USA Hostels San Diego Reviews

726 5th Avenue, San Diego CA, San Diego, USA

This hostel is really a good place to stay in downtown San Diego. Everything is quite clean, the staff is really friendly and helpful. The location at 5th ave is perfect to have some drinks in one of the great bars. The hostel also allows to have drinks in the common room - so it's a good place to make new friends. The rooms are quite small - so don't bring too much luggage. In the rooms there is no airconditioning - so expect hot nights in Diego...

Everything was good, and we had a good stay! Maybe sometime in the future, invest in en suite bathrooms like some European hostels, however, the location was so perfect! :) Breakfast good too!

Good: Very nice staff, hostel hopper shuttle can take you to USA Hostel LA directly, nice activities like 1 dollar beer night. Nice location with bars and fast food nearby Bad: very small dorm and I almost can't even open my luggage. Hard to find the front door as it is "hidden" in between bars.

Definitely the place to stay If you are visiting San Diego!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Il manquait souvent du papier dans les toilettes... Beaucoup de bruit la nuit... Malgre les affiches de faire attention de 11pm a 7am... Souvent un gros party dans les escaliers au lieu d'utiliser les endroits a cette fin.. La salle a manger etait toujours d'un chaleur accablante...

• 29th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my time there! I would definitely come back! :)

Extremally loud in the rooms facing street

I had to check out at 2 am to drive someone to the airport and even though I was staying another night in the exact same room they would not let me return to my room! Because I had checked out, they would not let me back in my bed! My problem with this chain of hostels is UNQUESTIONING LOYALTY TO RULES. And please trust me, when i say that I LOVE RULES. I enjoy and respect stricter than normal rules but this is RIDICULOUS. This whole chain of hostels has an issue with that.

Couldnt have a better location, hostel pretty clean, and great atmosphere, loved all! Just i think could expect little bit more from the breakfast

Super Hostel! Die Zimmer waren zwar etwas ungemuetlich, da sie kein Fenster hatten, es war jedoch sowohl in den Zimmern als auch im Badezimmer sehr sauber. Das Fruehstuek war auch sehr gut. Jeden Tag sind Aktivitaeten angeboten oder vorgeschlagen. Club Crawl am Freitag ist nur zu empfehlen. Wir wuerden definitiv wiederkommen!

Le séjour est à un tarif très intéressant par contre quelques reproches aux conditions de séjour au sein de l'auberge : il nous est indiqué "petit déjeuner compris" mais il s'avère que c'est à nous de faire la cuisson de nos propres pancakes, de plus les espaces de vie commun sont de tailles très restreintes ( impossible de tous déjeuner dans la même salle, en même temps ).

I booked a 4 bed dorm, in expectation to have a better room. but the room didn't have a window, so no fresh air could come into the room. it was very hot during the night so it was difficult to sleep. an AC would be a minimum for this room.

It's the best hostel i ever been so far. I will be back by sure and i recomended to everybody. A little expensive comparing with other hostels but it is also a lot better and in the middle of a lot of night entertainment a d closer to very good areas to spend the days. Also,public transportation to everywhere just a few blocks from there

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Excellent all round. Extremely helpful staff. The arrangements even allowed people to have late night fun and others to sleep. Highly recommended

Pro: Good Atmosphere. Great facilities. Shared bathrooms were clean. Cons: bed linens were dirty. my locker was taken by another guest.

• 2nd Aug 2014

If it wasn't for the friendly staff who welcomed me & accommodated me all throughout my stay my experience would have been good, but not great. The dorm that I stayed in was exceptionally clean & the lockers were extremely convenient. The inside decor was so artsy & colorful you feel like you've entered a travelers playground. The location is in the heart of the gaslamp quarter which was such a convenience. Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at by far. Thanks so much for everything!

• 1st Aug 2014

Wonderful hostel. 2nd time I've used them. Their location in downtown is great, just the right distance from everywhere.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I thought it was a good place to stay in, staff was helpful when I had keycard problems on the first day

• 23rd Jul 2014

A parte de segurança deixa um pouco a desejar, pois apesar de solicitarem a todos que chegam que apresentem seus cartões verifiquei em algumas ocasiões que pessoas entraram sem apresentarem seus cartões.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Good hostel in the heart of the Gas lamp area of San Diego.Close to bars and good restaurants.

« first « Prev 1 2 3