USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Excellent hostel. Not the cheapest, but very good quality. Clean, nice, full of common areas and social events, good internet, nice hot water, excellent staff, excellent security. Several good services, including laundry, iron and board, and a wonderful cinema. Ipad available at reception.

Best place, other Hostels should seriously learn from these guys. They haven't spent a ton of money yet they have done an amazing job.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

Great hostel! Best staff ever. Super nice, helpful and organized. The atmosphere was also pretty cool but I think I had more fun in their LA branch. Highly recommended!!

Ridiculously over priced. Not worth your buck.

• 26th Apr 2014

Good mix of social, cleanliness and location. Had organised events for those travelling alone or plenty of room to hang out if in a group. Would definitely recommend for all travellers.

• 25th Apr 2014

Really expensive hostel, my nights cost me $49 each! Great facilities and decent breakfast! Hostel provides some activities but no where near as many as the USA hostel in LA. Staff could improve customer service and the checkin expirience, took me a while to figure out where everything was.

This hostel is your all perfect hostel. It's one of the biggest and best hostels I've experienced and you will definitely be fine if you go to this one. Enjoy San Fran!

Fairly central location, staff were welcoming and helpful. There were printed cards in reception with directions to all the famous landmarks from the hostel which was really helpful. Our room was clean and airy, there were plenty of bathrooms available. There was no milk at breakfast I went to but a decent selection of food available. Lots of activities and large communal area.

Was very pleasant to stay. Price is a little higher than other hostels, but worth it. I didn't get to mingle too much, but the common area looked nice.

By far the best hostel I've stayed in, good quality of the beds, rooms, and food. They have a pool table, a small bar, a kicker table, kitchen and a lot of great people, including the staff. There's always something to do in San Fran, beautiful city. I would love to come back to this hostel, did I mention the location is perfect. The only problem I had, was that they have no free parking, you have to pay for parking around the corner, with a discount from the hostel nonetheless.

I couldn't fault it. If you are looking for a realistic price for a hostel in a great location you wouldn't go anywhere else. Thankyou to the staff they were great. Regards Scott.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

very good hostel, (most likely one of the best that i sayed in over the last years). pro's: good very well equipped kitchen, free (american / basic) breakfast. great activities (walking tour was quite nice, and the pub crawl too). beds and rooms where clean and good. con: i would not recommend the hostel in the hight of summer due to lack of ac. (during my stay the room that i was in was quite warm, as in: fan was needed) and that was with 22c out price is a bit higher then usual but worth it.

I'm travelling for a year, all over the world and this is probably one of the best hostels I've EVER stayed in. Staff is friendly, rooms cleans (own lamp, plug, locker, etc.), fun activities. Had a great stay! Only thing: kinda expensive...

Security is tight as far as making you show your key every time you go in. This is comforting because the surrounding neighborhoods are a bit sketchy. The location is good as far as walking distance to bars, shopping, and concerts. Some staff were friendly and helpful and some were fairly apathetic. I like easy going but it's a bit off putting to check into a room that hasn't been cleaned or have your bedding ready at 4:30 pm when the place has checkout at 10:00 am, but it's a place to crash.

Thanks for your feedback. It is not acceptable to us that your room was not clean on time and this has been addressed. We absolutely have a 2 pm availability rule and we certainly don't want our guests inconvenienced. We hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed at in 9 years of backpacking. Friendly staff, clean, hot showers, 4-bed dorms with lockers and free breakfast. There are always things to do so you can meet other travellers and it's just a short walk to Powell Station. Highly recommendable!

very friendly and helpful!

• 18th Apr 2014

stayed there for three nights in a 4-bed female dorm and can highly recommend that place. Felt safe and had a great time. Breakfast wasn't too good (just toast, bagel and jam...jou have to be fast to get some fruits) Would def. stay there again!

• 17th Apr 2014

thanks for the great review...and for the note about the fruit, we'll be sure to tell the breakfast people to keep an eye to make sure there is always plenty of it out! They were probably distracting showing guests how to make our free pancakes!

Possibly the perfect big city hostel. Friendly atmosphere, lots of events, central location, clean new looking rooms. The four bed ensuite rooms are highly recommended. Would definitely return.

oh wow! Thanks for the awesome compliment! We do hope you come back again!

Great staff. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Will definitely be staying here again.

The staff were awesome and the hostel was super clean. The best part was meeting people here.

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We'll be sure to let the staff know your comments. Happy Travels.

View all San Francisco Hostels