USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Good hostel and strict security. Really clean and tidy. Nice common areas and very well equipped kitchen. The only problem I had was that breakfast was all mainly bread based. There were oat sachets (the full of sugar kind) but no real milk to put on it or in a cup of tea. Not much fruit either. There is generally cereal at most hostels.

This hostel reminded me of the places I stayed at while in Europe, which I didn't expect to find in North America. The staff were friendly, the common areas were well-equipped and it's located a short walk from plenty of things to do. My only complaint (and it's a very minor one) is that the dorm I stayed in wasn't as nice as the rest of the hostel, which was particularly noticeable because of how nice the common spaces are. Not a deal-breaker, though, I'd definitely stay again!

Great facilities, friendly atmosphere, helpful staff and awesome breakfast. Only down sides were that street facing room was very noisy and rooms were heated a little too much so became stuffy.

Great location just a 5 minute walk from Union Square, a clean and well equipped kitchen, friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast. Had an amazing stay here!

Staff seemed to act abit like they were too cool to work there, the blanket covers were not changed after people left which is really gross they get used just like sheets !

We recently had a staff member leave who was not providing the high standard of customer service and friendliness we wish our guests to experience. So we hope you give us another try. Our duvets are regularly washed, but we would gladly have changed it for you if you wished. We always encourage guests to let us know any way we can improve their stay.

Very clean and neat hostel

• 28th Nov 2014

Had a great stay. No complaints.

Good little hostel, though my room in particular got way too hot in the evening (room 225). Shame that it sits right on the border of Tenderloin as I found the local homeless were quite persistent and confronting.

Excellent hostel! The team was really helpfull. I especially loved the walking tour around SF.

• 25th Nov 2014

This hostel is the prototype that they should use to design all hostels. It was clean, functional, so many things to do, knowledgeable staff, i met some great people and had a great time. There is not a single negative thing i could say about this hostel

Location was perfect (quick stroll, albeit uphill, but part of the experience, to the cable car straight down to Embarcadero), very safe (individual lockers). Pretty cheap accommodation for Union Square area, well lit and open entrance (not hole in the hallway), but in my opinion the price was well placed (not so cheap the wrong kind of crowd would flock in). Great facilities for a Hostel, all very clean and always well staffed.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Panama

I am 34 years old and this was my first time staying in a hostel. This ace was amazing. Staff where very friendly and the place was spotless (I'm a clean freak). Check in was very easy. The location was perfect. Close to union square and safe. I did walk around at night and felt very safe. I did make a YouTube video of my stay...look up San Francisco Hostel and watch it (along with a video walk throughout) I would stay here in a heart beat.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The staff was very unfriendly, unhelpful and rude, they never knew anything, they were not able to help with anything. One of them didn't even want to call me a cab, and made me wait out side for one with all my luggage at 4:30 in the morning. In general, they looked like they really hated his job, they shouldn't be doing this if they don't like it. Overall a good experience, the hostel is nice but I wouldn't come back just because of the staff.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

We contacted you separately about this incident but we want guests to know that USA Hostels does not condone rude or unprofessional behavior by staff. This staff member is no longer working for us and we hope you give us another try and get to know the rest of our friendly staff who work hard to help guests create good memories.

It was great - would highly recommend to anyone wanting a cheap place to sleep.r

Good spot close to union square and public transport. Staff helpful. Everything was kept nice and clean. had lots of activities, bike tour was fab!

Best hostel ever!

I literally cannot give any complaints about this hostel. People who are looking to meet people and socialise will find it incredibly easy. The atmosphere in the common area is great, and the staff do well to bring people together. I travelled alone and met great people. If you are looking for a quiet stay I would still 100% recommend, because the facilities and privacy (even in shared dorms) is exceptional. If it's $5 more a night, it's worth it.

it always makes us feel good when guests say 'it's worth it'. We try hard to create the best atmosphere and best facilities of any hostel in the city. Simply put, we have more common space with a yoga room, movie theatre, large lounge and lobby than any other hostel in the city. We love when guests recognize the value.

One of the best hostels I have every been too. On the downside, it is also one of the more expensive ones.

Smell in my room was not good (206), also very hot, but other than that I was happy with my stay.

Great activities! Neber stayed in a better hostel! Edds bike tour is awesome!

• 13th Nov 2014