USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Great hostel! Everyone is very friendly, the staff and the patrons! Great activities both day and night! My tour guide on Saturday, 5 July, was awesome! He was very knowledgeable and you could tell he enjoys his job! Thanks!

• 4th Jul 2014

Great hostel average location. Friendly staff and great facilities however they use the word 'tour' very loosely. I went on both the walking and cycle tour and neither were very informative, but can't complain too much as they were free.

I stayed here for two nights and it was such a perfect spot to explore the city and make the most out of a very short stay. Breakfast was basic but plentiful and there were lots of activities and common areas to meet fellow travellers. I'd return on my next visit and would recommend to anyone considering!

Excelent!

Very good hostel. I had a nice, quiet four bed dorm at the back of the property away from the road noise. The price was heaps more than other hostels around the world I have been in, but it's SF and all accommodation is clearly expensive! I would definitely stay here again, close to everything, helpful and friendly staff and it was nice to have fresh fruit included in the breakfast. I would recommend the walking tour they do. Washing facilities were great and not expensive.

A great hostel in a good location, however some parts are a little dodgy late at night. The walking tour was really fun and we met plenty of interesting people. Great facilities and very friendly. Thanks!

We chose to stay at this hostel because of the raving reviews and awards they have won. Upon arrival they mucked up our reservation despite booking in advance, they were rude and made us feel like it was our fault despite their mistakes. It was extremely which made it difficult to sleep, and the room was really hot and stuff despite the fact that it was cold outside. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014

Staff were helpful and friendly.

• 28th Jun 2014

very much enjoyed my stay and will book rooms here again in the future !!!

• 27th Jun 2014

Absolutely wonderful! I am unable to choose something that could be added to make it any better, great value for money! If you're a lone traveller the social events are great to get socialising! Would definitely go back!

• 25th Jun 2014

This hostel was amazing, from the moment we checked in everything went smooth and was clean. We partook in the free walking tour which was incredible. They had events every night, a cheap airport shuttle and had directions & suggestions galore. The only downside was we couldn't stay there our whole 7 nights in San Francisco due to it being booked out! If we are ever back in the area, we will be staying here for sure!

thanks for all!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Russia

we really liked the bed pods with the lights and shelves- so comfy. pancake breakfast was a fantastic idea.

Very clean and modern environment, and a lot of space to meet people. It was great that they had a pool table, yoga room, and a nice big kitchen, though we did not end up using them.

• 18th Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've been to! Super modern, great free breakfast, fun activities (like free walking tour and pub crawl) and really friendly staff. The rooms were clean and with outlets and lamps at each bed. Location right at Union Sq which was perfect. Couldn't ask for more- would highly recommend it for anyone!

Clean, good security and staff, free ear plugs, could have a little better breakfast, but overall, very good. Would stay there again.

• 17th Jun 2014

Good hostel, but don't walk there from Civit Center BART station, take the next one. The area south of the hostel seems quite dangerous. Other than that, nice staff, free breakfast, free and fast wifi, quiet at night, close to the city.

Nice hostel and was nice to have bunk bed with some privacy around them fitted with lights and electrical sockets.

Quite expensive, but worth it for the accommodation you receive :)

• 13th Jun 2014

I would stay at this hostel again, my only complaint is that the wifi wasn't always the best in the rooms. Sometimes you got a good enough connection and other times, you couldn't do anything. The place was clean, staff helpful and a short walk from Union Square so centrally located.

View all San Francisco Hostels