USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

There are some sh**** smells in the halls. But I guess is the location in the center of SFO which is actually a little bit sh***tty

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

It misses a bar. Only this

Awesome hostel! Had a blast going out with the staff, however a bit gutted that my phone was stolen at the bar we went to :( Other than that this place was wonderful for showing you a good time in San Fran!

• 17th Dec 2014

no big issues actually

Staying in a hostel is mostly fun but staying in a good hostel is just awesome. I stayed in USA hostels in San Fransisco for a week and I already miss it! It was Christmas time and all the rooms were sold out. I love meeting new people and I met people from all around the world which I think made my trip unforgettable. I totally recommend staying at USA hostels to everyone!

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Iran

I loved the common area downstairs and the friendly vibe of the hostel.

• 16th Dec 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were well set-up with lots of charging points and lockers in the room. Love that breakfast was included as well. All around a very good place to stay and good value for money.

Good hostel and strict security. Really clean and tidy. Nice common areas and very well equipped kitchen. The only problem I had was that breakfast was all mainly bread based. There were oat sachets (the full of sugar kind) but no real milk to put on it or in a cup of tea. Not much fruit either. There is generally cereal at most hostels.

This hostel reminded me of the places I stayed at while in Europe, which I didn't expect to find in North America. The staff were friendly, the common areas were well-equipped and it's located a short walk from plenty of things to do. My only complaint (and it's a very minor one) is that the dorm I stayed in wasn't as nice as the rest of the hostel, which was particularly noticeable because of how nice the common spaces are. Not a deal-breaker, though, I'd definitely stay again!

Awesome kitchen! Really cool bar area! Really friendly staff. Good location. Im 6'7 " and fit in the beds fine too. Highly recommend.

Great facilities, friendly atmosphere, helpful staff and awesome breakfast. Only down sides were that street facing room was very noisy and rooms were heated a little too much so became stuffy.

Great location just a 5 minute walk from Union Square, a clean and well equipped kitchen, friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast. Had an amazing stay here!

Staff seemed to act abit like they were too cool to work there, the blanket covers were not changed after people left which is really gross they get used just like sheets !

We recently had a staff member leave who was not providing the high standard of customer service and friendliness we wish our guests to experience. So we hope you give us another try. Our duvets are regularly washed, but we would gladly have changed it for you if you wished. We always encourage guests to let us know any way we can improve their stay.

Very clean and neat hostel

• 28th Nov 2014

The hostel is ok for the price you pay. San Francisco is very expensive and this hostel is a good option. The noisy rooms are so noisy, so if you want a calm stay do not order those rooms. The non noisy rooms are very quiet. The room is clean and nice.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Had a great stay. No complaints.

Good little hostel, though my room in particular got way too hot in the evening (room 225). Shame that it sits right on the border of Tenderloin as I found the local homeless were quite persistent and confronting.

Excellent hostel! The team was really helpfull. I especially loved the walking tour around SF.

• 25th Nov 2014

This hostel is the prototype that they should use to design all hostels. It was clean, functional, so many things to do, knowledgeable staff, i met some great people and had a great time. There is not a single negative thing i could say about this hostel

Location was perfect (quick stroll, albeit uphill, but part of the experience, to the cable car straight down to Embarcadero), very safe (individual lockers). Pretty cheap accommodation for Union Square area, well lit and open entrance (not hole in the hallway), but in my opinion the price was well placed (not so cheap the wrong kind of crowd would flock in). Great facilities for a Hostel, all very clean and always well staffed.

• 24th Nov 2014