Ukukus Hostel Reviews

Calle Hospital 842, Interior 04, Cusco, Peru

Rooms are good, kitchen alright with no fridge, wifi works with a few downtimes, it's clean and the location is a little bit outside of the main plaza, but still not a long walk. What I did not appreciate is one of the staffs is quite deceptive and he lied to me, which is why I left for another hostel. FYI, going to Hydroelectrica solo without arranging transp at the hostel, costs between 25-45 soles, depending on you and it's really easy.

Nothing bad to say!!!! Near to everything good rooms, clean, nice terrace...perfect !

Great deal, very affordable! Clean facilities and very helpful staff! One gentleman spent about fifteen minutes explaining to us the most affordable way to get to Machu Picchu- definitely recommend!

Hostel is one of the cheapest in Cusco. It is kept very clean however the dorm I was in for very cold at night as did kitchen area. No fridge but kitchen cold enough that milk kept fresh for a couple of days anyway. Cute cat that wandered about although if you have allergies best avoid this hostel. Apart from the cold my first stay was fine however when I returned from the Inca Trail there had been a mistake on my booking and they were fully booked so I ended up staying elsewhere.

Great Hostel! Only problem I'd say is that they don't have a fridge and if you are making breakfast with butter it can be a bit precarious. The hostel was very clean, staff were extremely attentive and helpful. We went on the machu picchu tour offered by the hostel and although it was expensive it was one of the best experiences of our lives. These guys know what they are talking about and have lots of experience. They also didn't have a toaster. So great hostel, but not so great kitchen :)

Best value for money! Really good deal for cusco- nice hostel!

Great hostal and great value, staff was very helpful andthey are working hard to improve it. Good kitchen facility's, the showers were not always hot. Overall agreat place to stay in Cusco

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel was the prettiesf hostel I have ever seen, it was super close from the mange plaza and the personnel was super helpful, helping us around, Calling à taxi to be there at 4h30am for us, etc. Only thing: my friend and I were placed in seperated room for one of the nights we booked.

One of the nicest hostels we have stayed in. The beds were great. The showers are amazing. The internet is fast and can be access in the bed rooms. It's a small hostel and the staff are AMAZING. I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants a good night sleet, really good staff and easy access at a great price. The only thing they need is a TV, microwave and fridge in the common area and it will be awesome. (note they don't do breakfast, but there is are heaps of nice places to eat near)

Great Hostel. Always had hot water for showers with good pressure.

Cusco is relatively expensive for accommodation so this originally stood out for being one of the cheapest. But it turned out to be a great place to stay as well. Staff are super friendly. One of them speaks very good English. Beds are really comfy. Showers very good. Also they are improving it all the time. I'm sure they'll be adding a fridge and maybe a tv into the social area pretty soon.

The receptionist was very nice letting me leave my luggage for days in the hostel. Facilities could be upgraded, only a few bathrooms are there for a lot of people, there are no security lockers and there is not any form of breakfast (not even paid) at the hostel. Location is a bit shady during the night, but it´s only 5-10 minutes away from Plaza San Francisco or Plaza de Armas. The young guy at the reception was especially nice helping me catch the flight early in the morning

The staff that work there are great, extremely helpful.

This hostel is the best hostel I stayed at in my 3 months of South America! The owner is incredible he loaned me 100 soles when I got pick pocketed in the markets and let me stay there until I got all my cards back. The atmosphere is great and it has the BEST hot water in Peru.

I loved my stay here! The vibe is great and they place attracts a good crowd. It was never too noisy, but still really social. The staff are fantastic and will bend over backward to help you out. I really liked the location, but I know other people prefer to be a bit closer to the main plaza. It was only about a 15 minute walk though, and was really close to the San Pedro markets and was a lot quieter than the main plaza. The beds are comfy and the bathrooms are always clean.

The owner was extremely helpful, positive, friendly and spoke excellent English. The room was adequate for the price. The atmosphere of the hostel was excellent. There is a cooking and eating area, although a couple more things such as a fridge and another lounge would have been welcomed additions.

Very Basic Hostel, in the kitchen you'll only find plastic dishes and maybe 4 sets of cuterly. There is also only 1 table with 4 chairs for all guests which is just not enough but the price is unbeatable and if you just need a bed its a good choice.

• 3rd Jun 2014

A quiet hostel out of the thick of the Main Plaza but close enough to walk there quickly. The front desk can book tours for you so that was very convenient. The staff were very helpful and I enjoyed my stay. They have a cute cat that loves to sneak around.

Really nice staff, a little far from center (15 mibutes walk). Really good kitchen

We tried to book 3 nights through their website but we never received a confirmation so we had to book through Hostelworld and there was only 1 night available, too bad. Pick up from the bus terminal was great! Helpfull staff, thank you for the heater! Room was clean but very basic. Clean bathroom. Full equiped kitchen but that night and the next morning were just too cold to use the kitchen (as it is an open kitchen...) Probably a great place on hot days and nights ;-)