USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

100% worth the stay and left with some of the best memories!

• 8th Nov 2014

Great rooms, great staff, great breakfast - great hostel! Definitely recommended!

Pros: Clean facilities, nice and helpful staff, breakfast, walk to Union Square Cons: $$, a bit dead for a Friday night

I´ve stayed in different hostels in Brazil, UK, Portugal and even US. This was the best one!

oh, we love it when we rank internationally! thanks!

Satisfied in all respects.

The hostel is ideally located - Powell Street is easily accessible. We have booked a double room/ensuite. The room was ridiculously small, and dark, and the whole hostel smells old.

Our stay here was great, the facilities were fantastic and it was close to lots of restaurants and bars. There are always activities happening during the day and at night and the beds are some of the most comfortable hostel beds I've ever had! I would definitely come back here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends visiting San Fran!

Great hostel. I stayed in a 4 bed female room with bathroom. Bathroom was tiny and if I knew this I wouldn't of paid the extra for it. Pricey for a hostel but best hostel I've stayed in. Close to union square and market street and only a cable car ride away to fisherman's warf. Staff friendly and liked that they put things on for the guests eg. Walking tour, pub crawl etc...

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, the staff are friendly. The hostel puts on a lot of activities and reasonably priced but excellent tours,pub crawls, bike tours I'd recommend both aswell as a lot of information on places to go. The facilities are brilliant and the free breakfast is also great. Location is just afew blocks from Union square and the high street. It's easy to meet people I was travelling alone and found it very sociable. 8.5/10 and that's me being very critical

• 23rd Oct 2014

I was surprised how many rooms there were in the hostel. It was large but all the facilities were nice and the staff were helpful. Not only do the beds have individual lights and chargers, but so do the lockers in the room. You can lock up your computer and still keep it charging. This was a much more pleasant experience than the last large hostel I stayed at.

Great hostel! Rooms were really nice, they organise lots of activities as well which is great! My only Conplaint would be that they cancelled the walking tour because of rain and it was hardly raining!

• 19th Oct 2014

Not the cheapest, but easily the best hostel in San Fran.

Great hostel. Facilities are excellent. Would stay again.

really good free breakfast and a massive kitchen full of all the pots pans and utensils needed for making dinner if you wanted to. lots of good hostel activities planned for each day , i especially enjoyed the bike ride to sausalito over the golden gate bridge

All the staff were super helpful and the place was great (especially the walking tour!) A couple of minor things-the music in the basement room was consistently quite loud if you were looking for somewhere quiet to catch up on your emails and some of the washing machines and dryers and were out of order-meaning only a couple were useable for the whole place

Great clean hostel with awesome facilities - lounge, pool tables, kitchen etc :)

Great place for fair price considering San Francisco standards.

• 12th Oct 2014

Loved this hostel, people and activities. Cleanest hostel Ive ever stayed in and awesome fun

USA Hostels San Francisco is by far one of the best Hostels I have ever stayed in. As a female traveling by myself it was the perfect place to stay as I felt completely safe and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The hostel was really social and all the activities such as free walking tours, pub crawls, movie nights and wine and cheese night made it really easy to meet people and make friends. I had an amazing time here thanks to everyone especially Brendan who took the walking tour.

This hostel is quite expensive fior what it offers. However, I enjoyed the fact that they offer free walking tour of San Francisco, the pink haired girl was excellent and knew a lot about San Francisco. Some of the other staff I dealt with we're not very knowledgable and couldn't recommend any place or give me directions. Some evenings they offer dinner for $5, which is cheap for San Francisco, and the dinner is usually just about eatable. The rooms and the bathroom were actually quite dirty.

View all San Francisco Hostels