USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Great hostel! Rooms were really nice, they organise lots of activities as well which is great! My only Conplaint would be that they cancelled the walking tour because of rain and it was hardly raining!

• 19th Oct 2014

Not the cheapest, but easily the best hostel in San Fran.

Great hostel. Facilities are excellent. Would stay again.

really good free breakfast and a massive kitchen full of all the pots pans and utensils needed for making dinner if you wanted to. lots of good hostel activities planned for each day , i especially enjoyed the bike ride to sausalito over the golden gate bridge

All the staff were super helpful and the place was great (especially the walking tour!) A couple of minor things-the music in the basement room was consistently quite loud if you were looking for somewhere quiet to catch up on your emails and some of the washing machines and dryers and were out of order-meaning only a couple were useable for the whole place

Great clean hostel with awesome facilities - lounge, pool tables, kitchen etc :)

Great place for fair price considering San Francisco standards.

• 12th Oct 2014

Loved this hostel, people and activities. Cleanest hostel Ive ever stayed in and awesome fun

USA Hostels San Francisco is by far one of the best Hostels I have ever stayed in. As a female traveling by myself it was the perfect place to stay as I felt completely safe and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The hostel was really social and all the activities such as free walking tours, pub crawls, movie nights and wine and cheese night made it really easy to meet people and make friends. I had an amazing time here thanks to everyone especially Brendan who took the walking tour.

This hostel is quite expensive fior what it offers. However, I enjoyed the fact that they offer free walking tour of San Francisco, the pink haired girl was excellent and knew a lot about San Francisco. Some of the other staff I dealt with we're not very knowledgable and couldn't recommend any place or give me directions. Some evenings they offer dinner for $5, which is cheap for San Francisco, and the dinner is usually just about eatable. The rooms and the bathroom were actually quite dirty.

Nice... But I booked for two days ... Had to check out on the 2nd day because my conference started early .. No refund for the second day...

• 4th Oct 2014

Good hostel, safe and clean!

• 3rd Oct 2014

the team lost my reservation which was a huge nuissance as we had to check out of our room and into another room in the middle of the stay. also iit was not clear that the deposit was on top of the room charge.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great hostel, it's definitely the best-equipped around - power in the lockers, individual power sockets in the rooms, some rooms even have USB power, cinema and whatnot. My biggest issue was that the name "USA Hostels San Francisco" looks like a made-up name to US border officials when you are entering the country and must disclose your hostel name. I had to use google maps on my phone to prove the hostel is real.

Really great hostel - was the first time I'd stayed at a hostel and it had everything you could want. Breakfast was good and location was really good too.

We stayed at the hostel for two nights. The location was perfect to explore San Francisco as it is only a short walk from Union Square. We had a private double bed ensuite which was small but cosy and had everything we needed. We had a little noise during the night, but I guess that is part of the experience and of staying in the city. All in all, I would recommend to stay here!

This hostel was once my fave in the entire world but my most recent experience was pretty dismal - no sleep at all for 5 nights. Somewhere, in a room under mine, screaming drunk people carried on all night. I reported it every day to reception who made no real attempt to assist me until the 2nd last day when I was desperate & nearly in tears, I tried again - they searched a map of the hostel trying to work out what might be under my room but I was told 'oh that's not possible that its coming fo

Very friendly atmosphere which was great as I was travelling alone. I really liked the amount of lounge space and comfortable chairs so you could sit downstairs and chill out in the evenings.

Nice, clean, good value for money. Would stay here again.

I had a great stay. Would definitely stay again if I ever go to SF!

View all San Francisco Hostels