USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Full marks to this friendly and relaxed hostel right in the middle of 5th Avenue. Although retired and considerably older than most of the other guests we felt right at home. Staff bent over backwards to help us and being able to make our own breakfast left more money for fine dining in the excellent restaurants on Fifth Avenue. We hired a car in San Diego to trip around the U.S. And have booked another couple of days when we return it, prior to flying home to Australia.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

staff was kind enough to let us store our bags a few hours longer than check out so we can have lunch and bum around the city before catching our flight out...appreciated that...spot is excellent in the middle of the Gaslamp District...lots of clubs and restaurants of all types...total blast on the weekends...I'll be back...

• 4th Apr 2015

Very nice facility, location, great weekend party place!!!

Nice place with a good central location. Also the staff was great in helping me out with some computer stuff.

Didnt find staff very friendly, warming or personable.

The Staff were super friendly and supportive. Showers and rooms were cleaned daily which was great and i felt safe and secure as well as feeling my belongings were safe.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Great place to stay. The location is great. Perfect for a getaway.

• 21st Mar 2015

A friendly ,well run hostel and well located, recommended but not for older travellers or for those who would find the loud recorded music everywhere, including the bathrooms, intrusive.

Great hostel, great place to meet people from all over the world! The only thing is that American hostels are quite expensive and booking a hotel sometimes might be cheaper. However, I can only recommend it. They also offer a Programme for the day, which is a great thing!

Overall, a nice hostel and a good value. Location couldn't be better for downtown San Diego, and the hostel itself is definitely kept very clean. One drawback is the common areas are a bit spread out and small so it's not as easy to lounge and meet people, however I did go during the winter so there may have been less people overall. The staff was helpful and there were a ton of resources for getting around the city so that was definitely appreciated!

Everything's fine, but the smell is not OK. Killed the mood.

The hostel could use a water cooler.

This hostel needs an update, it still looks like it did in the flower power time. Three showers and toilets for 80-100 people on one floor? Come on that is absurd. Be aware when Emily is behind the desk, this girl wants to watch her favorite tv show on the computer instead of helping you and she shows it when you disturb her...bad attitude.

Dear customer, First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing USA Hostels for your stay in San Diego. I am very sorry to hear that you didn`t like the hostel, and that you felt the receptionist didn`t value your presence as expected. I want to let you know that we value our customers as the most important priority, and work hard in delivering outstanding customer service. I will be in touch by email to extend my apologies to you more deeply, and investigate this further. Alessandro

I had a great time at USA Hostels San Diego. Thank you very much for having me! Excellent location, very clean and the staff are all very very helpful! Totally recommend the Tijuana tour :)

Love this place! Really good location, lots of bars and restaurants around. Staff are lovely, happy to help. Good social area to hang out and meet people. Good WiFi - always a must! Would go back in a heartbeat.

Great location.plesant and helpful staff good facilities

oh my god the receptionist had to be the loveliest person, in the world, Ever!!! a complete dream and I would have definitely asked her out if I A) lived in san diego and B) was a lot better looking... ...there was a small problem in training the staff because the person who comes to clean the rooms always said 'mousekeeping' before they entered :s Overall it's a really great hostel :) ...it is just a shame there are sometimes a person on the reception that wasn't Charlena

Enjoyable stay... Really rate the USA hostels, stayed in the San Francisco one and now the one in San Diego, both have been great and nice hostels to stay in.

There is some ordor from the carpet on the floor, but it is overall clean. There's no elevator, but the staff helped me a lot with my luggage. The hostel is not full, and pretty quiet. Perhaps winter is not the busy season, and that has advantages too. The decoration is very Mexican compared with its chain hostels in other locations.

Liked the natural light of the hostel- lots of stairs! But great location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3