Ukelele Hostel Reviews

Maldonado 1183, Montevideo, Uruguay

I loved this hostel! So much so that I will definitely be returning for one more night as I pass back through Montevideo. The staff is super nice and helpful about recommendations both for things to do in Montevideo and what to do when you leave. I arrived alone but after two days felt like I had made friends with everyone else there. It's in a beautiful building with lots of natural wood and high ceilings creating a lovely environment for hanging out with all the cool people you meet.

• 24th Feb 2015

Only stayed one night as we were on the way up the coast, but definitely was a good place to explore Montevideo from. We were in a twelve man which was a decent size, nice pool and outdoor area, lots of common rooms downstairs. Breakfast was decent too. Shout out to Matias, really helpful guy on the desk who gave us loads of tips and helped us settle. May stay there again on the way back.

• 22nd Feb 2015

The piano is tuned that was a surprise and I really enjoyed playing, but the guitar had a missing string which is not a big deal but it would have been nice to be able to play it. Everything else, EXCELLENT!

It's a good place to chill, make new friend and have a nice time! One of the best hostel in Montevideo. Thank you guys for the great time!

Fantastic hostel, funny and amazing staff. The atmosphere was great, you can feel the warm mood in every single thing. High recommend. Clean, safe, good location. Very worth it. And a cute pet, a little black cat!! Special mention to Matias, you're great!! Hope to come back again! Muchas gracias por todo ;) Helena

This hostel is in an old building and it is loud just like the previous reviews said. If you can get over that, this is a great place to stay. The staff is helpful and friendly and the pool is an added bonus. Neighborhood is a little sketchy at night but just use common sense and you'll be fine.

• 28th Jan 2015

Lovely hostel, would defiantly recommend!

The common areas and pool are great! Seriously, come here just for the pool! Staff are all bilingual (English, spanish) and helpful. Large kitchen, all the utensils one would need, a whole wheat bread option for breakfast puts this hostel near the top of the ones I have stayed in. Only sour note... the owner came in 1 night and made asado for all his friends but it was not offered to the guests (that I am aware). That was unfortunate, considering we were not permitted to use the grill ourselves

Hello. I'm glad you liked our hostel, in fact I guess you're staying with us now! Only one thing to make clear, I (owner) never did any asado in the hostel. The only people I'm aware that did an asado were a group of argentinian musicians who had already bought all the stuff and it was already too late to tell them not to do it, so we did that big exception that night. As you say, the grill is under maintenance and that's why you couldn't use it. I would never do such thing! Thank you!

Beautiful hostal. Laid back but lively. Clean but not strict. Pool, piano, guitar and Is close to everything in montevideo. 10/10

We had stayed there in the new year holidays, this days the weather became cold but in the hostel didn't has hot water in the shower. I had complained for 2 days, they fixed only in my last day there.

not enough power plugs in the dorm as these power plugs are used by the aircon. dorm has space and is comfortable. hostel is very clean. good atmosphere and common area

Need to adjust shower temp the whole time from extreme hot to cold. Good wifi. Very basic breakfast of bread or corn flakes.

Really awesome hostel. Was very quiet when I moved in but the place is really cool and the staff are lovely. Really appreciated the pool and all the nice common areas.

Staff was great. Really happy there was a playable piano there since they are rare to find in South America.

Cool Hostel. The most I stayed at in Uruguay.

nice hostel)

Rooms were nice and spacious and clean. Nice looking pool and good communal areas. Staff were friendly and informative with Mattheus (spelling?) being especially helpful and friendly!

Really helpful staff, clean bathrooms, classy building, and big rooms. I really enjoyed my stay here.

If you want to feel at home, Ukelele is perfect. I really enjoyed the wide rooms, the fireplace, and even the wooden (and noisy) stairs were charming and fun. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great and there is a good atmosphere for making new friends. After a very tiring day in Punta del Este, it was great to know I was going somehere I could call "home" at least in that moment. Shower is good.