USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Loved it, can't wait to visit agin:-)

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Russia

They have a yoga room but not really an atmosphere. The rooms are really good but the bathrooms were dirty most of the time and too few. The staff seemed over worked and tired, though they were friendly, would help you and answer your questions. It didn't have the "hostel" feeling, rather a "big hotel chain"-feeling. Clean and close to the shopping district, if thats for you. Just be sure not to take any short cuts home, as you risk ending up in Tenderlion.

We're sorry you didn't find out hostel, 'hostely' enough. It is a little harder to get that homey feel in a larger building, but we do offer a lot of free activities, such as our city walking tour and karaoke night, to help guests get to know one another and interact with staff. Perhaps having so much common space, such as the theatre, library and lounge with pool and foozball is too much space for those who prefer smaller hostels. Give our San Diego location a try as it has a quaint feel to it.

The rooms are pretty nice. The costs of this hostel (especially in a privat room) are quite high and almost comparable to the price of a hotel room. What you get is the feeling of school camp. On the doors lots of signs what is allowed and forbidden. No drinks and food in the room - but there was a microwave in the room???. I have a good friend in SFO but it was not allowed that he accompany me to my room. I asked at the reception but it was forbidden.

We regret that you did not enjoy your stay. Our privates are not the cheapest you'll find in a SF hostel, but much cheaper than most city hotel rooms. With cable tv, microwave, fridge, mp3 player and free all you can eat breakfast, we do believe we offer a lot more than other hostels. As for the sign, the wrong one must be in your room as guests in privates may have food, we'll fix that. We limit entry for everyone's security, but guests are welcome to entertain friends in the spacious lobby.

Overall a good experience. Hotel had no power when we arrived but 25% was taken off our first night's stay. Staff friendly and helpful. There was a cockroach in the shower I used on the first morning, but it seemed like a clean place otherwise.

thank you for your overall good review despite the issues you faced. Unfortunately our power grid had an unexpected meltdown that knocked out the power for one evening - we hope you enjoyed the free beer and pizza we provided that night to say we were sorry! As for the bug, we think work on the street pipes by the city may have sent a bugger scurrying into our building. This has definitely been dealt with!

Really great hostel - one of the best I've been to! Lots of activities offered - while I was there they put on free drinks twice and had free walking tours. Atmosphere is great - there's a lounge area with pool tables downstairs to hangout and it was easy to meet new people. Only suggestion I would make is on check in give more info on what's on at the hostel - I had to find out from other people in my room where breakfast was and about the walking tours etc, then I had to tell other new people.

Located only a few blocks from the train which makes it really easy to get to and from the airport (it was about $8.30 for a one way ticket from the airport to the train stop). Super close to Union Square and tons of bars and restaurants. Beds are pretty comfortable and room is nice and quite at night. Overall, I would recommend it for the price. San Francisco is a very walkable city and this hostel is close to lots of fun neighborhoods!

Staff was super friendly and helpful, always smiling. Location was great as well. Definitely gonna stay there again when I am back in San Francisco!!

Power outage one entire day, and staff though friendly is rather loud. Why do the have to shout while standing so close is beyond me.

Fantastic Hostel! Great staff, different nightly activities, huge breakfast options including pancakes, facilities new and always clean, very large and social common area. This hostel really focuses on all the little things such as a shelf with light and power-point on every bed. Only downfall would be the location in the middle of the dodgy downtown but its also very close to union square which is good.

Very nice. I would recomend , though, that the schedule about the next activities (like walking on the city etc) would be more cleary announced in previous time (in a place easy to be observed) so that the guest could program themselves to participate.

Great stay.Staff were more than helpful great activities and walking tour was really good and free too.

Would highly recommend to all friends! We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. The bathroom facility's are always clean and still very private. Staff extremely friendly and the location central, a great base for exploring San Francisco.

• 1st Apr 2014

This hostel was amazing. Recommend it for anyone who wants to meet awesome people and who want to party. Plenty of opportunities available to interact with other travellers. Hands down most fun and best hostel I've stayed in so far.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »