USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Extremally loud in the rooms facing street

I had to check out at 2 am to drive someone to the airport and even though I was staying another night in the exact same room they would not let me return to my room! Because I had checked out, they would not let me back in my bed! My problem with this chain of hostels is UNQUESTIONING LOYALTY TO RULES. And please trust me, when i say that I LOVE RULES. I enjoy and respect stricter than normal rules but this is RIDICULOUS. This whole chain of hostels has an issue with that.

Couldnt have a better location, hostel pretty clean, and great atmosphere, loved all! Just i think could expect little bit more from the breakfast

I booked a 4 bed dorm, in expectation to have a better room. but the room didn't have a window, so no fresh air could come into the room. it was very hot during the night so it was difficult to sleep. an AC would be a minimum for this room.

It's the best hostel i ever been so far. I will be back by sure and i recomended to everybody. A little expensive comparing with other hostels but it is also a lot better and in the middle of a lot of night entertainment a d closer to very good areas to spend the days. Also,public transportation to everywhere just a few blocks from there

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Excellent all round. Extremely helpful staff. The arrangements even allowed people to have late night fun and others to sleep. Highly recommended

Pro: Good Atmosphere. Great facilities. Shared bathrooms were clean. Cons: bed linens were dirty. my locker was taken by another guest.

• 2nd Aug 2014

If it wasn't for the friendly staff who welcomed me & accommodated me all throughout my stay my experience would have been good, but not great. The dorm that I stayed in was exceptionally clean & the lockers were extremely convenient. The inside decor was so artsy & colorful you feel like you've entered a travelers playground. The location is in the heart of the gaslamp quarter which was such a convenience. Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at by far. Thanks so much for everything!

• 1st Aug 2014

Wonderful hostel. 2nd time I've used them. Their location in downtown is great, just the right distance from everywhere.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I thought it was a good place to stay in, staff was helpful when I had keycard problems on the first day

• 23rd Jul 2014

Good hostel in the heart of the Gas lamp area of San Diego.Close to bars and good restaurants.

It was an experience that I'll never forget. I met a beautifully talented girl there. I really want to get into contact with her! I'm angry for not getting her number or anything. Please help me!!! Her name is Jaycee, I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right but she was there July 22nd-23rd 2014. I'd be forever grateful!!! Peace and Love, Bianca Lemus

• 21st Jul 2014

Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms were all great. The hostel is safe and clean. A good choice althought there is little atmosphere and no common place to get to know anyone other than a living room style area with no music and vybe. The organised nights out / events are pretty poor and unorganised. This is one of many hostels I have stayed in and one of 4 on my trip to the USA this month.

The hostel was in an ideal location for seeing the sites of San Diego. There was always a buzz about the area and no shortage of places to eat and drink. The only negetive think would be the time it took the guy behind the counter to check us in. Over half an hour to scans our passports and pay up. Not ideal after a long journey. Only other thing I would mention would be the showers. They were a bit like that Katy Perry song 'hot and cold'. Had a fantastic time though. Top hostel, top city!

Everything was amazing, great experience! Would definitely choose USA Hostels again!

• 18th Jul 2014

The best thing about this hostel were the staff, especially Marky Mark. Absolutely fantastic stay here, I love San Diego.

Great hostel - convenient (great location), clean, and good vibe. Free pancakes, fruit and coffee in the morning always gets a tick!

Wonderful hostel with great atmosphere and in perfect location! Especially loved the bunks and how they had a bit more privacy than other hostels.

Great peoplo deff coming back

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great experience! We had an awesome time in this hostel!!! It's located in the main party street which makes it a little bit louder during the weekends, but besides that absolutely great - excellent breakfast!

• 20th Jun 2014