Nov 2014

First class hostel in the middle of everything! Very social and lots of organised fun available. Would definitely stay again and recommend this to anyone! :)

Probably got one of the niecest welcome ever by the girl in glasses. Supernice hostel. Would def stay again.

Awesome location!!

Located in a very nice area of San Diego, right next to all the action. It's safe and the staff is helpful. The atmosphere was a little low, but it was the end of October, not the best time for meeting travellers I guess! The breakfast is quite good, you can make your own pancakes, but there's also bread, fruit, coffee and tea available. Loved the place!

The people here are friendly and helpful. There's always something planned if you want to join everyone. A fantastic friendly environment. I enjoyed it so much I extended my stay.

• 26th Oct 2014

Great pan cakes in the morning.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Amazing place to stay and great atmosphere, friendly staff, could't ask for any more

Warm, helpful, and knowledgeable staff, and good tips (both verbal and written) for getting around in San Diego.

• 15th Oct 2014