USA Hostels San Francisco Reviews

711 Post Street, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA

A pretty good hostel in a good part of the city.. Walking distance to Union Sq. The common room is alot of fun.. Though it should be known this hostel houses alot of semi-permanent residents and students vs travelers. Also big brother is watching you everywhere. But alot of fun none the less

The only problem was the temperature in my dorm. It was just too cold outside to offer only two or three hours heating-time in the morning and the evening.

This is the best Hostel I ever seen

• 14th Jan 2014

I really enjoyed staying there! If I go to San Francisco again, I definitely will stay there again! It's in great location, close to the union square and powell station. There are lots of activities going on everyday. USA hostels always offer a great breakfast with pancakes!!! And nice and clean facilities!

Stayed for 4 nights with friends, the hostel is very well furnished with up to date facilities in an ok location to the CBD shopping and wharfs as well as the Golden Gate Bridge. the staff were once again friendly as ever and the organised events they arranged were fun enough for the time of year.

• 8th Jan 2014

Had the most amazing time at this hostel!! As a solo traveller it was an awesome place to meet new people. Can't wait to return.

Hostel is very well run the facilities and standard of cleaning are excellent. Power sockets in lockers and next to bed is really excellent touch. The activities organised every day is a good thing for atmosphere in the hostel especially free drinks at the bar! However the hostel is quite corporate and is massive with 3 floors full of dorms so not the most friendly of places the pub crawl was too crowded 60 people in 1 small bar doesn't work.

Brilliant hostel, friendly, fun, great location really close to central part of town, plenty of space in the dorm room, really clean, great shower, small things like having your own private reading light and electrical sockets by the bed and the personal locker with secure electrical sockets was just brilliant. If I ever go back to San Fran I would stay there again without hesitation.

This is an excellent hostel. The price is affordable, and everything is so great. My only bad experience was that someone took my newly bought beverage I left in the laundry room.

very good location, and quiet in rooms, big kitchen/restaurant room.

In a hostel as big as this, where your roommates are who you will be spending time with, it would be smart to put together guests who were wanting to be social with other likeminded people, and introverts together. It would be easy to add a button during the booking process asking about this.

The Staff was really nice and also very helpful whenever I have questions. Rooms were clean. Definitely would come back again!

This hostel had everything I needed. It was in a great location and there were always fun activities going on every night. The beds were comfortable and clean. The staff is very helpful. Definitely the best hostel I have stayed at.

Great atmosphere and environment with friendly service. Reading room was a favorite place of mine. Enjoyed the nightly activities as well. Great place to meet people if travelling alone.

• 15th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The USA Hostels chain is brilliant and I would definitely use them again!

need more big lockers

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Chile

This was, by far, the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff were friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable and the hostel had such an awesome atmosphere. I loved meeting people at this hostel as there were lots of communal spaces. Eating breakfast at this hostel was also special - there were so many options and yummy pancakes. The facilities were also excellent - I made use of the yoga/exercise room and the cute little library. It was overall a fantastic place for meeting people.

Fantastic hostel, everything was awesome

Excellent value for money. The location of the hostel is awesome for tourists. I stayed there for two nights and I got what I was looking for.

very good location, excellent, very helpful und always nice staff. security level is very high, you feel perfectly save. it´s a very big hostel (as usual in big cities), so it´s not the most social one, but they do their very best to bring people together. pub crawl and other stuff make it easy to get to know other travelers. I met lots of nice people! pool and soccer table can be very fun and a good start into an awesome party night. kitchen looked very good although i never really used it!

• 9th Dec 2013