USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

Our stay was great the only issue is rhat due to the lack of air conditioning our room was like a sauna. The fans didn't cool the room down. Location is great and the staff were really friendly!

• 20th Oct 2015

Great hostel. Staff were great and so helpful. Location was perfect. Only one negative is if you're in one of the front rooms it can be quite noisy at night.

I really liked the hostel. The rooms were clean and the stuff is really friendly and helpful. The hostel is located right in the Gaslamp Quarter, which is great because it is so central but it is hard to find a parking spot when you are with a car. I also had a room with windows to the street, which makes it really loud during the night. But with earplugs it's all fine. I would come here again.

Actually I've used this hostel before. The impression had been so nice and it was same this time. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are always clean. And the breakfast is yummy. If I come back to San Diego I'm for sure that I'll stay here again.

• 13th Oct 2015
  • Japan

Really good hostel in a great location! Staff friendly and fun social activities organised by the hostel. Only slight negative was that in the double room we were in there was only a ceiling fan and it was boiling in the room. Would definitely recommend this place!

It is a great hostel. The only thing I have to say is that it has no AC.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Spain

No AC in the rooms!!!! Impossible for a city as hot as San Diego

THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED1.Great Staffs I met Henning and Take on the first day I arrived there. Henning took my luggage upstairs and he is very easy to talk with and interesting. During my stay, I talked with Take almost every day. He is such a diligent and interesting person. He also helped me with my heavy luggage on my leaving day. I really don't want to say goodbye to them>< 2. fun activities& free shuttle& discount ticket &great roomie3.Really clean!!! 4.colorful environment

The staff was fantastic!Extremely friendly and helpful!

everything was great.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

Such an awesome atmosphere with brilliant staff. Enjoyed my time there so much!!

• 5th Oct 2015

Pros: location, security (lockers in the rooms), a good number of WCs and showers Cons: none, maybe the price

Absolutely phenomenal hostel. Location is perfect. Great staff. Ended up staying longer. Good facilities and made some great friends here, everyone is up for a good time.

Could not have chosen a better place. The crawls were amazing and thw rooms were exactly as expected.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Perfectly located in the gaslamp district, very welcoming and helpful. Crazy barhopping tour, what else to say. Well the city is dead after 2:30 am but that's not the hostels fault. ..

This hotel is amazing;)! Thank you guys!

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Poland

Ended up staying way longer than planned, loved San Diego and this hostel. It is right where you want to be, with tons of attractions, restaurants and bars in walking distance. Only downside is parking, prepare to add $15/day for the nearest garage.

We love it when guests stay longer than intended because they are having a good time. Unfortunately, the city center location does pose a bit of a parking issue. There is some free street parking, but it's a number of blocks away. The nice thing about the paid parking lot, Park in on Market, is that is manned 24 hours a day.

Awesome hostel in best location surrounded by restaurants and bars. Room is clean, great mattress, bed with own light and powerpoint. Big locker with power point in locker. Provide great breakfast and dinner. Staff so helpful. No aircon and it was a hot week - that was the only downside. Highly recommend

We're glad you gave us a 100% despite the heat! We are really appreciative. We hope you made use of our free shuttle to cool off at the beach.

Good Hostel :)! Rooms were good and lockers were nice a roomy, could fit my whole backpack in it without any problems! Staff was friendly and useful. Location is great for nightlife and to go out and eat. Getting to the beach was pretty easy, one bus at the corner of the street takes you there. Showers were good, you had some privacy! Only complaint would be the kitchen area for breakfast, you need to go up in a little ''loft'' area to go eat and theres probably just 5 small tables at the most!

Friendly staff, specially Charlena. Clean hostel, confortable beds. No air-con, breakfast eating area not well thought- if someone burns a pancake, guests get all the smoke on their faces.

Thanks for your comments. We've had an unusual summer...we never have warm nights, but we are addressing this to provide more ventilation. As for pancake burners...we have fan and extraction hoods, but we can't teach people how to cook a pancake! :-)