USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

The private rooms have shared bath; the fridge in the private rooms makes this option better than many of the upscale hotels nearby. This hostel attracts a younger crowd, skewing toward their 20's. Many social opportunities for guests to mingle and to find cheap entertainment: karaoke night; game night; wine and cheese; free drinks. The breakfast is simple: toast, fruit, coffee, tea, juice. Full kitchen available for cooking and storing food. It's a drought--turn off water while washing dishes!

Enjoyed it here, although I had to use my time recovering from Las Vegas. There were a few activities organised, and everyone there was pretty social. The beds were cool with the personal light and power point, made things easier. But it's in the tenderloin district, which is probably the dodgiest part of SF. Just be mindful of that when walking around, I didn't see too much trouble though.

Once I stepped into the hostel, I felt like home and safe.

staff was amazing please keep on your employe policy as it is,

Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. There was staff around all day cleaning so any yuckiness is due to fellow travelers. Great location and I felt very safe - important since I'm a female on my own. Luggage was very secure when stored before/after check-in/out. Lockers in bedrooms - awesome and I didn't have a lock so just buy it from reception. :) nice rooms and beds with power point, usb and bedside light. If I get to come back to San Fran - I'll definitely stay here again. :)

Very good hostel! I especially appreciated the activities organised by the staff for us: pub crawl, walking tour done by Brendan! I will definitely recommend that hostel! The only negative point: No milk for breakfast!

• 21st Jun 2015

NEVER and NAVER ask reception for help...they always make me feel that i made a big mistake. If you visit the new york city post office you should get the same feeling. They are boss! Poor room & expensive cost..

Loved the daily/nightly activities and how close it was to a lot of things! Walking tour was BY FAR my favorite. Also loved the wine tour hook up!! Would definitely recommend this hostel to friends looking for a cheap and fun stay in San Francisco.

• 20th Jun 2015

I had a great stay here during my time in San Francisco. The staff was very friendly and helpful! Great location! Always clean! Give you linens and a towel with your key, and even check your bag in the luggage room for extra security if you're checking in/out. The hostel always has fun activities going on for the guests, like wine tours, biking across golden gate, etc. Free walking tour which was offered every few days was super awesome! Brendan was a really fun tour guide and super welcoming!

Good but expensive

• 20th Jun 2015

We loved to have pancakes for breakfast!! Thanks for the activities (guided walking tour, gospel). It's clean and it makes the hostel very pleasant. Thé staff is friendly, smily and helpful. Thanks for this great moment

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel. All the facilities you need such as laundry and a great kitchen. Breakfast is included in the price and includes good selection of breads/cereals and also pancakes. Really good location close to the subway. Comfortable and clean rooms. This is the hostel to stay at if you're visiting San Francisco.

This hostel is also a student residence, so there are also people staying longer in the hostel

It's an expensive hostel in general(expecially for the single room - spend 2 nights single/ 4 shared), but it's accetable for SF.The hostel is walking distance from Union Square, wich is good!The breakfast it's free and not so great, biut there is a coffe shop right across that is awesome.The shared room offers a private light and dock and its ok! But my sheets and pillow weren't clean. The shared "happy hour" area instead is really cool and everynight they have something planned! I'd come bk

• 17th Jun 2015

A great stay, good structure and nice people, very clean hostel. A little pricey though.

All the staff were really nice, and they are willing to help. They hold a lot of activities that everyone could get along with each other. I would like to come back here and stay for another vacation if I go to SF again🙌

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

I stayed in a private bedroom, and it was exceeding my expectations. I've stayed in few hostels before, but the experience in this hostel was the best one. I salute the staff's commitment to keep the cleanliness, comfort, and security as priority. The location is right in downtown SF, only 5 minute walk to the Union Square. It is very easy to access by Bart. They offer many free activities and other tourist info. Very much recommended!

Was a really nice and clean hostel. The hallways smell funky but that's all. Love the theatre room and hang out space.

• 13th Jun 2015

Really good hostel! Excellent price/quality ratio. The staff is very nice and always willing to help their guests! The location is convenient and the facilities met my expectations.

Hardly a hostel, this place was suave! I've stayed in actual hotels that weren't a patch on this place. Daily and nightly activities were on offer and the staff were super friendly and helpful.

View all San Francisco Hostels