9.0
Superb 1,749 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 1,749 Total Reviews
USA Hostels San Diego Located at 726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego.
USA
San Diego CA 92101 726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA
90% 1749
32.7129039 -117.1603059
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
20th Aug 2016

This hostel has so many elements which have caused it to be the best hostel I've ever stayed in. This is in comparison with 30 plus other hostels in Europe and the USA. There's so many excellent things about it but to name a few I would pick - the comfy couches and lounge areas which allow you to chat, chill and meet new people - the privacy pods in the room which offer some alone time when you need it! - the countless papers and information notes available - the staff were amazingly great

• USA, Male, 31-40
19th Aug 2016

It was my first time staying at a hostel so I had my concerns, but it turned out to be a great experience. I was traveling alone and the atmosphere made it very easy to meet people and experience San Diego. The staff was great and had social events for guests daily which leads me to another highlight. Guests are offered extremely discounted admissions to clubs in addition coordinated trips and/or transportantion guidance to pretty much all of the beaches and sights. Def will do this again.

19th Aug 2016

Excellent party hostel in the middle of the nightlife district. Good kitchen facilities, laundry, bathrooms looked new, very clean hostel, big lockers with power points inside, each bed has a light and power socket, chilled atmosphere, keycard access, organised activities. Only negative (which is expected as it's on the party strip) is it's VERY noisy at night. They have free ear plugs. If you want social / party, this is a great place in good location.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
12th Aug 2016

Hostel was super clean- they seemed to clean the bathrooms twice a day. Great location- sam was our favourite member of staff, always playing our favourite tunes!

• Colombia, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2016

I was at this Hostal jus one night but for sure I'll come back, is really clean, the stuff is really nice, the location is perfect. Highly recommend

Thanks for your stay and leaving us such an amazing review! We will pass along your kind words to our amazing housekeepers who do their best keeping our hostel so clean! Hope to see you again your next time in San Diego and we wish you safe travels!

• Chile, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

Great experience at this hostel as the location was incredible, staff was very friendly and it had a great atmosphere. Way nicer than the one in San Francisco. Breakfast could be a little better.

Thanks for your stay and the great review! We will pass along your kind words to our staff. We are currently working on expanding and offering more choices for breakfast. Thanks again for you stay and hope to see you again your next time through! Safe travels!

• USA, Male, 18-24
6th Aug 2016
2.0

I was not allowed to stay. Have dual identity as american and belgian. Was told I old not stay unless I showed proof of money in on. Bulls hit. I needed a place e to stay for two weeks and was thrown onto the street. How can you make a living doing this.

• England, Male, 25-30
1st Aug 2016
7.1

Nice hostel. Great location in the middle of gastown, but needs some way of reducing Street noise. Very loud in evening until music from bars stops.

Thanks for your stay and for you feedback. We are located in the heart of the gaslamp right next to many great restaurants and bars. We understand that because we are in the heart of the nightlife that the street noise can be an issue. We are doing our best to work with our neighbors to ensure people are not gathering right outside the hostel to reduce street noise. We appreciate the stay and the feedback. Safe travels!

• USA, Male, 31-40
30th Jul 2016

This is my third Hostel and second in San Diego. I travel quite a bit for races and I have found hostels to be far more enjoyable than hotels. I loved my stay here and will be back for sure. Great people and great fun.

• garrytosh
  • Scotland, Male, 25-30
26th Jul 2016

Great hostel. Well located and has nice, clean bathrooms. The lockers also have a plug socket for charging electronics securely which was a massive bonus. Staff are helpful and ensured I had (too much) fun on the pub crawl. Breakfast is poor but there's plenty of pieces nearby - IHOP is just around the corner for instance. Would 100% recommend.