Ukelele Hostel Reviews

Maldonado 1183, Montevideo, Uruguay

great outside space, with hamacs and lots of places to read and enjoy the sun I would definitely go back for that reason!

• 20th Aug 2015

Montevideo its a really quiet town. But the hostel its really well located. They have a nice kitchen, good bathrooms and real nice music room. There are some bars and some restaurants near to the hostel, also a good point. I think its better in the summer, because you can use the pool. Its also ok if you are a lonely traveler. The common areas help to meet new people. The bike rental its expensive compare to other places. Search first.

One of my all-time favorite hostels! Beautiful rooms with elegant high ceilings, comfortable common spaces, fun music room with a guitar and piano-- and we loved the cat! The staff as very welcoming and fun to talk to. Highly recommend it!

Ukulele is a beautiful hostel in a good location near Ciudad Vieja, but safe. It has a fun and friendly crowd for the weekend/bar scene. Staff (including a sweet and adorable cat name Milton) are helpful and friendly with bus routes and recommendations. There were a few Wifi issues. Also there are not nearly enough bathrooms (3) when the hostel is full. On our last night there was a show that took almost the entire 1st floor, but which guests could only attend if purchasing a 200 peso ticket.

Really enjoyed my stay here, friendly vibe. Basic but reasonable breakfast selection. Beds were comfortable (6 bed mixed), would have been better if there were more bathrooms/showers.

Beautiful hostel. Stunning old building, a little cold in winter perhaps but wonderful place bed down in for a few days. Highly highly recommended.

The environment is really friendly and the staff is well prepared to provide the guests with any information either about sigthseeings or the Uruguayan nightlife .Personally, I felt as I was in my parents home.

I really liked this hostel! The guy on reception was super nice, it was really clean and it felt more like someone's home rather than a hostel. It was really quiet when we were there but I imagine there's a lot more atmosphere in high season. I personally wouldn't stay in high season just because of the lack of bathrooms and showers. Our twin room was small, but the living area downstairs was large and comfy. I would stay here again during the off peak months.

Nice hostel in an old family home, interesting architecture. Beds are small and a bit worn, but not a big problem. Staff are helpful and can give advise and directions. Breakfast was cereal, bread and jam. Bathrooms are large and showers are hot. Not too many people here at this time, but seems like a good place in busier times; bar area, music room, pool.

great building with awesomely-high ceilings. Plenty of places to hang out and play the ukelele. Not enough bathrooms. Can't even imagine it in high season as I always had to wait for a shower.

Such a lovely little spot, very clean and unique in its spaces. I certainly felt comfortable on the days I spent staying in and hanging about. There is an incredible little sitting spot in the back outside where you can drink in the sun and the house is filled with lovely little spots to sit. The staff was really helpful also!

Beautiful building in a nice area - almost feels like walking into someone's home. There is a nice lounge area for relaxing and they have a pet cat! The pool wasn't available to use when I was there but the pool area is nice. The breakfast is average, and they could use more bathrooms - I often had to wait outside to use the shower or toilet. Not a party hostel and no organised events, though staff recommended an excellent free waking tour!

Great hostel - relaxed but fun. Nice staff and lovely building. Could do with more bathrooms/toilets though!

Awesome building with crazily high ceilings

You must stay at this hostel if you go to Montevideo. All the staff are so nice and helpful. Everyone hangs out together for afew beers, plays music, its a great place. I am an old fogie and everyone still made me feel welcomed. The beds are super comfortable too and nice big rooms.

Hostel has a music room with a piano and a guitar, and a beautiful patio with a pool. Matze at the reception is very friendly and helpful. The house itself is amazing.

• 25th Mar 2015

We stayed in one of the double rooms which was really comfy, clean and nice! The rest of the hostel was really good too; nice kitchen, helpful staff, pretty, safe and relaxed environment, and it's clean everywhere. The only problem we had was that there was only 1 bathroom so sometimes you had to wait quite long before taking a shower. But overall its great! (If not a little too expensive for the private rooms)

One of the best hostels that I knew. Amazing people and staff. An old house very beautiful. Swimming pool !

Lovely big rooms, lovely staff, cute cat, nothing to complain about

The hostel has a good atmosphere, the pool area and music room are both cool places to hang out in. Breakfast was limited; only bread, one cereal and a small amount of fruit. The kitchen also got crowded when people wanted to cook in the evening. But the showers were really good so everything averaged itself out.