Uenuku lodge Reviews

217 Ponsonby road, Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand

Ok hostel with very friendly staff. Stayed in a dorm that had windows to the hallway so light could enter the room (and my face) during the night (provided curtains where to short). Kitchen was small but there was seating area outside that was nice.

The staff was friendly and the hostel had lots of personality and a nice community feel to it. It's much farther out from the city than the map on hostelworld would lead you to believe (check Google maps first!)

The young lady who checked me in was very polite and helpful, showing me to my room and answering all of the questions I posed to her. The room was well laid out, the bed was very comfortable and it was useful having a sink in there to as the toilet/shower room was very small with a distinct lack of space and the light switch was temperamental, probably just a lose wire that needs replacing. My only real gripe was with the WiFi which was painfully slow and I gave up on it in end.