USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

It was an experience that I'll never forget. I met a beautifully talented girl there. I really want to get into contact with her! I'm angry for not getting her number or anything. Please help me!!! Her name is Jaycee, I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right but she was there July 22nd-23rd 2014. I'd be forever grateful!!! Peace and Love, Bianca Lemus

• 21st Jul 2014

Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms were all great. The hostel is safe and clean. A good choice althought there is little atmosphere and no common place to get to know anyone other than a living room style area with no music and vybe. The organised nights out / events are pretty poor and unorganised. This is one of many hostels I have stayed in and one of 4 on my trip to the USA this month.

The hostel was in an ideal location for seeing the sites of San Diego. There was always a buzz about the area and no shortage of places to eat and drink. The only negetive think would be the time it took the guy behind the counter to check us in. Over half an hour to scans our passports and pay up. Not ideal after a long journey. Only other thing I would mention would be the showers. They were a bit like that Katy Perry song 'hot and cold'. Had a fantastic time though. Top hostel, top city!

Everything was amazing, great experience! Would definitely choose USA Hostels again!

• 18th Jul 2014

The best thing about this hostel were the staff, especially Marky Mark. Absolutely fantastic stay here, I love San Diego.

Great hostel - convenient (great location), clean, and good vibe. Free pancakes, fruit and coffee in the morning always gets a tick!

Wonderful hostel with great atmosphere and in perfect location! Especially loved the bunks and how they had a bit more privacy than other hostels.

Great peoplo deff coming back

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great experience! We had an awesome time in this hostel!!! It's located in the main party street which makes it a little bit louder during the weekends, but besides that absolutely great - excellent breakfast!

• 20th Jun 2014

lovely, colorful, friendly, Great Breakfast

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Awesome- could just be a bit cleaner in the bathrooms.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • KateCecilia

Just WOW. Great hostel!!! Make a good choice and stay there. Price is a little high but everything else ist just great!!!!!! Very good hostel!!! Location is good. Staff is friendly, nice and helpful.

At first I wasn't too impressed, but then I grew to love this place. Check in was a bit slow - they explained it's not usually as busy as it was, but they should have had an extra person to deal with the luggage storage and answering the phone and door buzzer to speed things up. The shared bathrooms could have been cleaned more often IMO. Overall, the staff was laid back and it was really fun staying here. :)

I loved this place. San Diego is an amazing city and this place is the perfect base to explore it from. The pub crawl was really fun and the beds with the privacy pods are a brilliant idea. I'd definitely stay here again.

The environment is so nice and I like the kitchen so much . It provides not only nice free breakfast but also the Kitchenware that guests can make lunch or dinner by themselves . Everything is great!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • China

Great place, good atmosphere, Nice stay 😊

• 24th May 2014

It was so hot in the room for two nights, almost no air in the room, I was about to sleep in the bathroom, because it was fresh... There is no air conditionning. Very well-located: downtown, near the plublic transportation, in the middle of dozens of good restaurants and bars.

Decent hostel right in the middle of downtown. If you plan on sleeping though, good luck here. All the noise from the bars in the area made it hard to sleep without earplugs and unfortunately, I was there during a heatwave. No a/c was rough but usually you don't need it in San Diego. Nice kitchen and breakfast. Security was good and it was very clean.

We loved it here met some really cool people that we will be keeping in touch with ! :0)

• 28th Apr 2014

There were noisy rooms/people even after 11pm, i dont know if the staff is responsible to stop them or it s coming from the staff already since there are many people working there for free bed. 4 Mixed Room(#2) on the first floor has no Window, no air inside except the AC which makes also noise. Its location is great and the Value for Money is good.

• 27th Apr 2014