USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

Wow!!!! This has been the best hostel in the best city I've been too!! Great facilities and location, amazing staff ( esp Natalie with the walking tour!) Thanks for the great memories guys!

Everyone was super friendly, the location was fantastic and services & facilities were excellent. Went on a city walking tour organized by the hostel, which was great. Staff was very helpful and approachable. Was also very content with the rooms.

staff very helpfull

Everything was truly perfect, except that huge insect walking on the breakfast table...

The hostel was in a great location. Very big and clean, and plenty of events done through the hostel. If you're looking for a quieter stay, don't stay here. Rooms on the street side very loud. Otherwise perfect for one day in San Francisco and seeing the sites!

Fun hostel with great common facilities but the beds are hard and rooms near stairs are noisy. Check-out could be later.

We're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your stay with us. If you choose to come back again and don't like the location of your room, we'd be happy to change it for you.

Good location to start your day and full equipped kitchen to save your bucks.

The location was convenient and seemed fairly safe. I arrived late at night and walked alone from Market without any problems. The dorm with ensuite bathroom was nice. I really liked the privacy pod with outlets and light, although the mirror on the wall kind of negated the privacy aspect. I also liked the common/breakfast area downstairs, and the little cards with directions to different attractions.

Great stay here! Fantastic environment, plenty of interaction and events to meet people. Staff were a little rude but no more than your usual grumpy worker. Facilities were good, soap was often out. Location is central but the hills are killers and its verging on Tenderloin region. Pretty good value for the experience but would have liked a little more for my money.

Hi, thanks for your comments. We're glad you liked your stay overall and we'll find out what's making some staff grumpy and fix that! Perhaps we'll have to cut back on their going out on the hostel pub crawl...

One of the best hostels I've stayed in and I've stayed in quite a few!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Location was great, 5 minutes walk to Market street and next Bart stop. We booked a double room which with a nice and clean bathroom. Staff did not seem to pay much attention what happened around them and the kitchen was sort of greasy. The free pan cakes are an awesome idea - unfortunately they taste more like dry bread than anything else.

• 21st Feb 2014

Everything was great

An awesome hostel to stay at -- clean, local what more can you ask for. Rates very reasonable. Staff super friendly and knowledgable about city and how to use transit. Would highly recommend and would stay there again.

I like all the information I was able to obtain from the staff and pamphlets posted. Though I wished there was some sort of binder or something with food menus/recommendations close by.

When big corporates pour large amounts of money into a hostel the hostel turns out looking something like this. Big, well planned, standardised procedures, etc. I can't fault the security, staff, cleanliness, and how well organised everything is - and that's how I like it. If you are someone looking for a hostel with "character" then this probably isn't right for you. I stayed in both HI San Francisco Downtown and this place - if I was back in San Francisco I'd stay here.

Great hostel in a brilliant location.

• 14th Feb 2014

Fantastic location and staff!

Pretty nice and excellent value for money as one might expect from a major hostel chain. Lots of cool things: nice common areas, laundromat with change dispenser, pool table, iPad room (2-3 pads), free printouts, lots of activities, $5 dinners on some nights, pretty solid bunks with reading light and power socket, elevator, good wi-fi etc. I'd love to see cleaner washrooms/showers, refill of shampoos consistently, cleaned fans (perhaps a/c in some rooms), happier staff, better breakfast.

Im impressed that the hostel is extremely clean!!! the bathrooms are perfect! they have outlets in the lockers so you can charge PC , cameras etc and lock them in. they have outlets and personal lamp by the bed. few blocks fron Union Square, great price, super nice and helpful staff. Love the music they play in the lobby, especially Justin Nozuka

• 9th Feb 2014

nice hostel located in downtown area , many eateries around

(1988 results)