USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Best hostel I've been to so far. Basically, do yourself a favor and stay here.

Really clean and central hostel. The staff are really friendly and know the city very well, making it incredibly easy to work out what there is to do each day! They have this cool travel board which shows you the 'must do' things in San Francisco, which is an incredibly great idea in a city where there is so much to see!

We only stayed one night, hostel was nice to stay. Very close to union square. There is a market across the street. Only down thing is we drove there at night time and 3 blocks away was a bit shady area and we kinda felt intimidated. Also reception can give more information about the city when you check-in ( maybe it's because we checked-in at 11pm)

We had a wonderful time in this hostel, great staff & great atmosphere!

Excellent all around -- clean, friendly and helpful staff, great location just 10 mins walk from Market Street, reliable and fast wifi (amazingly hard to find in San Francisco! nearest convenient coffee shop open late with good wifi that I found was the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf near Market & 4th), power outlets at your bunk, reasonably priced.

Everything ok. Nice hostel. The staff could be friendlier.

I will have no doubts in coming back if needing to visit the Bay area again.

This hostel was great! It was a little expensive but it did include a substantial breakfast (pancakes you can make, bread/toast, fruit, juice, tea & coffee). The rooms and bunk beds were really comfy & well designed. The bathrooms were always clean and plenty of them around. The staff were friendly and there was a good atmosphere in the common areas. Free wifi and use of ipads, as well as vending machines. Really enjoyed my stay!!

I was extremely happy with my stay here. The facilities were great and very logically laid out. In the rooms, there was sufficient space, and each bed had a privacy divider as well as a light and outlet. The staff was also very friendly and helpful, and the hostel was in a great location-- just blocks away from Union Square.

The Location is very good, close to market street and Union square. Staff is friendly and helpful and the bathrooms were always clean.

Despite a nice staff, if you book via hostelworld you will have a little surprise at the front desk when you arrive (the website says that taxes are included in the price...they are not....)

Thank you for the compliment about the staff. We regret that you were unaware of the added taxes, but it does state on the hostelworld site in three locations that prices listed are without taxes. Unfortunately the confirmation from hostelworld does not state this and misleads guests. We've asked them repeatedly to make it clear that prices are without taxes, but they seem unwilling to make this more clear. We hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Very good hostel EVEN if my room had a bad smell and it was very difficult to ventillate.

Thanks for the kind words despite the 'aroma' issue. We'll contact you separately to see if we can pinpoint the problem.

Breakfast could be a little more robust. The area can be a little sketchy because of the massive amount of homeless people but I guess that's downtown San Francisco? The hostel offers many things for the visitor to do which I thought was neat.

Great facilities. Some staffs are great. Some are not so. The price is a bit expensive for hostel but is certainly good value for money.

This is what more hostels should aim to be. The facilities are good, the bathrooms re plentiful and most importantly, the staff are helpful and lovely. I'd highly recommend this place!

This hostel was amazing and more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff was amazing and I was incredibly lucky to have such nice roommates as well. There are a number of homeless people in the area but that will happen in any city in the United States. You are in no way in danger. I would definitely go back to this hostel again. There are a ton of perks and for what you pay it's a great deal!

Best hostel i have ever stayed. Really nice stuff, clean hostel with an awsome kitchen and a lot of rooms to hang out. It's also the perfect place to meet new people. The hostel does also really cool events every day. An other point is the huge and delicous breakfast.

Awesome staff, and VERY clean. Very good value!

Great place to stay, central San Fran within walking distance of everything. One comment however - room 106 is too hot to sleep in at night! It has two fans, but they do not reach the people in the room. It requires a proper wall fan. I ended up sleeping in the movie room a couple of nights because it was too hot in the room.

oh my. we are really sorry you found the room too hot...we would have been happy to change your room if another bed was available. We will look into this issue immediately. thank you for the great scores despite this. Happy Travels to you.

Not enough silver ware Kitchen closes at 11pm Breakfast is very crowded plus all fruits are cut in half

View all San Francisco Hostels