USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Nice, clean, good value for money. Would stay here again.

I had a great stay. Would definitely stay again if I ever go to SF!

The hostel rooms themselves are nothing extraordinary, but the amenities are amazing! There is a movie theatre, small gym (with kettle bells, a few small weights, foam rollers, yoga matts etc.), laundry, a lounge and a great bar area with pool and foosball. The staff were amazingly helpful and the location does border the "tenderloin" but as long as you know where to avoid you are totally fine!!

Really excellent in all aspects. Cannot recommend highly enough and I am a mature Grannie backpacking around the world.

excellent, very clean just like last time i stayed! great hostel! would stay again!

This was an awesome hostel, in the heart of SF action and featuring a full range of amenities. I met some fun people, though a natural vibe was lacking at times in the social areas. The beds were very comfortable and I enjoyed my shower! Best kitchen of any hostel I've stayed at. A little expensive - 4-5x more than comparable places I've stayed on my trip, though it is also one of the best hostels I've ever visited. Would stay here again.

it's a good hostel, but too far from bart station

• 25th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Really good hostel. Some very nice touches like plugs in the lockers so u can charge ipod or phone and not worry about it. Only down side the room i had was quite near the common room so would hear the pool table or music quite often. Apart from that its very good. And i would stay again.

No a.c .... Just a fan ... It was so stuffy and hot

Good location ~ Safe~~Clean~worth the price! However, the staff didn't tell me there's a kitchen in the basement and it provides free breakfast during my check-in, so I miss the breadfast on the first morning. That's the only thing I can complain.

I was impressed by all the activities and facilities hosted by the hostel. I would definitely stay here again. Only negative point was that the pub crawl could have been better. The leader brought us to the bars and then I didn't see her again until it was time to go to the next bar. She could have been more engaging with everyone to make the experience more fun.

• 23rd Sep 2014

I stayed there for five nights and had great times in San Francisco. In the Hostel they have free activities for the guests every day, the common room is a great place to met new people while you play for free in the pool table or the foosball table. It's very well located, you can go walking to the union square and chinatown, its easy to get to the cable car and other transportations, just avoid the "tenderloin". I would recommend and for sure would stay here again.

The best hostel I have stayed. The staff is sincerelly friendly and helpfull (Natalie did a walking tour that was one of the highlights of my trip) there are plenty activities, everything is organised and clean, they have tablets with internet, washing and drying machines, good showers, elevator a place to store your big suitcases. And lots of advice about places to visit, to eat and how to get there. Breakfast was also good. Nice athmosphere cool people from all around the word and all ages...

very nice hostel! facilities are nice and clean, good wifi signal in the room, alright breakfast, nice staff, good location! what bothered me though were those old elevators you had to open manually, there was a door outside and a grille which took quite an effort tu push back which annoyed me but apart from that i've got nothing to complain about, totally recommendable!

We had a very nice experience in the hostel. It's a nice hostel, very well-equipped. The first room we got had a VERY stuffy smell to it, which was really disappointing - so the next day they moved us to a different room, that didn't have that smell. Other than that issue, everything else was great.

Neighborhood is scary towards market street. I don't recommended friends to stay here.

The rooms were very clean and spacious enough. The social events were alright, we had fun on the free alcohol night. Security was excellent, you always had to show your room card when entering. Breakfast was decent, although the bagels were a bit sad.

Great staff who are very friendly and helpful - we were a group of four and they managed to get us a room together for our stay. Lovely atmosphere with other travellers and good breakfast selection!

• 19th Sep 2014

Excellent staff and great breakfast. I was a little dissapointed that the bathroom wasn't cleaned one day.

The pubcrawl and free walking tour was nice. The dorms are OK but a bit too hot inside (no AC)

• 16th Sep 2014