USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Great place for fair price considering San Francisco standards.

• 12th Oct 2014

USA Hostels San Francisco is by far one of the best Hostels I have ever stayed in. As a female traveling by myself it was the perfect place to stay as I felt completely safe and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The hostel was really social and all the activities such as free walking tours, pub crawls, movie nights and wine and cheese night made it really easy to meet people and make friends. I had an amazing time here thanks to everyone especially Brendan who took the walking tour.

This hostel is quite expensive fior what it offers. However, I enjoyed the fact that they offer free walking tour of San Francisco, the pink haired girl was excellent and knew a lot about San Francisco. Some of the other staff I dealt with we're not very knowledgable and couldn't recommend any place or give me directions. Some evenings they offer dinner for $5, which is cheap for San Francisco, and the dinner is usually just about eatable. The rooms and the bathroom were actually quite dirty.

Good hostel, safe and clean!

• 3rd Oct 2014

the team lost my reservation which was a huge nuissance as we had to check out of our room and into another room in the middle of the stay. also iit was not clear that the deposit was on top of the room charge.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great hostel, it's definitely the best-equipped around - power in the lockers, individual power sockets in the rooms, some rooms even have USB power, cinema and whatnot. My biggest issue was that the name "USA Hostels San Francisco" looks like a made-up name to US border officials when you are entering the country and must disclose your hostel name. I had to use google maps on my phone to prove the hostel is real.

Really great hostel - was the first time I'd stayed at a hostel and it had everything you could want. Breakfast was good and location was really good too.

• 1st Oct 2014

We stayed at the hostel for two nights. The location was perfect to explore San Francisco as it is only a short walk from Union Square. We had a private double bed ensuite which was small but cosy and had everything we needed. We had a little noise during the night, but I guess that is part of the experience and of staying in the city. All in all, I would recommend to stay here!

Very friendly atmosphere which was great as I was travelling alone. I really liked the amount of lounge space and comfortable chairs so you could sit downstairs and chill out in the evenings.

Nice, clean, good value for money. Would stay here again.

I had a great stay. Would definitely stay again if I ever go to SF!

The hostel rooms themselves are nothing extraordinary, but the amenities are amazing! There is a movie theatre, small gym (with kettle bells, a few small weights, foam rollers, yoga matts etc.), laundry, a lounge and a great bar area with pool and foosball. The staff were amazingly helpful and the location does border the "tenderloin" but as long as you know where to avoid you are totally fine!!

Really excellent in all aspects. Cannot recommend highly enough and I am a mature Grannie backpacking around the world.

excellent, very clean just like last time i stayed! great hostel! would stay again!

This was an awesome hostel, in the heart of SF action and featuring a full range of amenities. I met some fun people, though a natural vibe was lacking at times in the social areas. The beds were very comfortable and I enjoyed my shower! Best kitchen of any hostel I've stayed at. A little expensive - 4-5x more than comparable places I've stayed on my trip, though it is also one of the best hostels I've ever visited. Would stay here again.

it's a good hostel, but too far from bart station

• 25th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Really good hostel. Some very nice touches like plugs in the lockers so u can charge ipod or phone and not worry about it. Only down side the room i had was quite near the common room so would hear the pool table or music quite often. Apart from that its very good. And i would stay again.

No a.c .... Just a fan ... It was so stuffy and hot

Good location ~ Safe~~Clean~worth the price! However, the staff didn't tell me there's a kitchen in the basement and it provides free breakfast during my check-in, so I miss the breadfast on the first morning. That's the only thing I can complain.

I was impressed by all the activities and facilities hosted by the hostel. I would definitely stay here again. Only negative point was that the pub crawl could have been better. The leader brought us to the bars and then I didn't see her again until it was time to go to the next bar. She could have been more engaging with everyone to make the experience more fun.

• 23rd Sep 2014