Ukelele Hostel Reviews

Maldonado 1183, Montevideo, Uruguay

We stayed in one of the double rooms which was really comfy, clean and nice! The rest of the hostel was really good too; nice kitchen, helpful staff, pretty, safe and relaxed environment, and it's clean everywhere. The only problem we had was that there was only 1 bathroom so sometimes you had to wait quite long before taking a shower. But overall its great! (If not a little too expensive for the private rooms)

One of the best hostels that I knew. Amazing people and staff. An old house very beautiful. Swimming pool !

Lovely big rooms, lovely staff, cute cat, nothing to complain about

The hostel has a good atmosphere, the pool area and music room are both cool places to hang out in. Breakfast was limited; only bread, one cereal and a small amount of fruit. The kitchen also got crowded when people wanted to cook in the evening. But the showers were really good so everything averaged itself out.

Gerar place to stay to meet people and relax in Montevideo! The property is huge and even has a swimming pool. Good location, one of my favorite hostels!

Cool place with a really good vibe. No ac in the rooms which isnt great when it's hot. Really cool old mansion but it is starting to fall apart. Not a problem when I stayed there but it's sad to see it falling apart. Leaky sinks, etc. location is good and staff were very friendly.

Loved this hostel, one of my favorites in South America. Would recommend and stay again! Ended up extending my stay almost immediately because I loved it so much.

Staff was very helpful, Vicky especially was lovely. Breakfast was decent. Kitchen very big! Lots of common areas, wifi worked in the bedrooms!! (Always a bonus). Very clean! Lack of working outlets a tad frustrating. Easily in walking distance to just about everything. We stayed 5 nights and really enjoyed it.

The doors to the doors are barely closable and the rooms facing the street smells like fumes. The pool is not the cleanest and the breakfast is just toast and frosties. Not my favourite hostel.

I loved this hostel! So much so that I will definitely be returning for one more night as I pass back through Montevideo. The staff is super nice and helpful about recommendations both for things to do in Montevideo and what to do when you leave. I arrived alone but after two days felt like I had made friends with everyone else there. It's in a beautiful building with lots of natural wood and high ceilings creating a lovely environment for hanging out with all the cool people you meet.

• 24th Feb 2015

Only stayed one night as we were on the way up the coast, but definitely was a good place to explore Montevideo from. We were in a twelve man which was a decent size, nice pool and outdoor area, lots of common rooms downstairs. Breakfast was decent too. Shout out to Matias, really helpful guy on the desk who gave us loads of tips and helped us settle. May stay there again on the way back.

• 22nd Feb 2015

The piano is tuned that was a surprise and I really enjoyed playing, but the guitar had a missing string which is not a big deal but it would have been nice to be able to play it. Everything else, EXCELLENT!

It's a good place to chill, make new friend and have a nice time! One of the best hostel in Montevideo. Thank you guys for the great time!

In a lovely building with a really nice pool. A great place to stay in a not so great city.

Fantastic hostel, funny and amazing staff. The atmosphere was great, you can feel the warm mood in every single thing. High recommend. Clean, safe, good location. Very worth it. And a cute pet, a little black cat!! Special mention to Matias, you're great!! Hope to come back again! Muchas gracias por todo ;) Helena

This hostel is in an old building and it is loud just like the previous reviews said. If you can get over that, this is a great place to stay. The staff is helpful and friendly and the pool is an added bonus. Neighborhood is a little sketchy at night but just use common sense and you'll be fine.

• 28th Jan 2015

Lovely hostel, would defiantly recommend!

The common areas and pool are great! Seriously, come here just for the pool! Staff are all bilingual (English, spanish) and helpful. Large kitchen, all the utensils one would need, a whole wheat bread option for breakfast puts this hostel near the top of the ones I have stayed in. Only sour note... the owner came in 1 night and made asado for all his friends but it was not offered to the guests (that I am aware). That was unfortunate, considering we were not permitted to use the grill ourselves

Hello. I'm glad you liked our hostel, in fact I guess you're staying with us now! Only one thing to make clear, I (owner) never did any asado in the hostel. The only people I'm aware that did an asado were a group of argentinian musicians who had already bought all the stuff and it was already too late to tell them not to do it, so we did that big exception that night. As you say, the grill is under maintenance and that's why you couldn't use it. I would never do such thing! Thank you!

Beautiful hostal. Laid back but lively. Clean but not strict. Pool, piano, guitar and Is close to everything in montevideo. 10/10

We had stayed there in the new year holidays, this days the weather became cold but in the hostel didn't has hot water in the shower. I had complained for 2 days, they fixed only in my last day there.