USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA

The best one, we could have drinks in the lobby and downstairs. The pub crowl was awesome.

This is one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in. Everything seemed modern and updated which was nice. I liked how there were only a few beds to a room and plenty of separate bathrooms and showers; I had a good amount of privacy, but was still able to meet people. The location felt a little sketchy at first when I walked from the BART station (lots of homeless people), but it's fine as long as you don't wander alone at night. Conveniently a 10 minute walk to Union Square!

Loved the security of the luggage storage as well as showing key cards when entering.. The nightly activities looked awesome even though we didn't partake.. If I had of been there for longer I definitely would have! Beds were super comfy.. LOVED having reading light/power outlet in each bunk and a sink and mirror in the room was a huge bonus. The breakfast was awesome!! One of the if not the best hostel I've stayed at!

I definitely recommend this hostel :)

The services provided by the hostel is excellent and the free tours are amazing!!! The staffs are very friendly and helpful in every way. Always with great patience. The room and bathroom, the facility, overall are clean and nice. Would love to stay there again for my next visit!

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Taiwan

Great place to stay that has everything you could want. Only complaint I have is that the the toilet broke in the room I was staying and it took three days before the sent a repair guy; no compensation was offered.

The staffs here are really friendly and helpful. Facilities are excellent and the hostel is really clean. The security is excellent. It is very convenient to rent a bike at a rental shop working with the hostel. It is excellent to cycle around San Francisco. The only thing that may not be as good as aforementioned is that it takes some time to reach the hostel from the Powell station, which is the station on the BART route from the airport.

There was a funky smell in our room and from the street. It didn't smell good and opening the window only made it worse. Other than that we have nothing to complain about.

This hostel is great! It has a good fun atmosphere, it's clean, secure, and the staff are amazing! Thank you

This hostel was clean and the free breakfast was really good. But then again at the prices they charge then I expect nothing less. I thought the atmosphere was a bit lacking as its a large hostel so you don't get that type of atmosphere you would get at a smaller hostel. I would stay here again

I had a very nice stay there. The staff was lovely, facilities and social events were enjoyable. I'd definitely recommend !

Great hostel! Staff was great, everything was clean, pub crawls were fun. It's the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed at, but it was worth it. Only two complaints: They charge an absurd amount to use the internet and the two computers they have suck - they're old and barely work. Wi-fi is free, but not every backpacker travels with a laptop! Seriously, for the amount of money they charge, they really should have a couple of nice computers open for use. Other than that, I had a great time! :)

Great hostel; beds are nice, services and amenities are great. There's an event every night, so even antisocial CHUDs like me can find someone to hang out with. Highly recommended.

One of my favourite hostels I've been to. The atmosphere is top notch! Great social atmosphere and heaps of activities. I would have to recommend them all but especially the wine tour and the bike tour!

The athmhosphere was great, the staff was very friendly and always willing to help you if you have any questions / doubts. In general I am totally satisfied with my experienced at this hostel and it has been the best one I have stayed at in the world.

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was blazing hot inside. Which is odd because it was a temperate 65 in San Francisco most of the time. Probably due to lack of air circulation, but also possibly intentional due to visitors coming from warmer climates. Dunno but, I'm from North Carolina, and I work outside in the heat as a landscaper and I found the movie room to be too hot to even considering entering.

Overall very good

• 18th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

good and clean hostel, they offer lots of activities. and this is so far the only hostel i stayed in with sockets inside the lockers. i would go there again :-)

Clean and fancy hostel! The free tour around SF was really fun!

This is for sure one of the best hostel I've ever stayed: nice and helpful staff, perfectly located, clean and safe. If you want to enjoy San Francisco, you have to choose this hostel!

View all San Francisco Hostels