Ukelele Hostel Reviews

Maldonado 1183, Montevideo, Uruguay

Really awesome hostel. Was very quiet when I moved in but the place is really cool and the staff are lovely. Really appreciated the pool and all the nice common areas.

Staff was great. Really happy there was a playable piano there since they are rare to find in South America.

Cool Hostel. The most I stayed at in Uruguay.

nice hostel)

Rooms were nice and spacious and clean. Nice looking pool and good communal areas. Staff were friendly and informative with Mattheus (spelling?) being especially helpful and friendly!

Really helpful staff, clean bathrooms, classy building, and big rooms. I really enjoyed my stay here.

If you want to feel at home, Ukelele is perfect. I really enjoyed the wide rooms, the fireplace, and even the wooden (and noisy) stairs were charming and fun. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great and there is a good atmosphere for making new friends. After a very tiring day in Punta del Este, it was great to know I was going somehere I could call "home" at least in that moment. Shower is good.

Even though it was only for one night, we truly enjoyed our stay here. It was great and would gladly stay here again!

Hostel was alright, near the centre but slow internet and a little too noisy from the music at the reception so it was a little hard to sleep

I really Liked staying there, great price, Mathias like everyone else working there where super helpful. Good location.., hot shower !!

Staff try's hard to help. Friendly atmosphere. Big old house with lots of character.

Really friendly and helpful staff! Disappointed there was no ukulele to play in the music room and only one broken gutiar.

• 29th Jul 2014

The hotel is close to the city centre and the beach. Staff (especially Katja) were superb. We also attended a barbecue (asado) by the two owners of the hostel which was great to meet people. Our room was average but had a locker under each bed which was great. The kitchen could be equipped better and the shared bathrooms could be improved but were ok.

Great hostel, very helpfull staff, good location near everything you need. Would stay there again.