USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Amazing place to stay and great atmosphere, friendly staff, could't ask for any more

• 16th Oct 2014

Warm, helpful, and knowledgeable staff, and good tips (both verbal and written) for getting around in San Diego.

• 15th Oct 2014

it would be nice to have a locker under the beds for larger bags.

Great location and the staff are so warm and friendly not to mention helpful. Great place to stay on the centre of eberything

Excellent location. Very pretty hostel. Very easy to make friends in the hostel.

Great hostel! Great city! You get pancakes for breakfast and bathrooms and rooms are clean. The hostel is in a great location and not far from the train and bus stops. I would absolutely stay here again!

Excellent hostel right in the heart of downtown San Diego

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

This the second time I have stayed at USA Hostels San Diego, as well as previously staying in USA Hostels San Francisco. I don't think I would stay anywhere else. The staff were super friendly and helpful, the location was ideal the rooms were decent.

Great place! Join there Tijuana Tour! You'll meet a lot if great people and have a fun (kinda short) night in Mexico!

Enjoyed my stay at USA Hostels San Diego. Very friendly staff, and excellent location in Gaslamp. Although my room was located very close to the street, I managed to get a decent night's sleep after midnight.

A great place to stay, really lovely helpful staff. Definitely bring earplugs in case you are in a room facing the street, but you should be doing that anyway if you´re staying in hostels! Good atmosphere and easy to make friends for a lone traveller.

Next time don't put a guest in a room with 5 drunk lads from Kent, not 1 good night sleep but was still an amazing city and very comfortable beds. Thanks

This hostel is really a good place to stay in downtown San Diego. Everything is quite clean, the staff is really friendly and helpful. The location at 5th ave is perfect to have some drinks in one of the great bars. The hostel also allows to have drinks in the common room - so it's a good place to make new friends. The rooms are quite small - so don't bring too much luggage. In the rooms there is no airconditioning - so expect hot nights in Diego...

We only had a short stay but thought the hostel was great. We really enjoyed the Tijuana tour too! Great location, close to everything.

Everything was good, and we had a good stay! Maybe sometime in the future, invest in en suite bathrooms like some European hostels, however, the location was so perfect! :) Breakfast good too!

Good: Very nice staff, hostel hopper shuttle can take you to USA Hostel LA directly, nice activities like 1 dollar beer night. Nice location with bars and fast food nearby Bad: very small dorm and I almost can't even open my luggage. Hard to find the front door as it is "hidden" in between bars.

Definitely the place to stay If you are visiting San Diego!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

The location of USA Hostels San Diego is excellent, right in the heart of a lively area called the Gaslamp District. You won't be short of places to get a drink of something to eat around here. It is also close to the baseball stadium. However, I didn't like the atmosphere of the hostel itself. It didn't suit us well as it is a hostel with a lot of young solo travellers and backpackers, whereas we were older than most of them and were looking for a quiet base.

I really enjoyed my time there! I would definitely come back! :)

Extremally loud in the rooms facing street

« first « Prev 1 2 3