USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Great hostel! I've stayed at many hostels in a variety of countries and this one would definitely be one worth returning to. Perfectly located in the Gaslamp area of San Diego, this hostel was everything I could have wanted. Highly recommended and hope to see you all again soon!

One suggestion guys:bedside USB outlets

Great minds think alike! We are actually in the process of retrofitting our privacy pods with USB plugs. We'll be changing out one of the current outlets for a usb. If you visit our new hostel in Ocean Beach, you'll see we already have them installed there.

I've traveled all over and stayed in lots of hostels, this hostel definitely kept up with my expectations. Very cozy, lots of activities, good breakfast, clean, wonderful location. My friend and I stayed here for New Years and there's just no way you could beat the price.

• 30th Dec 2015

excellent location, excellent staff, clean, great atmosphere

The location is good but it's a bit noisy at night because of the people on the street and sometimes people have party in the hostel. Bathrooms are not enough but they are clean.

Was absolutely amazing!! Loved the whole stay...if you have a chance come here!! Staff were the best part, amazing people and amazing city...I'll be back for sure

Great hostel. Big beds and rooms. Helpful staff. Very clean with good facilities.

Large, well-equipped kitchen with gas stoves and free pancake breakfast.

Located downtown, hostel is clean with nice staff. Not really many organised nights out though.

Nice hostel with big rooms. Clean bathrooms and cool atmosphere. Really nice and helpful stuff.

very nice

• 19th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Very nice! The place is clean and comfortable, the receptionists are very cute and helpful lol, the location is very convenient,but it is on the top of the bars , you need to bring some ear plugs with you .

Great hostel but the pumping music at 8am seems like a bad idea in a hostel, especially when you can hear it through earplugs. It also has the worst toilet paper in America. Otherwise nice, very friendly staff even at 5am.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! Located in a great location with easy access to the park and nightlife, I would highly recommend this hostel

Everything was cool, it is completely a party hostel that is ok but you will have problems if you want to rest... a lot of noise into the rooms. Good Breakfast and really nice building.

I was worried about staying in a hostel because all the San Diego locals told me about how there were bedbugs and I'd regret it, but it was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at anywhere in the world. The bunks are set up in a very convenient way that minimizes annoyances for other people, the lockers are large, the breakfast is good. I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends. Also I stayed on Halloween, a noisy night, but my room was pretty quiet, facing the ally.

Best ever hostel experience and incredible location!

• 31st Oct 2015

Great stay! I grew up in SD and live in Sacramento now. I've been to many hostels in Europe and Central America but never in my own country! Was pleasantly surprised by this hostel Was here over Halloween weekend and had a fantastic time! The staff are all excellent. Gaslamp is an awesome area, right in the middle of everything. Highly Recommend.

The staff were very kind and the people in general too. But the cleanliness in bathroom and room was poor. And also the breakfast was very poor. I've stayed in other similar price hostels and now I realize that there are better than USA hostel.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Chile

Great hostel with nice lounge and lots of bathrooms and perfect location, but 10am checkout is too early, especially on Sunday.