USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Female traveller, travelling alone. Location is good near train station and easy to get to from the airport, however does boarder a bit of a rough area. Staff were friendly enough, however one member laughed at me when I asked her about storing my luggage on my check out day, wasn't very professional. Dorms were lovely, had a lot of space and swipe key for the door. Cool at night and each bed had a locker, shelf and plug socket.

Awesome place, great atmosphere and the Movie theater is a bonus if you just want to chill. Take a walk with Natalie around the city and get some knowledge. I'd stay here again, but avoid the Tenderloin if you are checking in at night.

Great hostel, nice room, 7 minutes away (walking)from the Union Square, free breakfast. I did enjoy my stay and the free walking tour with Brian, although the price is a bit high but that's how it is in San Francisco.

Staff are very welcoming and helpful. Good shower and toilets. Easy to meet people. I know youre not going to get any cheaper but paying 70us for the tenderloin come on, at least throw a free keg in the lobby every second night.

Great Hostel to stay in, not far from the cable cars and sea front. Loved my time here, met some really nice people too.

Great place to stay with really modern, clean feel. The staff are friendly and helpful and I had no problem meeting people in my spacious 4-bed dorm. Had no problems storing food away in the fridges on offer and doing laundry, this hostel has an abundance of facilities. In terms of location you are only a few blocks away (5min walk) from Union Square which is pretty much the city center of SF and your within walking distance of some great places to eat.

Great accommodations. Great people. Great location.

• 28th Aug 2014

Love this hostel, the breakfast is amazing there's heaps to choose from and the theatre room is awesome! Friendly and helpful staff, good location - easy to get places and has a grocery store and heaps of food places nearby, don't have anything bad to say!

One of the best hostel that I stayed all around the world. Great staff, good structure, lots of activities to do. The only bad thing is the (not good) neighborhood. But this issue may not be problem if you have some care. Definitely I recommend this place.

Nice hostel, good location. They offer a lot of activities- pub crawl, walking tours,karaoke. The staff is nice and helpful. Breakfast is included, you can even make pancakes if you don't mind the state of the kitchen (really needs cleaning). We stayed in a private bedroom, en-suite bathroom - great room (TV, fridge) but we some problems with the shower (basically no water pressure at all)... We told the guys at reception, they said s.o. would take care of it - nothing happened.

Brand new everything inside, super clean with powerpoints near beds and very fancy bunk beds. Proper mattresses and very clean ensuite. Awesome kitchen, very hotel-like breakfast options. Bit expensive but you get what you pay for!

located in downtown, good private space even in a hostel, gorgeous designed like by space master

Loved this hostel, it was incredibly clean. To say it was fully booked, it was also really quiet. They provided us with earplugs which I think is an awesome idea as I am a light sleeper, I didn't even need to use them!

Amazing staff!! Great atmosphere! Loved the free drinks nights!!

Enjoyed my stay here, this is one of the better hostels I've stayed in on my travels. The hostel is clean and the staff are friendly, activities are posted on a board in the lobby. Our bathroom was cleaned daily and the location is great in lower nob hill, close to union square. May be best to just put some information up for international travellers about what to do in an earthquake though!

I met great people in USA hostels! If I can go back to SFO, I will choose it again! The location is great as well.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • China

Rooms too small. Not enough bathrooms.

Nothing to add, just perfect, great staff, location, and breakfast!

very good hostel, I enjoyed it.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Israel

This is a great hostel. While the rooms are on the small side, the location & facilities more than make up for it. It's an easy walk into the main part of town. The staff were all very friendly & helpful. It was clean, plenty of bathrooms. The kitchen is like a restaurant kitchen - lots of space. Large eating/social area. Films put on, yoga room. Lockers with plugs in the rooms. Private reading lamps. Good laundry with free powder. Great free breakfast- pancakes, bagel, cream cheese, oats.

View all San Francisco Hostels