Ukelele Hostel Reviews

Maldonado 1183, Montevideo, Uruguay

A lovely hostel in a beautifully renovated old building in the city center. High ceilings & balconies give the dorms a spacious feel. It feels like you've been invited to stay in someone's mansion. The common areas are plentiful --the living room, terrace, and pool are great places to socialize. The outdoor area in particular is very picturesque. The kitchen is well equipped and there are enough bathrooms. Extremely friendly & helpful staff. Really great atmosphere. Very clean hostel. Loved it!

Had a very nice stay. Staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgable. See you next year! :)

• 28th Jan 2016

Great hostel with friendly and helpful staff. My room was rather noisy though as towards the street with quite some traffic in the morning/during day time. But I would still recommend the hostel.

They could have private bathrooms.

Amazing stuff, good atmosphere, big amazing living room which makes you just stay there and chill. And take a ukulele or a quitar or sit by the piano and play. Its really a good place to "meditate". Not to mention the pool! The best thing to do in hot days in January and February is to cool in the pool. The only bad thing is safety, you have to have your own lock for the lockers. I would recomend it.

The WIFI worked very well. There is a pool that you can use, and a large and nice living room. The bathrooms are very poor. The beds are a little bit short (1.80m). The breakfast was too simple for the money

When I found the hostel online I had big expectations because of the pictures and the descriptions. But when we checked in we realized how actually good the hostel was. The swimming pool wasn't clean, you can only access the internet if you register to their spam system, air conditioning is only available on private rooms, beds were small and mattress old, dorm by the entrance is subject to a lot of noise from street, reception and living room. You can find the same quality for cheaper.

So a beautiful hostel! I really enjoyed my stay. The pool is amazing and the staff very friendly and helpful. I can highly recommend to stay there!

One of the most particular hostel I've been, with a very friendly staff. You will surely enjoy swimming in the pool or playing one of the instruments available in the living room!

Wonderful hostel with a really friendly atmosphere and great staff. Set in a beautiful building. Highly recommended!

Very friendly staff and a nice chilled hostel. Would definately stay there again

• 4th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I loved this hostel until it actually came time to sleep. The hostel is spacious, well equipped with modern facilities in a well maintained old house. It's so lovely inside, and the pool and the cat are a bonus! However there were no locks on the room doors - only on the drawers under the bunk. The fans aren't tall enough to reach the top bunks so it was very hot, and very noisy with the reception right down from our dorm. And I now know what the other reviews meant about the noisy stairs!

Beautiful hostel, nice staff, but it was too hot in the rooms and too many mosquitos. There was only one fan at the floor for the room, so if you are in an upper bed is almost impossible to sleep.

Ukelele hostel is very well located to the main attractions, all within walking distance. The hostel itself is lovely, and the communal areas are great - although you unavoidably end up stinking of weed as it carries throughout the house. A smoking area away from the main room could be useful. Breakfast was very basic, toast and cereal.

I love the staff. They're great. Only reason I'm not giving them all 5 is that the rooms facing the road are really noisy.

Great hostel to relax and unwind. There is still the ability to be social and party, but still be able to have a quiet time reading by the pool. Very comfortable hostel - my 1 night stay ended up being 3!

Upon checkout at 6am I was told that I still needed to pay, however I paid when I checked in. The staff member was called and he said he didnt remmember. In the end I wasn't charged twice however, so even though they may be forgetful they are good people.

Beautiful house! Very nice stuff! I found it pretty clean. It was a bit empty when I was there but there would a lot of options to meet the other guest. At the bar or by the pool for example :) breakfast was very uruguay (very sweet) but there was plenty :) as far as I can judge the area and the location of the hostel was good as well :) I would defensively recommend the hostel :)

Never saw a hostel that clean! And the staff was very friendly and helping with all our questions.

The hostel is really cool. It's well located, it's clean, and it has loads of atmosphere