Ukelele Hostel Reviews

Maldonado 1183, Montevideo, Uruguay

Nice enough stay. Atmosphere is a little clicky and non-inclusive. But if you force your way past it you're ok. Wifi is terrible. And it's noisy - there is always a party downstairs and the doors may as well not exist as far as noise cancellation goes. But it is a beautiful place, with good common areas, and in a good location. Overall it depends what you're looking for! I had a pleasant enough stay.

Its a good hostel in a very quiet neighborhood and very close to the 18 de Julio Avenue in Montevideo. The breakfast is quite acceptable for a hostel. The staff is kind and helpful when you need or ask them for something. The bathrooms are clean and the showers have hot water.The atmosphere is good and quiet. On the other side, the hostel is in an old building and its cold and humid in winter, but not so much. I would stay there again if i go back to Montevideo.

the hostel in general was good but the staff were not helpful at all

• 28th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice hostel, very cozy and had warm sheets and blankets in the winter. The place had a great atmosphere with a nice fire burning, a useful kitchen, a movie room with Dvds... only only problem was there was only two bathrooms so there were lines a lot. Other then that, great hostel, i really roccomend it to others it was relaxing and we met great people.

A decent hostel not far from the old town. Rather relaxed atmosphere rather than party. All the staff members are really nice and helpful. On the other hand, it was REALLY humid inside the room. It's prohibited to bring in your own drinks because they have a small bar inside. No maps, poor lockers. Overall rather good than average.

One of the best hostel I have stayed. Good location and great staff.

• 30th Apr 2014

+ very friendly, helpful staff + comfortable house, with pool! + nice breakfast, with fruits + big kitchen + nice bathrooms upstairs + big rooms with a lot of space + mostly good wifi - sometimes loud at night because of traffic - no laundry - one bathroom more would be helpful

A great, clean and friendly hostle, with a laid-back attitude by guests and staff. It has various hang out points, such as the music room, TV room, dining area, breakfast bar, pool side, a huge kitchen. The hostle really felt like my home whilst I was there. The only downside is the locker facilities, which are basically giant cupboards beneath bunk beds - this wasnt a huge problem, but my locker was rather stiff and it made opening and closing it a bit of a bother.

Ukelele made me feel like I am in my home. the staff were always friendly and gave the best service that I got until now . very big hostel. very good atmosphere. it always clean . good location . good breakfest .big and clean bathroom .there is a place to do asado, nice yard, , I am travelling for 3 months I always go for hostels that have high rate and Ukelele is one of the best house(hostel) that you can get in south america. If you go to montevideo I definitely reccomend about this hostel!

The staff at ukelele is really nice and the building is amazing. Rooms are big enough , beds are comfortable. Its been a plessure staying here.

Nice place. Good location. Nice people. Sometimes loud. Good internet in room. Dirty pool - not really usable. We've been traveling the world for 4 months and rate this one a good rating overall. Thx

Staff are only friendly when approached but disinterested otherwise- do not offer any advice without prompting. Structure of the building means that any sound echoes so it can be very noisy at any time of day/ night. Very few bathrooms which wasn't a problem when I was there but would be if full. Difficult to comment on atmosphere as, during my stay, there were some really unfriendly guests but the spread out common areas and lack of activities etc doesn't help. I would not stay here again.

Would recommend simply. Excellent breakfast which seems to be difficult to get in South America. Nice pool, beds are comfy and good underbed lockers. Can´t really fault the hostel on any aspect.

Best hostel ever in Montevideo ! Respect

• 19th Mar 2014

Positive: showers, good sorted kitchen and a nice communial area at the Pool. Fantastic Building in a bad neighberhood. The Morning Shift Girl was rude and played Way too loud Music at 8 am. I would Not mind a big Party - but the Hostel was almost empty and all guest Where sleepung! The afternoon Shift Girl didn't know about the City and offered us Bikes for a Crazy Price. The evening Shift was very nice though!

The hostel was really beautiful with a old fashioned style that i love it. You can take some photos of it. The staff was a bit cold. It is good located also.

one of the best hostels I've stayed at in South America! wonderful staff, great common areas... I felt at home and can only highly recommend this place!