USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

I felt really safe here. The beds were comfortable and the rooms and halls were very clean. Great hostel!

• 27th Dec 2014

I liked the kitchen, amazing theater, smallish library, but the staff, as always, were: fun, friendly, helpful, courteous and kind. Breakfasts are always fun and the best place to meet people and have good conversations. Thank you Hostel!!

• 27th Dec 2014

You need to tell people the same time to come back for check in. I came in a little later as suggested and all of the lower bunks were gone. Impresed with the Free Drinks Saturday. Not so much with the breakfast and the setup for dishwashing. Can get pretty crowded around the sinks and the sponges got pretty gross after a while.

Awesome. Place Had absolutely everything you could think of. Good social areas, lockers, power popoints, activities etc

Some of the staff looked like they were forced to work

• 22nd Dec 2014

location is good, walking distance to union square, actually I've walked to there every morning. breakfast is simple but enough. if its bit late, there was not enough seats and I had to eat at sofa though. the panel was good to at least I could turn on my own little light. but if there's curtain at bed it'd be so much better I booked 4nights out of 7 nights in sf but stayed 3nights and moved to other hotel just becoz..maybe I'm not hostel type;;

• 21st Dec 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel is located right in the downtown San Francisco which makes it a great place to stay while staying close to all the action. Most of the places are walkable from the hostel like Market street, ferry building, AT&T Park etc etc. The hostel basement has a good atmosphere for party people and they offer tons of free activities and events every other day. This place is really fun to stay!! Thanks for such a fantastic stay!

Very enjoyable stay apart from the guy snoring on the bunk below me all night.

• 21st Dec 2014

There are some sh**** smells in the halls. But I guess is the location in the center of SFO which is actually a little bit sh***tty

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

It misses a bar. Only this

Awesome hostel! Had a blast going out with the staff, however a bit gutted that my phone was stolen at the bar we went to :( Other than that this place was wonderful for showing you a good time in San Fran!

• 17th Dec 2014

no big issues actually

Staying in a hostel is mostly fun but staying in a good hostel is just awesome. I stayed in USA hostels in San Fransisco for a week and I already miss it! It was Christmas time and all the rooms were sold out. I love meeting new people and I met people from all around the world which I think made my trip unforgettable. I totally recommend staying at USA hostels to everyone!

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Iran

I loved the common area downstairs and the friendly vibe of the hostel.

• 16th Dec 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were well set-up with lots of charging points and lockers in the room. Love that breakfast was included as well. All around a very good place to stay and good value for money.

Good hostel and strict security. Really clean and tidy. Nice common areas and very well equipped kitchen. The only problem I had was that breakfast was all mainly bread based. There were oat sachets (the full of sugar kind) but no real milk to put on it or in a cup of tea. Not much fruit either. There is generally cereal at most hostels.

This hostel reminded me of the places I stayed at while in Europe, which I didn't expect to find in North America. The staff were friendly, the common areas were well-equipped and it's located a short walk from plenty of things to do. My only complaint (and it's a very minor one) is that the dorm I stayed in wasn't as nice as the rest of the hostel, which was particularly noticeable because of how nice the common spaces are. Not a deal-breaker, though, I'd definitely stay again!

Awesome kitchen! Really cool bar area! Really friendly staff. Good location. Im 6'7 " and fit in the beds fine too. Highly recommend.

Great facilities, friendly atmosphere, helpful staff and awesome breakfast. Only down sides were that street facing room was very noisy and rooms were heated a little too much so became stuffy.

Great location just a 5 minute walk from Union Square, a clean and well equipped kitchen, friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast. Had an amazing stay here!

View all San Francisco Hostels