USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Such a great hostel! All the tours they ran are great and help you to meet other guests in the hostel. Our walking tour with Brian was awesome!

Very friendly staff, clean room and good atmosphere. Only the fridge was way too cold, as most of our ood was frozen the next day :-)f

Amazing, friendly, helpful, warm, clean and convenient. Welcoming to older travellers like ourselves. Very happy to recommend this hostel to others. Easy access to Hop on/ off bus, cable car, China Town n shops

This is hands down the BEST hostel I've ever stayed at and I've stayed in hostels all over Europe and all around the States, including Hawaii. Truly a gem of a hostel with a a Great location. Rooms were lovely, beds comfy, bathroom facilities clean, good breakfast to get you going in the morning. Thank You for such an enjoyable stay with you!!!

• 9th Apr 2015

Nice experience. Good staff!

• 9th Apr 2015

The hostel staff was fantastic. Everyone went over their way to help and please the guests. The breakfast included fruits, oats and bagles and all-you-can-make-pancakes. I joined two free tours: the bike tour (bike rental wasn't free) which was guided by Ed and the walking tour, which was guided by Brendan. Both of them did an amazing job. Super friendly, were able to tell random facts bout SF and always happy to help. B even took us to his fav bar :) would book again

Extremely clean and organized. Great structure and service. Free pancakes on breakfast! Area around is unsafe, full of junkies - most dangerous region in San Francisco (Tenderloin neighborhood). However, it's Really close to Union Square, easy to access public transportation.

• 8th Apr 2015

Decent for the money. Bed was comfortable enough. Room was facing the busy road so it was super loud (bring ear plugs) but I guess that's just city living so not a huge deal. Location was awesome; easy walking distance to many places. Enjoyed the free breakfast the first day but found mold on a couple English muffins the 2nd day and the staff member ignored me when I pointed this out which really kind of grossed me out. So check your food. Otherwise nice staff and an alright stay.

This place is awesome! I cannot think of one thing I'd change ! The location is perfect, facilities fantastic and the entire staff are professional and super friendly ! I especially liked that the common room, cafe, laundry, theatre and library are located in the basement, separate from living areas, Very quiet and peaceful in the rooms. Free breakfast, coffee and juice ! Some cool social activities ( wine/cheese nite, karaoke, city tours). Very clean, great lounge music and SECURE !

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Good value hostel in the middle of San Fran. Due to the size of the hostel I felt like I was treated more like a number than an individual like I am used to with other hostels. Overall a relatively positive experience. I would stay here again.

We enjoyed our stay to the fullest! Recommend this hostel to everyone. All of it was perfect; breakfast, kitchen, staff, location, rooms and so on. Worth all the money :-)

Staff was really helpful!!!!!

I've stayed at a few hostels when traveling, USA hostel would be on the top of my list of where to stay. Will highly recommend to others if visiting San Fransisco.

On the website it says if the room is ready you can check in early. I was there at 1:00pm and was told to come back at 2:00pm at checkin time. I was back at 1:50pm and still had to wait until 2:00pm. It put a bitter taste in my mouth. Walking distance to bars and restaurants. Rooms were clean and had powerpoints next to the bed. I was in the common area for about 10 seconds and everyone was on their phone. For the price, you could get a couple of people together and split a hotel room.

The hostel is located in a great place! It offers a bunch of activities. The atmosphere is great and the staff is always willing to help you. Great experience!

Very impressed.

• 28th Mar 2015

First time staying in hostel in the US. The facilities are fine but definitely felt more like a factory than your more intimate european / south american hostels. Also, the hostel is located in a not so great part of town. Not very safe to walk around at night.

Like much of San Francisco, go one way and you don't want to walk at night, but go the other way and you're safe as houses. Traveling by myself the neighborhood didn't feel great but I felt super safe inside the hostel. Super clean, free hand soap (a rare nice touch), and acceptable breakfast. Best part was the bar crawl, I met tons of cool people.

Very friendly and welcoming staff! I met great ppl there and became friends.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • China

The hostel is a good value for money option for backpackers. The only issue is that it is near the Tenderloin area...like many other hostels here and that isn't the best location to be in. Though the security within the hostel is no problem.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7