USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Amazing staff.. the breakfast is amazing! This hostel has some great activities for its guest.. ie 5 dollar meals in the evening and social events like free wine and cheese.. they go the extra mile. Also loved how each toilet and shower was in its own space and not all bunched together in a room so you get alot of privacy. The room I was in had huge windows and was a good size and plenty of room. Very clean and welcoming hostel so stay here and you will feel glad.

Free breakfast and drinks saturday night. Great helpful staff. Own power points, lights and lockers in the rooms. Activities to join every day. Big common room. Highly recommended.

Fantastic vibe! Meet great people and go on pub crawls/karaoke nights. Quiet at night and great free breakfast in the morning. In a bit of dodgy area, but still really convenient for walking around downtown.

• 15th Jul 2014

Would recommend it to everyone!

Really nice hostel! Both rooms and kitchen where clean and big, and the breakfast was good (bread, butter, jam, a little fruit, pancakes, coffee and tea). The toilet facilities where okay, and the staff was really friendly and helpful. Be aware that the hostel is placed on the boarder of the area "tenderloin", where a lot of homeless people stay. It is not dangerous but maybe unpleasant to pas through in the evening. On the other hand it id close to the city center and chinatown.

Only stayed for a couple of nights. The hostel had pretty much eveything you need. Free breaky, clean rooms and a fare amount of info on things to do. Great location.

• 5th Jul 2014

Of the hostels I visited in America, by far the best one.

• 5th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed my time here. It's definitely one of the best US hostels I've stayed. They made a great effort to get people mingling and familiarized with San Francisco. Brendan's walking tour was brilliant!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • gypsybarista

Great hostel! Everyone is very friendly, the staff and the patrons! Great activities both day and night! My tour guide on Saturday, 5 July, was awesome! He was very knowledgeable and you could tell he enjoys his job! Thanks!

• 4th Jul 2014

Great hostel average location. Friendly staff and great facilities however they use the word 'tour' very loosely. I went on both the walking and cycle tour and neither were very informative, but can't complain too much as they were free.

I stayed here for two nights and it was such a perfect spot to explore the city and make the most out of a very short stay. Breakfast was basic but plentiful and there were lots of activities and common areas to meet fellow travellers. I'd return on my next visit and would recommend to anyone considering!

Excelent!

Very good hostel. I had a nice, quiet four bed dorm at the back of the property away from the road noise. The price was heaps more than other hostels around the world I have been in, but it's SF and all accommodation is clearly expensive! I would definitely stay here again, close to everything, helpful and friendly staff and it was nice to have fresh fruit included in the breakfast. I would recommend the walking tour they do. Washing facilities were great and not expensive.

A great hostel in a good location, however some parts are a little dodgy late at night. The walking tour was really fun and we met plenty of interesting people. Great facilities and very friendly. Thanks!

We chose to stay at this hostel because of the raving reviews and awards they have won. Upon arrival they mucked up our reservation despite booking in advance, they were rude and made us feel like it was our fault despite their mistakes. It was extremely which made it difficult to sleep, and the room was really hot and stuff despite the fact that it was cold outside. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014

Staff were helpful and friendly.

• 28th Jun 2014

very much enjoyed my stay and will book rooms here again in the future !!!

• 27th Jun 2014

Absolutely wonderful! I am unable to choose something that could be added to make it any better, great value for money! If you're a lone traveller the social events are great to get socialising! Would definitely go back!

• 25th Jun 2014

This hostel was amazing, from the moment we checked in everything went smooth and was clean. We partook in the free walking tour which was incredible. They had events every night, a cheap airport shuttle and had directions & suggestions galore. The only downside was we couldn't stay there our whole 7 nights in San Francisco due to it being booked out! If we are ever back in the area, we will be staying here for sure!

thanks for all!