USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

This is a very clean and modern hostel with excellent facilities. Though this was expected as it's very expensive. Each bed has a light and a socket, and the lockers have sockets, too. It felt safe (you have to show your key card when you enter) despite being next to Tenderloin (a bit of a dodgy area, apparently). I couldn't hear any noise from the street during the night. There are lots of ideas for things to see in San Francisco throughout the hostel, and the staff can give you ideas, too.

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Huge hostel but very clean!

Clean rooms and bathrooms, great breakfasts, excellent wifi connection.

• 16th Nov 2015

Great staff.

I wrote a review because of a bad experience. I wanted to follow up to let others to know that Ryan, the manager, contacted me to address my concerns and to tell me what steps had been taken to ensure the room was up to par. In a nutshell, He'd no idea that this room had a foul odor and ensured me that it had been steam cleaned immediately after my complaint. Evidently the lack of hot water ( this room is a private with it's own bathroom) was also a brand new problem and that too was fixed.

Excellent location, very clean, a great hostel.... but whats with the 3rd floor corridor smelling terrible? Every day it smelt bad & I wasnt the only one who noticed and commented on this.... very strange!

Fantastic say - the people were super friendly and the facilities were fantastic!

Lovely hostel, friendly and welcoming. The bike tour was excellent, and our tour guide (Pypa) was very enthusiastic throughout.

• 11th Nov 2015

The staff are great, polite and friendly. Sammy and many others have been of great help. There's a guy with spectacles in the kitchen that is ever so friendly to provide me with something to eat when there's nothing left or when it's too early in the morning. I like the place a lot however it was not a comfortable rest. The bed creeks when the person above moves and the lockers are a huge disturbance to anyone's sleep. Hope that there will be changes to that soon.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Singapore

The walking tour was really nice but it would have even better if you mixed the routes so that you would at least one tour a week which didn't follow the same Union Square-Chinatown-North Beach and Telegraph Hill.

This place is located in a terrible part of town, parolees and general dodgy types roam the adjacent streets and I was unable to sleep after 8am thanks to music blaring from the dining area below. Cut my stay short and decided to stay in a much nicer part of town where the noise was also not an issue. Staff were good enough to refund one night's accommodation though, which I appreciated

• 7th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

It's friendly and clean, but unfortunately not enough showers for the amount of people - expect to wait.

Best hostel I have stayed at so far!

I had a really enjoyable stay here. Even when I forgot which day of the week it was, and tried to check out early (the staff realized I may have been a day off, and never 'actually' checked me out to save me some grief!). I didn't do much socializing but my roommates were nice and respectful. Overall a really good choice.

Thanks so very much! We really enjoyed our stay. :)

• 5th Nov 2015

Overpriced and hot water was non-existent one of the days of our stay.

• 5th Nov 2015

Really great location with lots of activities and helpful staff, I'll be back soon!

Deserves all the praise it gets. Well run with friendly staff, great atmosphere, and an unbeatable location.

Very helpful staff, cool activities organised by the hostel, well equipped rooms with private power sockets, lockers, power sockets in your locker, and reading lights.

Always my first choice to stay in San Fran! Great hostel, convenience store across the road, good atmosphere and a very large common room. Suitable if you want to have a quiet time in San Fran or if you want to party.

View all San Francisco Hostels