USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Was very pleasant to stay. Price is a little higher than other hostels, but worth it. I didn't get to mingle too much, but the common area looked nice.

By far the best hostel I've stayed in, good quality of the beds, rooms, and food. They have a pool table, a small bar, a kicker table, kitchen and a lot of great people, including the staff. There's always something to do in San Fran, beautiful city. I would love to come back to this hostel, did I mention the location is perfect. The only problem I had, was that they have no free parking, you have to pay for parking around the corner, with a discount from the hostel nonetheless.

I couldn't fault it. If you are looking for a realistic price for a hostel in a great location you wouldn't go anywhere else. Thankyou to the staff they were great. Regards Scott.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

very good hostel, (most likely one of the best that i sayed in over the last years). pro's: good very well equipped kitchen, free (american / basic) breakfast. great activities (walking tour was quite nice, and the pub crawl too). beds and rooms where clean and good. con: i would not recommend the hostel in the hight of summer due to lack of ac. (during my stay the room that i was in was quite warm, as in: fan was needed) and that was with 22c out price is a bit higher then usual but worth it.

I'm travelling for a year, all over the world and this is probably one of the best hostels I've EVER stayed in. Staff is friendly, rooms cleans (own lamp, plug, locker, etc.), fun activities. Had a great stay! Only thing: kinda expensive...

Security is tight as far as making you show your key every time you go in. This is comforting because the surrounding neighborhoods are a bit sketchy. The location is good as far as walking distance to bars, shopping, and concerts. Some staff were friendly and helpful and some were fairly apathetic. I like easy going but it's a bit off putting to check into a room that hasn't been cleaned or have your bedding ready at 4:30 pm when the place has checkout at 10:00 am, but it's a place to crash.

Thanks for your feedback. It is not acceptable to us that your room was not clean on time and this has been addressed. We absolutely have a 2 pm availability rule and we certainly don't want our guests inconvenienced. We hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed at in 9 years of backpacking. Friendly staff, clean, hot showers, 4-bed dorms with lockers and free breakfast. There are always things to do so you can meet other travellers and it's just a short walk to Powell Station. Highly recommendable!

very friendly and helpful!

• 18th Apr 2014

stayed there for three nights in a 4-bed female dorm and can highly recommend that place. Felt safe and had a great time. Breakfast wasn't too good (just toast, bagel and jam...jou have to be fast to get some fruits) Would def. stay there again!

• 17th Apr 2014

thanks for the great review...and for the note about the fruit, we'll be sure to tell the breakfast people to keep an eye to make sure there is always plenty of it out! They were probably distracting showing guests how to make our free pancakes!

Possibly the perfect big city hostel. Friendly atmosphere, lots of events, central location, clean new looking rooms. The four bed ensuite rooms are highly recommended. Would definitely return.

oh wow! Thanks for the awesome compliment! We do hope you come back again!

Great staff. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Will definitely be staying here again.

The staff were awesome and the hostel was super clean. The best part was meeting people here.

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We'll be sure to let the staff know your comments. Happy Travels.

Loved it, can't wait to visit agin:-)

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Russia

They have a yoga room but not really an atmosphere. The rooms are really good but the bathrooms were dirty most of the time and too few. The staff seemed over worked and tired, though they were friendly, would help you and answer your questions. It didn't have the "hostel" feeling, rather a "big hotel chain"-feeling. Clean and close to the shopping district, if thats for you. Just be sure not to take any short cuts home, as you risk ending up in Tenderlion.

We're sorry you didn't find out hostel, 'hostely' enough. It is a little harder to get that homey feel in a larger building, but we do offer a lot of free activities, such as our city walking tour and karaoke night, to help guests get to know one another and interact with staff. Perhaps having so much common space, such as the theatre, library and lounge with pool and foozball is too much space for those who prefer smaller hostels. Give our San Diego location a try as it has a quaint feel to it.

The rooms are pretty nice. The costs of this hostel (especially in a privat room) are quite high and almost comparable to the price of a hotel room. What you get is the feeling of school camp. On the doors lots of signs what is allowed and forbidden. No drinks and food in the room - but there was a microwave in the room???. I have a good friend in SFO but it was not allowed that he accompany me to my room. I asked at the reception but it was forbidden.

We regret that you did not enjoy your stay. Our privates are not the cheapest you'll find in a SF hostel, but much cheaper than most city hotel rooms. With cable tv, microwave, fridge, mp3 player and free all you can eat breakfast, we do believe we offer a lot more than other hostels. As for the sign, the wrong one must be in your room as guests in privates may have food, we'll fix that. We limit entry for everyone's security, but guests are welcome to entertain friends in the spacious lobby.

Overall a good experience. Hotel had no power when we arrived but 25% was taken off our first night's stay. Staff friendly and helpful. There was a cockroach in the shower I used on the first morning, but it seemed like a clean place otherwise.

thank you for your overall good review despite the issues you faced. Unfortunately our power grid had an unexpected meltdown that knocked out the power for one evening - we hope you enjoyed the free beer and pizza we provided that night to say we were sorry! As for the bug, we think work on the street pipes by the city may have sent a bugger scurrying into our building. This has definitely been dealt with!

Really great hostel - one of the best I've been to! Lots of activities offered - while I was there they put on free drinks twice and had free walking tours. Atmosphere is great - there's a lounge area with pool tables downstairs to hangout and it was easy to meet new people. Only suggestion I would make is on check in give more info on what's on at the hostel - I had to find out from other people in my room where breakfast was and about the walking tours etc, then I had to tell other new people.

Located only a few blocks from the train which makes it really easy to get to and from the airport (it was about $8.30 for a one way ticket from the airport to the train stop). Super close to Union Square and tons of bars and restaurants. Beds are pretty comfortable and room is nice and quite at night. Overall, I would recommend it for the price. San Francisco is a very walkable city and this hostel is close to lots of fun neighborhoods!

Staff was super friendly and helpful, always smiling. Location was great as well. Definitely gonna stay there again when I am back in San Francisco!!

Power outage one entire day, and staff though friendly is rather loud. Why do the have to shout while standing so close is beyond me.

View all San Francisco Hostels