USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Staff was really helpful!!!!!

I've stayed at a few hostels when traveling, USA hostel would be on the top of my list of where to stay. Will highly recommend to others if visiting San Fransisco.

On the website it says if the room is ready you can check in early. I was there at 1:00pm and was told to come back at 2:00pm at checkin time. I was back at 1:50pm and still had to wait until 2:00pm. It put a bitter taste in my mouth. Walking distance to bars and restaurants. Rooms were clean and had powerpoints next to the bed. I was in the common area for about 10 seconds and everyone was on their phone. For the price, you could get a couple of people together and split a hotel room.

The hostel is located in a great place! It offers a bunch of activities. The atmosphere is great and the staff is always willing to help you. Great experience!

Very impressed.

• 28th Mar 2015

First time staying in hostel in the US. The facilities are fine but definitely felt more like a factory than your more intimate european / south american hostels. Also, the hostel is located in a not so great part of town. Not very safe to walk around at night.

Great atmosphere! Facilities and tours were amazing! Really traveller friendly!

Like much of San Francisco, go one way and you don't want to walk at night, but go the other way and you're safe as houses. Traveling by myself the neighborhood didn't feel great but I felt super safe inside the hostel. Super clean, free hand soap (a rare nice touch), and acceptable breakfast. Best part was the bar crawl, I met tons of cool people.

Very friendly and welcoming staff! I met great ppl there and became friends.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • China

The hostel is a good value for money option for backpackers. The only issue is that it is near the Tenderloin area...like many other hostels here and that isn't the best location to be in. Though the security within the hostel is no problem.

USA Hostels as a chain is awesome and my experience at San Fransisco was no different. Had a great experience. Clean and large rooms. Big commune areas with PC access. One of the best breakfasts at any hostels I've been to before. Professional and a great vibe. Free in room Wi-Fi and its quality. Also the location was great, didn't take that long to walk to Fishermans Wharf and public transport is everywhere. I recommend this place to anyone.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Very good hostel, fun planning and location. Just to add constructive criticism, I would change the elevator's door system. It can be uncomfortable, specially with big bags. Also, I would leave a floor carpet for after the shower and add liquid soap inside the shower.

Everything was great. My only wish was that there could have been something to eat for breakfast early in the morning. I had an early flight and had to leave before 6, so I left hungry. Perfect otherwise though!

• 17th Mar 2015

Amenities were great and LOVED all the activities scheduled and recommendations

Really enjoyed staying here. The facilities were amazing and the staff was very helpful (for the most part). It is expensive, but well worth it. Many activities offered (lots of free drinks). Overall very recommended (very different from the one in Hollywood).

I've had a great stay in this Hostel. Especially the activities organised by the Hostel were really cool! Thank you!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

I would definitely stay here again!

My bro and I stayed here for a week and had a great time! Thanks Bella for your help and Ed for the good times at the Pub crawl. The hostel is super close to everything and you won't have any issues getting around.

Fun hostel, cool people, great environment. Wouldn't mind staying here again.

Pretty decent, staff was helpful. Free drinks Saturday nights was pretty good. Wifi works well too. Not blown away by it, but it's definitely a good place to crash after a long night out.

View all San Francisco Hostels