USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Great facilities. Some staffs are great. Some are not so. The price is a bit expensive for hostel but is certainly good value for money.

This is what more hostels should aim to be. The facilities are good, the bathrooms re plentiful and most importantly, the staff are helpful and lovely. I'd highly recommend this place!

This hostel was amazing and more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff was amazing and I was incredibly lucky to have such nice roommates as well. There are a number of homeless people in the area but that will happen in any city in the United States. You are in no way in danger. I would definitely go back to this hostel again. There are a ton of perks and for what you pay it's a great deal!

Best hostel i have ever stayed. Really nice stuff, clean hostel with an awsome kitchen and a lot of rooms to hang out. It's also the perfect place to meet new people. The hostel does also really cool events every day. An other point is the huge and delicous breakfast.

Awesome staff, and VERY clean. Very good value!

Great place to stay, central San Fran within walking distance of everything. One comment however - room 106 is too hot to sleep in at night! It has two fans, but they do not reach the people in the room. It requires a proper wall fan. I ended up sleeping in the movie room a couple of nights because it was too hot in the room.

oh my. we are really sorry you found the room too hot...we would have been happy to change your room if another bed was available. We will look into this issue immediately. thank you for the great scores despite this. Happy Travels to you.

Not enough silver ware Kitchen closes at 11pm Breakfast is very crowded plus all fruits are cut in half

It Was really great staying at usa hostel. Staff were very kind. And i've met awesome People. It has a very nice atmosphere. I recommend It 100%. I wish I could have stayed more time!

• 7th May 2014
  • Argentina

Thanks so much for the kind comments!

This hostel would be perfect if it had a terrace or some other place where you can go outside and if it was in one of the more popular places in San Francisco.

We wish we had an outside terrace as well! There is a 'parklet' across the street where guests can get a coffee and hang out, but outdoor space is hard to come by in SF.

By far, one of the best hostels I've stayed in... and that's a lot to say! It's all in the details and "how" they do it. Absolutely recommendable!

We love when guests notice the details. We're all travelers too and try to think about what we'd want in a hostel and then give that to the guests!

Kitchen closes at night

Flawless hostel.

Thanks mate!

Bad smell but part from that what you would expect. Good value for money.

• 4th May 2014

Thanks for your feedback. We'll contact you separately to see if we can pinpoint that smell you mentioned so we can make our hostel sweet smelling once again.

I would have to say this was one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Was very clean and the staff were always very helpful. Great facilities and good location. I'd highly recommend staying

• 4th May 2014

thanks for the thumbs up!

Location is the best about this hostel. Other thinks..not so. Stuff I didn't find helpful at all. Came at 3pm, sheets was still from the previous guest on my bed.

• 4th May 2014

We regret you didn't enjoy your stay with us. As a hostel with a movie theatre, a large lounge and a yoga room along with a large lounge and a library we have tried hard to make our guests comfortable. Guests are supposed to return their sheets at check out, but I guess someone forgot. In a case like that we're happy to strip the bed down when notified.

I had good time there

• 3rd May 2014
  • China

Thanks for your high scores. We're glad you enjoyed your stay.

I have stayed with this hostel chain before in L.A and that's why I chose to stay again in San Fran. The biggest attraction I found is definitely the atmosphere and vibes in the hostel. I love the fact how the hostel makes a noticeable effort to put on fun activities for the guests ranging from rides, walk tours, games and nightclubbing. I also love the cleanliness of all the facilities- that is a big plus for me! The staff are always helpful and smiling, overall a great experience! Thanks :)

• 30th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! A cinema with actual cinema-seats open every night, pancakes for breakfast, iPads available for your use, helpful staff, outlet in locker and in your bed, your bed has it's own light so you can control your own bedtime, and a cover to shield you from any light from the window or another person getting up before you needing to put their face on! Only thing I wish for was that the bed was not creaking, but it is a hostel after all.. :)

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Norway

Excellent hostel. Not the cheapest, but very good quality. Clean, nice, full of common areas and social events, good internet, nice hot water, excellent staff, excellent security. Several good services, including laundry, iron and board, and a wonderful cinema. Ipad available at reception.

Best place, other Hostels should seriously learn from these guys. They haven't spent a ton of money yet they have done an amazing job.

• 27th Apr 2014