USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Great location! The staff was very friendly, and the at atmosphere was great:)

One of the top 3 hostels I've ever stayed at! I only ever stay hostels, and I've stayed at ALOT and this easily one of the best ones I've ever stayed at! I keep comparing hostels and nothing will be as good as this! So clean, cleanest rooms, bathrooms, kitchen, hallways, everything! wifi works great, staff are super friendly, best kitchen, location is on point. Can't recommend this hostel more.

By far the best presented and furnished hostel I stayed in on my entire trip. There was a great atmosphere here with a large common room, free pool table, cinema and kitchen to hang out in. The location is very central and access to public transport is easy, great staff too. Parking is a nightmare verywhere in San Franciso but this hostel offers a discounted rate with a nearby parking lot, which was very reasonable compared to some of the prices I saw at other places. Recommended highly!

We loved this hostel as a clean and well facilitated place. It was everything we expected of a well run, larger hostel chain. It was very clean and had great facilities, such as the movie room, games room and huge laundry room. Our only negative would be that it was almost too clinical. The staff didn't feel part of or passionate about the hostel, they felt as out of place as the guests, and made little effort to make people feel welcome or at ease.

Thanks for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall, but are disappointed you did not find our staff friendly. We usually get really positive comments about the staff, but we'll look into your comments as we don't want any guests not to feel welcome. We do hope you'll come back again.

Clean, gigantic, full of friendly people, good breakfast, convenient location, professionally run, great tours. Would recommend, and would stay there again.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Thanks for the great review! Much appreciated.

Very unsafe feeling and prices were rather high for what you get.

• 1st Jul 2015

Everything has great but the price is very expensive. Then again San Fran is expensive itself. Good atmosphere and lots of activities. Staff are great and very helpful.

Noisy! Noise from the road and noise from drunk guests.

• 30th Jun 2015

It's definitely worth spending the extra few dollars a night compared to the rest of the SF Hostels. The events they organize are really well done, the hostel is always clean and the free breakfast is good too. Everyone is super nice and friendly at the help desk! Loved the Bike Tour! Just ignore the area the hostel is located in.

Good location. 5 minutes walk to the nearest BIG Bus Hop on stop. Very noisy. At night a lot of thumping and banging till 2am and someone arrives at 7am every morning and makes a noise like a barrow of bricks being dumped down the stairs.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I had a great time at this hostel. It was in a good location and easy to get around everywhere by walking or public transport (just avoid the tenderloin area!). The staff were so helpful and they put on activities every day and night, which were great for meeting new people. Free breakfast and fantastic wifi! Perfect for solo travellers. Would highly recommend!

Great hostel although super expensive. Location is prime. I would stay there again.

It's pricey for what you get and the area isn't ideal.

The private rooms have shared bath; the fridge in the private rooms makes this option better than many of the upscale hotels nearby. This hostel attracts a younger crowd, skewing toward their 20's. Many social opportunities for guests to mingle and to find cheap entertainment: karaoke night; game night; wine and cheese; free drinks. The breakfast is simple: toast, fruit, coffee, tea, juice. Full kitchen available for cooking and storing food. It's a drought--turn off water while washing dishes!

Enjoyed it here, although I had to use my time recovering from Las Vegas. There were a few activities organised, and everyone there was pretty social. The beds were cool with the personal light and power point, made things easier. But it's in the tenderloin district, which is probably the dodgiest part of SF. Just be mindful of that when walking around, I didn't see too much trouble though.

Once I stepped into the hostel, I felt like home and safe.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Thailand

staff was amazing please keep on your employe policy as it is,

Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. There was staff around all day cleaning so any yuckiness is due to fellow travelers. Great location and I felt very safe - important since I'm a female on my own. Luggage was very secure when stored before/after check-in/out. Lockers in bedrooms - awesome and I didn't have a lock so just buy it from reception. :) nice rooms and beds with power point, usb and bedside light. If I get to come back to San Fran - I'll definitely stay here again. :)

Very good hostel! I especially appreciated the activities organised by the staff for us: pub crawl, walking tour done by Brendan! I will definitely recommend that hostel! The only negative point: No milk for breakfast!

• 21st Jun 2015

NEVER and NAVER ask reception for help...they always make me feel that i made a big mistake. If you visit the new york city post office you should get the same feeling. They are boss! Poor room & expensive cost..

View all San Francisco Hostels