USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Superb hostel with awesome staff and atmosphere. Would recommend to a friend! Only downside is it's close proximity to the Tenderloin neighbourhood that can be a bit sketchy after dark. But I guess that is just the price you have to pay to be downtown and central.

Overall excellent visit, I liked how they had something every night. Helpful for those traveling alone.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Been here before 2 times. Hostel is great. Biggest issue is beds are way too squeaky.

This hostel is one of the best I have been to. The only problem I had was the lack of air condition but other then that I was awesome! The location was great as well!

Place was really clean and the staff were helpful and pleasant. Would definitely stay again.

• 1st Oct 2015

Very nice and clean hostel and a great, central location.

Terrific front desk staff! The outlet inside the locker is genius.

• 26th Sep 2015

what I most liked was that every day has some activity programmed.

Location is average because there are so many aggressive homeless people in the area and I saw so many homeless people defecating on the street.

A fantastic venue in a fantastic location. Easily one of the best big hostels I have ever stayed in.

The staff is always very friendly! The place is always clean and well maintained. I've stayed here a few times and these are the reasons why I've come back

Excellent hostel!!

I had a wonderful stay, I especially loved all of the free optional activities offered! There was so much information and support provided for travellers and the rooms and facilities were great. Thank you for keeping safe and comfortable during my stay!

• 20th Sep 2015

Good location, good rooms. Glad I stayed there.

• 19th Sep 2015

Fantastic warm ,welcoming and homely.Great!

• 19th Sep 2015

Great hostel. Great breakfast for the money you pay =)

Bed with shields around the top and lights built in design is awesome. Bathroom (in-suite was quite clean) staff was all friendly and helpful.

• 17th Sep 2015

It's great that you liked our privacy pods and our ensuite bathrooms. We hope to see you again.

Great hostel. Bed compartments are amazing. Have chargers and lights within and also in the lockers. Rooms have basins and beds weren't too uncomfortable. Atmosphere was ok. They had planned events everyday but not many people were around. Must be off season thing.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thanks for your comments. We are glad you like our privacy pods, we designed them with our guests in mind.

It was my first time to live in a hostel. Think it's not as good as I imagined. Might be personal issue. If I had no such big luggages, I think it would be a better experience. I left my shirt there before checking out but they couldn't find it. A pity.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • China

It's unfortunate that your stay with us was not up to expectations. We wish we could have done something to make your stay more comfortable. You mentioned big luggage; we do have a storage area that we could have kept them in if they did not fit in the free locker in your room. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

It was my first stay at a hostel and was better than what I expected a hostel to be like. My only recommendation is adding a bigger area to just to do makeup/hair that's not in the room and not in the individual bathroom. I was leaving each morning by 7 and didn't want to do use my hairdryer in my bedroom and wake up my roommates. And then I didn't want to use the individual bathrooms knowing that people were waiting to get in and shower at that hour.

• 14th Sep 2015