USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Good location ~ Safe~~Clean~worth the price! However, the staff didn't tell me there's a kitchen in the basement and it provides free breakfast during my check-in, so I miss the breadfast on the first morning. That's the only thing I can complain.

I was impressed by all the activities and facilities hosted by the hostel. I would definitely stay here again. Only negative point was that the pub crawl could have been better. The leader brought us to the bars and then I didn't see her again until it was time to go to the next bar. She could have been more engaging with everyone to make the experience more fun.

• 23rd Sep 2014

I stayed there for five nights and had great times in San Francisco. In the Hostel they have free activities for the guests every day, the common room is a great place to met new people while you play for free in the pool table or the foosball table. It's very well located, you can go walking to the union square and chinatown, its easy to get to the cable car and other transportations, just avoid the "tenderloin". I would recommend and for sure would stay here again.

The best hostel I have stayed. The staff is sincerelly friendly and helpfull (Natalie did a walking tour that was one of the highlights of my trip) there are plenty activities, everything is organised and clean, they have tablets with internet, washing and drying machines, good showers, elevator a place to store your big suitcases. And lots of advice about places to visit, to eat and how to get there. Breakfast was also good. Nice athmosphere cool people from all around the word and all ages...

very nice hostel! facilities are nice and clean, good wifi signal in the room, alright breakfast, nice staff, good location! what bothered me though were those old elevators you had to open manually, there was a door outside and a grille which took quite an effort tu push back which annoyed me but apart from that i've got nothing to complain about, totally recommendable!

We had a very nice experience in the hostel. It's a nice hostel, very well-equipped. The first room we got had a VERY stuffy smell to it, which was really disappointing - so the next day they moved us to a different room, that didn't have that smell. Other than that issue, everything else was great.

Neighborhood is scary towards market street. I don't recommended friends to stay here.

Great staff who are very friendly and helpful - we were a group of four and they managed to get us a room together for our stay. Lovely atmosphere with other travellers and good breakfast selection!

• 19th Sep 2014

Excellent staff and great breakfast. I was a little dissapointed that the bathroom wasn't cleaned one day.

The pubcrawl and free walking tour was nice. The dorms are OK but a bit too hot inside (no AC)

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

A great spot to stay that was very central. The hostel provided a great breakfast in the mornings and the rooms and facilities were very clean.

• 15th Sep 2014

We had a great time at USA hostel san francisco. A lot of activity organized every day, staff very kind, helpfull and efficient. Atmosphere friendly and a good breakfast! Also good position, 10 min walk fron union square.

• 14th Sep 2014

Brian one of the receptionist made my stay much more pleasurable. He knew all about what to do downtown and really knew his way around. He was clearly knowledgeable and cared about making my stay a good one ;)

• 14th Sep 2014

This hostel was brilliant! There was so much going on and they had information on absolutely everything you could think of - I thought the individual directions to various landmarks and areas of the city were an excellant idea, so user friendly for a newbie to San Francisco. The rooms were really comfortable, loved the small bit of extra privacy that the bunks provided. Only downside, a slight smell of urine in corridors - not sure if they were having plumbing issues, but it didnt affect my stay

Hostel was not bad, it was nothing to write home about but was an affordable option in a very expensive city. Basic facilities that were usually clean. Some staff were unfriendly and unhelpful at times. On the plus side it had good wifi access, including in the rooms.

All staff members were helpful. Everything was clear, comfortable, and great. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Cleaning staff was awesome also.

The towels seem only to have been dried off and not completely washed; they smell. Some of the rooms are a bit stuffy but that is due to the lack of air ventilation in the rooms. Yes, there are windows, but still. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there very much! The atmosphere and the people were great. Breakfast can be improved.

Female traveller, travelling alone. Location is good near train station and easy to get to from the airport, however does boarder a bit of a rough area. Staff were friendly enough, however one member laughed at me when I asked her about storing my luggage on my check out day, wasn't very professional. Dorms were lovely, had a lot of space and swipe key for the door. Cool at night and each bed had a locker, shelf and plug socket.

Awesome place, great atmosphere and the Movie theater is a bonus if you just want to chill. Take a walk with Natalie around the city and get some knowledge. I'd stay here again, but avoid the Tenderloin if you are checking in at night.

Great hostel, nice room, 7 minutes away (walking)from the Union Square, free breakfast. I did enjoy my stay and the free walking tour with Brian, although the price is a bit high but that's how it is in San Francisco.

View all San Francisco Hostels