Ukukus Hostel Reviews

Calle Hospital 842, Interior 04, Cusco, Peru

Staff met us very badly. Mocked of our questions. When we arrived there was no water in the hostel. The showers are terrible. Taken not work. Too bad the service, wanted to leave the hostel as soon as possible

Great staff, very convenient location, close to the downtown but far enough for some peace and quiet. The rooms are comfortable and the common area is spacious and well located. Incredible value for the money. Highly recommended!

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Rooms are good, kitchen alright with no fridge, wifi works with a few downtimes, it's clean and the location is a little bit outside of the main plaza, but still not a long walk. What I did not appreciate is one of the staffs is quite deceptive and he lied to me, which is why I left for another hostel. FYI, going to Hydroelectrica solo without arranging transp at the hostel, costs between 25-45 soles, depending on you and it's really easy.

We stayed only one night but really liked. The room was a 6 bed dorm and was really big. The kitchen was big and well equipped, but no fridge.The staff was great, and we booked our salkantay trek with them. Everything happened as we plan. The problems are that there was only one energy plug in the room, no individual lights, so in the middle of the night a guest arrived and turn on the lights of the whole room and part of the ceiling was dangerously low. Just 1 bathroom on the floor.

Nothing bad to say!!!! Near to everything good rooms, clean, nice terrace...perfect !

Great deal, very affordable! Clean facilities and very helpful staff! One gentleman spent about fifteen minutes explaining to us the most affordable way to get to Machu Picchu- definitely recommend!

Hostel is one of the cheapest in Cusco. It is kept very clean however the dorm I was in for very cold at night as did kitchen area. No fridge but kitchen cold enough that milk kept fresh for a couple of days anyway. Cute cat that wandered about although if you have allergies best avoid this hostel. Apart from the cold my first stay was fine however when I returned from the Inca Trail there had been a mistake on my booking and they were fully booked so I ended up staying elsewhere.

Great Hostel! Only problem I'd say is that they don't have a fridge and if you are making breakfast with butter it can be a bit precarious. The hostel was very clean, staff were extremely attentive and helpful. We went on the machu picchu tour offered by the hostel and although it was expensive it was one of the best experiences of our lives. These guys know what they are talking about and have lots of experience. They also didn't have a toaster. So great hostel, but not so great kitchen :)

Best value for money! Really good deal for cusco- nice hostel!

Great hostal and great value, staff was very helpful andthey are working hard to improve it. Good kitchen facility's, the showers were not always hot. Overall agreat place to stay in Cusco

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel was the prettiesf hostel I have ever seen, it was super close from the mange plaza and the personnel was super helpful, helping us around, Calling à taxi to be there at 4h30am for us, etc. Only thing: my friend and I were placed in seperated room for one of the nights we booked.

One of the nicest hostels we have stayed in. The beds were great. The showers are amazing. The internet is fast and can be access in the bed rooms. It's a small hostel and the staff are AMAZING. I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants a good night sleet, really good staff and easy access at a great price. The only thing they need is a TV, microwave and fridge in the common area and it will be awesome. (note they don't do breakfast, but there is are heaps of nice places to eat near)

Great Hostel. Always had hot water for showers with good pressure.