USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Great staff. Great location.

Excellent if a bit pricey. Great location. Really nice staff.

• 9th Jan 2016

This place was great! Almost didn't feel like a hostel. Wonderful facilities for everyone to use- it had a fantastic kitchen. It was great that they organised hostel activities to allow people to meet. The WiFi was free and fast and even in your room not just the common areas which was very handy. The beds were very comfortable. We really enjoyed staying here!

• 8th Jan 2016

Ill stay there for sure in case travel again to SF

An excellent hostel with great staff particularly the lovely Alex at reception, fantastic facilities including the kitchen, gym, laundry and chill out room. The rooms were spacious enough to feel you could put your bags/things down without being in a roommates way. Good storage areas in the room and lots of hooks to hang up coats/towels.

Great place.

Great hostel, good location although surrounding area is a bit dodgy. Love the daily events they run - great way to meet people and really nice staff.

This was an awesome hostel to stay ay - definitely one of the best ever in terms of security/cleanliness/staff friendliness. Really loved the free pool and foosbal. Pancakes for breakfast were awesome too - only wish there was milk/cereal as an option as well.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Slovenia

Great staff and facilities. The activities that the hostel arranges are a great way to meet people and are handy if you are on a tight budget.

Staff are friendly. The location is convenient to shop, dine and hang out on the beach. It is very clean. The building itself is small and I hear the sound of people partying in the back yard. But it was not huge noise. In terms of cost-value, it is very good. However, I don't like people smoking in the hostel area.

I really enjoyed my stay here. My boyfriend and I went for New Year's and we had an absolute blast. The hostel had a ll kinds of events and the hangout spaces were rad. The location is just a little bit sketchy. There are quite a bit of homeless people, but we weren't harassed. We stayed in a private room and it was so awesome! We had a mini fridge and microwave and the bed was uber comfy! Great atmosphere!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Excellent location (less than 10min by walk from Union Square & Powell Street). Great staff. And probably the most interesting people I've met in hostels.

Great location. Only a 8 min walk from Union Square. A lot of shops and restaurants around the area. Very clean rooms and personal space in your bunk beds. Unlimited breakfast every morning and relaxed areas around the hostel. The staff was really nice and polite. Had a great time here. I will definitely book again in the future.

I stayed in Green Turtoise for a few nights and then USA Hostels and USA is a much better experience for me personally. It's clean, well maintained and most importantly very quiet at night and good for people like me who don't party every day. There are activities every night and the common area is very nice and clean too. Breakfasts are the only thing I didn't like. It was only bread and stale bananas and coffee that literally tastes like water.

• 28th Dec 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is prime and the social activities are great for meeting people. They have a nice theatre where we lazily recovered on New Years Day, and it's clean! Most staff members are just fantastic. The only con is that the morning staff blast music in the basement every morning before 7am. For those of us in rooms on the first floor, this noise is VERY disturbing to sleep. I mentioned it to the front desk, only received a shrug. Overall, I recommend it!

Best sleep i've had in a long time! Very comfortable! I was lucky to have awesome dorm mates too.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

This place was fantastic. I went up for the weekend from LA, where I live because I don't really have any close friends in SF. The hostel was clean with comfortable beds, and clean bathrooms. It is in a good location, walking distance to Union Square, China Town and a lot of SF in general. There are plenty of events, including parties, walking tours, etc and it was easy to make new friends to later party with! Great experience overall! I recommend this place!

• 25th Dec 2015

The staff working were so nice and enjoyable to be around - I hung out with them a few times and they are great people. Facilities were clean and housekeeping came daily. Bunks were cozy and allowed some privacy with personal outlet and light. Lockets fit my 60 liter travel backpack plus a little more room. Kitchen and basement were great too. Definitely recommend to anyone!

• 25th Dec 2015

Hostel was great! Really clean and in a great area. The staff were amazing, really helpful and accommodating.

Good hostel and a very convenient location. Very close to union square and lots of eateries around. Nice people managing the place. Very friendly. Neat and clean. Went for a free walking tour which was fantastic. Brendon was great. Breakfast was nice. Only thing was Common area was noisy even though it says quiet after 11pm. Was noisy till 3:30 AM. Probably due to festive season and everyone celebrating.

View all San Francisco Hostels