USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Amazing hostel! Good service and facilities. Very clean and comfortable. Amazing location, so close to Union Square (5mins walking). For very reasonable price.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Spain

My only major complaint is that I wasn't given a tour of the facilities when I arrived. I didn't even know there was a theater until the night before I left! Otherwise, nice place. Oh and there was no hot water when I arrived, but they can't be blamed for that

• 14th Dec 2015

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad you liked your stay overall with us and regret you found us lacking in not touring you through the facility. We'll talk with staff about being more thorough in their guest check in, but unfortunately with 6 floors and being a half a block long, it would be very difficult to take all guests on a building tour. We hoped that our signage in each elevator bay and at the end of the first floor would be helpful, but we'll look at that again as well. We are always open to improvement! Happy Travels.

Loved the location it was so easy to get everwhere. They had organised activities and pub crawls which were a lot of fun. The common areas are really good for having dinner and drinking, so easy to meet people. Only bad thing was that there was no hot water one day and not much apology given for the fact i had to wash my hair in ice cold water.

We're very sorry about the hot water issue. Unfortunately a breakdown occurred and we fixed it as soon as we could. But we're glad you liked the hostel overall and hope you have good memories of your time in San Francisco.

Great location and rooms, with great facilities for charging your electronic items. Staff were friendly and helpful. A good number of events we're arranged. I don't know what they were like, as I had already arranged my own activities for my stay.

I absolutely love this hostel! I stayed back in 2011, and now again in 2015. Very clean, comfortable beds, and great staff. Plenty of activities for those wanting to check out San Francisco. Great location - few blocks from union square, but most importantly, not in the tenderloin (like many other hostels!). Would highly recommend

We always love to hear that we have repeat guests, especially ones that are still happy with the facilities! thanks!

It was a best place to stay with as a first time traveling alone person. Loved the behavior of staff and the cleanliness . Only problem was to locate the hostel at first .

• 11th Dec 2015
  • India

We love it when solo travelers enjoy themselves with us. Thank you for the compliments. And we'll take a look at our confirmation letter to see if we can make the directions to the hostel better. Cheers.

I really liked my stay here - I met some cool people and felt super welcome. My room smelt a little damp (maybe because of location) but apart from that, everything was good.

• 4th Dec 2015

Very nice staff, awesome facilities, secure rooms, comfy beds!

• 4th Dec 2015

Great location its easy to get around san francisco by bus from the hostel. 4 bed dorm was very cramped when full but they have lockers to store valuables which is good. The showers are terrible. They put on a nice free breakfast in the mornings. It is Harder to meet people in bigger hostels like this. People mostly kept to their own groups or themselves and werent very friendly but that cant be controlled by the hostel obviously.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here! It's location is awesome and all of the activities are great too. The staff were very helpful and helped out whenever needed. Highly recommend the walking tour with Brendan and the nights out on the town with Harry and Mike. Thanks heaps guys for making my first trip to San Fran so great!

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Michael did the best cycling tour over the Golden Gate Bridge. This was the highlight of San Fran for me. This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. All the staff are incredibly friendly. Thanks Michael, Luis and all the others for such an amazing time in San Fran.

The hot water was spotty at times, leading to showers that would range from boiling hot to freezing cold in the period of one minute. There were limited bath facilities on the ground floor, leading to near disastrous consequences when I needed to use the restroom. The bathrooms were poorly kept anytime after 3:00 p.m.

• 29th Nov 2015

Great staff excellent location.

This is the second USA Hostel I've stayed at (the other being Hollywood) and they've both been really great. The only thing I would say is that Hollywood seemed more friendly, the people in SF seemed a lot more cliquey. That said I met some really great people on the walking tour/in my dorm and the hostel was great in every other aspect. Also ask the staff at the front for discounts if you're planning on doing an activity. You should be able to get a cheaper price through the hostel.

Very clean with excellent facilities especially all that are in the basement. Staff especially the ones in the kitchen during breakfast were pretty unhelpful & kind of rude I felt. There was a group of Italian girls working that were more interested in hanging out/standing in the dining area laughing loudly with friends than helping guests. Why am I paying $125.00 a night to wash my own dishes while the staff socializes? This & the unsafe area near the Tenderloin made our stay seem overpriced

Location ok , ten min walk to Bart station which is very central area. Staff are helpful and the breakfast included pancake which is so surprising. one impt point is there is an elevator going upstairs with ur heavy luggage.Thx god!

Great location. Friendly staff. I stored my bags there before check in and the next day after I had checked out. No problems.

This hostel is a little bit pricey (even for the SF area) but the staff and the atmosphere make it worth it (:

My favourite hostel in the world! Friendly and knowledgable staff, great location for day trips that the hostel organises, good security with charge points In lockers, nice communal rooms, laundry and reading room, everything you could want in a home from home

Amazing hostel. Probably the best I have ever stayed in (and that's out of a lot!). Perfect location, can walk easily to union square or the ferry building. Very clean. And the activities are a great way to meet people & organise things to do together. Wifi is awesome which is what you want. Definitely coming back!!

View all San Francisco Hostels